Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Quantrill posted:

...is this real? Please tell me it's real! Also, I ran a Geny Cream Ale scheme in iRacing
Genny light sponsored the 32 last year, and Nemechek before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Genny light sponsored the 32 last year, and Nemechek before that.

I guess I never noticed it before. I'm a failure.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
No one recognized the mod driver talking to Troyer :(

e- skip to 4 minutes in when he's at Arby's

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 28, 2015

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
It's race day in Sonoma, bitches! :getin:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Exi7wound posted:

It's race day in Sonoma, bitches! :getin:

LET'S DO THIS

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Did michael waltrip just suggest nascar should add Mosport to the sprint calendar :getin:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Basticle posted:

Did michael waltrip just suggest nascar should add Mosport to the sprint calendar :getin:

A correct opinion on something? cool.

I agree. Dump 2 of the dumb 1.5 mile cookie cutters and run Montreal as well plz.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ARCA, Winchester, CBSSN. Live now.

On the call, Rick Benjamin, Jim Tretow, and Spencer Gallagher.

e- I expect nothing less than the Top 6 all being taken out in one wreck like at Toledo, with 6th place spinning and collecting the guy in 2nd who slowed.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 28, 2015

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

ARCA, Winchester, CBSSN. Live now.

On the call, Rick Benjamin, Jim Tretow, and Spencer Gallagher.

e- I expect nothing less than the Top 6 all being taken out in one wreck like at Toledo, with 6th place spinning and collecting the guy in 2nd who slowed.

We're even slowly taking over tv too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

"It's tough to pass judgment on what happened there" no it's not Mikey, Ragan dumped him.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

First race I've watched since Daytona. Road racing is the only thing watchable about NASCAR anymore.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
For sale 1 axle and tire barely used

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's a hell of a way to lose a wheel

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

thats not something you see everyday :stare:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please someone who's not Jimmie win this.

(they won't)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Never seen that before, that is nuts

e: lol get hosed JJ

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

Never seen that before, that is nuts

e: lol get hosed JJ

He's still gonna win, too many guys stayed out

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kidcoelacanth posted:

He's still gonna win, too many guys stayed out

Yea, saw only 2 at first. 5 or 6 stayed out

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'd imagine the 1, 24, 17, and 20 have fresher tires than the 48 as well, but obviously nowhere near as new as the 15 and on back.

Also, Matt Dibenidetto got punted by the cleanup truck. :laffo:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

nm, Kyle was fast as gently caress. Thought he might punt JJ

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

jj's tires are way cooked but kybu is a good car driving man too

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gently caress Kyle and Clint, GO KURT.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Glad Jimmie didn't win and good for Kyle, but man I really hope he doesn't make the Chase and make it even more of a farce.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Glad Jimmie didn't win and good for Kyle, but man I really hope he doesn't make the Chase and make it even more of a farce.

Unofficially 136 points behind 30th with the win today.

On a related note, Kurt Busch is 10th in points despite missing three races.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Glad that Fox Sports Go! is continuing the trend of saying "gently caress ARE TROOPS" and not allowing me to watch this on their vaunted app, nor even having it listed as a viewing option on their app. Fan friendly entertainment here

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kidcoelacanth posted:

The fact that someone can miss a third of the season without it significantly affecting their chances of winning the championship means that it already is a farce far above Kyle Busch's poor power to add or detract.

Kyle Busch winning the Cup with this one win would be 10 times better than if Ryan Newman had won winless last season.

Fake Edit: I just unironically typed "won winless."

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

colepearncolepearncolepearn

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

FOX and NASCAR are both treating it as if he's already in. Their weekly infographic has him penciled in as the 11th seed.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Good God almighty I'm whipped. In the garage at 7am, Finally off the track around 4. It was easily 95 degrees on-track. Shot nearly 100 pictures and a handful of videos. Soaked through my shirt and hat. Went through at least 3 liters of water and I'm still dehydrated.

Never did see you, Brock!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

FOX and NASCAR are both treating it as if he's already in. Their weekly infographic has him penciled in as the 11th seed.

Two joke organizations.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Exi7wound posted:

Good God almighty I'm whipped. In the garage at 7am, Finally off the track around 4. It was easily 95 degrees on-track. Shot nearly 100 pictures and a handful of videos. Soaked through my shirt and hat. Went through at least 3 liters of water and I'm still dehydrated.

Never did see you, Brock!

