Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Thump! posted:

:3: What a delightful palate cleanser.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This coming from a dude who, when we lived together, had trouble getting all of his poo poo into the toilet bowl and not on the seat :allears:

:barf:
Not to get off topic, but... how the gently caress... :psyduck:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

And it's still bullshit on its face, because gay couples can have children, whether through surrogates or IVF.

And parthenogenesis if you want to go all evil science route :twisted:

Didn't anyone else see that documentary Junior?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

jivjov posted:

"or those who just choose to never have children?"

My poor-as-poo poo grandmother actually got poo poo from the local priest for suspiciously no longer having children after #9 (because she was on the pill; 9 back-to-back pregnancies has a way of making you never ever ever wanting to do it again).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I've had people cite literal biblical miracles and Genesis 17: 16-17 in particular as proof of why that's ok. No, really.

"Are you saying God can't give a gay dude butt babies if he wanted to?"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Louisiana State Senator, David Vitter after the Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hahaha the whole Chik-fil-a thing has kind of lost its sting. "Oh you can get married in all 50 states? LOOK AT THIS THOUGH" *bites into sandwich*

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Louisiana State Senator, David Vitter after the Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage

loving :lol:

>stuffs mouth full of processed fried chicken

"Take that faggots"

>sprays half chewed food all over dash in the process

>weeps bitter bitter tears

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Catholic Voters have released a video called #Notalone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PPk2NOQXs

It's deceiving on a level I've not seen

Are they trying to make people go back to hating Catholics? Because it wasn't that long ago that certain people said we can't let a Catholic into the White House because he'd be more loyal to The Pope than to the American People or even that you couldn't go a year without a Priest abusing children.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:siren: A GAY HORCRUX! GAY FRIENDS, DO NOT LOOK YOU'LL MELT! :siren:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Hahaha the whole Chik-fil-a thing has kind of lost its sting. "Oh you can get married in all 50 states? LOOK AT THIS THOUGH" *bites into sandwich*

What does fast food have to do with gay marriage?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Good thing there's Obamacare to help him pay for statins and heart surgery!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

OwlFancier posted:

"Are you saying God can't give a gay dude butt babies if he wanted to?"

Curiously, the person I was talking to seemed to know pretty well what God could or would do, and wouldn't you just know it, it synched up with their own far-right social ideology one more or less a 1 to 1 basis! What an amazing coincidence, I think you'll all agree.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

And it's still bullshit on its face, because gay couples can have children, whether through surrogates or IVF.

And parthenogenesis if you want to go all evil science route :twisted:

Eh, most of them specifically mention "creating a child through the Union of their bodies" or some poo poo, so I guess to conservatives, children who come about with science assistance just don't count.

I wonder how they feel about adoption...(hehe I'm adopted. So maybe the conservatives think I shouldn't have existed at all?)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Good thing there's Obamacare to help him pay for statins and heart surgery!

Also choosing Chick Fil A when you have a Popeyes right next to you

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

OwlFancier posted:

The fine folks running Chick-fil-a are pretty historically conservative as all hell. There was a huge movement to eat at chick-fil-a solely to spite some state legalizing gay marriage a while back..i remember a delightful news story about a gay teen running a register there who doodled "your sandwich was made by a gay man" or some such on some receipts.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Chik Fil A had this "christian and proud!" company values PR thing going on for a while, including blatant homophobia, that the vast majority of their customers just didn't give a poo poo about, alienated some customers, and spurred a select, glorious few to explicitly patronize Chik Fil A and post smug-rear end photos of themselves eating it to stick it to all of those dumb libtards.

e: this was like years ago though so :laugh: at someone posting a chik fil a pic now.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

COO of Chick-fil-A has given a lot of money to anti-gay organizations and in an interview pretty much said "yes, I'm for the traditional definition of a family" and the public on both sides just kind of ran with it and ordering from Chick-fil-A was a legitimate "spite the gays" action that many conservatives took.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

alnilam posted:

Chik Fil A had this "christian and proud!" company values PR thing going on for a while, including blatant homophobia, that the vast majority of their customers just didn't give a poo poo about, alienated some customers, and spurred a select, glorious few to explicitly patronize Chik Fil A and post smug-rear end photos of themselves eating it to stick it to all of those dumb libtards.

Among them, I might point out, were such conservative luminaries as political cartoonist and domestic abuse aficionado Mike Lester.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

His chicken is flavored with bitter tears of rage and dismay.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is sort of understandable then I guess but very odd.

Maybe fast food burgers taste better with spite?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Area News: Salty man eats salty fast food.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Among them, I might point out, were such conservative luminaries as political cartoonist and domestic abuse aficionado Mike Lester.

Don't forget noted rear end in a top hat Glenn McCoy!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

You ever been super, super mad about something, and then taking an angry bite out of some nasty greasy fast food thing? It's heavenly, it's like hate-loving with your mouth, in public.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Fixed. Also, I really liked this reply to his tweet:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

You ever been super, super mad about something, and then taking an angry bite out of some nasty greasy fast food thing? It's heavenly, it's like hate-loving with your mouth, in public.

