Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
Hideo alt costume for Bison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Trykt posted:

what the gently caress is happening to his right hand

Arthritis strikes early.

But i'd gamble that someone was just trying to animate a still image and make his fingers move but didn't feel like/know how to redraw them properly.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
They're trying to animate a still image without redrawing anything, which is why it looks more like a flag flapping in the wind than an actual idle animation.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Capcom is going to have an SFV panel at Comic-Con http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/26/capcom-holding-street-fighter-v-panel-at-san-diego-comic-con-next-month/

Guess the new character reveal(s) will be at SDCC instead of evo.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
It's gonna be Blanka.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Eddain posted:

It's gonna be Blanka.

quote:

hijinks

Sounds about right.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

now that's just unreasonable

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Melty Blood is a gift of the universe.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

teagone posted:

Capcom is going to have an SFV panel at Comic-Con http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/26/capcom-holding-street-fighter-v-panel-at-san-diego-comic-con-next-month/

Guess the new character reveal(s) will be at SDCC instead of evo.

LOL @ that leaked character roster in the comments

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Junk posted:

LOL @ that leaked character roster in the comments

it's obviously bullshit, but i actually wouldn't be unhappy with any of that.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

The timeline doesn't make sense... GDC is in March so it's way before EVO and it doesn't make sense for capcom to do reveals there because it's not a consumer show

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

Synonamess Botch posted:

it's obviously bullshit, but i actually wouldn't be unhappy with any of that.

Most of it seems to be pretty standard street fighter fare. Juri though? Is she really that popular?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Juri's the most popular of the new characters and she's definitely got a significant enough following to be in another SF game.

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Juri's the most popular of the new characters and she's definitely got a significant enough following to be in another SF game.

Very cool then. Too bad comment leaks are taken with heaps of salt. Just waiting for the birdie nerf first...

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

burger time posted:

The timeline doesn't make sense... GDC is in March so it's way before EVO and it doesn't make sense for capcom to do reveals there because it's not a consumer show
There's a GDC in europe in august too, but I think he mistook it for Gamescom(any reveal there should reveal a german character anyway). But he also doesn't seem to know that DLC is also planned way in advance, so I'm not surprised.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Eddain posted:

It's gonna be Blanka.

But Charlie was already announced...

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Definitely getting this. Interested to learn more about this "Ryu" guy.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

She's also got the whole "first (and I think still only?) Street Fighter character to be South Korean or be based on Taekwondo" thing going for her.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Speaking of fighting styles, why isn't there a character that uses Zui Quan yet? That was the only good part of DoA5, the drunk dude...and all the boobs.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 27, 2015

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Speaking of fighting styles, why isn't there a character that uses Zui Quan yet? That was the only good part of DoA5, the drunk dude...and all the boobs.

Well chun li has half of that covered atleast

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Klades posted:

She's also got the whole "first (and I think still only?) Street Fighter character to be South Korean or be based on Taekwondo" thing going for her.

She was also very obviously influenced by SNK's TKD fighters, in that Capcom wanted someone who was completely different from those do-gooders.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Do we know whether or not SF5 will support PS3 fight sticks? Googled it and all I could find were articles saying Capcom was "looking in to it"

I don't want to have to buy another fight stick :(

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Definitely getting this. Interested to learn more about this "Ryu" guy.

HELLO FRIEND

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

cams posted:

Do we know whether or not SF5 will support PS3 fight sticks? Googled it and all I could find were articles saying Capcom was "looking in to it"

I don't want to have to buy another fight stick :(

Nothing confirmed as of yet as far as I know. If you are playing on PC it wouldnt matter though, thank god for that

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I have to imagine that it'll support PS3 sticks. They were using PS3 sticks at that SF5 setup at E3.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ashtarath posted:

Nothing confirmed as of yet as far as I know. If you are playing on PC it wouldnt matter though, thank god for that
Yeah, that was the plan, but I just got a PS4 so I'm at least gonna pre-order it on there so I can start playing the beta next month.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I have to imagine that it'll support PS3 sticks. They were using PS3 sticks at that SF5 setup at E3.

I thought they might have been but I wasnt sure

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
im fairly sure they said theyre gonna use the skullgirls drivers

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I distinctly remember the Razer guy (you know the one who had a dude solely there to help him hook it up) screwing around plugging his into the machine and hearing PS4 menu noises off screen. Razer doesn't make a PS3/4 stick, just 360/Xbone ones that also work on PC so I gotta assume SF5 is PC/PS3 stick compatible.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im fairly sure they said theyre gonna use the skullgirls drivers

That was for the USF4 port, I don't think they announced anything for SFV.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I only want to know if the brazilian girl is a grappler. I need a girl grappler, everything other announcement they make is just a waste of time.

And I don't want any loving retarded poo poo where she has a hat with muscular arms or whatever. I want HER to be doing the grappling and have a bodytype to match.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 27, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Cabbagepots posted:

I only want to know if the brazilian girl is a grappler. I need a girl grappler, everything other announcement they make is just a waste of time.

Same, I've been intrigued ever since I heard the description.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Cabbagepots posted:

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Isn't that girl like 5'5 and only 110 lbs or something? That's stupid.

Why don't they ever do a grappler girl who LOOKS like a drat grappler? At least 6'3 and 230 lbs as the bare loving minimum.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to agree with Cabbagepots for the first time in my life saying I want a grappler lady who is ripped as hell.

May this never happen again

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

She also needs giant boobs so she can smother her opponent with them.

EDIT: Actually, everyone needs huge boobs. Where's Bisons Psycho Breasts, huh Capcom?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Jack Trades posted:

She also needs giant boobs so she can smother her opponent with them.

Correct

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Lets get hakans wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Cabbagepots posted:

Why don't they ever do a grappler girl who LOOKS like a drat grappler? At least 6'3 and 230 lbs as the bare loving minimum.
Something Awful exclusive - Gabi Garcia confirmed for Street Fighter V.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread