Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Leperflesh posted:

The trouble with the shallow bench is more than just being forced to move guys for bye weeks. IDP players get injured a lot; with just 5 slots, any injured guy in a non-LB slot you basically *have* to drop in order to keep a full team on the field. And that really sucks when you're dropping a guy who is only going to miss two weeks.

If you stick to five bench slots, I'd encourage you to add one or two injury slots too.

I agree about dumping FAAB. I'd like regular waivers, though: not everyone is up at midnight tuesday morning to jump on the latest standout guy.

Also: Chris Borland :negative:

I agree with this. I routinely had 1-2 star players injured that I did not want to drop because waiver wire replacements weren't enough and in most cases they would only miss short time. I also got hit with bye weeks, to the point where I'm pretty sure I did a week or two without a full roster in play. The IR position would be a big help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Leperflesh posted:

The trouble with the shallow bench is more than just being forced to move guys for bye weeks. IDP players get injured a lot; with just 5 slots, any injured guy in a non-LB slot you basically *have* to drop in order to keep a full team on the field. And that really sucks when you're dropping a guy who is only going to miss two weeks.

If you stick to five bench slots, I'd encourage you to add one or two injury slots too.

I agree about dumping FAAB. I'd like regular waivers, though: not everyone is up at midnight tuesday morning to jump on the latest standout guy.

Also: Chris Borland :negative:

I don't think Yahoo allows for non-IR injury spots, I wish they did. I'd definitely be open to adding a 6th bench spot, though. I had a few injuries and got hit with byes a few times, but I didn't really have a problem rostering a team ever. I originally went with 5 bench because there were 5 positions (LB, DT, DE, CB, S) and between that and the two D flex, I was able to mostly keep a pretty balanced bench. It's looking more and more to me like the solution is to just add another bench spot. I don't want to be too lenient on stashing hurt guys, but I also don't want to make it too tough on people to fill out their roster. I don't think it would be much of a problem to add another bench spot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So after reading the IDP thread, and following the conversation here, I think I'm going to set up my IDP only league like this:

Positions:
DL - 3
LB - 3
CB - 2
S - 2
Flex - 1 (any D player)
Bench - 8
IR Spot - 1

I'm debating rolling the CB/S positions into just 4 DB spots. With 6 teams I think it'll be a lot easier to field a full defensive unit compared to the SA IDP league, but I also like the flexibility of building your own "defensive schemes". This setup will let managers play 3-4, 4-3, Big Nickel, etc.

Tackle Assist - .5
Sack - 4
Interception - 6
Forced Fumble - 4
Fumble Recovery - 3
Defensive Touchdown - 7
Safety - 10
Pass Defended - 2
Block Kick - 6
Tackles for Loss - 3

The scoring was largely from the PFF article posted in the IDP thread. Maybe verbatim but I think I tweaked it just a bit.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 23, 2015

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Rotoworld posted:

The Tampa Tribune says Doug Martin had his "best offseason in three years."

Martin has come roaring off the mat, quickly going from the trade block to the heavy favorite to start Week 1. Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC last year, is likely to be used in his natural pass-catching role and Bobby Rainey projects as a backup in both spots. Although Martin has been one of the worst running backs in the league over the last two seasons, he's a lead runner in a contract year with an eighth-round ADP. As a rookie in 2012, he erupted for a 319-1,454-11 line. Jun 23 - 8:03 AM

Does this mean I should wait until the second round to draft Sims? I'm so confused.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You take Sims in the first and Martin in the 2nd. Obviously you'd have to luck out and have them drop to you.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Murmur Twin posted:

Does this mean I should wait until the second round to draft Sims? I'm so confused.

clearly you get the sims handcuff, who is doug martin

but seriously I'm at 80%+ ownage (20 leagues so far) of Doug Martin thus far this year in MFL10s, he is going to be like Mark Ingram this year, playin' for that paycheck. I know he has two lovely seasons to look at but good goddamn do I want him to do well.

And if he doesn't, MFL10s are a great place to burn that pick, especially at his current ADP.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gyshall posted:

clearly you get the sims handcuff, who is doug martin

but seriously I'm at 80%+ ownage (20 leagues so far) of Doug Martin thus far this year in MFL10s, he is going to be like Mark Ingram this year, playin' for that paycheck. I know he has two lovely seasons to look at but good goddamn do I want him to do well.

And if he doesn't, MFL10s are a great place to burn that pick, especially at his current ADP.

As a Sims dynasty owner, MartinTB RBs isare trash.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I like Doug Martin as a value pick for sure, with his ADP in the toilet and that backfield being up for grabs.

I know goons ITT love harping on his "one good game" being the whole story with him, but he had like 2,000 YFS in 2012, which shows he can do it given the right circumstances. Obviously it remains to be seen if those circumstances will ever return, but it's worth a shot at that low price.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Another excellent value pick this year is Anquan Boldin. He can usually be had in the 10th or 11th round in most drafts, and his last two seasons he has sneakily come in at #14 and #18 WR. Not sexy, but for where you can get him...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah and Crabtree is gone so he's probably the #1 in SF, and Kaep is probably going to have another season of being poorly protected on the OL, and he loves to dump the ball off to Boldin when he's hurried.

