Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

how do you do these environmental take downs? like I see these lamps are highlighted in blue, how do I utilize them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Qmass posted:

Someone a few pages ago posted this fix:
I usually take poo poo like this with a grain of salt but I honestly think it cut the stuttering way the gently caress down.

This appears to have completely fixed my stuttering issues. It seemed to be an issue with the blur effects, but now I can spin around to my heart's content!

e: Whoops, everything went back to poo poo after 15 minutes.

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 24, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ethanol posted:

how do you do these environmental take downs? like I see these lamps are highlighted in blue, how do I utilize them?

It'll prompt you when available. It's square+X if I remember correctly on PS4 so whatever that translates to on your platform (Uh, punch plus interact I guess).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

It controls like rear end

It doesn't though. That is the thing. Like it has one major control flaw (and I think it's a reasonable one for people to complain about), and that is that they decided that Tank Mode should double as your break. It's a weird design decision in that is is fundamentally un-carlike. The closest I've seen to it in a game is actually in Macross video games where transforming from a jet to one of the other modes is better for repositioning yourself than turning as a jet. However once you get the hang of doing it is makes you capable of doing absurdly tight turns even despite the intense loss of speed that comes from it.

Beyond that it sounds like, as someone said above, you're over-correcting your movements which leads to you trying to adjust more than the game expects. The segment you're talking about is really geared towards focusing more on getting the proper timing for the Riddler switches than on driving the car. You can mostly boost and make minor adjustments and get through. Also while driving you can use X to minorly hop to the side (this works in both car and tank mode) which is also a nice way to correct for small things without making big turns.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick here but what you're saying does sound more like "I'm having trouble" rather than "This doesn't work." I just was hoping to see if I could offer advice so you'd enjoy it instead. :smith:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Qmass posted:

Someone a few pages ago posted this fix:
I usually take poo poo like this with a grain of salt but I honestly think it cut the stuttering way the gently caress down.

I'll try this when I get home.. got a date with the gf at Bobwhite Counter in the east village tonight, and then we might play Street Fighter at Barcade afterwards if she's into it. I'm grateful she's not sleeping over because I want to make the Arkham Knight pay for taking Barbara as soon as possible.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Feenix posted:

Not really the point. But hey I'm super glad for you. :)

I'm super glad you've thrown a tantrum online about bad game design when you cant explain why it's bad game design other that the fact that you're incapable of actually doing it.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Aquasnake posted:

Do we have a goon arkham group on steam. I want to have bat dick measuring contests.

6'2" and 6'.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spoiler about the ending question: In the 100% ending movie, after Bruce fakes his death and we see a new Batman or someone looking at the thugs and then he transforms, who is that supposed to be and how is he doing the crazy poo poo? And is this hinted at in the game proper like oh that's going to be the next Batman. Or is this just some bullshit tease for the next DLC/Batman game?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A steam group for this barely functional single player game seems unnecessary.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ImpAtom posted:

It doesn't though. That is the thing. Like it has one major control flaw (and I think it's a reasonable one for people to complain about), and that is that they decided that Tank Mode should double as your break.

The Tank Mode is definitely not what the developer intends as a brake. They intend for you to powerslide, brake and reverse with square. The fact that many hours later my hand STILL goes to tank mode when I want to slow down is testament to how bad this was as a choice for them. Not only that, but the entire control scheme for movement changes momentarily when you tap tank mode, so you'll spin. I do not recommend anyone considers quickly flashing tank mode as a means for slowing your speed in a race. I'm surprised you find that tolerable at all.

Yes, I will admit that if I got the perfect line (whatever that is) some of these things would stop being issues, but it feels like random luck if after hopping off 3 platforms the batmobile doesn't either A) Roll over. B) Spin out. C) Flip on it's back. That poo poo is out of my control as far as I can tell when it comes to landing and having the car bounce around or whatever... I know you have air control but the distance between these hops is minor at best.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Really digging this (on PS4), very smooth gameplay, lots of options, nice atmosphere, rattling the cages...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Feenix posted:

The Tank Mode is definitely not what the developer intends as a brake. They intend for you to powerslide, brake and reverse with square. The fact that many hours later my hand STILL goes to tank mode when I want to slow down is testament to how bad this was as a choice for them. Not only that, but the entire control scheme for movement changes momentarily when you tap tank mode, so you'll spin. I do not recommend anyone considers quickly flashing tank mode as a means for slowing your speed in a race. I'm surprised you find that tolerable at all.

