Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009
Just in time to go to a mandatory gay wedding tomorrow. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
obama should conclude this by saying "this was the change you could believe in" then drop the mic and end his term

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wish they'd put a teleprompter under the drat camera so he looked towards the camera once in a while.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I'm gonna be at NYC Pride and I'm so flippin' excited! :dance:
Seattle Pride gonna be bitching too :getin:

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

American Family Association

I also loved Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper a great deal.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Brian Brown, Leader of National Organization of Marriage

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

quote:

It is of overwhelming importance, however, who it is that rules me. Today’s decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court.
Scalia going for the ACTIVIST JUDGES!!!! card in his dissent :allears:

edit: And again

quote:

And to allow the policy question of same-sex marriage to be considered and resolved by a select, patrician, highly unrepresentative panel of nine is to violate a principle even more fundamental than no taxation without representation: no social transformation without representation
Now that he's enlightened, I assume he'll be issuing his mea culpas on Bush v. Gore and Citizens United within the hour.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 26, 2015

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

We need some suicide watch, here.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Brian Brown, Leader of National Organization of Marriage
I thought this was an older photo from a previous court decision?

EDIT: Yup, from 2011 in NY:
http://holybulliesandheadlessmonsters.blogspot.com/2011/07/picture-of-noms-brian-brown-crying-over.html

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

drat; that Obama - he's one heck of a speaker.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

I thought this was an older photo from a previous court decision?

Oh drat, I was hoping it was from today

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Just in time for PrideFest tomorrow here too!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Dammit here come the tears.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Samovar posted:

This decision was "Justice that arrives like a thunderbolt"

:black101: :rock:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

it's me I'm the moral jihadist

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Samovar posted:

Yep, he plays me like a fiddle.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Because, of course, not getting a government benefit (unlike those WELFARE QUEENS) are a sign of the #EndTimes

jfc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

lmao is this real

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Optimus Subprime posted:

I also loved Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper a great deal.

hey man, buddy holly rules

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Williamson County Texas is starting the foot dragging

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 26, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

forbidden lesbian posted:

lmao is this real

100%

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Morter posted:

Because, of course, not getting a government benefit (unlike those WELFARE QUEENS) are a sign of the #EndTimes

jfc

The hilarious part of this meme is it shows they didn't even read the ruling: They all agreed Churches cannot be forced to provide a marriage ceremony for gays if they object to it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The One Tough Nerd(tm) issued a statement that means (hopefully) Michigan will retain her dignity during this monumentous time:

quote:

State agencies will make necessary changes to fully comply with law

Friday, June 26, 2015

LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder issued the following statement after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on the Obergfell v. Hodges case, reversing a decision from the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

“Same-sex marriage has been a divisive issue in Michigan and across our country. Recognizing that there are strong feelings on both sides, it is important for everyone to respect the judicial process and the decision today from the U.S. Supreme Court. Our state government will follow the law and our state agencies will make the necessary changes to ensure that we will fully comply.

“Let’s also recognize while this issue has stirred passionate debate, we now should focus on the values we share. With this matter now settled, as Michiganders we should move forward positively, embracing our state’s diversity and striving to treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.”

Eagerly expecting some pushback from places like TX and AL.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Um... what? :confused:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

this is going to be a fun couple weeks

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Save me jeebus posted:

Just in time to go to a mandatory gay wedding tomorrow. :)

I've got a straight wedding. I guess I'll have to be the one to break the news.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The One Tough Nerd(tm) issued a statement that means (hopefully) Michigan will retain her dignity during this monumentous time:

Eagerly expecting some pushback from places like TX and AL.

Snyder is acting like a human being? Color me shocked

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
The part that gets me about the Conservative tears is the belief that while they've lost in court they can win hearts and minds. Have they noticed the goddamn HISTORIC loss of support for SSM bans? I'm pretty sure you're losing hearts and minds faster than you are court cases.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the world is a wonderful place

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Hells yeah gay marriage!:getin:

Congrats to everyone, seriously. This is loving amazing, I'm so happy to see it finally happen.:toot:

So when's the wedding Nostalgia4Infinity?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I'm imagining him writing these sick burns ahead of time.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is a short video but Frannklin Graham posted a response in which he is saying this will be the demise and end of America

https://vimeo.com/131887721

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Oh yes please keep fighting this fight, and make sure you take every other Republican candidate down with you.:getin:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

fade5 posted:

Hells yeah gay marriage!:getin:

Congrats to everyone, seriously. This is loving amazing, I'm so happy to see it finally happen.:toot:

So when's the wedding Nostalgia4Infinity?

My phone has been blowing up with that exact same question all morning :)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It is a short video but Frannklin Graham posted a response in which he is saying this will be the demise and end of America

Conservative's have wet dreams about America engulfed in flames, but call it a nightmare when asked about it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
DOMA was struck down exactly two years ago today. Seriously, to the day: June 26th, 2013.

That escalated quickly :stare:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

quote:

I ... are very discouraged
Fire your speech writer.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I do wonder if this most recent ruling will spark a wave of LGBTQ conservatism as wealthier gay and lesbian people find that, without gay marriage as a wedge issue, they share more economic interests with Republicans. It will be interesting to see how the community changes because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm disappointed in myself a bit, as I know that I should only be happy today as human beings in the U.S. are finally afforded the same rights regardless of who they choose to love. However, I'm actually really, really enjoying watching the wing-nut assholes bawl their eyes out over this.

• Locked thread