Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Zwachro posted:

IIRC Mr. Mexico is the closest thing we have to one on here.
Anyway S08 play in a poo poo leage and I haven't seen any of their matches but our largest newspaper has given him an average score of 4,38 over 8 matches if that helps (scale goes to 10, and the best player so far has a score of 6,27).

Thanks, I checked out VGs ratings thing. It was very helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I love Londak but he's really really bad now and so is everyone else

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

everything is poo poo

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Next round of the cup has been determined! Exactly half the teams in the draw were from Tippeligaen, and none of them wound up meeting each other, prompting cries of 'fixed draw!' from places nobody (let alone the FBI) cares about.

Rosenborg - Tromsdalen
Molde - Kvik Halden
Odd - Åsane
Brann - Sarpsborg 08
Hønefoss - Sandefjord
Kristiansund - Viking
Mjøndalen - Hødd
Stabæk - Strømmen

Brann's draw might mean I actually end up watching a S08 match this year. :confused:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Zwachro posted:

Brann's draw might mean I actually end up watching a S08 match this year. :confused:

But at least it is some kind of Tippeliga football?

It will be around 20-22k at Ullevaal stadion tomorrow. I'm a bit excited really!

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Ah, balls!

Ohwell, RBK deserved that one. The mustachioed bastards they are...

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I thoroughly enjoy watching football. Helland still the best winger in the land.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Lurgy posted:

I thoroughly enjoy watching football. Helland still the best winger in the land.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
How is my team the Odds doing

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

puchu posted:

How is my team the Odds doing

They played a rather dull game and won 1-0. They're doing about as well as should be expected.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football: pretty good once again, on thin ice though.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Insurrectionist posted:

Football: pretty good once again, on thin ice though.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Football is poo poo. Even Brann is notching up some points.

At least I got some good pictures from yesterdays match against Rosenborg.

Vålerenga Fotball - Rosenborg BK 06.06.2015 by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Three points :getin:

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

azathosk posted:

Football is poo poo. Even Brann is notching up some points.

1 point from direct promotion :frogc00l:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
gently caress YES!

http://www.osloby.no/nyheter/Valerenga-far-gront-lys_-starter-stadionbygging-til-hosten-8052387.html

truls
Jan 6, 2003

We'll see.. we'll see.. There has been so much fuckery so far that it wont surprise me if there's suddenly more fuckery lurking somewhere.

But congrats.. looking forward to beating your asses at your new stadium in 2017!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Congratulations! Finnaly you can make a stadium more suited to the amount of people comming to the matches.

I was thinking something like this:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

truls posted:

We'll see.. we'll see.. There has been so much fuckery so far that it wont surprise me if there's suddenly more fuckery lurking somewhere.

But congrats.. looking forward to beating your asses at your new stadium in 2017!

I know. We still have Plan og bygg to think about.

And in 2017 we'll win the cup, not get knocked out during the first stages.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Hear spread rumours that the cornerstone will be set on the 29th of July. I really hope that's true, would be an awesome birthday present for the club.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We're jumpstarting the not-so-silly-mid-season-transfer-window-season by having Turkish wonderboy Demirci on trial, and he's got only months left on his contract with Besiktas so he might be a cheap deal.

...He's not a centre-back though. Søderlund better start practising his man-marking skills.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Lurgy posted:

We're jumpstarting the not-so-silly-mid-season-transfer-window-season by having Turkish wonderboy Demirci on trial, and he's got only months left on his contract with Besiktas so he might be a cheap deal.

...He's not a centre-back though. Søderlund better start practising his man-marking skills.

What you mean, not so silly? Brann is reported to have skipped out on getting much needed midfielders in the winter window because we're banking on getting Austin back this summer.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Brann is also looking at installing artificial turf.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Woop! Round 13 was kicked off by Odd and Start today. The match ended 3-3.

It will continue tomorrow with Molde - Vålerenga and Sandefjord - Lillestrøm. Could be two pretty nice games, if Vålerenga and Sandefjord decide to show up.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

euroboy posted:

I love Londak but he's really really bad now and so is everyone else

For some reason he's finally getting call-ups to the MNT. As is Alo Bärengrub.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Grimble posted:

They played a rather dull game and won 1-0. They're doing about as well as should be expected.

I have no idea how well they should be expected to do. I'm glad they're doing... something

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

puchu posted:

I have no idea how well they should be expected to do. I'm glad they're doing... something

They should be comfortably mid-table really. They don't have the money to really challenge for anything, yet they aren't poo poo enough to go down.

They've had a couple of good seasons finishing further up the table than expected, but that's down to it being a funny old game, and Frode Johnsen being a funny old striker.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
A point is a point! Not too shabby!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
My thanks to Molde and VIF for not winning today.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
Lol, Brann. At it again.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

hhhmmm posted:

Lol, Brann. At it again.
:suicide:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rip euroboy's boys

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We're heading to the Faroe Islands!

Norwegian fixtures in the first round of EL qualifiers:
Rosenborg - Vikingur (Cork or Reykjavik in the second round)
Strømsgodset - Partizani (Mlada Boleslav)
Odd - Sheriff (Progres Niederkorn or Sligo Rovers)

Molde will meet the winner of SS Folgore - Pyunik in the 2nd round CL qualifiers.

I'm enjoying these EL qualifiers. With the regional grouping we get regular trips to the island nations in the west.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Brann starting today with 50 year old goalkeeper coach Dan Riisnes on the bench :lol:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Lurgy posted:

We're heading to the Faroe Islands!

Norwegian fixtures in the first round of EL qualifiers:
Rosenborg - Vikingur (Cork or Reykjavik in the second round)
Strømsgodset - Partizani (Mlada Boleslav)
Odd - Sheriff (Progres Niederkorn or Sligo Rovers)

Molde will meet the winner of SS Folgore - Pyunik in the 2nd round CL qualifiers.

I'm enjoying these EL qualifiers. With the regional grouping we get regular trips to the island nations in the west.

The EL-qualification is the best qualification. You may actually win a match in Europe and you can visit some rather interesting places. Viikingur beat Tromsø IL last year.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Would like more scoring on chances and less giving away amazing counter-attack opportunities.

At least nobody can claim this is a boring game.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is a poo poo trash sport for garbagemen like Mos who can't loving kick a ball in the net even though theyre paid to do so

E: I'm pretty sure he's missed at LEAST 6 enormous chances today including one-on-one with the keeper and three or four chances to poke it in from 5 yards out

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

God damnit, score some more goals already.

Deshorn needs to focus.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
For those interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byPeYNargeM
A vid made as an exam by some people on NTNU. RBK Seasonstart. Not badly made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

:suicide:

Wake the gently caress up and score another goal you wasteful fucks

• Locked thread