Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well, I made to the actual end of the preload.

That's one Hell of a demo section, give 'em that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Steady 60fps until i hopped into the Batmobile and it started revving up dust, 10fps then until the dust went away. So i disabled the Nvidia dust thing and now it's about 50fps in the Batmobile.

How do i change Batmans appearance? I unlocked "Anime Batman" and i wanna see how horrible this is. Also, can you get a Batmobile that doesn't look like a Decepticon?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

No Ambient Occlusion for the PC port. (look underneath the coffee cup, f.e.)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Do we eventually unlock the grapple move that lets you reverse direction? I'm after ace chemicals right now.

Also, is there a way to avoid the thugs that grab you and force you to mash the button to break free? Not the "instantly KO" guys, the other ones.

Enjoying AK, though it is VERY different from previous entries. Fanservice is still mighty awesome though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's looking like the PC port was outsourced to Iron Galaxy Studios.

Should have known, god dammit Dave Lang. We've all been Lang Zone'd.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Do we eventually unlock the grapple move that lets you reverse direction? I'm after ace chemicals right now.

Also, is there a way to avoid the thugs that grab you and force you to mash the button to break free? Not the "instantly KO" guys, the other ones.

Enjoying AK, though it is VERY different from previous entries. Fanservice is still mighty awesome though.

For quick turns I just use tank mode.

The guys that grab you can be dodge-jumped over.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't understand how not to do the reverse grapnel thing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Narcissus1916 posted:

I think it's unlocked by default, just hold back while grappling.

the goons that grab you dont have a counter icon but they telegraph themselves by opening up their arms for a big hug, so you can just evade over them when you see that. they always come from behind so just watch your back

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Should have known, god dammit Dave Lang. We've all been Lang Zone'd.

I have no idea who this dave lang is, so i googled it... IS this creepy man the same guy that ruined our Batman?

https://twitter.com/josephjbroni

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Dead Like Rev posted:

I have no idea who this dave lang is, so i googled it... IS this creepy man the same guy that ruined our Batman?

https://twitter.com/josephjbroni

He runs Iron Galaxy, so by relation, yes. He may not have been in charge of the project though. But he's visible and I'm sure he's been getting tweets all day.

Edit: Oh man, I wonder if his phone number is still working because John Vignocchi (a Disney video game exec) tweeted out his phone number as a prank during E3.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 23, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He runs Iron Galaxy, so yes.

Jesus that twitter feed..

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's looking like the PC port was outsourced to Iron Galaxy Studios.

it says they did the pc port of origins and apparently that was fine though

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Game is running smooth as butter for me on windows 10. i7 920/16gb ram/gtx 970 using latest nvidia drivers. I have everything but interactive smoke on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What the gently caress am I supposed to do at Ace Chemicals when I need to blow a hole in the wall to get to the tunnel to go beat up Scarecrow? I have the whole top bit of the wall blown up and nothing else is exploding but I can't do anything

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ethanol posted:

It was a buggy mess compared to the original 2 games but it did run well compared to Knight.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ethanol posted:

it had a bug that would delete your save files and leave you permanently stuck underground with no way to get out except by starting a new game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to do at Ace Chemicals when I need to blow a hole in the wall to get to the tunnel to go beat up Scarecrow? I have the whole top bit of the wall blown up and nothing else is exploding but I can't do anything

Use the crane, to find Crane.

pissedoffcrawdad
Jul 21, 2006

Zotix posted:

So steam does no questions asked refunds, but then gmg did a last minute 40% off. I can see why. Seems kind of shady considering none of the reviewers got a pc review copy.

I am so mad that I bought this game on Green Man. I shouldn't have to turn my settings down to 1366x768 resolution to make the Batmobile segments playable on my GTX 680. At least a Steam purchase would allow me to return it and pick it up on PS4.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

net cafe scandal posted:

Use the crane, to find Crane.

Fuckin layers upon layers

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

CharlestonJew posted:

it had a bug that would delete your save files and leave you permanently stuck underground with no way to get out except by starting a new game

Also you couldn't unlock all the fast travel points originally, because one of them was in a room that you couldn't enter. You could open the vent to enter, but the game didn't recognize it as a grappel point, so you just couldn't get to the room you needed to get to.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

floor is lava posted:

Also on the same board something that looks like an unlock code:

RLAYBR ?

