Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I got the 'delux' or whatever the season pass included version is and I don't regret it. It's not a smart buy, I 100% acknowledge and respect that, but I liked all the other Arkham games (Origins was by far the worst and it mainly got a 'meh' reaction from me) so I know at the very least I won't have any problem going back to check out the DLC. Batwoman seems like a fun one, Batmobile racing seems like the only actual fun thing to do in the Batmobile (god knows the combat looks boring as hell) so racing vintage batcars around seems like a fun thing, the rest are just kinda normal 'yep this is Arkham DLC alright'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Never buy season passes beforehand. Never.

Almost every single time the following will happen:

A) You won't like the game.
B) The season pass content won't be out for months after the game is out.
C) In the case of B, the season pass itself will go on sale at some point before the content is out.
D) The season pass content will be lovely or not worth the money.
E) Some of the season pass content will be good but it will be cheaper to buy just the good content instead of all the content.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
The six month's worth of content being promised also times nicely with the Steam Christmas sale.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only season pass I ever bought sight unseen was for Shadows of Mordor, and I beat and uninstalled the game, never to be played again before the DLC was released. I had fun with the main game, but lesson learned.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm a big fag for skins and stuff, and the season pass was free w/ the gmg promo, and hell, I love Batman and I want to suck his dick and gently caress Catwoman's big rear end.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That's basically my train of thought 24/7 so that explains it for me.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Have we seen much of actual levels in the game? I loved the first Arkham game, didn't really enjoy the open world of the second one at all, but liked the actual levels themselves, and I assume those levels are still in here... but every preview I've seen only showcases the open world. In making a larger more involved open world did they wind up going more of a GTA route where all the missions take place in the city itself? Kind of kills my interest if so.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
...There weren't levels in any of the previous games. It was open world with entry into closed spaces like buildings having a brief load screen transition. In this one, they've made that (they claim) seamless, so you just transition freely into buildings like it's a part of the normal world.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

G-Prime posted:

...There weren't levels in any of the previous games. It was open world with entry into closed spaces like buildings having a brief load screen transition. In this one, they've made that (they claim) seamless, so you just transition freely into buildings like it's a part of the normal world.

I mean Arkham Asylum had the outdoor metriod or zelda style overworld, but when you would enter a specific building it would play out as a level/dungeon. In the second one the overworld became an open world, but they still had their "dungeons." I just want to know if we've still got the well designed elaborate "dungeons" or if it's GTA open world all the time now.

I haven't seen anything from Arkham Knight that isn't either in the open world city, or in a single room within a building. I need my "dungeons."

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 21, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I would normally agree with you, but the GMG 40% off Premium edition sale was too good to pass up. No regrats.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Ok Goons, advice time, I spent the last day and a half replaying all the way through Asylum, City, and Harley's Revenge. Do I push myself against time constraints to try and plow through Origins and maybe Cold, Cold Heart before Monday night, or do I say screw it, Origins was ok, but not worth the time crunch rush?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Ok Goons, advice time, I spent the last day and a half replaying all the way through Asylum, City, and Harley's Revenge. Do I push myself against time constraints to try and plow through Origins and maybe Cold, Cold Heart before Monday night, or do I say screw it, Origins was ok, but not worth the time crunch rush?

I'd give yourself a break because you're gonna be burned out as hell at this rate.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I find the joker hilariously overused.

That said, I loved how Batman Beyond turned him into this great icon for street gangs and gotham lore.

Even his "return" is really drat great, and one of the best grimdark batman stories.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
By the way everyone, Arkham Asylum, still great, still love it, give it a replay sometime when you have free time.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

All the leaks kinda bum me out a bit. I'll say this, I won't buy a season pass but I'd die for a Batman Beyond dlc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheManSeries posted:

All the leaks kinda bum me out a bit. I'll say this, I won't buy a season pass but I'd die for a Batman Beyond dlc.

yeah, I was kinda hoping the 4chan leaks were real. Oh well, game still looks pretty good.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
sad its not gordon in robot suit

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reason posted:

sad its not gordon in robot suit

I am sad its not a bruce clone commanded by waller or Ra's al Ghul or just some random dude. Jason just seemed on the nose to be him, it just seems kinda lazy but then again the context might be pretty good. who knows.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any leaks mention the new gadgets?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I found this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RatHat posted:

Any leaks mention the new gadgets?

Especially that 'remote hacker' thing they showed off recently that lets you set off traps and poo poo. I wanna know if that's a legit thing or just a situational one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Yeah, he's dead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, he's dead.

He threw him into a pile of garbage bags, duh.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Especially that 'remote hacker' thing they showed off recently that lets you set off traps and poo poo. I wanna know if that's a legit thing or just a situational one.

It's situational in that it's like Predator Room things. Like in the part I saw where a bank was being robbed you could use it to set off the paint things in the bags to gently caress with them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ohhhh so that's what next-gen consoles are for.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Aquasnake posted:

Probably would have been better to play the game you hadn't played before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

Ohhhh so that's what next-gen consoles are for.

Worth it

Eddain
May 6, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

He threw him into a pile of garbage bags, duh.

Garbage bags full of dirty needles. Batman has probably killed more people than the villains he fights.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

This is so Keaton Batman, I love it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, he's dead.

They're just sleeping.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:eyepop:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

IF AMAZON DOSENT GET THIS TO ME ON TUESDAY IM GONNA FLIP A TABLE OVER ALSO IT SEEMS THAT JASON TODD IS THE ARKHAM KNIGHT OR SOMETHING I DUNNO

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Stupid question, but do you guys think the Batman Limited Edition console is going to be worth something in a few years? I mean, it's not like I'd buy it only for it's resale value but my boyfriend mentioned that some of these LE's can fetch an insane price on ebay a few years down the line.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

McCloud posted:

Stupid question, but do you guys think the Batman Limited Edition console is going to be worth something in a few years? I mean, it's not like I'd buy it only for it's resale value but my boyfriend mentioned that some of these LE's can fetch an insane price on ebay a few years down the line.

Lol no

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah videogame LEs are always made of the cheapest poo poo they can get away with and are printed in the hundreds of thousands, they'll never be worth anything.

EDIT: I've been hearing from friends the only part of this game that doesn't measure up might be the Batmobile itself. Any truth to this?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 21, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

McCloud posted:

Yes. I am a millionaire limited edition console speculator.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I could maybe see if it was like a Japan-exclusive console, or if it was an extremely limited one like that grey anniversary model that they only made a thousand of, some insane collector would probably pay for those, but that dumb Batman console is neither particularly limited nor has any collector's value, so don't bank on it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cinematic takedown.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

I could maybe see if it was like a Japan-exclusive console, or if it was an extremely limited one like that grey anniversary model that they only made a thousand of, some insane collector would probably pay for those, but that dumb Batman console is neither particularly limited nor has any collector's value, so don't bank on it.

Figured as much, thanks.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Almost every single time the following will happen:

A) You won't like the game.
B) The season pass content won't be out for months after the game is out.
C) In the case of B, the season pass itself will go on sale at some point before the content is out.
D) The season pass content will be lovely or not worth the money.
E) Some of the season pass content will be good but it will be cheaper to buy just the good content instead of all the content.

On the other hand, I got the premium edition for $36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whenever I've bought a season pass in the past I've really liked the game, but by the time the DLC finally comes out I don't really give a poo poo and never bother touching it.

• Locked thread