Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

I've got libertarian people on Facebook who are all "hmm you know if you all would have voted for Ron Paul, the government wouldn't have been able to ban or support any kind of marriage so we would have had gay marriage 30 years ago. Checkmate :smug:"

Reply back with

Maybe. But I don't think the warm glow that gays got married sooner would counterbalance the daily struggle to ensure your family would survive on the 3 rats and 10 cockroches you managed to catch that day, amid the rape gangs and regular human corpse bonfires, of the collapsed economy he would have hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

What a load of poo poo Ron Paul was using homophobia to sell state's rights years ago. Tell your libertarian friend to loving kill himself and never to try and co-opt three gay rights movement again.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
So, how long do you suppose it'll be before mainstream conservatives (in both politics and religion) start trying to pretend that they never had a problem with gay marriage?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No comment neccesary

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cockmaster posted:

So, how long do you suppose it'll be before mainstream conservatives (in both politics and religion) start trying to pretend that they never had a problem with gay marriage?
I assume it's already started with some. Do you think either of the last two republican candidates has actually disliked gay people this decade?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yes.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I've been having a lot of fun reading youtube comments for once lately

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gay marriage is all about the banana cakes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If a cake talked to me I'd probably not throw it in the trash.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Scene: bpower is taking a banana cake out of the oven. John enters.

bpower: Hey banana cake, did you know John here is also a banana cake?
banana cake: Um, I'm pretty sure he's not a banana cake. I'd know.

bpower becomes enraged and throws banana cake in the trash. John slowly backs out of the room.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Somebody's salty he wasn't invited.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

A talking banana cake? Why that's a 1 out of 10 chance! That's 10 out of 100! Any way you slice it, that's pretty special.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Conservatives attacking Hillary for being against Gay Marriage until 2014. The last time Obama was asked and stated he opposed it was in 2009 or so wasn't it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bannana cake.

Bannanaannaannnaanana.

Banannannananaananananannana BATMAN!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Conservatives attacking Hillary for being against Gay Marriage until 2014. The last time Obama was asked and stated he opposed it was in 2009 or so wasn't it?

I hope the Rove strategy doesn't actually work this time. GOP candidates attacking anyone for ever being opposed to gay marriage cannot possibly work on any voter who hadn't already decided to pull the R lever. Right? :ohdear:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

YOU ARE A BANANA CAKE

*I am a carrot cake*

:ssj:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

YOU ARE A BANANA CAKE

*I am a carrot cake*

:ssj:

Agreed. Carrot cakes are disgusting.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Agreed. Carrot cakes are disgusting.
You take that back right now, You will have your gay bakery carrot cake and you will like it. :colbert:

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Okay I thought Obama was going to force everyone to gay marry now. Where is the man of my dreams Obama? :gbsmith:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

No comment neccesary

Oh, I don't know about that, I can think of a pretty good one.

Matthew 7:3-5 posted:

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

FAUXTON posted:

I don't know, I'd probably want that thing out of my house asap

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Using the bible to defend gays, prostitutes, and being non-white is seen as sacrilegious, and doesn't really convince fundies of much.

Chaos Sonic
Apr 5, 2007
It doesn't surprise me that Rick Snyder is saying he's all for it now. The man's flip-flopped the hell out on this issue.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Chaos Sonic posted:

It doesn't surprise me that Rick Snyder is saying he's all for it now. The man's flip-flopped the hell out on this issue.

Rick Snyder is a pragmatist. A union-busting corporatist weasel, but a pragmatic one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

James Dobson from Focus on the Family is calling for something drastic

quote:

Speaking now for our organization, Family Talk, I believe it is time for this nation to hold State Constitutional Conventions, which would allow certain provisions within the Constitution to be reaffirmed. Among these possibilities would be a provision to set term limits on judges and justices. Another clause would limit the scope of their power. Unelected, unaccountable judges would no longer override the other two co-equal branches of government. Finally, language would be inserted to restore what Abraham Lincoln referred to in his Gettysburg Address as government “of the people, by the people, and for the people.” Wouldn’t that be a novel idea in the 21st century?

The kids!

quote:

Soon, public school textbooks throughout the country will be re-written and re-illustrated to conform to today’s ruling. It matters not that these revisions will contradict the beliefs and convictions of their parents. It will soon become the law of the land.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/06/i-fear-judgment-befalling-america/

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
Soon, public school textbooks throughout the country will be re-written and re-illustrated to conform to today’s ruling. It matters not that these revisions will contradict the beliefs and convictions of their parents. It will soon become the law of the land.

It'd be freaking wonderful if they rewrote textbooks and such and forced everyone to adopt the new ones to reflect updated Supreme Court rulings. The ones I teach out of in my classroom are from 2005 (no exaggerating). Thank god for the gays!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

2015 will be the new "Trouble Ahead" chapter in history textbooks, except there are no history textbooks, just test materials written by the test makers.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

James Dobson from Focus on the Family is calling for something drastic

The kids!

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/06/i-fear-judgment-befalling-america/

lmao yeah a constitutional convention is def an obtainable thing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VaultAggie posted:

Such fantastic news, I'm so happy for this country, and all the gays out there. :3:. And the only people opposing it on my facebook feed are the mormons, but no surprise there. I saw these two links posted in response to the news.
https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&cid=PA0414-02
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/04/14899/

quote:

Many of us struggle with our own sexuality and sense of gender because of the influences in our household environments growing up.

:ironicat:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

a huge part of the Republican base thinks their leaders are a bunch of big gay rhinos for not literally burning the country to the ground in opposition to stuff like this

You'd be surprised. The republican base is actually quite aware that the GOP sees them as nothing more than a useful tool used to be used in the service of big industry.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Revisionism begins.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

We don't think these judges are following the spirit of the law from 250 years ago! Let's change the law from 250 years ago!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:ironicat:

Reminder, this is the guy who thought the newer Freedom of Religion Acts would have no effect on service to gays.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Religion inspired a beautiful eulogy by the President of the United States, for everyone else it is a tool at best.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's day 2 and the tears are still incredibly delicious.

Now that the initial outcry is over, we can distill the tears of the extreme bigots. Those are, in fact, the tastiest tears. Pure, unadulterated, hate-filled tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS9h9VtdZZ4

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yesssssss

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man, FBI/NSA/DHS or whoever handles the low hanging fruit of monitoring flagrantly treasonous things and outright death threats against the president/SCOTUS must be having a crazy weekend

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The one thing that Andrew Jackson had a good idea about was how to treat people who moved towards nullification/secession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I am eagerly awaiting my mandatory girlfriend wife.

• Locked thread