Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Hadlock posted:

I would poo poo my pants if we got Oasis from BFBC2, and/or Valiparasio. Valiparasio was the loving best map :allears:
I forgot everything about BC2 except some random jungle map where I kept getting routinely beaten to poo poo and spawncamped (literally getting killed a split second after spawning by a dude standing behind and staring at the spawn points) and lo and behold, there it is. Valparaiso can kiss my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The new map(just one) is Dragon Valley. I really think a BF2 city map would have been better.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

fknlo posted:

The new map(just one) is Dragon Valley. I really think a BF2 city map would have been better.

Yea, was really hoping for Mashtuur city or something :(

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

fknlo posted:

It's free, which is really cool, but I can't help but feel the impression they gave was that they'd do a full DLC pack of old maps (four).

Oh well. :sigh:

I was hoping for mashuur or jalalabad.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snuffman posted:

It's free, which is really cool, but I can't help but feel the impression they gave was that they'd do a full DLC pack of old maps (four).

It seems like most people were under that impression.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hadlock posted:

I would poo poo my pants if we got Oasis from BFBC2, and/or Valiparasio. Valiparasio was the loving best map :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgS0X9HuLiQ

With some expansion to the sides, Valiparasio and Arica Harbour would make for some pretty good conquest maps.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I sort of miss BF games with a lot of different factions and team-sided default loadouts like in SF. Hardline tried to do it, but I guess people today don't enjoy asymmetry because that was a pretty big complaint (even though it's possible to obtain the other team's weapons eventually, unlike in BF2/SF where you had the default loadout then identical upgrades).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

With some expansion to the sides, Valiparasio and Arica Harbour would make for some pretty good conquest maps.

Arica Harbor :swoon:
It's like a better version of Gulf of Oman

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hadlock posted:

Arica Harbor :swoon:
It's like a better version of Gulf of Oman

Man, I loved how wrecked the town could get on that map. By the end of a match, it'd look like a warzone.

Shame Dice dialled back "levelution" so much in BF4.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Arica Harbor with 250-300 tickets was also one of the best modern TDM maps I've ever played. With a higher ticket count you'll eventually level everything. Rush was a blast once you were past the first two set of MCOMs (gently caress attacking the military base with a lot of emtpy space).

Edit: How to forget Panama Canal, that map was awesome on all gamemodes.

I'd love to play again BC2 but without the lovely ingame server browser and with Battlelog.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 23, 2015

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There is a area in dragons valley in the no go zone that looks a little like Nosehair Canals.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Sandweed posted:

There is a area in dragons valley in the no go zone that looks a little like Nosehair Canals.

They should just make that the TDM area.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Just bring all the BFBC2 maps. There are no bad ones, just ones whiney nerds say are bad because they suck at the game and can't play the map. Port Valdez best map.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sandweed posted:

Nosehair was a fun map (especially with a rush Tunguska)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Tweak the first MCOM area in a lot of them and the maps were great.

Buttmeister posted:

Just bring all the BFBC2 maps. There are no bad ones, just ones whiney nerds say are bad because they suck at the game and can't play the map. Port Valdez best map.
Playing against a group of people who knew how to defend Valdez' first MCOMs properly was just maddening.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

BC2 maps owned because they were all just 3 points in a row with some buildings on one side so they were really easy for DICE to poo poo out a bunch of them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BC2 also had a smaller player count so that counted towards easier map making. Is easier to make a map for 24 players (console limit if I'm not mistaken) and play it on PC with 32 wich isn't much of an impact, than trying to map for 64 players on PC.

What worked for BC2 was the lack of aircraft (just an attack chopper), less weapon customization and gadgets and way way more unique class mechanics, like engineers having all their weapons suppressed or assault being the ammo guys instead of having LMGs.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

So is Battlefield Hardline dead?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Olive Branch posted:

Unfortunately pretty much.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Tweak the first MCOM area in a lot of them and the maps were great.
Playing against a group of people who knew how to defend Valdez' first MCOMs properly was just maddening.

That's kind of my thing with BC2 Rush maps too. Pretty much all of them were actually really good and fun (as attacker) if you could get through the meat grinder of the first set of MCOMs. Port Valdez, Val-whatever, Isla Innocentes, Arica Harbour. Once you get past that first pair the next zones generally have a whole lot more options and cover for the attacker to use, as long as they don't blindly run toward the bullets.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Olive Branch posted:

There's almost as many people playing BFBC2 (2010) as there are Hardline (2015). If you look at the numbers hardline has about 10% of the peak player population (3200) of BF4 (27,000)

http://bf4stats.com/
http://bfhstats.com/

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Whoop, who else got an invite?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Not me. Welp.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Did you buy Hardline?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

aqu posted:

Did you buy Hardline?

Less of this kind of cruel slandering of innocent internet forum users, please

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Ask Customer Support for a beta invite. It worked for Titanfall (unfortunately).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Did you get an email notification or did it just show up in your games tab?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/alpha

:negative:

I know there's at least two goons here who work for :dice:, throw me a bone here

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

aqu posted:

Did you buy Hardline?

Has nothing to do with it, sadly. I have Hardline Deluxe + Premium and don't have access.

Also they must have literally given out all of the codes in 30 minutes or something. Same thing happened with Hardline, and the day after they made it an open test.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 27, 2015

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Exclusive closed alphas are a great way to drum up hype for free, then open up the test to everyone a couple days later and load test the game servers.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sandweed posted:

Hey guys. Hey. DICE just confirmed this.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Just applied for Battlefront using the link on this page; game showed up in Origin almost instantly after a restart.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I did buy Hardline...

But it was just an email saying click here to apply for the alpha. I clicked within a minute of the email arriving. It said that if you got in, it would show up in your Origin. I checked, and it was there. The last date to sign up was marked as June 30. Maybe they are opening the registration a few hours at a time.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So what the hell do I buy if I want to play BF4 and all of it's expansions? My simple monkey brain cannot differentiate between the many versions. Note that I do not care about like XP boosts and free hats and poo poo, just the game conent.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

So what the hell do I buy if I want to play BF4 and all of it's expansions? My simple monkey brain cannot differentiate between the many versions. Note that I do not care about like XP boosts and free hats and poo poo, just the game conent.

You buy the Battlefield 4 Premium Edition.

Do not buy Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe

Do not buy Battlefield 4 Premium Membership

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition has the game and all the DLC.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

You buy the Battlefield 4 Premium Edition.

Do not buy Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe

Do not buy Battlefield 4 Premium Membership

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition has the game and all the DLC.

Groovy, thanks. Does it ever go on sale?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Groovy, thanks. Does it ever go on sale?

Sometimes, yeah. I think it was on sale during the Steam sale that ended last week (EA ran an opposing sale on Origin), but it's like under $50 for it right now, which is ten dollars less than the base game and premium.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I do not own hardline but was sent an email invite for Battlefront and successfully registered :confused:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
So someone on the internet claims to have seen a battlefield 2143 trailer and snuck some photos of it

http://imgur.com/a/6IXtK

Could easily just be bs, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bohemian Nights posted:

So someone on the internet claims to have seen a battlefield 2143 trailer and snuck some photos of it

http://imgur.com/a/6IXtK

Could easily just be bs, tho

Even if it were real, they'd find some way to gently caress it up.

• Locked thread