Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
"Keep playing dead, Bats! We've got them right where we... oh dear."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Mark Hamill's delivery is topnotch

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The batmobile is great and the most wanted missions where you chase the armored cars are really fun. I think that if there wasn't as much use of the Batmobile in the beginning of the game then people wouldn't be so grumpy.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Interestingly enough, playing like butter on my 760TI. All normal options on high (if applicable) and all the Nvidia shut turned off. No ini hacks either. It looks like poo poo compared to asylum and city, but still.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Proposition Joe posted:

The batmobile is great and the most wanted missions where you chase the armored cars are really fun. I think that if there wasn't as much use of the Batmobile in the beginning of the game then people wouldn't be so grumpy.

Yes but gently caress Riddler racing. Timed race segments in games of any kind are hot garbage.

(Notable exception for Burnout: Paradise Burning Routes)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Infinitum posted:

Game of the Year - Every Year.

It's stuff like this getting put in every game that makes me glad that Joker makes fun of Batman's dead parents.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Was the Arkham Origins PC release this hosed up? Apparently it was outsourced to the same company that did Arkham Origins.

I played it last year when it was part of one of the Steam sales and the port seemed great, so I guess the question is whether or not there's any hope for this port. I ended up buying a code for it for $20 anyways so it's not a massive loss but I'd love to actually have a playable game.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

CharlestonJew posted:

It's under "Arkham Stories" or something like that

Yeah that's still grayed out... What the heck.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Infinitum posted:

Game of the Year - Every Year.

Pay Respect is old hat. The new hotness is Even the Odds.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Interestingly enough, playing like butter on my 760TI. All normal options on high (if applicable) and all the Nvidia shut turned off. No ini hacks either. It looks like poo poo compared to asylum and city, but still.

Do you have it installed to an SSD? I do and mine runs well, my friends who have the game and SSDs seem to be reporting it runs fairly well for them as well.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Synonymous posted:

So my computer *barely* meets the specs for this thing, but the catastrophe of the PC release means no. I can play the Harley sequence fine, no trouble, but any cinematics cause massive problems- the opening, where you're in first person, was a disaster if I dared to change where I was looking (which is required). I have no idea what happened in the non-controllable segment of it, other than there's a news report involved. I just get a series of still images whilst the audio runs wild, and can't actually use the controls most of the time.

Is there anything I can do to improve this? I can't even run it at lower res, because my computer just runs the lower res copy nested inside the default res.

Have you disabled the branded NVidia eye-candy? I'm running on a GeForce 670. I can do 1080p with normal size textures and "enhanced rain" on and run pretty consistently well. But if I turn on the fog FX, things get stupid, bouncing between sorta-smooth and then suddenly 1fps slideshows and back again.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Did anyone else have trouble with the firefighter rescue right on the south end of Mercy Bridge? I've climbed to the waypoint and Alfred gave me the background, but I don't seem to have any way of proceeding.

Also, loving Man-Bat scared the everliving poo poo out of me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Adun posted:

Was the Arkham Origins PC release this hosed up? Apparently it was outsourced to the same company that did Arkham Origins.

I played it last year when it was part of one of the Steam sales and the port seemed great, so I guess the question is whether or not there's any hope for this port. I ended up buying a code for it for $20 anyways so it's not a massive loss but I'd love to actually have a playable game.

It was very glitchy upon release and had bugs that would permanently ruin your save file

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Major spoilers from the very last section of the game.

Deathstroke appears at the 95% story mark because you've defeated Arkham Knight (Aka Jason Todd) and there has to be a Merc Commander in place.
Press Space to Pay Respects is real.
Burly Man Brawl with Joker trying to take over. With absolutely brutal takedowns.
Scarecrow takes your mask off publicly on live TV
Joker takes control!
Jokermobile. http://i.imgur.com/VgA4CGS.jpg
Press (1) To unleash 'The Killing Joke' missile Barrage
"Guys where are you? I just want to talk. About shooting you. With this gun! Which I'm going to do.. once we're done talking"
Literally a Silent Hill PT FPS section.
Fear Toxin + Joker Blood = Cured
Jason Todd in his ramshackle Red Hood uniform saves the day.
The whole world knows Bruce Wayne is Batman. "Bruce Wayne huh? Think I'll stick with Batman"
Activation of the Knightfall Protocol.

It's so ludicrous, ham handed and over the top. I love it.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 25, 2015

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Levantine posted:

Do you have it installed to an SSD? I do and mine runs well, my friends who have the game and SSDs seem to be reporting it runs fairly well for them as well.

Naw, just your regular old hdd.

Faux edit: gently caress the first riddler coarse. I HAVE been trying to make this jump for 15 minutes

E:Ooooohhh

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 25, 2015

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

CharlestonJew posted:

It was very glitchy upon release and had bugs that would permanently ruin your save file

That's idiotic that they would go with the same dev again.

When I eventually got around to play Arkham Origins it worked great for me so hopefully they eventually fix this too.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

FuSchnick posted:

Have you disabled the branded NVidia eye-candy? I'm running on a GeForce 670. I can do 1080p with normal size textures and "enhanced rain" on and run pretty consistently well. But if I turn on the fog FX, things get stupid, bouncing between sorta-smooth and then suddenly 1fps slideshows and back again.