Yes, I will admit that if I got the perfect line (whatever that is) some of these things would stop being issues, but it feels like random luck if after hopping off 3 platforms the batmobile doesn't either A) Roll over. B) Spin out. C) Flip on it's back. That poo poo is out of my control as far as I can tell when it comes to landing and having the car bounce around or whatever... I know you have air control but the distance between these hops is minor at best.

Did you try the alternate controls for it? I think that might make L2 a proper brake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3i9Pqwxwos
Here's a pretty good show of how often/when you should be boosting I guess. The guy nearly wipes it once and sideswipes a few walls, but 2 seconds under isn't a bad finish.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 24, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Saint Freak posted:

Did you try the alternate controls for it? I think that might make L2 a proper brake.

Such a thing does not seem to exist on PS4. Controls section only allows you to look at what the controls are. Game section only allows you to invert sticks for flight modes and such.

[edit]

Saint Freak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3i9Pqwxwos
Here's a pretty good show of how often/when you should be boosting I guess. The guy nearly wipes it once and sideswipes a few walls, but 2 seconds under isn't a bad finish.

No joke that looks a ton like how I run it only for whatever reason after that 3rd platform right before you get to the part where you drive up the wall with the 2 riddler panels on it, my car usually bounces or slides or flips. And if I keep it clean enough not to have that happen usually I come in a little too slow for the finish. :)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 24, 2015

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Feenix posted:

Such a thing does not seem to exist on PS4. Controls section only allows you to look at what the controls are. Game section only allows you to invert sticks for flight modes and such.

change the tank control to toggle under the game options and it'll let you use l2/r2 for accelerate/brake, r1? for toggling tank on/off

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Feenix posted:

Its not in 'controls' its in one of the other things. It might even just be called options. Not home to check.

Edit: I'm going to put it in the OP later I think once I see exactly where it is because it seems a lot of people might actually prefer that way.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
oh word. Battle Mode toggle. Random. Thanks! :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

The Tank Mode is definitely not what the developer intends as a brake.

I literally had one of the developers instruct me to use it as such when I saw the game at E3 last year so... no. It is an intentional design decision that it allows you to do this.

It also defaults to being the button that you use for break (though this can be toggled) and that isn't a coincidence.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 24, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ImpAtom posted:

I literally had one of the producers instruct me to use it as such when I saw the game at E3 last year so...

So.... that was a year ago and the Controls screen says brake is Square and also using the tank controls as a brake feels ridiculous.

I mean, maybe that was a "Hey here's a hot tip!" that just happened to be a terrible suggestion.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love all the jump scares and quirky storytelling surprises in this game, like the billboards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

So.... that was a year ago and the Controls screen says brake is Square and also using the tank controls as a brake feels ridiculous. [

It was almost identical to the final version of the game, including the thing you mentioned. (The entire demo was the Ace Chemical plant from start to the Arkham Knight fight)

Yes, it is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. Other people besides me have also recommended this without it being told to them. It is a thing that actually works.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I got stuck in a tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVGna5jDBTY

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Spikeguy posted:

Spoiler about the ending question: In the 100% ending movie, after Bruce fakes his death and we see a new Batman or someone looking at the thugs and then he transforms, who is that supposed to be and how is he doing the crazy poo poo? And is this hinted at in the game proper like oh that's going to be the next Batman. Or is this just some bullshit tease for the next DLC/Batman game?

The latter.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
So here's something weird. I wanted to check out my fancy-pants PS4 exclusive skins, so I went into the suit options and changed it to the Justice League 3000 skin. Played around with it for a bit, had a blast (just beating up criminals, no story missions or whatever). Turned the game off to grab some food. Came back later, turned the game back on and reset to the default suit. I'm about 30% into the game, so there's been some wear-and-tear on the batsuit by this time (as with all the Arkham games).

Well, not anymore.

The suit looks as pristine as when you first put it on. No scuffs, no scratches. No five o'clock shadow on Bats' face, either. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I actually like watching the costume deteriorate in real-time over the course of the games; it really sells how much of a hell Batman goes through. I'm hoping it's not permanent, that maybe messing around in a few story missions will reset it or something, but I figured y'all might want a heads-up.

