Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Merge all the indies together into one giant shitpile that will fail harder than one indie can fail alone!

Nothing will ever crash and burn harder than ECW, and they didn't have a money mark the caliber of Hermie Sadler and that guy who won the lottery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nothing will ever crash and burn harder than ECW, and they didn't have a money mark the caliber of Hermie Sadler and that guy who won the lottery.

They almost had Billy Corgan!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Luigi Thirty posted:

I would argue Georgia did, just because of the whole supposed incident with the Briscoes and Black Saturday.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Iceland.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is this new?

quote:

TNA Impact Wrestling is embarking on a big week in celebration of its 13th year in operation.

The festivities kick off with a live edition of Impact Wrestling: Full Metal Mayhem 9 p.m. EST Wednesday, on Destination America. Then it is Slammiversary featuring the return of the King of the Mountain match 8 p.m. EST Sunday, June 28 from Universal Studios Orlando.

The icing on the anniversary cake is when TNA world champion Kurt Angle defends the gold against Ethan Carter III during a special Bell to Bell edition of Impact Wrestling 9 p.m. EST Wednesday, July 1 on Destination America.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article25376569.html#storylink=cpy

So what's on Slammiversary? James Storm vs Magnus, Jessie Godderz vs Robbie E, Kong/Brooke vs Dollhouse and King Of The Mountain is all I can piece together.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Somehow Kong/Brooke vs the Dollhouse, a 2-on-3 match, is for a singles title.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jeff Jarrett tweeted something to the effect of "welp, deal died in legal" but we still don't know what the deal was!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was basically confirmed a week or two ago. The taping schedule necessitated they tape shows before the PPV scheduled to air after the PPV, and there was no way they could have a world title match that the result wouldn't effectively be spoiled by said tapings. The return of the KOTM was announced days ago to make up for it, and the only guy announced for that match is booked the same day to main event a CMLL event

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

It was basically confirmed a week or two ago. The taping schedule necessitated they tape shows before the PPV scheduled to air after the PPV, and there was no way they could have a world title match that the result wouldn't effectively be spoiled by said tapings. The return of the KOTM was announced days ago to make up for it, and the only guy announced for that match is booked the same day to main event a CMLL event

Won't it still be spoiled? I can't find anything for a July 1 taping on their website.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Bell-to-Bell edition?

Lucha Underground just did a bell-to-bell episode – Prince Puma and Johnny Mundo for one hour (minus commercials) in an Iron Man match.

You can’t be telling me TNA is going to have Kurt Angle and EC III in a 120 minute Iron Man match. I have to be reading that wrong.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CobiWann posted:

Bell-to-Bell edition?

Lucha Underground just did a bell-to-bell episode – Prince Puma and Johnny Mundo for one hour (minus commercials) in an Iron Man match.

You can’t be telling me TNA is going to have Kurt Angle and EC III in a 120 minute Iron Man match. I have to be reading that wrong.

What's the over/under on Kurt Angle missed top rope moves if this actually happens?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

Won't it still be spoiled? I can't find anything for a July 1 taping on their website.

The winner of that Impact match will be spoiled by people reading it, but there won't be a world title match that can be spoiled main eventing something people pay money for, which was where the big problem originally rested.

The big problems now are 1) will Lashley (only guy announced for the new main event) and Richards (guy in tag title match) be appearing, 2) will anybody get hurt over the course of the ridiculous taping schedule, and 3) who the gently caress will take them on their TV station after two stations kicked them off in a full year

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kurt Angle is the Benoit of our generation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

uh isn't Benoit the Benoit of our generation

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Russo buries TNA:
http://csrwrestling.com/its-hard-to-feel-sorry-for-tna/

Jarrett says the deal is back on:
https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/613731478032261120

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The state of this dumb bitch starting every column with 'I want to not care about wrestling, bro, I sweah ta gad'.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Are you saying these are related?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Vince Russo posted:

I could go on about this forever, but what would be the point—other than to this very day—the asinine and unforgivable mistakes continue. Letting go talented people like Gunner and Samuel Shaw isn’t even a microcosm of that. In an effort to give Mr. LaBar his monies worth–I’m going to share an experience that happened with me less than 10 days ago.

