Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm having "OH SO THAT'S HOW I GET THAT RIDDLER TROPHY" epiphanies while showering again. Haven't since City.

It feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Welp, my save file is hosed. Wandered into a weapon cache trying to finish all the firemen, but since I haven't been told about it yet, I can't blow it up, nor will the door I entered from open. Restarting just drops me right back inside. :thumbsup:

The game automatically made backup saves for you

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

ImpAtom posted:

I like Arkham Knight but it honestly seems worse about that than any other game in the franchise. I guess it's partially due to the size but stuff like the Airship bug sort of put the problems in the previous games to shame.

At least they can patch away on it.

I'm more willing to forgive AK for being slightly buggy because of pushing technology than I was willing to forgive AO for being buggy for... I dunno, lack of time? Lack of inspiration? Also, playing on console, AO crashed about 3x more than AK did, so that's a thing.

But I'm one of those weirdos who likes City better than Asylum so maybe I have bat problems

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 30, 2015

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Saint Freak posted:

The game automatically made backup saves for you

I just found them and have got it rolled back to a good spot. Hopefully they patch that area out, that shouldn't happen.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I like Arkham Knight but it honestly seems worse about that than any other game in the franchise. I guess it's partially due to the size but stuff like the Airship bug sort of put the problems in the previous games to shame.

At least they can patch away on it.

I'm in the camp that preferred Asylum over City, and I crazy enjoyed Knight. Asylum is still my favorite, but I think this game did a much better job than City of capitalizing on the open world in order to offset the game design problems it introduces (like being able to R1 myself a mile away in an instant if a fight isn't going my way). But I don't blame anyone who holds a grudge against Knight for forcing them to abandon a 50% complete game or whatever. I consider myself very lucky to have not run into a showstopper bug.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

I'm in the camp that preferred Asylum over City, and I crazy enjoyed Knight. Asylum is still my favorite, but I think this game did a much better job than City of capitalizing on the open world in order to offset the game design problems it introduces (like being able to R1 myself a mile away in an instant if a fight isn't going my way). But I don't blame anyone who holds a grudge against Knight for forcing them to abandon a 50% complete game or whatever. I consider myself very lucky to have not run into a showstopper bug.

I think City is still my favorite. I suppose it's a testament to the franchise's strength that it has multiple games that people can totally reasonably consider their favorites and none that are worse than "not as good as it should be." Even if you toss Origins in there that's still an absurdly good run int his day and age where the closest I can think of to a franchise with that consistent level of quality over multiple games is like From Software's Soul franchise.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Multi-batarangs might make things easier with some trophies, but you definitely do not need them. I thought you needed a 5x fear takedown to take out the 5 riddler bots in the movie studio, but the other day I saw a video of a guy doing it with just the 3x takedown and being really fast. They did a pretty good job of giving you multiple ways to deal with some of the riddler trophies. You definitely need to have all your gadgets but I don't think any one gadget upgrade is actually required for anything except a couple of the AR challenges.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I can't figure out these stupid sonar-activated follow-the-path-Riddler trophies for some reason. They always seem to lead up to a point where I either have to get out of the car or go the long way around in the car or make a jump in the car and then at the other side, there's no trace of the drat path or the drat trophy!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It seems the consensus is that the Ps4 version is the best game in the series, and the PC version is the worst. That about right?

acksplode posted:

You definitely need to upgrade multi-batarang to 3 batarangs in order to solve at least one puzzle that I stumbled across in the airships, at a time when I only had a measly 2 batarangs.
Like I said, you don't need to upgrade for that one. You don't need to hit all 5 signs in one sequence, just hit all of them while you're standing on the switch. The toughest one will be the 5th, but if you get that with the remote Batarang, you'll be fine.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

OnimaruXLR posted:

I can't figure out these stupid sonar-activated follow-the-path-Riddler trophies for some reason. They always seem to lead up to a point where I either have to get out of the car or go the long way around in the car or make a jump in the car and then at the other side, there's no trace of the drat path or the drat trophy!

you have to follow wherever the question marks go, no matter where they lead you. if it goes to the top of a bridge or something just go up and find where the question marks lead. You have to do it really fast though because they fade over time. It's really dumb but it's possible.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

It seems the consensus is that the Ps4 version is the best game in the series, and the PC version is the worst. That about right?

