Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Frankenmountain looks comically dumb. I'm guessing the High Sparrow, the Faith Militant and pretty much all Kings Landing is gonna be hosed once Cersei consolidates some power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

MrBims posted:

Yes. The above is wrong, there is still a lot of potential for book spoilers to happen in the show.

Certainly nothing major or is even guaranteed to be in the show.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
No way is that fool dead for good, why did I sit through five seasons of boring Wall stuff with only one or two good episodes to show for it? If Jon's dead then how does anything in his story line relate to anyone else? Sam?

oswald ownenstein posted:

I don't think it was a bad episode, it was just horribly unsatisfying for a finale - it feels like we're supposed to get the real finale after all this setup.

The whole episode was an extended teaser for next season, at least to me. Now to cross my fingers that they bring HBO Now to Android platforms by next season.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 15, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think that I'm rooting for the Lannisters now

How the hell did that happen

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Hexel posted:

Frankenmountain looks comically dumb. I'm guessing the High Sparrow, the Faith Militant and pretty much all Kings Landing is gonna be hosed once Cersei consolidates some power.

I don't want to be nitpicky but this show is really bad at the whole "staging a camera shot to make someone look really big" thing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SexyBlindfold posted:

I don't want to be nitpicky but this show is really bad at the whole "staging a camera shot to make someone look really big" thing

You don't need to when the dude is loving huge.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Well despite everything, GoT, you did NOT succeed in making me feel bad for Cersei Lannister.

All I could think of during her long walk of shame was "Hey everyone, it's that haughty Queen Mother who likes to laugh at the misfortune of everyone else! Let's all laugh at her! Smile! Wave at the people! Blow them kisses!"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man, can we just all talk about how terrible the Sand Snakes were? I expected 3 lady Oberyns. I instead got 3 bumbling assassin-wannabes, one who had a big crush on Bronn for no reason whatsoever. Except maybe his lovely singing voice.

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
it's flooding here, and my power went out, and i missed the five minute chunk between crazy chick drawing a bow on sansa and arya pouncing on meryn trant's face... did i miss anything good?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zombie Mountain looks way cooler in the books anyway.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011
Game of Thrones Season 5: Et tu, potato?

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
It was good of Stannis to make that sacrifice so the Boltons had an easier time decimating his army.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Zombie Mountain looks way cooler in the books anyway.

I did like the peek of bloated corpse eyes you could see through the helmet. Everything else was kinda dumb. Let's hope the 45th actor to take the mantle of the Mountain does a good job next season.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

So I guess that whole "who is my mother?" poo poo doesn't mean anything anymore.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Hexel posted:

As she was doing the walk of shame, which I admit was a powerful scene, I couldn't help but think "oh holky gently caress she's going to kill everything so unbelievably hard". Like a look a cat gives you, when it's dressed in a costume.

e: Carice Van Houten tweeted something about "Lena and her merkin" a while back. I get it now :aaaaa:

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 15, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Well despite everything, GoT, you did NOT succeed in making me feel bad for Cersei Lannister.

All I could think of during her long walk of shame was "Hey everyone, it's that haughty Queen Mother who likes to laugh at the misfortune of everyone else! Let's all laugh at her! Smile! Wave at the people! Blow them kisses!"

I'm with the guy who flashed his wang at her :dong:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

chinchilla posted:

it's flooding here, and my power went out, and i missed the five minute chunk between crazy chick drawing a bow on sansa and arya pouncing on meryn trant's face... did i miss anything good?

Theon tossed her off that balcony and it made a surprisingly good and realistic thud. Then he grabbed Sansa and the two of them bailed it over the wall.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jon snow is coming back as jon the white. Mel didn't show up there to convince Davos.
Stannis death was a bit disappointing. Didn't even see his corpse. Oh but I suppose everything about Stannis is disappointing
Arya scene was good
Dumb snake bitch adds nothing to the storyline and wasted screentime.

6.5/10

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Melisandre conveniently arrives back at the wall when Jon Snow is murdered. I wonder why.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

ProfessorBooty posted:

It was good of Stannis to make that sacrifice so the Boltons had an easier time decimating his army.