Feeling the TNA situation, I felt driven to do something about it, rather than to just sit behind my computer and let it die a slow death. So I wrote an e-mail to Dixie, John and Billy Corgan and I offered my services to them—FREE OF CHARGE—in an effort to help them from now until September. I told them that if they weren’t interested that there was no need to reply to my e-mail, that I would know in my heart-of-hearts that I did all I possibly could do on my part to help the situation. The only one who responded to my e-mail was Billy—who I understood wasn’t in a position to do anything.

Now, you can say whatever it is you want about Vince Russo–he put the belt on himself, he put the belt on David Arquette, he put Judy Bagwell on a forklift, he killed WCW, he was nothing without Vince McMahon’s filter . . . yada, yada, yada. I’m cool with all that, as long as you add that he helped bring TNA to over 2 million viewers on Spike TV when he “had the book” less than five years ago. If you’re going to bring up all those others things solely based on “opinion”, then it would only be fair that you brought up the “facts”, or the “numbers”. Unfortunately in wrestling–nobody does that any more. Carter/Gaburick are not interested in my FREE SERVICES, based on one having to admit a mistake, and the other simply doing what execs do in wrestling—protecting their spots. Not accepting the services of the guy who helped creatively bring you to your greatest heights is just simply . . . sad.

But, that’s wrestling. That’s why so many of us who could help are on the outside looking in. In wrestling insecurity and paranoia is KING and failure to admit your mistakes will sooner, or later, bring you down to your knees. The right people aren’t hired, they are instead—cock blocked.

"All we need is Vince Russo." - Vince Russo

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 24, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

This honestly reminds me of Bischoff and WCW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

This honestly reminds me of Bischoff and WCW.

Imagine if there was Twitter during WCW's demise

Imagine WCWMecca

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MRT you are lying you know you're on the edge of your seat waiting for the signing of the GFW color commentator, joining Chael Sonnen and Jim Ross, Mongo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Russo claiming responsibility for TNA peaking at a 1.0 is the most honest thing he's ever said.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Russo claiming responsibility for TNA peaking at a 1.0 is the most honest thing he's ever said.

It seriously is. That's kind of incredible.

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine if there was Twitter during WCW's demise

Imagine WCWMecca

God, if only.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

honestly if tna hired vince russo again id start watching again

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Not just the death of WCW, imagine Twitter in the post-WCW world where everybody was trying a start-up to make the next WCW.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Are you saying these are related?

I wish I knew. Could be all kayfabe and Jeff is Angle's mystery opponent on tonight's IMPACT.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Is it Live or Semi-Live Impact tonight?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is it Live or Semi-Live Impact tonight?

I think it's live, with at least one more episode taped immediately after

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dave knows the story apparently but he ain't talking.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

rovert posted:

I wish I knew. Could be all kayfabe and Jeff is Angle's mystery opponent on tonight's IMPACT.

"Jilted Russo joins the Force!"

The wrestling business is cyclical, like a turd circling the drain in a bathtub.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if the deal really is to buy TNA, why? The company/brand looks like its already over the cliff and falling.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

They should just bring back Rellik, which is Killer spelled backwards.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

if the deal really is to buy TNA, why? The company/brand looks like its already over the cliff and falling.

That's why he's changing the name of TNA to Global Force Wrestling, duh!

corn in the bible posted:

They should just bring back Rellik, which is Killer spelled backwards.

:aaaaa:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

That'd be an undeniably big boost to the GFW roster, considering Chris Masters is currently their biggest singles star and their best team is borrowed from New Japan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

That'd be an undeniably big boost to the GFW roster, considering Chris Masters is currently their biggest singles star and their best team is borrowed from New Japan

he could wait until Sept and simply pick them up as they bounce out of their contracts.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jeff Jarrett really wants Bram, and this way he gets him secured for multiple years.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

coconono posted:

he could wait until after these tapings conclude and simply pick them up as their checks bounce.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jeff Jarrett going into TNA's Hall of Fame?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has Meltzer ever deliberately held back reporting something so that he doesn't spoil a surprise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Why would he want to

E: Jarrett, that is

• Locked thread