Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Nintendo copied LittleBigPlanet, dorks claim is greatest thing ever. That about covers it

deeeeeeeak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

My mistake then.

Nintendo copied LittleBigPlanet, dorks try desperately to justify why that's okay.

LBP is cool but has a lot of issues that Sony refuses to acknowledge. That said, this is not at all copying LBP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fulchrum posted:

My mistake then.

Nintendo copied LittleBigPlanet, dorks try desperately to justify why that's okay.

deak

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gimbal lock posted:

You didn't watch the championship or something, right? Either that or you're loving with us.

Okay, fine. Nintendo copied LittleBigPlanet, manchildren played on stage, manchildren at home went nuts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So who has the best stream for Bethesda's conference, youtube or twitch?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

My mistake then.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

My mistake then.

I tried to read both of your posts by they just looked like wet fart noises.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

it was way more interesting than a multi hour smash tourney like last year. I actually got super hype around the mario maker part.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That was amazing but I gotta ask, who is John Numbers exactly I have never heard hide nor hair of him before today and I pray to god he's just some goober who walked out of the crowd, got picked, and suddenly schooled every 2-bit eceleb and speedrunner and became a 10 year old again at the end

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nintendo shows what they think of mods with Mario Maker, next up is Bethesda to talk about Fallout 4

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't want to watch Bethesda's stream but (because) they're gonna show Doom 4

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Fulchrum posted:

My mistake then.

Nintendo holds more nostaligia and is more established.

Also different gameplay types. While they both are platformers at core it's not the same gamplay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I have a Twitch one open, but I'm betting there's a better youtube.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

My mistake then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So who has the best stream for Bethesda's conference?

Youtube is officially providing the platform to watch it on, but IGN is hosting it. I watched the Nintendo Championship on Youtube and it was perfect.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Youtube obviously.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

LBP is cool but has a lot of issues that Sony refuses to acknowledge. That said, this is not at all copying LBP.

Can you give a reason why that doesn't involve the physics and sticks at the conceptual?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I stopped watching the stream so I could buy Earthbound Beginnings. I'm not even gonna play it.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DrManiac posted:

I actually got super hype around the mario maker part.

Every competitive video game tournament should be transformed into Super Mario Maker.

So where's a link to this Bethesda thing? I need a cooldown lap after all the laughing and smiling I was doing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, fine. Nintendo copied LittleBigPlanet, manchildren played on stage, manchildren at home went nuts.

Do...do you really think that 1) LittleBigPlanet is the world's first level creator, and 2) that something being like another thing makes it bad?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Black August posted:

That was amazing but I gotta ask, who is John Numbers exactly I have never heard hide nor hair of him before today and I pray to god he's just some goober who walked out of the crowd, got picked, and suddenly schooled every 2-bit eceleb and speedrunner and became a 10 year old again at the end

It's simple

He's your new King, now bow down.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While waiting on Giant Bomb to start here one of their intermission tracks (need to find a link to Lockdown).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkiOvL9DZ4

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Youtube is officially providing the platform to watch it on, but IGN is hosting it. I watched the Nintendo Championship on Youtube and it was perfect.

Except for the flashing black screen thing during Mario Maker. Did that happen on Twitch too?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bicyclops posted:

I tried to read both of your posts by they just looked like wet fart noises.

Just did one myself. Can confirm.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Black August posted:

Apparently I searched for him before today. He does championships in bad games for some reason.

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.

Fulchrum posted:

Can you give a reason why that doesn't involve the physics and sticks at the conceptual?

Deak!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Black August posted:

he was one of the two guys who won whatever that best buy contest was to get into the championships

i vaguely feel like i've heard his name somewhere before but i don't think he's a speedrunner or a let's player

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

he was one of the two guys who won whatever that best buy contest was to get into the championships

i vaguely feel like i've heard his name somewhere before but i don't think he's a speedrunner or a let's player

He is.
https://www.google.com/search?q=joh...sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SectumSempra posted:

Nintendo holds more nostaligia and is more established.

I didn't expect anyone to actually blatantly say "it's okay cause I like Nintendo more"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blackheart posted:

It's simple

He's your new King, now bow down.

Already did, all hail the King

Yaos posted:

Apparently I searched for him before today. He does championships in bad games for some reason.

So he really is just some guy, not even a youtube personality

That's loving perfect

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As a nice contrast here's people having tons of fun in "real" e-sports!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM&t=40s

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Nintendo copied LittleBigPlanet, dorks claim is greatest thing ever. That about covers it

What is this even supposed to mean? Because they both have user level creators in a platformer? Because if so LittleBigPlanet copied Lode Runner.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mario Maker looks sweet as hell.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Rirse posted:

While waiting on Giant Bomb to start here one of their intermission tracks (need to find a link to Lockdown).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkiOvL9DZ4

its not e3 without this track

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rirse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FDPgvm2l0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Black August posted:

Already did, all hail the King

So he really is just some guy, not even a youtube personality

That's loving perfect

I can't wait for the Total Biscuit video on why him winning the Nintendo World Championship 2015 reflects badly on game journalism.

• Locked thread