Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

A succinct summary of like half of deviantart posted:

what if we made this cool show about positivity and friendship a little more GRIMDARK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I mean, watching Amethyst have an existential crisis was kind of dark.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah but grimdark requires the darkness be purposeless to the point of inanity and not have any kind of emotional payoff.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

chitoryu12 posted:

IT'S HEEEEEEERE

Edit: We should have a link to the game on Tumblr so we can reblog it and get it a little more attention.

Here you go!

http://haroldkrell.tumblr.com/post/121330077947/monday-afternoon-crystalers-by-harold-krell

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted
Monday Afternoon Crystalers is an interesting concept, but the text crawl is really slow and jerky on my machine, to the point of making the game all but unplayable. (Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to backspace spelling errors, though that may be a design feature.) I'd usually suspect my computer/browser, but this game shouldn't be an outrageous RAM hog. Did any of y'all see something similar? I seriously doubt that I'm getting the gameplay experience Harold intended...

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'll play this in a little while but currently leaving it on in the background for this wonderful music loop.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
On the subject of Stevens ability to regenerate, I kinda feel like it would make more sense if he could then couldn't at this point.

I mean he turned into a mutant cat elemental and back, can fuse and control his own age. His body is completely malleable to his magic. Plus some weird spirit journey in his mindscape as he regenerates sounds fun.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Found a typo! We want you to put your heart and soul into your responses, so we'd like to here FIVE good sentences from you.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I'm pretty sure this is a show with enough magic that even if connie or greg died they could work out a story of how they bring them back to life. Let alone steven.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The crystal gems are obviously representatives of Chaos Gods

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah but grimdark requires the darkness be purposeless to the point of inanity and not have any kind of emotional payoff.

This is significant. The show is totally willing to go to dark places, and does so in many episodes. But as a hopeful show, it always loops back around to things being fixable and things being okay, and not even just by Being Positive at them but by actually putting in some kind of effort to fix them.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Integral Catculus posted:

Monday Afternoon Crystalers is an interesting concept, but the text crawl is really slow and jerky on my machine, to the point of making the game all but unplayable. (Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to backspace spelling errors, though that may be a design feature.) I'd usually suspect my computer/browser, but this game shouldn't be an outrageous RAM hog. Did any of y'all see something similar? I seriously doubt that I'm getting the gameplay experience Harold intended...

What browser are you using? The game works best on Chrome, but should still be playable on the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Also, do you know how slow the text is crawling? A line of dialog should take around a second or two to display across the screen.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
To help tide things over some more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSv32JnnTag

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is there a full version of the outro with the lyrics somewhere?

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted

Harold Krell posted:

What browser are you using? The game works best on Chrome, but should still be playable on the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Also, do you know how slow the text is crawling? A line of dialog should take around a second or two to display across the screen.

I'm using Safari. It took about a minute to display Steven's four-line "It's here!" chant!

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Integral Catculus posted:

I'm using Safari. It took about a minute to display Steven's four-line "It's here!" chant!

Okay, I haven't tested with that browser yet. (I have a PC). I'll try to get a fix in later tonight. Otherwise, feel free to use one of the other browsers for right now.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
New interview, some slight spoilers:

http://www.newsarama.com/24809-steven-universe-creator-talks-jailbreak-future.html

And before anyone asks, no, the clip does not have sound (unless they happen to fix it since I watched it)

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 13, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my God Greg and Rose duet.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Flying-PCP posted:

New interview, some slight spoilers:

http://www.newsarama.com/24809-steven-universe-creator-talks-jailbreak-future.html

And before anyone asks, no, the clip does not have sound (unless they happen to fix it since I watched it)

It's weird that the clip has no audio but it's worth watching for a quality Pearl-face.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Bass Bottles posted:

It's weird that the clip has no audio but it's worth watching for a quality Pearl-face.

Oh thank god I thought it was just me.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

I found a version with some audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfunGqvsxI4

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

I think they really got Pearl's voice on point in this.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Thank you.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
New promo clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ypsxdkkk8

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I'm not sure if I'll survive "real" heavy episodes...

quote:

Nrama: How do you find the balance between going from episodes like “Jail Break” or “Lion 3 VHS” to something not has heavy as “Winter Forecast” or even “Horror Club?"

Sugar: [Laughs] I don’t consider those heavy.

This interview has some great tidbits...

quote:

Sugar: Well now Steven actually knows what’s happening as the show is from his point of view it sort of becomes another show. To me, this is where the show starts. We catch him up with himself but now he’s going on an adventure with the Gems in real time where they don’t really know what’s going on either. That is truly different and I feel at this point we’re writing a very different show about him as an equal member of the team whereas there was this other show about him becoming an equal member of the team and that’s what’s exciting about it from me.

quote:

Sugar: I’ve been asked a lot genre-wise “what is this” and to me this show is about the characters. It’s not a genre thing where every episode has to be similar, but the characters have to be consistent. Well, not even consistent because they change! I feel like the show is so much like all of us that makes me free to explore different things and let it grow because it’s something that’s actually happening.

I love that the show can evolve and doesn't need to stay in one format or genre... even through season one we saw a lot of shifting from simple monster of the week type stuff to more complex things as we learned more about the world and the gems, and then the stakes got higher... can't wait to see where we go from here.

Also that preview clip is deadly.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My prediction for the next episode: it's gonna be good.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

More preview clip-age... http://emelld1324.tumblr.com/post/121396402601/sworn-to-the-sword-trailer

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
That screen looks like it could be a reference to something, especially with that Bebop-esque line in the corner.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The interview confirms a Greg/Rose duet was written.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there a legit way to buy the soundtrack? I searched around and could only find shady methods.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Interview suggests that the hiatus is going to resume right after the Stevenbomb. I'm mad!!!
Interview also suggests a Rose/Greg duet, possibly more Pearl songs, and "heavy" episodes that will make "Lion 3" and "Jail Break" pale in comparison. I'm less mad!!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EC posted:

Is there a legit way to buy the soundtrack? I searched around and could only find shady methods.

Not yet, which is a shame.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

SexyBlindfold posted:

Interview suggests that the hiatus is going to resume right after the Stevenbomb. I'm mad!!!
Interview also suggests a Rose/Greg duet, possibly more Pearl songs, and "heavy" episodes that will make "Lion 3" and "Jail Break" pale in comparison. I'm less mad!!!

They were running out of episodes after the last SB so I'm fine with them taking the rest of the summer off :)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Since new episodes are this week, it's time to start checking the thread again. Anything interesting happen in the last 700 or so posts?

Also sorry for no longer having an SU avatar. I could not pass this one up.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

axleblaze posted:

Since new episodes are this week, it's time to start checking the thread again. Anything interesting happen in the last 700 or so posts?

Depending on your opinion on Radium, this thread turned into either better or worse coded version of tumblr.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey now, they hired somebody else to fix the site about three years ago.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

axleblaze posted:

Uhhh where did you get the art for that avatar? I love it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Uhhh where did you get the art for that avatar? I love it.

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Question regarding Garnet's future vision:
Given that she can see possible future timelines, if Garnet encounters a book and there's an possible future timeline where she reads the book and learns from it, can she use that knowledge in the present without ever actually reading the book?
If yes, does this mean she's effectively read every single book she's ever encountered?

• Locked thread