Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best shape of his life?
Yes
No
These guys work out at least 300 days a year, what a ridiculous question
Tom Brady did nothing wrong
View Results

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ross Angeles posted:

Eric Weddle just lit the Chargers the gently caress up.

I'm on my phone but I'll post the quotes later.

????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

quote:

“Contrary to what has recently been said by upper management, there has never been any financial numbers discussed and the Chargers have never put an offer on the table for us to consider,” Weddle said as part of the statement. “It is obvious to me I am not part of this organization’s long-term plans. The NFL is a business, and I can accept that. I just wish the organization had been upfront with me from day one.

“That said, I have been working my tail off to prepare for the upcoming season, and I feel amazing. I am extremely excited about re-joining my teammates today and getting back to the practice field and working to bring a Super Bowl trophy to San Diego.

“From a contract standpoint, if we do not agree to a multi-year extension before training camp, I have instructed my agent to not speak to the Chargers again. I will give this team everything I have this year and head to free agency in 2016. This will be the one and only time I will discuss my contract, and I look forward to focusing on football.”

Weddle was momentarily emotional as he spoke about his future. But when he concluded his statement, he appeared relieved, as if getting the truth off his chest had been therapeutic.

“I’m past emotions,” he said. “Early on, I was (emotional). But it can happen to anyone. Right now, it’s my last year (with the Chargers). I’m going to make the most of it … I’m really fine with it. It hurt early on, but it’s a business. You never think it will happen to you, but it is. I have to make the most it, enjoy my teammates.

“I’ve said my side, they’ve obviously stated theirs. I’m here to have the best season ever for a safety and move on from there.”

I assume this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Weddle owns gently caress the Chargers.

He's gonna be really mad when they franchise him though

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

Weddle owns gently caress the Chargers.

He's gonna be really mad when they franchise him though

code:
Position	2015	2014	2013	2012
Safety	$9,618,000	$8,433,000	$6,916,000	$6,200,000
Will he?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

waah posted:

EJ is all set up to become Willie Beaman.

pretty sure Tyrod is far more Willie Beamen-esque than EJ loving Manuel ever will be

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

code:
Will he?

Everyone is mad when they get franchised

I mean, this is predicated on getting a deal done with Rivers soon because they don't want to slap the tag on a QB because that'll be a billion dollars

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Today in traffic I saw a car with a Fireman Ed helmet and a thing of Copenhagen chew in the rear window and I said "Dang, that's pretty fitting!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dolphins ota notes

- tannehill looks better than last year and is hitting deep shots and seem passes much more consistently

- OG is really unsettled and different dudes are getting first team looks all the time

- 2014 6th rounder matt hazel is impressing the coaches and beat guys as he gets time with the starters while parker and stills are out

- tony lippett who played wr and cb at sparty is playing really well so far

- jordan cameron is going to be good until his brain falls out of his head

- everyone is in the best shape of their lives

- hail satan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

dolphins ota notes

- tannehill looks better than last year and is hitting deep shots and seem passes much more consistently

- OG is really unsettled and different dudes are getting first team looks all the time

- 2014 6th rounder matt hazel is impressing the coaches and beat guys as he gets time with the starters while parker and stills are out

- tony lippett who played wr and cb at sparty is playing really well so far

- hail satan

Do you think they'll do bad and rally to 8-8, or fo good and implode to 8-8

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

code:
Will he?

Weddle will be 31 as a free agent next year and could probably get at least $5m/y deal with first year money close to his franchise tag. A new deal is always better than the franchise tag.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Do you think they'll do bad and rally to 8-8, or fo good and implode to 8-8

do bad and rally to 8-8 to save joe philmans job

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:puckout:

quote:

Carolina Panthers
‏@Panthers
Rivera says if he had to pick a standout from OTAs it would be WR Stephen Hill. Also likes what OL Jonathan Martin has done in practice.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I bet he likes Bernie's chances as well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

interesting coaching strategy

talk up your worst players to try and build their confidence

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

do bad and rally to 8-8 to save joe philmans job

The Norv strategy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If there's a receiver equivalent to Jon martin it really might be Stephen hill

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Martin probably didn't literally poo poo all over himself so of course he's impressing and exceeding expectations

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

:puckout:

quote:

Carolina Panthers
‏@Panthers
Rivera says if he had to pick a standout from OTAs it would be WR Armanti Edwards Also likes what OL Jonathan Martin has done in practice.

