Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Pattonesque posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

Holiday 2016

I'm not a fan of the new armour design at all, black/red is a way overused colour scheme in games and products aimed at young men in general now days, I see it everywhere, especially gaming peripherals like headphones and such. It reminds me of the gaudy over-styled look to the Spartan armour in Halo 4/5.

I also don't like this trend in game trailers of combat being depicted like a superhero movie, it's too exaggerated and floaty. I much prefer a tactical and grounded style of combat, like how Mass Effect was originally presented back in 2007. The protagonist leaping into the air to pound down on some enemies is a painfully generic game trailer cliche, I wish they would stop using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Calling it now, jetpacks are going to be the Mako thrusters of ME4 i.e. embarrasingly weak, enough to only get you a short little hop, and only fun when you mod them to be ridiculously overpowered.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

They should have just cut to the title after he walked into the screen.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Do the Elcor have a representative on the Council yet?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Pattonesque posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

Holiday 2016

Goddammit, they've gone and spent their entire budget licensing a Johnny Cash song. This is going to be Oblivion all over again, isn't it? That was fun "Oh, they've got Patrick mother-loving Stewart to play the emperor, this is going to be AWESOME!"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

DarkHorse posted:

Calling it now, jetpacks are going to be the Mako thrusters of ME4 i.e. embarrasingly weak, enough to only get you a short little hop, and only fun when you mod them to be ridiculously overpowered.

If it gives this series the long awaited jump button, I'll be happy either way. Hovering in a shooter usually just leaves you a moving target, but a quick hop or even some grounded boosts would add new options to fights.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

Goddammit, they've gone and spent their entire budget licensing a Johnny Cash song. This is going to be Oblivion all over again, isn't it? That was fun "Oh, they've got Patrick mother-loving Stewart to play the emperor, this is going to be AWESOME!"

gently caress me. Johnny Cash made that trailer 200% better and it is the Only Actual Good poo poo so far. But then again Cash makes anything badass so

And perhaps finally this thread may have some peace with lots of speculation for a different game :v:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mymla posted:

Bet they're gonna go for some sort of open world thing like they did in DA3 which is just a horrible slog that the game would've been better off without.

Their emphasis on "exploration" makes me think this is exactly what they're going for. Beautiful and boring, and the inability to progress the story without asking yourself aloud, "Is this what I'm doing with my life?"

But as long as I'm able to kill off my love interest again I'll be happy.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I think people are reading waaaaaay too much into the jump-jet pack thing. I mean, it looked really, realllllly familiar

Which is a good thing, really. :getin:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I want new armor and weapon designs, didn't like that it was the same poo poo :colbert:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Well, this new concept is nice I think

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Woman MC is getting thinner and thinner every game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hmm I can dig that helmet actually

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope this game has tons of lore. I like lore :3:

edit: I really hope this kickstarts the franchise again. I want to see new comics, novels, toys, etc etc. :neckbeard:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hedrigall posted:

edit: I really hope this kickstarts the franchise again. I want to see new comics, novels, toys, etc etc. :neckbeard:

I love the drat product.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Bioware is doing a retcon while not doing a retcon posted:

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy.

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

"long after" and "far away from" is pretty much "ok best to start again elsewhere" while moving as quickly as possible from the events of 3.

It may end up with lots of "well that milky way place sure ended up like something heh" *wink wink nudge nudge* like Dragon Age: Inquisition but, what the hell, I can work with that

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
"You will play a human."
gently caress sake.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Transmetropolitan posted:

Well, this new concept is nice I think

obviously travel to another galaxy has warped the hu-mon feemaaaale physiology so much that she cannot help but stand as if she has scoliosis

Mymla posted:

"You will play a human."
gently caress sake.

good

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lotta complaining in this thread about a trailer for a game that we all love.

I say we keep this thread alive until people can get excited cuz you whiners suck.

I hope we fight more reapers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
gently caress motherfucking reapers

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

gently caress motherfucking reapers

Emptyquoting this forever. This new game doesn't need any loving reapers please

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Jojm kjj I 78uno h mo pbmkkk ink jjjj
Mmmmoi nmjv n mmjn m

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Jojm kjj I 78uno h mo pbmkkk ink jjjj
Mmmmoi nmjv n mmjn m

Gonna have to agree.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
No reapers and no mention of "canon endings", and I'll be happy.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

"An uncharted world. Better get my gun ready right now"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh yeah, I hope they have some mention of how Robert Shepard saved the universe from the Reaper threat by destroying them using the crucible. We are in andromeda looking for a few reapers that got away.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I'm imagining scenarios.

So a whole bunch of colony ships went to Andromeda (to escape the Reapers or whatever) and have settled around using conventional FTL and coldsleep, spreading out all over. You are now coming along behind them to lay down the Mass Relay rail road to the west coast.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm glad the main character is a human. Easier to immerse myself in dat interspecies romance :3:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hedrigall posted:

I'm glad the main character is a human. Easier to immerse myself in dat interspecies romance :3:

Awwwwww yea

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

I wish for as little extraneous content as possible.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

mossyfisk posted:

I'm imagining scenarios.

So a whole bunch of colony ships went to Andromeda (to escape the Reapers or whatever) and have settled around using conventional FTL and coldsleep, spreading out all over. You are now coming along behind them to lay down the Mass Relay rail road to the west coast.

Certainly would gel with the whole "frontier" vibe the announce trailer was sporting. Most likely the colonists will run into a thus far undiscovered race in the process and have some sort of first contact war scenario.

But the main thing is I get to toss blue poo poo and lay the pipe to some mostly humanoid alien strange, aww yiss.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
I just bought The Long Dark and I laughed out loud at the fact that the first (and only) words of dialogue so far have been Jen Hale doing ME2 upgrade acquisition quotes

e: hahah the very next game that I started on my Steam Sale splurge was Bioshock Infinite and literally the first voice you hear, welp

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 16, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hedrigall posted:

I want a gay romance with a Hanar.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's going to take a lot to convince me to give a poo poo after 3. Something tells me Mac Walters and his collection of douchey hats are still involved, not a good sign.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tirranek posted:

"An uncharted world. Better get my gun ready right now"

That was dumb

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I better be able to gently caress a krogan.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Trailer looked like poo poo and there's nothing Mass Effect about it beyond the Omni-blade.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I hope you get a mini reaper as a pet if you went for the green or blue ending in ME3.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lycus posted:

No reapers and no mention of "canon endings", and I'll be happy.

You're getting your wish, and the result will be the most generic focus-grouped Halo clone beyond your wildest dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

I hope you get a mini reaper as a pet if you went for the green or blue ending in ME3.
And Joker's sentient hat as a romance option.

• Locked thread