(And to be clear, I've got the suit set to the Batsuit 8.0 whatever, not the starter suit)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't actually seem to get suits to change. I don't know if I'm looking the wrong place or what. :smith:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Basebf555 posted:

Is that really true? I unlocked a combat challenge last night and I assumed there'd be a bunch more to unlock. They've always been unlockable, never available right from the start.
It sounds like the season pass will have challenge maps proper. Which is dumb. I could maybe excuse not having all playable characters due the actual content in the game but not even that.

the AR challengers are:
-4 combat challenges, but none seem to be waved based (i have 3/4 unlocked)
-4 predator challenges - 3 are what you expect (each medal is different conditions) and 1 is purely speed
-5 racing challenges - probably a mix of single lap/full race time
-4 tank mode challenges - a mix of points or survival (don't get hit once)
-6 mixed batmobile challenges - so either combat + driving against time (clear zones) or APC chases or fast cobra clears, etc.

The car stuff I think is mostly fine, the combat predator stuff is somewhat disappointing coming from having like 5-7 maps or so and getting extreme variations (more enemy variety) and being able to use modifiers.

It's a shame cause this is the stuff I see in the open world late game or in post-game:

-2 regular brutes
-2 medics
-2 swords
-2 stun rods
-2 batons
-2 guns
-2 shields
-2 regular dudes

That there is easily like wave 4 extreme map kind of stuff you might see in AC or AO (well, minus the guns)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

mysterious frankie posted:

I love this game and I love my Xbox One. But mostly I love my Xbox One. And this game...

And the Xbox One.

I too am enjoying this good game, but on a PS4.

Then again, I should remind myself that PS4 is a scrub system compared to the PC MASTER RACE. Until PS4 needlessly goes above 1080p, which PCs can. It doesn't matter that most TV setups are such that it's physically impossible for most people to resolve much past 1080p, PCs are clearly the master race because better resolutions are needed for a monitor you're 10" away from.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh good lord. Alternate Battle Mode controls are SO much better. I continue to dislike the batmobile in general, but:

L2 for brake/reverse
R2+ Square for powerslide

Battlemode:
L2 for Vulcan
R2 for Cannon
R1 for mode switching

is SOOOOO much better.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I can't actually seem to get suits to change. I don't know if I'm looking the wrong place or what. :smith:

It's under the showcase option on the main menu. On the PS4, you hit "square" to apply the skin you want.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Feenix posted:

oh word. Battle Mode toggle. Random. Thanks! :)

yeah I didn't realize the toggle set the brake to the trigger. I like this scheme, obviously the real life batman does not hold a button to switch into tank mode, so it feels right

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I got stuck in a taxi after I used a vehicle take down.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=468444974

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

JetsGuy posted:

I too am enjoying this good game, but on a PS4.

Then again, I should remind myself that PS4 is a scrub system compared to the PC MASTER RACE. Until PS4 needlessly goes above 1080p, which PCs can. It doesn't matter that most TV setups are such that it's physically impossible for most people to resolve much past 1080p, PCs are clearly the master race because better resolutions are needed for a monitor you're 10" away from.

In my experience people who speak like this are transparently insecure.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sef! posted:

It's under the showcase option on the main menu. On the PS4, you hit "square" to apply the skin you want.

Yeah, that isn't showing up for me. I guess I better try to reinstall the skins.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

:psyduck: What the gently caress.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does anyone else see a red and white 1970's skyline or corrolla when looking at the unmanned tanks at range?

it makes me laugh.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hey! Hey, I see you over there! Get down off of that wall you rear end in a top hat, you're not supposed to be there!

He really loved it up there, too. I climbed up into him with Harley, knocked him down, bounced over to the other side of the area, turned around, and dude was chillin' on his ledge again. He couldn't see Harley, he wouldn't shoot or do anything, and every time I bumped him off, he'd just stand there until I looked away so he could warp back up. In the end I had to hit him with laughing gas to knock him off and keep him in an animation so I could take him out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

.... Yeah, no, that makes perfect sense for the Riddler.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Wow, you absolutely can. Well, uh, that's terrible all around! Lookin' forward to an official comment :allears:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

wow, that is just...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Wow, you absolutely can. Well, uh, that's terrible all around! Lookin' forward to an official comment :allears:

"This is merely one of Nvidia's newest features Nvidia(tm) HeliumVoice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

.... Yeah, no, that makes perfect sense for the Riddler.

Riddler canonically being a spergy internet goon is my favorite side story.

• Locked thread