Like I said, you don't need to upgrade for that one. You don't need to hit all 5 signs in one sequence, just hit all of them while you're standing on the switch. The toughest one will be the 5th, but if you get that with the remote Batarang, you'll be fine.

I think we're talking about different puzzles. The one I remember was very simple: three question mark switches in a row, and you had to activate all three simultaneously to get the trophy. I definitely sat there for a minute, trying to hit 2 and quickly follow up with the last, but as soon as you hit one switch, the rest would deactivate. They need to be triggered at the exact same moment.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

You can use a custom way point on the map during these challenges, and it helps a lot. Especially the one in founders island that goes through the manhole.

acksplode posted:

I think we're talking about different puzzles. The one I remember was very simple: three question mark switches in a row, and you had to activate all three simultaneously to get the trophy. I definitely sat there for a minute, trying to hit 2 and quickly follow up with the last, but as soon as you hit one switch, the rest would deactivate. They need to be triggered at the exact same moment.

I'm almost positive you can just do the rapid fire batarangs for this one.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I like how one of the whiteboards in GCPD has shifts listed for Reneé Montoya, Harvey Bullock, and John Jones. I'm glad this thread told me to go back to GCPD periodically. It's cool seeing all the little changes.

What the gently caress, John? Batman coulda used some Martian backup.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Do you not get XP for riddler trophies? Cuz that's some bullshit.

I can understand not handing me XP for punching random dudes, but the riddler trophies is literally the largest sidequest in the game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Has anyone who has collected all the riddler trophies feel like theres a good reason theres 200 instead of like 90?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^nah, it's better than City but it's still a massive pain in the rear end. At least the final riddler confrontation was rewarding, imo.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I can understand not handing me XP for punching random dudes, but the riddler trophies is literally the largest sidequest in the game.

You definitely do, it just doesn't show up for some reason. I got a few upgrade points as I was collecting them post game.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
#TeamBatmobile (switch to toggle controls, it's much better)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

its the best open world in the series but i think its the weakest in terms of side objectives

Narcissus1916 posted:

i think you get xp for every few of them rather than every individual one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SectumSempra posted:

Has anyone who has collected all the riddler trophies feel like theres a good reason theres 200 instead of like 90?

Nah. Some of the puzzles are pretty fun, but the breakables and most the trophies are just silly.

But I really recommend everyone do it because the end fight with Riddler is really fun.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Yeah, that's an easter egg that raises more questions than it's worth. Like, fine, Superman and the Flash exist, but maybe they're busy. If J'onn lives in Gotham still... um... maybe stop the Eastern seaboard from being nuked?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

J'onn's off doing that sojourn thing he did in Justice League Unlimited and will return when the time is right.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Crowetron posted:

Too risky with Firefly in the city.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Man gently caress the cloudburst+cobras fight. I dunno if its a bug I'm hitting or what but touching ANYTHING - including poo poo like cardboard boxes in the road - makes the car come to a complete stop and takes 3-4 seconds to start moving again which inevitably leads to getting caught then blown up. First time since I was a child that I'm actually angry at a video game.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Man gently caress the cloudburst+cobras fight. I dunno if its a bug I'm hitting or what but touching ANYTHING - including poo poo like cardboard boxes in the road - makes the car come to a complete stop and takes 3-4 seconds to start moving again which inevitably leads to getting caught then blown up. First time since I was a child that I'm actually angry at a video game.

