Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What time zone are y'all in that you can unpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Gonna take a wild guess and say Europe, where it is past midnight now.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm in the UK and it's midnight. Should be done in like 10 minutes hopefully.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

Gonna take a wild guess and say Europe, where it is past midnight now.

My steam says it's unlocking on the 22nd (up until today it said the 23rd) and it unlocks in 5 hours, which will be 4pm in New Zealand.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah VPN into the UK and unlock it now if you want, it just finished decrypting for me. Good times!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PostNouveau posted:

Are they going to keep making these? I can't see myself tiring of the formula.

Rocksteady continues to claim they're done with Batman, but the series makes huge bank for WB Games, so I would expect a studio like WB Montreal (which did Origins) to continue cranking out games -- sort of like how Neversoft became a Tony Hawk / Guitar Hero factory.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My steam says it's unlocking on the 22nd (up until today it said the 23rd) and it unlocks in 5 hours, which will be 4pm in New Zealand.

Sucks for being down under i guess.

Mine still has another 15 minutes of patch downloading before it unlocks :/ Why it couldn't have done this 6 hours ago when i pre-loaded it i don't know.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You say "y'all" despite living in NZ? What a crazy world

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Reverse Centaur posted:

"Y'all" is the best word, that's why.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

When I lived overseas I was good friends with a guy from Georgia and we just stole each other's speech mannerisms.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Is there really no option to remove the 30fps cap on PC, or am I a stupid idiot? (I am, but that's beside the point)

At least I can crank up the visuals, I guess.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Doc Morbid posted:

Is there really no option to remove the 30fps cap on PC, or am I a stupid idiot? (I am, but that's beside the point)

At least I can crank up the visuals, I guess.

It seems like the graphics options are surprisingly limited. I don't even have an option for high textures with a 970 and i don't see anything about AA in there at all (well there is, but it's just on or off).

Kin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 23, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Heads up this is one of those games where the in-game vsync setting completely demolishes the framerate.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is the best way to VPN.. I did this a while ago for Bioshock Infinite, but I deinstalled the soft ware.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

What is the best way to VPN.. I did this a while ago for Bioshock Infinite, but I deinstalled the soft ware.

Probably Soft Ether VPN

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Man I love my internet & steam. Averaged 100+mb/s and peaked at 120mb/s

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Can anyone else not turn the texture resolution above normal or turn on Smoke/Paper GameWorks settings?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Chortle posted:

Can anyone else not turn the texture resolution above normal or turn on Smoke/Paper GameWorks settings?

People on Steam are saying normal is the max.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

suddenlyissoon posted:

Man I love my internet & steam. Averaged 100+mb/s and peaked at 120mb/s

Let's everyone clap for the fast internet man here.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Probably Soft Ether VPN

What program do I need here? I assume the client?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looks like the Nvidia driver is out for the game, and for Soft Ether you'll need the client I think.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Seems like SLI is broken pretty badly. Also I think crossfire is just straight up disabled right now. Bad time to have multiple gpus if you wanna play this game.

edit: Release notes for Nvidia's driver. Down at 8.1 known issues is where you'll find the "Sli is kinda broken" notes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

What program do I need here? I assume the client?

If you google "how to use soft ether vpn" it has really nice instructions. I just had to use it now because I forgot how to connect to a client.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Probably Soft Ether VPN

Oh hell yeah.. muchas gracias :hattip:

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Yaos posted:

People on Steam are saying normal is the max.

Yeah, I saw that on the Steam forums after I posted. The GeForce Experience is saying normal is the highest as well.

For anyone who can't enable the GameWorks features, you can force them on using the GeForce Experience.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh hell yeah.. muchas gracias :hattip:

Using flyvpn and the free trial through the uk. Unlocking now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I got the VPN set up with SoftEther, but the only European one I can connect to is one in France that is going so slow I can hardly even launch Steam. Is there something I'm missing here?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Batman's gadgets all have weird gay computer terminology names now if the last page's any indication

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Got mine midnight release at Game (UK goon here), redeemed all the codes from the case but the season pass code they gave me on the receipt is giving me an error on PSN :smith:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Batman's gadgets all have weird gay computer terminology names now if the last page's any indication

Quiet, bitch.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Batman's suit is literally v8.36 or some Iron Man poo poo except more computery and less engineery.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

TheJoker138 posted:

I got the VPN set up with SoftEther, but the only European one I can connect to is one in France that is going so slow I can hardly even launch Steam. Is there something I'm missing here?

I was able to connect to the UK one with 13 Mb of bandwidth. VPNs usually are slow because everything is coming from another country.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I connected to a UK one that's doing fine, still decrypting but almost done.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
How long does decryption take if I wait til midnight and do it not via vpn? I preloaded but might just wait til tomorrow if its gonna be another hour of set up

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Calaveron posted:

the batarang is called a calaveron now

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Terrible Horse posted:

How long does decryption take if I wait til midnight and do it not via vpn? I preloaded but might just wait til tomorrow if its gonna be another hour of set up

Decryption depends on your hard drive speed, you just use the VPN to fool Steam into thinking you're in a different timezone.

I preloaded today and unlocked around 6:30EST, took about 30 minutes to decrypt and it didn't look like I had to download a day one patch. Even if you do run into a patch (I've seen people say it could be around 3.5GB) you can start the download and then disconnect from the VPN, Steam will disconnect for a second and then reconnect and resume the download. You'll have to reconnect to launch the game though.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
First impressions are awesome new set pieces. Combat flows a bit differently, but I think once I get used to it that it'll feel like an upgrade.

Batmobile is a piece of poo poo, why the gently caress did they add it?! Not even Adam Jensen asked for this. Rage quit after falling off on the first POS batmobile platform puzzle.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

Rocksteady continues to claim they're done with Batman, but the series makes huge bank for WB Games, so I would expect a studio like WB Montreal (which did Origins) to continue cranking out games -- sort of like how Neversoft became a Tony Hawk / Guitar Hero factory.

I can live with WB Montreal cranking out new ones. Origins was the worst one, but it was still a lot of fun.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Yeah, the PC port seems kinda lovely right now, lots of reports of crashing, kind of cruddy performace, almost no graphical options that aren't buried in a .ini file and most inexplicably of all the framerate defaults to a cap of 30FPS if you don't edit said .ini file. :psyduck:

Maybe a Day One patch will fix most of these things? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Some dumb idiot posted:

Yeah, the PC port seems kinda lovely right now, lots of reports of crashing, kind of cruddy performace, almost no graphical options that aren't buried in a .ini file and most inexplicably of all the framerate defaults to a cap of 30FPS if you don't edit said .ini file. :psyduck:

Maybe a Day One patch will fix most of these things? :shrug:

There's a huge disparity between the benchmark performance and the framerate in the actual game, yeah it seems kind of hosed atm

• Locked thread