Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

EmmyOk posted:

If Cejudo gets his title shot off this over Dodson then no one can complain about the McGregor shot again. Not that I have a problem with either

McGregor getting a shot after beating DDP made a bit of sense though, it's just that the UFC was hoping that Cub was gonna beat Frankie and they threw Conor a softball just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
am I reading this right? cejudo is an 11 to 1 dog? what the mother gently caress

edit: I'm an idiot never mind.

POTATO IN MY ANUS fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 14, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I live for the day when a fighter walks out to Taylor Swift

e:

1st AD posted:

McGregor getting a shot after beating DDP made a bit of sense though, it's just that the UFC was hoping that Cub was gonna beat Frankie and they threw Conor a softball just in case

Ok cool, I never thought of this. Like I said I never had a problem with it, if the order was the other way round no one would mind him getting.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Never seen buffalo wild wings this empty for a ppv.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Andy Dufresne posted:

Never seen buffalo wild wings this empty for a ppv.

the one we are in is pretty barren too. not sure why. Cain and Werdum and Eddie vs Gil is some exciting poo poo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

EmmyOk posted:

If Cejudo gets his title shot off this over Dodson then no one can complain about the McGregor shot again. Not that I have a problem with either

Both are similar. Aldo has beaten like.. 6 of the top 10 ranked opponents and Mighty Mouse has beaten like 8 out of 10? When you've cleaned out the division you get to fight guys with weaker roads to the title. Dodson and Benavidez aren't any different than Frankie and Mendes . Lost to the champ already but better than the rest of the division. So it isn't crazy to put guys like Conor and Cejudo in there, especially in Conor's case when he's an upcoming superstar of the sport.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Half an hour left for Goonweight picks

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721325#post446461262

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

Both are similar. Aldo has beaten like.. 6 of the top 10 ranked opponents and Mighty Mouse has beaten like 8 out of 10? When you've cleaned out the division you get to fight guys with weaker roads to the title. Dodson and Benavidez aren't any different than Frankie and Mendes . Lost to the champ already but better than the rest of the division. So it isn't crazy to put guys like Conor and Cejudo in there, especially in Conor's case when he's an upcoming superstar of the sport.

I know, I agree. I am just saying I have not heard complaints about Cejudo possibly getting it but I have heard about loads of them about Conor!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Well Cejudo is a proven good wrestler and Conor has been groomed to avoid every single notable wrestler in his division.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cejudo has bad defense still. He'd lose to Horiguchi.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1st AD posted:

Well Cejudo is a proven good wrestler and Conor has been groomed to avoid every single notable wrestler in his division.

Do not make me cross with you!

Also out of interest how sore are foot stamps in the clinch? They always make me wince a bit, but the sound could be misleading.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Also out of interest how sore are foot stamps in the clinch? They always make me wince a bit, but the sound could be misleading.

They don't feel good and in theory you could gently caress up a guy's foot and slow his movement, but in practice they're mainly a way to look active and hopefully stop the ref from breaking up the clinch.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

EmmyOk posted:

Do not make me cross with you!

Drop a 10 pound weight on your foot from knee height. It hurts and if it lands just right it'll break something. Fighters are tough and can take the pain.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Camus being pissed about the clinch but doing nothing to reverse it is so annoying.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

acejackson42 posted:

Drop a 10 pound weight on your foot from knee height. It hurts and if it lands just right it'll break something. Fighters are tough and can take the pain.

Haha gently caress that.

How is Cariaso ranked above Camus?

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Cejudo not looking that great

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Cejudo is gassed. Quetzalcoatl better intervene on his behalf or Camus might catch him in the third.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Camus being pissed about the clinch but doing nothing to reverse it is so annoying.

idk he's handfighting a bit and circling out when he's stuck on the fence. He's doing all right.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Should I be impressed by Camus or disappointed by Cejudo?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EvanSchenck posted:

I think you know

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

EvanSchenck posted:

I kind of expected Cejudo to look bad because his defense looked bad the last time I saw him

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EvanSchenck posted:

Both.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Flyweight fight reminder that DJ would crush either of these guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Joe is really into the odds.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Flyweigh fight reminder that DJ would crush either of these guys.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mighty Mouse could probably fight two Cejudos at once and not get tired.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Incoming glove rant.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Mighty Mouse could probably fight two Cejudos at once and not get tired.

We need to understand quantum mechanics better so we can make him fight himself

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Benavidez would knock Cejudo's head off, right? He just rushes forward and head hunts when he's trying to close the distance.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Cejudo has nothing for MM, but neither does anyone else. Dodson is still the most interesting possibility.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Incoming glove rant.

I think it happened from Cejudo throwing the punch with his thumb sticking out and slipping into the eye, which can't be fixed by MMA gloves so Joe just moved on

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
For a 12-1 dog, Camus is hanging in there pretty well...

Also on foot stomps, judo guy I trained with who fought MMA got stomped up in a fight and even though he won, his feet were loving wrecked. Nothing broken but whole bunch of soft tissue damage. They swelled up something fierce and he could barely walk for a week. As he says it, foot stomps are an rear end in a top hat thing to do because they don't do anything during the fight but wreck your opponent for days after the fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

acejackson42 posted:

an rear end in a top hat thing to do because they don't do anything during the fight but wreck your opponent for days after the fight.

Sounds like my kind of move.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

1st AD posted:

Benavidez would knock Cejudo's head off, right? He just rushes forward and head hunts when he's trying to close the distance.

Yeah

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
whoa did Cejudo almost go for a soccer kick off that takedown?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol Cejudo got cut up by the one elbow Camus landed on the bottom

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

EvanSchenck posted:

whoa did Cejudo almost go for a soccer kick off that takedown?

Haha Camus got scared and gave up the takedown

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Threatening the soccer kick to get Camus to roll to his back was crafty. Really dirty, but crafty.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
well, bring on the 3rd Benavidez match

I wouldn't write off Cejudo yet since he still hasn't had his 10th pro bout yet and he's been taking MMA seriously for like 3 years now?

But he clearly needs a few more fights in before fighting for the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

well, bring on the 3rd Benavidez match

I wouldn't write off Cejudo yet since he still hasn't had his 10th pro bout yet and he's been taking MMA seriously for like 3 years now?

But he clearly needs a few more fights in before fighting for the title

Yeah definitely into Benavidez getting the shot over Dodson and Cejudo

• Locked thread