I was wondering where you were, too! On Sunday, I was in the media center and garage area all day. Wanted to make my way up to Turn 2, but the race wound up too fast. It's probably best we didn't meet anyway - I sounded like death because of this cold I've been fighting all week. I barely squeaked my way through the interviews I attempted. :smith: I hope you had a good time this weekend, though, and I hope we'll have another chance under better circumstances.

I was in #irc, too, sharing the pics I was getting of all the wrecked cars. I'm planning on posting more when I finish my LASTCAR article tomorrow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Second-Half NASCAR on TV/Radio Effortpost

NASCAR on FOX has Boogitied for the last time this season, which means we enter a new era by going Back to the Future. So, I'll put my copy/paste skills to the test. Here comes:

-

NBC is your home for the second half of the Cup and Xfinity seasons the rest of this year and every year between now and 2024 unless NBC has an out-clause in their contract if ratings dip too low. How's this going to shape up in terms of talent?

Sprint Cup:
Booth- Rick Allen, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte
Pits- Dave Burns, Mike Massaro, Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast
Hosts- Krista Voda, Kyle Petty, Dale Jarrett (selected races)

Allen Bestwick said on the Awful Announcing podcast that he was offered the gig and declined because ESPN offered him a more diverse package of sports to work, including golf, tennis, basketball, football, and the Indy 500. So they picked up former CWTS PBP voice Rick Allen. Taking a new direction with color analysts, Jeff Burton and former Jeff Gordon/Dale Jr crew chief Steve Letarte will get the call. I've heard these guys a few times doing K&N. They leave a lot to be desired.

Dave Burns and Mike Massaro come over from ESPN. Burns was on NBC the first time around, as was Marty Snider. Kelli Stavast used to do sports cars on SPEED & is an IndyCar pit reporter.

NBC's pre- and post-race hosts will be Krista Voda (ex-FOX), Kyle Petty, and Dale Jarrett, who will work select races.

Xfinity B-team (non-companion events):
Booth- Leigh Diffey, ?
Pits- ?

NBCSN will need a B-team for a handful of non-companion Xfinity races in their half of the season (Iowa, Mid-Ohio, Road America, Kentucky). Leigh Diffey will call "6 to 7 NASCAR weekends" per Twitter. Where they go with color analysts remains to be seen.

K&N East/West:
Booth- Rick Allen/Dave Burns, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte OR Ralph Sheheen, Frank Stoddard, Parker Kligerman
Pits- Derek Pernesiglio

Whelen Modifieds:
Booth- Ralph Sheheen, Ray Evernham
Pits- Derek Pernesiglio

One nice thing about NBC is their ever-growing racin' portfolio, which includes tape-delayed K&N and Modified races, aired usually during the week following the date they actually ran. Sonoma will be on NBCSN this Wednesday (I think). Sheheen and Evernham were hired to cover Modified races for NBCSN in April.

We're not totally done with FOX, though:

-

Trucks (Steve Byrnes Appreciation Station):
Booth- Mike Joy/Adam Alexander/Brian Till/Ralph Sheheen, Phil Parsons, Michael Waltrip/Todd Bodine
Pits- Hermie Sadler, Kaitlyn Vincie/Vince Welch/Matt Yocum (rotating)

Steve Byrnes was to be the lead announcer on the CWTS broadcasts had he been able to return, but we lost him in April. Joy, Alexander (who replaced Rick Allen last year), Brian Till, and Ralph Sheheen have taken turns at the mic. Figuring it'll be Alexander's game the rest of the year. Todd Bodine does Color for some tripleheader weekends in place of Waltrip.

Hermie Sadler is the only permanent pit reporter. Bob Dillner and Ray Dunlap are gone. Welch, Yocum, and Kaitlyn Vincie will tap in.

ARCA:
Booth- Adam Alexander/Ray Dunlap, Phil Parsons, Justin Allgaier
Pits- Ray Dunlap/Matt Yocum, Jim Tretow

Here's where Ray Dunlap ended up. Tretow used to do driver intros at Daytona.

CBS has live racing again!