You know he might as well said this instead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You know he might as well said this instead.
[/quote]

Armanti was even less qualified to play in the nfl.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ozu posted:

John Moffitt is un-retiring, who I guess hasn't really done much since the last time he played.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/sports/football/john-moffitt-rides-rocky-transition-to-life-after-the-nfl.html

And here I thought he was going to fulfill his life's dream of publicly urinating in all 50 states

E: Real talk if he's on the wagon and can still play I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle gave him a camp invite. They were pretty gracious to him the last time out even after he got traded.

Nov 6, 2002

Johnny Manziel is retiring.

the money sign

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

His swag was his best attribute and they've destroyed that.

Nov 6, 2002

In the near future, that headline will be quite real.

quote:

“You see Colt McCoy do some great things today, Kirk Cousins did some good things yesterday. Both of them are making their case known, both of them, like I said before, have had a taste of a starting quarterback job in the NFL and they both want it back real bad. They’re doing an excellent job of competing every day. It’s killing them on the inside, I know, that they’re competing for the backup job right now, but they are doing an excellent job and you can see them all progressing at a good rate,” Gruden said.

Read between the lines. RG3 on the shortest leash since Brian Hoyer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dennis Pitta's hips are still shot and he hasn't been cleared to practice:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...0616-story.html

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Vince Wilfork is one of the patriots I will always love

Also please don't have horrible skeletons in your closet

He's not a Patriot. :colbert:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

NC-17 posted:

Johnny Manziel is retiring.

the money sign

He's still gonna have to deal with the entire opposing roster doing it every time he embarrasses himself for the rest of his life.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chichevache posted:

He's not a Patriot. :colbert:

He's a southern patriot cargo culter :(

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Tom House was at Bengals practice a few weeks ago and for the first time in camp history, people are saying Dalton's deep ball looks good. There must be a correlation. House is a genius as a real person and a fictional character played by Hugh Laurie.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannehill and Dalton are the new brady and Peyton - OTAs

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
- also everyone else this year, they are cool guys and v good qbs

but i bet tannehill is the better snl host

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kalli posted:

Dennis Pitta's hips are still shot and he hasn't been cleared to practice:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...0616-story.html

gonna miss the dude

oh well at least the ravens drafted maxx

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Sour Diesel posted:

gonna miss the dude

oh well at least the ravens drafted maxx

I'm interested to see how Maxx pans out. I'm not very high on him but I think he was ok value where he was taken.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ehud posted:

- hail satan

This made me laugh really hard

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@jjones9 7m7 minutes ago
Panthers and Dolphins will hold joint practices Aug. 19-20 at Wofford before their exhibition

omg is this open to the public

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

@jjones9 7m7 minutes ago
Panthers and Dolphins will hold joint practices Aug. 19-20 at Wofford before their exhibition

omg is this open to the public

Wofford is pretty cool to watch practice. I might drive up for that.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Supposedly Breshad Perriman has looked pretty good in practice and has had a minimum number of drops (outside of a couple tough ones he's had solid hands) so maybe this fella will pan out

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 18, 2015

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Supposedly every player in the league is amazing in OTAs. Except Geno Smith. He still sucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

Supposedly every player in the league is amazing in OTAs. Except Geno Smith. He still sucks.

can't want for the brandon marshall murder/suicide with geno smith

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

*literally kills Geno*
*blames it on a McDonald's wrapper*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

EJ Manuel has been good today, Matt Cassel has been bad again. No word on Tyrod.

Matt Cassel sucks and it's amazing what one bout of competence with a historically great supporting offensive cast will do for your career. Cassel's floor isn't really higher than EJ's or Tyrod's, but he'll never be cut because of his Veteran Presence. All the while, he stills hangs out with his white Patriots bros at the Kentucky Derby and probably has a lot of Guster on his iPhone.

Help I'm turning into the Parm for Matt Cassel's Alex Smith.

• Locked thread