Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Day Two: The Day For Cute Gamers

Tuesday, June 16th

Nintendo E3 Digital Event 2015 (9 AM PDT/12 PM EST)
Stream: http://e3.nintendo.com

If you are not cute get out. It's time for yarn, it's time for clay, it's time for talking animals, and little robots. The only Nintendo game expected for this holiday is Star Fox, so this Event is supposed to fill in the gaps between this fall and 2016. We haven't really heard anything about Star Fox though, will it even stay in 2015? Nintendo makes a shitload of money off of Amiibos, so there'll be lots of Amiibo talk. Nobody wants to hear your armchair finance bullshit about Nintendo being doomed, just shut up.

Video provided by Infinitum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RQ6-nJu20

Square Enix (10 AM PDT/1 PM EST)
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/SquareEnixPresents

Square Enix saw that Bethesda was going to crash E3 and said, hey hey hold up. Can't have a fuckup party without us. Square has a lot of hats, like Hitman, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Just Cause 3. But this is also the same company that makes Kingdom Hearts, the game series whose comprehensibility is directly proportional to your level of social disorders. The company that charges $20 for games on iOS. The company that made Final Fantasy 13. Don't forget they're rebooting GEX THE GECKO!!!

Nintendo Treehouse Live (10 AM PDT/1 PM EST)
Stream: http://e3.nintendo.com

Before you panic at the overlapping schedule, Treehouse Live is an all-day affair, and will also be running all day Wednesday and Thursday. It is Nintendo's chill as gently caress live gameplay show where just about every title announced gets tons of hands-on demonstration from actual normal looking and sounding people. Like the opposite of that Tony Shaloub-looking guy shilling Black Ops III. Sometimes there are small announcements and Nintendo icons like Miyamoto & Reggie stop by.

PC Gamer Presents: The PC Gaming Show (5 PM PDT/8 PM ET)
Host: Sean 'Day[9]' Plott (??)
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer

PC gaming, the world's leading exporter of Minecraft knockoffs and IndieGoGo projects, takes the stage at E3 to reveal all the indie games that Devolver will eventually port to PS4. It's a TWO HOUR EVENT. Will there be trailers for graphics cards? It'll be hard to demonstrate AAA video games since all E3 demos of AAA video games already run on PCs to begin with. Maybe they'll talk about tweaks and benchmarks!!! Will Star Citizen show up to talk about the new $5000 ship they're gonna sell you? Is this the year we finally get Ricochet 2?

Get psyched

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So do we know for sure any of what Squeenix will/will not be showing tonight?

Is there a chance of KH3 actually getting some details?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm afraid Reggie may never Smash again. It's for his own good.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Time to get cute and have fun

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also if you have a Wii U you should try the RIVE demo that got put up this week because it's pretty fun!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Time to be cute fabulous

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
the pc show is actually 3 hours long???

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So Nintendo's conference is probably less than an hour right? It'd be weird if it overlapped with the SE one

I guess they can afford to make it shorter since they don't have to hold for applause constantly and spend 15 minutes talking to Pele

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Guess I'm staying awake til 5 AM tomorrow morning, too.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
everybody should get to talk to pele

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Help Im Alive posted:

So Nintendo's conference is probably less than an hour right? It'd be weird if it overlapped with the SE one

I guess they can afford to make it shorter since they don't have to hold for applause constantly and spend 15 minutes talking to Pele

They can spend 15 minutes talking to the Pele of video games instead

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Reggie is so loving bad at Smash, holy poo poo.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Nintendo is the only thing I care about because they won't announce a bunch of PC games and DLC plans before a game is even released.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

inSTAALed posted:

the pc show is actually 3 hours long???
It's actually been shortened to two hours, I'll fix it now. It was originally going to run three hours but I guess they wised up. Still these things run over-time anyway.

I'll also mention that Treehouse Live will follow Nintendo's show and usually there are additional announcements as well as hours of live gameplay, so you can watch that inbetween Square Enix and PC Gaming Show.

I can't wait for the new Ace Attorney to not be announced for the US :negative:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's actually been shortened to two hours, I'll fix it now. It was originally going to run three hours but I guess they wised up. Still these things run over-time anyway.