It was his hail mary play but no one told him ramsay the hero of light was defending the endzone

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Also pretty unsatisfying to have this epic boltons vs stannis showdown that we've been teased about since the finale of season 4 to ultimately fizzle out.

I hope Stannis isn't out yet, though, because Dillane makes him such a great character.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

...meow?

Very gooood.

ProfessorBooty posted:

Melisandre confirmed poo poo tier red priestess.

Unless this whole affair was meant for another purpose.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

chinchilla posted:

Theon made crazy chick go splat, chose to help Sansa escape, and they made a high jump off the battlements to an uncertain end (might as well gone splat too).

Trant was not only being a pedo but was hitting little girls with a cane at a brothel to get off, because why not. One girl didn't cry when beaten so he sent the others away. Then no-cry girl changed her face into Arya and pounced. That's it really.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SexyBlindfold posted:

Umm... that's Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson and he really is that unbelievably loving huge.

(Also, Lena Headey isn't exactly tall)

Also, hi TVIV. :unsmigghh:

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 15, 2015

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Did Theon and Sansa intentionally commit suicide or were they just dumb enough to think some snow would stop a 100 foot drop?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DutchDupe posted:

Melisandre conveniently arrives back at the wall when Jon Snow is murdered. I wonder why.

And Sam leaves to be a better advisor to Jon just as Davos comes too.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

It was his hail mary play but no one told him ramsay the hero of light was defending the endzone

Malcolm Bolton.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

feedmyleg posted:

Man, can we just all talk about how terrible the Sand Snakes were? I expected 3 lady Oberyns. I instead got 3 bumbling assassin-wannabes, one who had a big crush on Bronn for no reason whatsoever. Except maybe his lovely singing voice.

There are tons of reasons why ladies would crush on Bronn you dick

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Umm... that's Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson and he really is that unbelievably loving huge.

(Also, Lena Headey isn't exactly tall)

No I don't mean the actual height of the actor and/or character, I mean the director's attempt to convey "freakish height" through the choice of camera placement and-- oh, nevermind. Let's just look forward to the Mountain stepping on things.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Seph posted:

Did Theon and Sansa intentionally commit suicide or were they just dumb enough to think some snow would stop a 100 foot drop?

They totally Thelma and Louised it.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Seph posted:

They didn't really do a good job of showing that it wasn't just "some" snow, it's like a 30 foot pile.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

Dorne was just a loving waste of time. Nothing changed. The Sand Snakes wanted to kill some girl, somebody tries to stop them, they kill her anyway in a much more covert way than storming a place where the prince is constantly lounging. I liked the idea of the Sand Snakes going in but it turns out they're just a bunch of poo poo heads out for petty revenge.

At least we had Hardhome. Sweet, sweet Hardhome...

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Iron Tusk posted:

Of course she'll save Jon. Without him there's no real narrative connection to the story at the wall.

I got a better explanation for that!

Jon dies, "and so his watch has ended."

So when Melisandre resurrects him, he can go gently caress off south of the wall now!

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

...meow?

Very gooood.

SgtSteel91 posted:

And Sam leaves to be a better advisor to Jon just as Davos comes too.

A Jon Snow, Melisandre, Davos team excites my loins.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

...meow?

Very gooood.

Seph posted:

This show will never kill Sansa like that. It will be a lot more dramatic. They jumped into a snow bank, hence why they jumped in the first place.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

DutchDupe posted:

A Jon Snow, Melisandre, Davos team excites my loins.

Mine too, but I'm not sure how exactly Davos is gonna agree to pal around with Vaginamancer McChildsacrifice now that Stannis is gone.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Melisandre did nothing wrong.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

Mine too, but I'm not sure how exactly Davos is gonna agree to pal around with Vaginamancer McChildsacrifice now that Stannis is gone.

No one has to know they burned Shireen. Who's gonna tell, the mercenaries who ran to Essos?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SexyBlindfold posted:

Davos has no way of finding out Mel fricasseed his tutor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Holy gently caress pretty much every single part of that episode was unrepentantly awful

• Locked thread