My best fast food meals were several Taco Bell burritos and gordidas after a bad test in college. Of course, the waking up at 3am unable to sleep because my stomach is on fire never persuaded me to stop doing it, for some reason.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

To be fair, a lot of folks on my feed were like, "Hey, since Chik-fil-A pretty much lost this battle, I don't have to boycott them anymore!"

Not me. gently caress that place. Unhealthy food AND supporters of ignorance and hatred. My boycott will never die until they apologize and fund a transition home for LGBT youth.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

seiferguy posted:

Don't forget noted rear end in a top hat Glenn McCoy!

This reads like parody.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The Macaroni posted:

To be fair, a lot of folks on my feed were like, "Hey, since Chik-fil-A pretty much lost this battle, I don't have to boycott them anymore!"

Not me. gently caress that place. Unhealthy food AND supporters of ignorance and hatred. My boycott will never die until they apologize and fund a transition home for LGBT youth.

You're sure showing them.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You're sure showing them.

May as well never boycott anything ever?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

OwlFancier posted:

It must - though the spite does cut both ways :xd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

War Wizard posted:

May as well never boycott anything ever?

TBH: ChicFilA, despite their public smugness, backpedaled on almost all of the groups they funded. I'm sure they are privately funding some pretty reprehensible groups, but for the most part they backtracked really quickly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IronicDongz posted:

This reads like parody.

Everything Glenn McCoy draws is 100% his belief. If you want parody, read Kelly (Ward Sutton) from The Onion.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Boycotting fast food is the easiest thing because it's terrible

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Not eating at CFA isn't a monumental task or anything like that. Even if it's a minor net good, the effort involved is also minimal.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What about my kids, how can I explain the mandatory gay weddings!

quote:

With the Supreme Court decision last week legalizing same-sex marriage in the United States, some Christian parents wonder how they ought to explain all of this to their small children. So how does one teach about the law and the controversy, without exposing one’s children to more than they can handle?

First of all, make no mistake: you should talk to your children about this. No matter how you shelter your family, keeping your children from knowing about the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage would take a “Truman Show”-level choreography of their lives. That’s not realistic, nor is it particularly Christian.

The Bible isn’t nearly as antiseptic as Christians sometimes pretend to be, and it certainly doesn’t shirk back from addressing all the complexities of human life. If we are discipling our children, let’s apply the Scriptures to all of life. If we refuse to talk to our children about the reality of the world they live in, our children will assume we are unequipped to speak to it, and they’ll eventually search out a worldview that will.

This doesn’t mean that we rattle our children with information they aren’t developmentally ready to process. But we know how to navigate that already. We talk, for instance, about marriage itself, and we give age-appropriate answers to the “Where do babies come from?” query. The same is true here. There is no need to inform small children about all the sexual possibilities in graphic detail in order to get across that Jesus calls us to live as husbands and wives with fidelity and permanence and complementarity.

Some parents believe that teaching their children the controversies about same-sex marriage will promote homosexuality. Christians and non-Christians can agree that sexual orientation doesn’t work that way. Moreover, the exact opposite is true. If you don’t teach your children about a Christian way of viewing the challenges to a Christian sexual ethic, the ambient culture–which is now codified in our legal system– will fill in your silence with answers of its own.

You can explain to your children what the Bible teaches, from Genesis to Jesus to the apostles, about a man and a woman becoming one-flesh. You can explain that as Christians we believe this marital relationship is different than other relationships we have. You can then tell them that some people have relationships they want to be seen as marriages, and that the Supreme Court agreed with them, but that we as Christians cannot.

You can then explain that you love your neighbors who disagree with you on this. You agree that they ought to be free from mistreatment or harassment. But the church believes government can’t actually define or redefine marriage, but can only recognize what God created and placed in creation. Explain why you think mothers and fathers are different, and why those differences are good. Find examples in your own family of how those differences work together for the common good of the household, and point to examples in Scripture of the same.

Don’t ridicule or express hostility toward those who disagree. Don’t give into panic or rage about the country. You might have gay or lesbian family members; be sure to express your love for them to your children, even as you say that you disagree about God’s design for marriage. You probably have already had to do that with family members or friends who are divorced or cohabiting or some other situation that falls short of a Christian sexual ethic. If your children see outrage in you, rather than a measured and Christlike biblical conviction, they eventually will classify your convictions here in the same category as your clueless opinions about “kids these days and their loud music.”

The issues at stake are more important than that. Marriage isn’t ultimately about living arrangements or political structures, but about the gospel. When your children ask about the Supreme Court, be loving and winsome and honest and convictional and kind.

http://www.russellmoore.com/2015/06/29/how-should-you-talk-to-your-children-about-same-sex-marriage/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That seems dangerously intelligent and sane.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJ_sDRRVVI

"I don't know, it's your lovely kid. How is that anyone else's problem?"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

That's actually good advice :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Who can forget the Chick Fil A video of everyone inside singing God Bless America

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nF00qCIGe04

• Locked thread