If you're like me, that slowdown was always happening and you're only noticing it now because it finally matters. This fight is all about being able to make a safe getaway after taking a shot. Take out a side, speed down a long stretch to gain distance, and then go tank mode and start zigzagging through a more mazelike part of the city until the Arkham Knight loses track of you. Do that 4 times without taking much damage and you should have enough health to take on the last stage of the fight.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BarkingSquirrel posted:

i have had a lot of very frustrating moments with the game. car stuff gets better with drone hacking but the hand to hand problem of batman sometimes not attacking the guy you are trying to point him at never goes away and rears its head at all the wrong times.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

acksplode posted:

I'm almost positive I did that without any upgrades.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Generic Monk posted:

:(

origins just seems to be kind of dull and populated with the loving b-tier of batman villains that no one who hasn't read the comics has ever heard of (because they're Not Very Good)
black mask - goofy mafia boss
deadshot - shootmans
deathstroke - shootmans(?????)
firefly - burnmans

apart from joker obviously, other than that there's no real draw to it, at least for me

And Bane. All better villains than Arkham Knight.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

acksplode posted:

If you're like me, that slowdown was always happening and you're only noticing it now because it finally matters. This fight is all about being able to make a safe getaway after taking a shot. Take out a side, speed down a long stretch to gain distance, and then go tank mode and start zigzagging through a more mazelike part of the city until the Arkham Knight loses track of you. Do that 4 times without taking much damage and you should have enough health to take on the last stage of the fight.

Any time I went straight the tank was always right on my rear end, so I could never avoid him that way :( I ended up cheesing the fight by jumping into the canals because the tank takes a long time to get down there, and you can burn off a bunch of the meter.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Discendo Vox posted:

There should be a supervillain where that's their gimmick: whispered bad LP commentary on their victim's actions.

"Hello, I'm DarkSyde, and welcome to the third episode where I discuss the final parts of my latest victim's life."

Perfect way to fit Film Freak into the next Arkham game as one of the big bads.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Medium Cool posted:

I'm almost positive you can just do the rapid fire batarangs for this one.

Fulchrum posted:

I'm almost positive I did that without any upgrades.

Yeah well now I feel dumb and I'm cryign so I hope youre happy

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
Holy Christ this game has a lot of "jump scares " :|

Batman is about to sacrifice himself to stop Scarecrow. BLAST RADIUS INCREASED TO 1000 PERCENT. *Turns around* MISS ME BATS BANG

3 minutes later

Gordon is checking out these prisoners, turns around [BATMAN OUT OF NOWHERE]GORDON THERES SOMETHING YOU NEED TO SEE

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That second one got me. Batman's a dick.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

g-c posted:

Batman is about to sacrifice himself to stop Scarecrow. BLAST RADIUS INCREASED TO 1000 PERCENT. *Turns around* MISS ME BATS BANG

3 minutes later

Gordon is checking out these prisoners, turns around [BATMAN OUT OF NOWHERE]GORDON THERES SOMETHING YOU NEED TO SEE

The best one(s) is yet to come.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

g-c posted:

3 minutes later

There's still a really good one waiting in store :) just keep zipping and gliding around town!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, that's an easter egg that raises more questions than it's worth. Like, fine, Superman and the Flash exist, but maybe they're busy. If J'onn lives in Gotham still... um... maybe stop the Eastern seaboard from being nuked?

Just imagine the rest of the Justice League is off fighting some space monster and Bruce is carrying around the keys to the Watchtower the whole game.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Scarecrow fear missions seem to be missing from the Arkham Stories tab... they were there before today's patch?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The Duke posted:

The Scarecrow fear missions seem to be missing from the Arkham Stories tab... they were there before today's patch?
It's a tab in the AR Challenges menu.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

g-c posted:

3 minutes later

That last one is there to show you what it's like to be Jim throughout his entire relationship with Bruce. When he wants to talk to you he's just there and when he's done he's gone.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can't remember if it was The Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises where Gordon expects to talk to Batman and physically jumps when he turns around and the motherfucker's just standing right there not even a yard away, as if he'd straight-up just read Gordon's thoughts. Commissioner Gordon having the poo poo scared out of him by Batman is my favorite thing about the guy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what the gently caress is a nimbus cell and why does the batmobile have a slot for one?

• Locked thread