Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Orlando Sanchez is an accurate representation of what Mighty Mouse would look like if he went on the Matt Serra diet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bubba Smith posted:

Orlando Sanchez is an accurate representation of what Mighty Mouse would look like if he went on the Matt Serra diet.

MMMDMMJ would be insane if he was half as juiced as Serra is.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just chiming in to say that the OP was awesome and Cain is going to remind everyone that he is the best heavyweight of all time who only fights some of the time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

MMMDMMJ would be insane if he was half as juiced as Serra is.

If Cejudo wins impressively/finishes will he get the next title shot? I can see them booking a rematch with Dodgson or a fight with Formiga but they didn't exactly set the world alight with their last fights.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
That's what I expect. Dodson is the deserving contender but he admitted he didn't push for the finish in his last fight with Makovsky cause apparently they've been friends for years. Could be an excuse for a lackluster performance but since he's knocked out everyone else who isn't Mighty Mouse or Makovsky I'll believe him. Could also have been the ring rust coming off the injury too.

So yeah if Cejudo does something cool tonight he's on a 3 UFC fight win streak, a name DJ hasn't fought yet, undefeated, and an Olympic gold medalist. Added that he has a good personality and it's an easy fight to sell. A sellable fight that nobody will buy regardless of who was in there. The only opponents that would make any kind of PPV difference for DJ is if he moved up and fought TJ/Cruz/Barao/Faber.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Who else remembers how much Kelvin/Story owned last year?

I love Kelvin. Hopefully he can take care of business tonight, get himself a bonus, and bring in somebody to help him with his weight cut. He's loving 23. He can win a title at 170.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

4 hours, lads.

palmkernel
Dec 11, 2013

I know it's not going to happen, but I hope Werdum beats Cain. It would be great to have a more active HW champion.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it sort of really feels like werdum's gonna get cain early

e: this does not necessarily mean he's gonna win

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

palmkernel posted:

I know it's not going to happen, but I hope Werdum beats Cain. It would be great to have a more active HW champion.

more active Heavyweights don't exist. Even if you had a champion who fought more than once a year it wouldn't matter because then the #1 contender would be out with an injury and the match would be delayed anyways. Heavyweights as a division are slow injury-prone PED users.

The best you're gonna get is if Stipe Miocic becomes champion and fights himself twice a year.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't like the idea of an interim belt, a champion should have to relinquish the belt if he can't defend it every 12 months at least.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Marquardt is as juiced as his wife is pregnant.

Doesn't really matter how juiced or how pregnant, you just have to punch them in the right place.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Good OP.

Does anyone ever make the snack? This one looked kinda good.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
why is eddie alvarez's facial hair and why is nate marquart on the main card

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Triticum Guzzler posted:

why is eddie alvarez's facial hair and why is nate marquart on the main card

It's less that Nate is on the main card and more that Kelvin's grappling dummy is on the main card.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does Kelvin still look like his mammy gave him too much dinner even a weight class up?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Does Kelvin still look like his mammy gave him too much dinner even a weight class up?

The Anthony Johnson method.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

EmmyOk posted:

Yup.

Count Roland posted:

Good OP.

Does anyone ever make the snack? This one looked kinda good.

Yup, it's decent.

And thank you and everyone else for their nice words about my GDTs!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Bluedeanie posted:

Yup.

Yup, it's decent.

And thank you and everyone else for their nice words about my GDTs!

good gdt

also we live

#mma for chat without posting

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like that part of the Cain/Werdum promo where Fabricio is looking at the camera smiling and waving his fist post-fight. He has the same facial expression you'd look at your best friend with when the teacher said you could work together in primary school.

"He'll take one punch to give four or five", who wouldn't take that exchange rate, Goldie?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
AKA guys seem pretty scary on the rare occasions they manage to come in healthy

E: wild action, dick punches, submission attempts, starting it off right

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 14, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Anyone who calls themself Cassius Clay is definitely a oval office.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
This fight is cool as poo poo, woe to anybody who thought they should skip it

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

nice German suplex

edit: autocorrect

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
That was a fun first round.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cool fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
crowd booed a spinning backfist. i love mexico now.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The Mexican crowd jeering spinning poo poo is cool and funny.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Those inside leg kicks are money.

Edit: of course he gets taken down for throwing one

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Those leg kicks that keep making Collard stumble are so nice

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I had no idea Mexico City was so high above sea level, gonna be some next level gassing tonight

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Those leg kicks that keep making Collard stumble are so nice

Benitez has some neat strikes. that crazy elbow when Collard had his back, the heavy southpaw kicks, the left straight to the body is money. Collard probably sucks so it doesn't say a ton about Benitez as a fighter but he is super fun

E: collard looks like he's dying from all that body damage plus the altitude

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It looks like Benitez has beaten Collard into eczema

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
It's a proud tradition for dorky white folks to go to Mexico and get destroyed off of body shots, it just usually happens on Spring Break.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
do not call yourself cassius clay, in my opinion

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
heavyweight level gas out by collard now

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I think they're both really tired.

Yeah benitez is exhausted from kicking the poo poo out of collard and collard is exhausting from getting his rear end kicked pillar to post

e: awfulapp messing up my posts, which are poo poo to start with anyway

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 14, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus man have some pride, don't crawl.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

Heavyweight level gas out by collard now

I think they're both really tired.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

do not call yourself cassius clay, in my opinion

He saw how Ali moved in 2015 and was like "this is exactly how i box"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Gonna make chorizo and eggs for this ppv.

• Locked thread