ARCA:
Booth- Ray Dunlap/Rick Benjamin, Jim Tretow, Spencer Gallagher (Winchester)
Pits- Kristin Beat

Everybody's favorite stock car series, LOL ARCA, will air three times on CBS Sports Network in addition to a smattering of races on FS1/2. Toledo was the first (and I totally forgot when I made this post). They also showed Winchester (June 28th, might re-air this week). Springfield (August 23rd, on :siren: DIRT :siren:) will be their last race of the year.
__
Wally Dallenbach does pre/post-race studio shows on FS1. Rusty Wallace is working select races for MRN. Allen Bestwick, Ricky Craven, Dr. Jerry Punch, Shannon Spake, Brad Daugherty, and Nicole Briscoe all remain with ESPN in various capacities.
__
NASCAR on Radio

The Motor Racing Network (MRN) is the ISC-owned NASCAR radio network. They're by far the best on radio and cover:
a) Sprint Cup and Xfinity races on ISC tracks and independent, non-ISC or SMI tracks (retains All-Star Race rights at Charlotte in spite of it being SMI).
b) All Truck races regardless of venue.
c) All Tudor United SportsCar races

They also have NASCAR Live, a weekly call-in show hosted by Eli Gold, and several online-only radio shows covering NASCAR, sports cars, WoO, and drag racing.

Search here for the affiliate nearest you: http://www.mrn.com

Performance Racing Network (PRN) is SMI's radio network covering Sprint Cup and Xfinity races on Speedway Motorsports, Inc's tracks (Atlanta, Bristol, Charlotte, Las Vegas, New Hampshire, Sonoma, Texas). PRN has a couple weekly, syndicated radio shows for your listening pleasure.

Info: http://www.goprn.com

Can't find the Brickyard 400? There's a third, oft-forgotten radio partner in NASCAR. This is The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network and, as you might expect, they cover the Brickyard 400 weekend only. IMS broadcasts seem to be done in partnership with PRN, often featuring a mix of IMS voices and PRN on-air talent.

If you're insane enough to pay for radio, SiriusXM Channel 90 is NASCAR Radio. SXM has all races live (and has selected driver audio feeds on bonus channels) and, in addition, has a slate of daily programming related to NASCAR, which is as follows:

7AM-11AM- The Morning Drive (Mike Bagley/Pete Pistone). Never heard it.
11AM-3PM- Tradin' Paint (Jim Noble/Chocolate Myers). Jim Noble is an excellent host and sometimes dares to argue some things in NASCAR aren't great. Chocolate Myers has Steve O'Donnell next to him with a gun to his head forcing him to tell Noble and you why he's/you're wrong.
3PM-7PM- SiriusXM Speedway (Dave Moody). Hear MRN's Dave Moody tell listeners how awesome things are in NASCAR these days! Disagree? You're probably an idiot and here's why you're wrong. (Moody does deal with a massive number of morons on this show, to be fair.)
7PM-10PM (Mon, Tues)- Late Shift (Brad Gillie/Buddy Baker). This show's usually pretty good but I don't hear it often.
7PM-10PM (Wed-Fri)- Dialed In With Claire B. Lang.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 30, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
SiriusXM is where to go if you want to listen to Facebook group posts read aloud.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

We should do a new thread for summer probably. All that info would be good in there. This is not me volunteering to do it because I don't feel like it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

We should do a new thread for summer probably. All that info would be good in there. This is not me volunteering to do it because I don't feel like it

I'll get it going in the next couple days.

e- Somebody had a really good idea for a thread title and I can't remember if it was in IRC or in the thread.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 29, 2015

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Was it this?

Harveygod posted:

NASCAR 2015: We don't actually watch NASCAR.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Harveygod posted:

Was it this?

This indeed. I even turned Sears Point off yesterday, it was so dire.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Well I enjoyed it. :colbert:

I've just posted my Sears Point wrap-up articles on LASTCAR with lots of driver quotes. More pictures on my Twitter, too, including the bottom five:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NBCSN is airing the 2004 Ford 400, 2002 Brickyard 400, 2005 Subway 500, and 2001 Pepsi 400 (in that order) this week Monday-Thursday at 7PM Eastern as part of a NASCAR on NBC Classics countdown to their return.

Can't believe the 2004 Daytona 500 isn't in there for Junior Nation. The 2005 Subway 500 is an interesting choice because there's really no other reason for it than Jeff Gordon nostalgia; it was the one high point for Jeff Gordon fans in 2005 after he won Talladega in May. The Summer of 2005 was an awful time to be a Jeff Gordon fan.

...come to think of it, it was also Steve Letarte's first career win as a crew chief.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Woot woot. Will be awesome since i just got tv again after a 2 month temporary move kept me of the grid.

• Locked thread