What in the hell are they planning to show?!

E: Who's even running it?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are Valve involved in the PC Gaming show at all?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gotta spend time going over all the ports Sony and Microsoft will be bringing to PC.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

E: Who's even running it?
These are the participants:

quote:

AMD, ARENANET, BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE, CCP GAMES, CLIFF BLESZINSKI, CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES, CREATIVE ASSEMBLY, DEAN HALL, DEVOLVER, FRICTIONAL GAMES, FULLBRIGHT, NEXON, PARADOX INTERACTIVE, PIXEL TITANS, SCS SOFTWARE, SPLASH DAMAGE, SQUARE ENIX, TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE, XBOX

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
"pc gaming show" is so vague it could be LITERALLY ANYTHING

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Steve2911 posted:

They have several hundred platform exclusives to choose from.... but I'm guessing a lot of arena shooters and mobas

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm so ready for whatever is going to happen with Diddy Kong, holy poo poo.

The elephant is the room is: Is Gaben going to be there?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But how will John Romero make me his bitch if he isn't there? :confused:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

inSTAALed posted:

"pc gaming show" is so vague it could be LITERALLY ANYTHING

Anything except HL3.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im guessing the new warhammer total war game will be there. i also guess it's too much to hope that blizzard make a new warcraft rts, but i will still wish for it

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Gravy Jones posted:

They have several hundred platform exclusives to choose from.... but I'm guessing a lot of arena shooters and mobas

Oh boy exciting

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adviaRAxJ5s

Gonna blast this all day

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
If they show off even just one MOBA at the PC Gaming conference I'll buy a PS4 instead of upgrading my video card purely out of spite.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe PC gaming conference is politically correct gaming conference, all non violent puzzle rpgs with strong female protagonists of color.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

So do we know for sure any of what Squeenix will/will not be showing tonight?

Is there a chance of KH3 actually getting some details?

I think they said during the PS thing that Hitman is coming out this year so probably some actual gameplay from that.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

stay fresh

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

spasticColon posted:

If they show off even just one MOBA at the PC Gaming conference I'll buy a PS4 instead of upgrading my video card purely out of spite.

Given Blizzard are one of the participants, it sounds like it's time for you to join the dark side.

greatn posted:

Maybe PC gaming conference is politically correct gaming conference, all non violent puzzle rpgs with strong female protagonists of color.

... and Rainbow 6 Seige.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also I feel like it keeps being forgotten but i want to remind people that microsoft is bringing steam early access to consoles in case you want to say they did anything good yesterday

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Did...did yesterday actually happen?

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Also I feel like it keeps being forgotten but i want to remind people that microsoft is bringing steam early access to consoles in case you want to say they did anything good yesterday

How is Early Access a good thing?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Saint Freak posted:

Did...did yesterday actually happen?

I kind of missed yesterday, what were the highlights? Shenmue Kickstarter (they literally announced a Kickstarter on stage?), Final Fantasy 7 remake, The Last Guardian (it's totes coming out guys!) are the ones I heard of.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Steam is bringing Steam early access to my TV already so I'll pass

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Flying Milton posted:

How is Early Access a good thing?
You might have read my post incorrectly because I am saying it is a bad thing

Anything good they might have done, I will just say "Early Access" and negate it

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Anything good they might have done, I will just say "Early Access" and negate it

If they hadn't of announced it we wouldn't have been able to laugh at that guy's accent

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I kind of missed yesterday, what were the highlights? Shenmue Kickstarter (they literally announced a Kickstarter on stage?), Final Fantasy 7 remake, The Last Guardian (it's totes coming out guys!) are the ones I heard of.

Microsoft: Microsoft are terrible because their conference was all about old games
Sony: Sony are awesome because their conference was all about old games

Also Microsoft are the Tomb Raider company and Sony are the Call of Duty Company. The only new IPs anyone has involve women fighting robots in some kind of post-post-apocolyptic future and Sony's looks better.

No one really cares that much about VR.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The Uncharted 4 demo was very much a live thing because it completely messed up and they had to restart it. The opening cutscene played and then there was some kind of controller issue because Nathan Drake just kind of stood there not doing anything and they had to completely restart the demo.

• Locked thread