Yeah, disabled as much as I possibly can in-game, even dealing with no Vsync. I'm running a Radeon HD 6800.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man, the second Riddler course probably should've been the first so people could see these are timing puzzles like his other three games worth of timing puzzles and not 'races'.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

Except the characters are moving at a normal speed in that video and in some cases are in slow mo, so it's not simply a sped up 30FPS video. I think it's more likely they had a build with sounds issues and/or they upped the MaxFPS in the config to 60 (like most of us are doing) and that screwed up the sound playback, speeding it up and resulting in the chipmonk sounds due to being synced to the frame rate or something stupid.

You'd think people would put more thought into this kind of stuff after the massive witch-hunt for that WB employee that turned out not to be the same guy as the forum poster after all.

In almost all games you can flip a few switches to make the gun run at a variable speed, like bullet-time, and unless you're using a planned gameplay variable to do it that often means the sound effects fire off at normal speed. The implication here is that they recorded a half-speed game at 30fps and sped it up to get full speed 60fps, but they neglected to redub all the sound effects.

So yes, people have put more thought into it than you did

Hashy fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 25, 2015

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Looks like they're disabling PC sales until the game is fixed. I'm assuming that means it's not getting fixed soon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Phoix posted:

Looks like they're disabling PC sales until the game is fixed. I'm assuming that means it's not getting fixed soon.

Translation: "Free Season Pass for PC Users...sucks if you already bought one."

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

At least people wondering if they should try buying this on the PC know now :v:

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Phoix posted:

this is a good move and I hope it works out

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
So, am I insane, or can you not use DLC skins in the main story (which was a big cool deal when revealed that you could) after you get the iron man suit (which happens like 30 minutes in). I had my DKR suit on, accessed through the extras menu, but now I cant. Seems like a lot of dishonesty in this game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Honestly, the only bugs I've noticed on my copy is the cape glitches graphically over long glides, and I get an error every time I exit the game. I'm using four-month-old drivers, too.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I uncapped the frame rate and it seems to have fixed most of the stuttering--there's still a little bit but at least it's not loving unplayable anymore.

Stopping the sale of the PC version, though? This'll end well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Terrible Horse posted:

So, am I insane, or can you not use DLC skins in the main story (which was a big cool deal when revealed that you could) after you get the iron man suit (which happens like 30 minutes in). I had my DKR suit on, accessed through the extras menu, but now I cant. Seems like a lot of dishonesty in this game.

You can reselect your costume after upgrading to the Iron Man suit. I was wearing the Batman 66 costume when that happened, and then next time I played the game swapped to the JLA 3000 costume just fine.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Phoix posted:

I just saw this myself. I mean this is probably their only option at this point since keeping it for sale while obviously broken opens them up to a world of problems. I do have a feeling it is going to be quite awhile until it is fix now, I am betting late August/early September at best.

I do wonder if they are going to give everyone who already has it the season pass for free now.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Djarum posted:

I do wonder if they are going to give everyone who already has it the season pass for free now.

All players who bought the PC version will be given a complimentary "Beta Tester Skin" upon re-release, which is like the normal Batman skin except with the textures not loaded in properly.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

All players who bought the PC version will be given a complimentary "Beta Tester Skin" upon re-release, which is like the normal Batman skin except with the textures not loaded in properly.

I just laughed at that a lot harder than I should have.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This is more of a gameplay spoiler and .05% plot spoiler: You can take over the cobra tanks during the batmobile stealth missions with the drone virus, and it will really gently caress them up. Always infect the first drone you can destroy and watch the fun.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Beamed posted:

At least people wondering if they should try buying this on the PC know now :v:

Lol at anyone who pre-ordered this on Steam.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Djarum posted:

I'm guessing they'll still throw in a little "gently caress you" by only giving it away to people who paid for it, rather than including all the video card voucher customers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GMG is being cool and potentially offering refunds to anyone who bought it from their site if the issues don't get solved soon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Scyantific posted:

GMG is being cool and potentially offering refunds to anyone who bought it from their site if the issues don't get solved soon.

...well, given that I bought both AK and the Season Pass from GMG (heavily couponed, I might add), this is promising.

EDIT: Never mind, evidently once GMG sends you your key, you're hosed out of a refund.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 25, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was in the middle of a big group of thugs and beating the poo poo out of them, went to use the Batclaw on a guy just as a car come skidding by on the street. The batclaw hit that instead, Batman leaped up onto the roof of the car and did something (anchored the line to a wall or something, it all happened so fast I wasn't sure what happened) which caused the car to flip over and crash as he backflipped of it. I then turned him around and sauntered him back to where the surviving thugs were waiting, presumably having just witnessed that and deciding there was no point in running because it's now quite clear NOTHING is going to stop Batman :stare:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Phoix posted:

whoa, I don't think I've seen a AAA do that before.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I avoided batman after how loving bad MKX was. Looks like a good call. I want to play arkham knight but holy poo poo. At least they aren't trying to lie about how bad it is.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

edit: misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Phoix posted:

They've updated the Steam page to say -

Yikes.
It's always been Fall for non-Windows releases.

• Locked thread