Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
For people who just can't get enough hearing about this game, check out the long rear end talk Gametrailers did with the Rocket League guys: http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/v/6316062 (Starts at around 3:14:00)

There's over an hour of talk and footage from different arenas and game modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Thanks for posting that. The Rocket League folks are seriously my favorite developers of all time.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I would buy a rocket league t-shirt like the ones these dudes are wearing

e: oh there's stuff on the back of it :sigh:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Here's the timestamp link for the interview http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/v/6316062?t=3h14m8s. :3:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

GT put the above interview on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GHDULtTEU

I cancelled my Batman order in large part because I'm looking forward to this more.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Are PSN releases like this a midnight Monday kind of thing or a mid-morning/whenever-we-feel-like-it Tuesday kind of thing?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Knightmare posted:

Are PSN releases like this a midnight Monday kind of thing or a mid-morning/whenever-we-feel-like-it Tuesday kind of thing?

Whenever the store updates, unless it was pre-orderable. Store updates around 3pm Eastern plus or minus several hours.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yah the only stuff that tends to show up Midnight EST is stuff you can put money on days/weeks ahead and has pre-loading etc etc...

sadly I think this is not the case here. :\

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sony should recognize the hype around this Game of the Year release and act accordingly.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Leaderboards are coming! Not that I think this is a surprise to anyone but none the less they will be implemented and you'll be able to compare stats with your friends too!

http://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3b7p16/leaderboard_top_10_amount_of_wins_goals_mvps/

Surprised by the leaders in some of these categories having played a few of them but meh, still a neat little feature.

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 26, 2015

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Whenever the store updates, unless it was pre-orderable. Store updates around 3pm Eastern plus or minus several hours.

drat, that's going to be a large part of the day F5ing or whatever the PS4-equivalent of F5ing is.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

July 7th is the day I drive from Omaha to Salt Lake City so an afternoon/evening release suits me just fine. I should check that hotel booking for free wifi...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

RELEASE THE drat GAME!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I mean. I can't wait for July 7th..

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

a cop posted:

RELEASE THE drat GAME!

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
I couldn't open my wallet fast enough if I could pay 20 euros to get access until 7th like those streamer guys do and then buy the game for 20 more when it officially comes out.

I mean I need my fix.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Some prerelease streams going on. Keys went out to select players and streamers.
http://twitch.tv/virtualtrident

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

icking fudiot posted:

Some prerelease streams going on. Keys went out to select players and streamers.

I can't stand to watch :negative:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I couldn't help but watch.. The boost trails are pretty drat great.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

Why am I not a selected player? I literally delivered this unto SA.

:((((((

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Pleads posted:

July 7th is the day I drive from Omaha to Salt Lake City so an afternoon/evening release suits me just fine. I should check that hotel booking for free wifi...

Literally the WORST part of that drive, you'll need something to unwind after that part.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Was watching Krovoni against devs last night, holy crap that guy is nuts. They were 8-0ing the dev team with minimal effort.

They mentioned cosmetics are random unlocks (not drops, no rarities) and you won't get any repeats, just new items every time. The guy streaming had 25 hours in and was still getting unlocks. Also they mentioned they were timing the PC release to match up with the PSN one, which seems weird.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Just over a week left boys, cannot wait to play this game.

I'm hoping that down the line they do some sort of clan or team system for online play. The party system (if it's the same as beta) was a bit clunky but I'm optimistic that Psyonix has their poo poo in order on what to improve.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Feenix posted:

Why am I not a selected player? I literally delivered this unto SA.

:((((((

I was the top Rocket League streamer on Twitch for like 6 days straight during the beta and I still didn't get one. I wanna be butthurt but honestly I'd rather just wait until I can play with my friends.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

a cop posted:

I can't stand to watch :negative:

a cop posted:

I couldn't help but watch..

You might have a problem.

To which the only cure is more Rocket League

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

I was the top Rocket League streamer on Twitch for like 6 days straight during the beta and I still didn't get one. I wanna be butthurt but honestly I'd rather just wait until I can play with my friends.

I'm not really butthurt. I was just Anglin' for early poo poo. :)

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Knightmare posted:

Also they mentioned they were timing the PC release to match up with the PSN one, which seems weird.

Probably because of the cross-platform play.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

bunky posted:

Probably because of the cross-platform play.

Upon release, you won't be able to party up with people on the platform you're not on.

BUT

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Rocket League!!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TotalHell posted:

Rocket League!!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Oh wow, they finally invited Lirik to Rocket League; watch him play it on max on PC: https://twitch.tv/lirik

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

Upon release, you won't be able to party up with people on the platform you're not on.

BUT

Need to correct this. Twitch chat can get things mixed up.

- Matchmaking will pair up PC and PS4 players at release.
- Shortly after launch, we will patch to introduce a way to form Private matches cross platform.
- You cannot party cross platform and we are not sure if we will ever support that. Only parties can matchmake together, so there is currently no way to support matchmaking with cross platform friends.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

TotalHell posted:

Rocket League!!

e="icking fudiot" post="447170314"]
- You cannot party cross platform and we are not sure if we will ever support that. Only parties can matchmake together, so there is currently no way to support matchmaking with cross platform friends.
[/quote]

GOTY to worst. game. ever.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 30, 2015

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

If you can unlock the secrets of cross platform team-play, you will be Gods!

e: My 'add a lobby system like in fighting games' idea from earlier would solve this issue :mrgw:

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

If you can unlock the secrets of cross platform team-play, you will be Gods!

e: My 'add a lobby system like in fighting games' idea from earlier would solve this issue :mrgw:

Definitely talking about something lobby-esque for revision 2. Rev 1 will be much less elaborate.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Psyonix forums post from a Psyonix person indicates that there's a big announcement still to come this week as we head toward launch:

http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222543&sid=da4ba7c8dce17f4c0b43da8872a406a7#p222543

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Messi's car is going to be on the cover.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Feenix posted:

Messi's car is going to be on the cover.

Ugh no I don't want him to get hit by the Rocket League curse.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ROCKET LEAGUE FREE ON PS+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Wow.

I mean that's awesome but I'd have paid money and a lot of others would have and there's not much else coming out so I don't quite understand why, but that's awesome.