Anyone figure out where to plug this in at?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

What the gently caress is it seriously going to take over six loving hours to install the game to my ps4?

pause and restart your download until it gives you a good time. sometimes psn sticks you on a foreign server with lovely connection instead of the closest one.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Crappy Jack posted:

Also you couldn't unlock all the fast travel points originally, because one of them was in a room that you couldn't enter. You could open the vent to enter, but the game didn't recognize it as a grappel point, so you just couldn't get to the room you needed to get to.

That one was bugged piracy protection.

Edit: oh man, the team up combat sections of the game are brilliant. I'm not sure if it would work with 2 people but the ai seems to handle itself ok and the swapping/combo moves are amazingly seamless.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 23, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Jason Todd, the third Robin who was thought to have been killed by the Joker.

Second. Third is Tim Drake.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Well gently caress, Oracle . Airship spoilers.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

redbackground posted:

No Ambient Occlusion for the PC port. (look underneath the coffee cup, f.e.)

This is some impressive incompetence right here. I'm guessing that as the release date came closer and the PC version was still garbage they started stripping out basic graphics features to try and compensate and ended up with a broken mess anyway.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CharlestonJew posted:

you can just throw explosive gel on dudes now hahaha

Gel Launcher?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DOF is different looking too in the background. The PS4 version looks "correct" if that makes any sense.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
My game runs ok but I may wait til this stuff is patched before getting too deep into it. I thought it didn't look so great in action compared to trailers and now I guess I know why.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
My only real gameplay related complaint so far: The Combat Summary apparently doesn't show up for non-quest fights anymore. How can i keep score on how well i beat up the 20+ swarms of thugs on the streets :( ?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Real hurthling! posted:

pause and restart your download until it gives you a good time. sometimes psn sticks you on a foreign server with lovely connection instead of the closest one.

Talking about the ingame install, which was stuck at five hours. After deleting and reinstalling it, it was now at a more manageable 30 minutes, now counting down from 6. And I power cycled my modem and downloading the patch went from 99+ hours to 23 minutes.
What a loving mess of a launch this has been

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

DOF is different looking too in the background. The PS4 version looks "correct" if that makes any sense.
PS4 has actual bokeh action going on. Just look at that solo bright light at the top of the skyline.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw this little snippet from Polygon on Metacritic.
"After Arkham Knight, Batman has been perfected — and the end result is the best game of this console generation."
Seems a bit early to be calling that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

redbackground posted:

PS4 has actual bokeh action going on. Just look at that solo bright light at the top of the skyline.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Didn't realize there was an actual term. :downs:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Didn't realize there was an actual term. :downs:
Do a GIS for bokeh and you get a bunch of pretty wallpapers.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It looks like I'm getting rain textures, rarely, but the DOF is messed up most of the time. While I'm getting fine performance I may not play this too much more right now and stick with DMC4 SE.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Spikeguy posted:

Just saw this little snippet from Polygon on Metacritic.
"After Arkham Knight, Batman has been perfected — and the end result is the best game of this console generation."
Seems a bit early to be calling that.

Polygon is almost without exception hot garbage.

zen death robot posted:

I'd be pissed off if this wasn't free with my 970, as it is it's just kind of funny to see it as a "flagship" game of sorts to show off the hardware and it's missing features the consoles have and doesn't run all that great.

Maybe they're waiting for Windows 10 so they can show off how much DX12 speeds up Batman!

Yeah, I have a hard time getting really personally upset at the whole thing because I didn't pay for the game but I have a lot of empathy for people who did. It's a bummer to see something as anticipated as Arkham Knight land with the force of a wet fart on PC.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I have those rain textures on the PC version, its probably hidden in one of the Gameworks options cause I have it running with everything on/maxed.

Soon as I figured out I had to turn off the DS4 Wrapper and connect it with a cable instead of bluetooth to get my dual shock to work everything has been smooth sailing since (granted that took about forever to fix).

edit: Okay I went back and checked, I only get the rain textures on the cape and only when I'm gliding

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thankfully I have other stuff to play right now while waiting for them to hopefully fix the PC issues, what with the 12x experience boost on The Old Republic and reinstalling Fallout 2 after the E3 hype.

But no doubt, I'd be pretty upset with this product if it didn't come free along with Witcher 3 when I upgraded my video card.

• Locked thread