The problem though is that Boldin is now the guy to double cover. I've got this nasty suspicion that he's going to see some targets evaporate due to savvy cover schemes. And Kaep may or may not get horribly mangled from either a porous OL hanging him out to dry, or his instinct to run at the first sign of trouble finally catching up to him.

I'd grab Boldin earlier than his ADP but probably still not till like round 7.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

gently caress kaep gently caress boldin gently caress 49ers players this year lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nah Boldin is a good call. He's the #1 read, and that's all Kaep is capable of

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah my big problem with Boldin is what the gently caress is going to happen with the 49ers this year? That team could be a complete dumpster fire like three weeks into the season where literally no one is worth rostering in a standard league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The vast majority of the Niners' losses were on defense or losing competition for Boldin. Even if they're a dumpster fire Boldin will produce.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
And if he is falling to the 10th or 11th then picking are going to be slim anyway.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Boldin has been a great pick the last couple of years, people sleep on him so hard. Love me some old possession receivers.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Yeah, even if Boldin has a down year with the Niners being, well, the Niners, if I could grab him in the 8th or 9th round I'm likely taking him. This is where WR depth still outclasses RB depth.

Does anyone think there are any Bills receivers worth investing? Specifically, Watkins and Clay. TE is not deep this year, and Clay is good at his job, but with EJ Manuel likely throwing the ball this year....it seems like a situation just to avoid completely. Which is a shame, because I root for the Bills. :derp:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

railroad terror posted:

bills skill position

Avoid. Rex Ryan had to put second string D against all 3 quarterbacks during OTAs this year, which is not a very good sign.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
It's a boring late June Wednesday, so I re-activated the Goon Money League. We currently have one opening if anyone is interested. Time to get auction-raped by goons for the 5th straight year!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727699&pagenumber=1#lastpost

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

coronaball posted:

It's a boring late June Wednesday, so I re-activated the Goon Money League. We currently have one opening if anyone is interested. Time to get auction-raped by goons for the 5th straight year!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727699&pagenumber=1#lastpost

I posted in the thread and would like to play :)

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Allen Robinson.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I'm seriously leaning towards not playing ANY fantasy football leagues this year. Just relax on sundays, don't worry about the Dolphins' WR depth, and enjoy my Saints.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ok, see you in 3 weeks for predraft advice

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doppelganger posted:

I'm seriously leaning towards not playing ANY fantasy football leagues this year. Just relax on sundays, don't worry about the Dolphins' WR depth, and enjoy my Saints.

As a Redskins fan fantasy football is basically the only way I can enjoy Sundays.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Doppelganger posted:

"I can quit whenever I want"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gyshall posted:

"I can quit whenever I want"

It really is an addiction, isn't it? I remember thinking five leagues were too much last year, but I'm having trouble deciding which ones to give up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doppelganger posted:

You gotta go the opposite route and get into 30 leagues so you can't possibly care about any one of them enough to ruin your Sundays

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Azhais posted:

You gotta go the opposite route and get into 30 leagues so you can't possibly care about any one of them enough to ruin your Sundays

yeah exactly. I'm going to be in (tentatively) 12 season-long leagues this year, I'm in 25 MFL10s (as of right now) and I'm a DFS addict so I just get :420: drink beer and eat a ton of food on sundays and then enjoy whatever monday night players I need to go off.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kenny Britt is gonna be big this year with Nick Folds hitting those deep balls.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

89 posted:

But enough about gay marriage

:downsrim:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

I've heard that story one too many times

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm taking Kenny Britt in all the late rounds because I CAN'T QUIT YOU KENNY

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Wasn't Brian Quick doing fairly well for the Rams last year before he got hurt?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Wasn't Brian Quick doing fairly well for the Rams last year before he got hurt?

Yeah, Quick will be their #1.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I got bored at work and graphed 2014 PPR points per game, no filter for games played (wasn't highly relevant)

Source: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/nfl-fantasy-football-points-leaders-ppr-scoring/2014/

This isn't rocket science but it reminds me again of why RB's are important and QB's aren't.

Difference between 1 and 10:

QB: 4.5
TE: 7.5 (Gronk. Without Gronk it's 4)
WR: 7.3
RB: 8.4

The WR numbers are interesting in that they form natural trios through the first 18 or so picks.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 26, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Label your axes! :argh:

Is that uh... points on the Y axis, and... rank on the X?

The dots shouldn't be connected with lines, because that implies this is a chart showing a series (a value changing over time).

I have strong opinions about infographics

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ya.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The one thing's higher than the other thing, what more do you need to know?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

VDay posted:

The one thing's higher than the other thing, what more do you need to know?
I need a point on the graph labeled CHARLES SIMS PROJECTION or else this thing is useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

I need a point on the graph labeled CHARLES SIMS PROJECTION or else this thing is useless

He's off the chart.

• Locked thread