Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Ship Art Devblog.

The new Dominix everyone has seen is looking fine, but check out the Thrasher variants and that awesome new Stiletto concept.

I am so loving excited to see pretty new spaceship models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

In Burn Amarr news: So far there has been 3 billion spent on reimbursements, and the speed of catalyst suicide has reached a rate which surpasses my ability to poopsock payments.

Thanks for the heads up, knowing me I woulda put off all of these until the last minute and lost interest. Thanks for the free money!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalael posted:

How much is a fully fitted catalyst used for this event?

Base reimbursement price is 10m, plus waffe bonus if applicable.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Nietzschean posted:

In Burn Amarr news: So far there has been 3 billion spent on reimbursements, and the speed of catalyst suicide has reached a rate which surpasses my ability to poopsock payments.

Aren't the catalysts being handed out? Why not just wait until Monday to pay out reimbursements as a lump sum?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DARPA posted:

Aren't the catalysts being handed out? Why not just wait until Monday to pay out reimbursements as a lump sum?

Because that is not the way we do it. I don't set policy, I push button.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Ship Art Devblog.

The new Dominix everyone has seen is looking fine, but check out the Thrasher variants and that awesome new Stiletto concept.

I am so loving excited to see pretty new spaceship models.

The new Dominix is finally coming? It's about time.

The new Minmatar-designs are looking good, too.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nietzschean posted:

Maybe it's to weed out the lazy people in the new batch of reimbursers :v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

making the domis into giant vexors makes sense thematically, but its artistically boring

the stiletto/probe/thrasher redesigns look cool tho

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

The tears in amarr local are great

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

darthzeta88 posted:

Tesla coil I believe increases voltage via using a larger object as an antenna than the original antenna to create a bigger antenna. In history lore Tesla already made this possible but blew up Colorado's powergrid. So not magic.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gwrtheyrn posted:

Maybe it's to weed out the lazy people in the new batch of reimbursers :v:

I did my part for a couple hours. Off to go ride bikes and let someone else tackle the backlog that's too big for me to poopsock. :v:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nietzschean posted:

Bureaucrazy at its finest.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

darthzeta88 posted:

Tesla coil I believe increases voltage via using a larger object as an antenna than the original antenna to create a bigger antenna. In history lore Tesla already made this possible but blew up Colorado's powergrid. So not magic.

I see you've been reading The Oatmeal.

HELLFISH88
Jun 14, 2015

Kuvo posted:

making the domis into giant vexors makes sense thematically, but its artistically boring

the stiletto/probe/thrasher redesigns look cool tho

I really want to fly a sin now though...

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Kuvo posted:

That's true, but despite the fact they could've done better, I certainly won't miss the Spase Potato.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Nietzschean posted:

Base reimbursement price is 10m, plus waffe bonus if applicable.

I figured if I asked if waffe double reimbursement applied to burn amarr I'd be told to gently caress off. Welp.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Shadin posted:

That's true, but despite the fact they could've done better, I certainly won't miss the Spase Potato.

I love my space potato, but the new model looks really good. :swoon:

I don't care for the new Thrasher designs. Too boxy for my tastes

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsed posted:

I figured if I asked if waffe double reimbursement applied to burn amarr I'd be told to gently caress off. Welp.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

HELLFISH88 posted:

I really want to fly a sin now though...

..until you realize everything dies before you can lock it. My god the base scan resolution on that ship is balls.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

..until you realize everything dies before you can lock it. My god the base scan resolution on that ship is balls.

No but I can kick my drones out and assign them to a random panther before he finishes locking.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Xolve posted:

That's what drone assist is for.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rhymenoserous posted:

No but I can kick my drones out and assign them to a random panther before he finishes locking.

I like being the Panther though, and occasionally the Widow.

Year of the Ishtar made using sentries feel dirty (even though I used them on countless slowcat fleets). It just got to the point where I actually missed firing guns.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 19, 2015

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

darthzeta88 posted:

Increasing voltage is an easy feat. Power output however remains the same (Minus losses) by reducing the amperage.

Power = Voltage * Amperage

No magical variables there.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the time it took for my wife and I to take our puppy on a walk, another 3 biskies have been shoved @ ur toonies, o7 m8s keep up the good work

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Nietzschean posted:

In the time it took for my wife and I to take our puppy on a walk, another 3 biskies have been shoved @ ur toonies, o7 m8s keep up the good work

For all the lost dessies.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

bah the stiletto redesign has the wings all folded down, that's stupid, i liked the four-wing design :qq:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The new Hecate reveal video is literally the best because now, more than ever, can we call the Gallente the space French.

That was seriously a nice touch.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Logged in for the first time in ages. Why does my Sleipnir look like a hurricane? :colbert:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Emnity posted:

Logged in for the first time in ages. Why does my Sleipnir look like a hurricane? :colbert:

They changed it when they rebalanced the CSes. NH now uses a Drake hull, Eos uses a Myrm hull, Abso uses a Harby hull.

Makes sense really.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Space train OP

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Glory of Arioch posted:

bah the stiletto redesign has the wings all folded down, that's stupid, i liked the four-wing design :qq:

On the other hand, if that's the travel position, and you get to lock S-foils in attack position upon landing, :getin:

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Well, at least the servers started working to a greater extent as the day went on, although at this stage if I have to tell someone to read the motd to find out how to get their catalysts one more time I may just :suicide:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
EVE ships are generally so well done, part of me wishes you could do a picture-in-picture of your ship, and that everything had 10x the hull hit points so you could watch it slowly burn and disintegrate. Likewise for your targets. I know the practical realities of rendering that many objects from that many angles makes this currently impractical, but I can dream damnit.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

ullerrm posted:

They changed it when they rebalanced the CSes. NH now uses a Drake hull, Eos uses a Myrm hull, Abso uses a Harby hull.

Makes sense really.

I try never to zoom in on MY SLEIPNIR since I hate the hurricane model.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Sent a message to " newbies@goonfleet.com" please help.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ohsosad posted:

Sent a message to " newbies@goonfleet.com" please help.

It's Friday night go do something

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

vyst posted:

"Trying to play Eve" doesn't count.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Australian so forgive me.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

vyst posted:

Some of us already had our weight watchers meeting earlier in the week. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Man I wish I could log in for Burn Amarr :( I don't think I can swing it on a 2G connection though.

• Locked thread