Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Joementum, you will probably have an answer. I tried searching for it on google but I get nothing.

Tons of people on my Facebook feed are demanding (since he did it for the "gays") Obama light up the White House red, white and blue for the Fourth of July. Have they ever done it before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
No, but FDR did prevent it from being painted black. During WWII the Department of War wanted it painted over to make it harder for Nazi bombers to target and FDR had to tell them they were being dumb.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Joementum posted:

No, but FDR did prevent it from being painted black. During WWII the Department of War wanted it painted over to make it harder for Nazi bombers to target and FDR had to tell them they were being dumb.

If I recall correctly, FDR had to do that A LOT

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
FDR's brave stand for rational coloring didn't end up mattering since his VP gutted the place.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh, they made it "pink" once for breast cancer awareness month. So there's that.

Also, there was a Red, White, and Blues concert at the White House in 2012 which was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eN0OipyFw

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I kind of like the idea of lighting up the white house for events. On April 9 they could put up a giant, black middle finger.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Wait, I'm being stupid. They did light up the White House for July 4th under President Whitmore.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Wait, I'm being stupid. They did light up the White House for July 4th under President Whitmore.

'President Whitmore'? More like 'President Whitemore,' what with the loving 'all-natural,' 'anti-vaxxer' of a hippie wife of his. She wasn't even willing to take arms against the ET's; only once have I heard of a First Lady so cowardly, one who'd rather take a $200k speaking gig than obey public records law and disclose her emails to the Library of Congress.

Where'd I hear of that first lady? Why, the vets talking about 2016 at the Legion behind me, of course.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 3, 2015

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I feel like a troglodyte for not knowing roma is a more appropriate term for gypsies. Education betters us all. Fortunately, we will be seeing great eviscerating cuts to the education budget this year.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Asproigerosis posted:

I feel like a troglodyte for not knowing roma is a more appropriate term for gypsies. Education betters us all. Fortunately, we will be seeing great eviscerating cuts to the education budget this year.

Do not feel bad. I did not know gypped was derogatory and fascist until last year.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
One time at one my old job in a deli one of my coworkers was trying to remember the name of ICP fans and yelled loudly across the store "it's jigaboos right?" I came very close to death from laughter at his sincere lack of knowledge for what the word jigaboo actually meant.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Is it me or is "five robed, arrogant people" becoming like a conservative meme for the gay marriage decision?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alter Ego posted:

Is it me or is "five robed, arrogant people" becoming like a conservative meme for the gay marriage decision?

Monday morning in any given K street flat seems like.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
As I near the end of Griftopia, I find myself wanting to strangle Rahm Emanuel through the page.

I assume this a common sentiment.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This guy really doesn't seem to grasp that England wouldn't have moved to kill slavery in the colonies for a long time, if ever. They had everything to gain from it and it's not like the English had to be exposed to it in any way. England was so oblivious to the colonies and how things were there that a revolution was inevitable. That England still has a royal family is a loving joke but this person treats it as a thing to be desired. :jerkbag:

That is some serious Grass is Greener writing and the person is using less fact and more "I think the UK is awesome" personal feelings.

Obdicut posted:

France has some problems with racism. These are different than American problems. Measuring racism is pretty hard. This has not that much to do with US politics in July.

semi-related:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/246759-george-takei-justice-thomas-a-clown-in-blackface

I wanted someone to call him out on internment camps so badly and that it's Takei and not just some random activist makes me so goddamn happy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MonsieurChoc posted:

As I near the end of Griftopia, I find myself wanting to strangle Rahm Emanuel through the page.

That's how you know you're a decent human being.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like MIGF, actually.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MonsieurChoc posted:

Welcome to hating migf

^^^^ lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm currently reading through Robert A Caro's Master of the Senate, and the Southern Declaration / Southern Manifesto that Strom Thurmond had written in response to the Brown v Board of Education decision felt a lot like what we're seeing now with regards to the SSM decision: conservatives calling out the Supreme Court judges for a supposed unjustifiable ramming-through of their own social justice agenda through the Judiciary when that's not what the Judiciary should be doing.

Also the sheer spite of white people against African-Americans in 1950s America is incredibly infuriating.

The more things change, etc etc

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I mean, we could just raise taxes to pay for government services, or this.

quote:

City hall is selling the tickets as part of a public safety fundraiser. The raffle winner will get the chance to taser or spare City Administrator Jake Anderson or Councilman Bob Lacy at the Van Meter Fire Association Street Dance July 18. "I volunteered to be tased," Anderson said. A police officer will assist with the tasing, with the proceeds going to help the department purchase a second squad car, add speed radar and possibly expand its six-member part-time and reserve force. Anderson said the idea came up during a meeting with police about funding. "The joke was sort of, yeah, let's tase the administrators. They make all the friends," Anderson said. "I was like, yeah, that's funny. Do you think you could raise some money?"

Realy, it's either/or. This is the choice America faces.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Asproigerosis posted:

One time at one my old job in a deli one of my coworkers was trying to remember the name of ICP fans and yelled loudly across the store "it's jigaboos right?" I came very close to death from laughter at his sincere lack of knowledge for what the word jigaboo actually meant.

What is a jigaboo?

Do I even want to know?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DOOP posted:

What is a jigaboo?

Do I even want to know?

I'll give you a hint. It starts with "n."

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hey MIGF posts here. He might take it personally.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Even knowing how terrible a poster MIGF is, I don't think he's as bad as Rahm Emanuel.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm currently reading through Robert A Caro's Master of the Senate, and the Southern Declaration / Southern Manifesto that Strom Thurmond had written in response to the Brown v Board of Education decision felt a lot like what we're seeing now with regards to the SSM decision: conservatives calling out the Supreme Court judges for a supposed unjustifiable ramming-through of their own social justice agenda through the Judiciary when that's not what the Judiciary should be doing.

Also the sheer spite of white people against African-Americans in 1950s America is incredibly infuriating.

The more things change, etc etc

I just bought the first book in the series, is there an ETA on when the final book is coming out?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Job Truniht posted:

Hey MIGF posts here. He might take it personally.

The only thing which I take personally is someone refusing to give me their loving money when I've put the time in to make a hard ask which they shouldn't refuse.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

The only thing which I take personally is someone refusing to give me their loving money when I've put the time in to make a hard ask which they shouldn't refuse.

That and the fuckin' deli slicer at Arby's am I right?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

That and the fuckin' deli slicer at Arby's am I right?

Hey Joe, come to Chicago with $2k sometime, and I'll set you up to hear the real story.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tom DeLay's got the scoop!

quote:

"We've already found a secret memo coming out of the Justice Department. They're now going to go after 12 new perversions, things like bestiality, polygamy, having sex with little boys and making that legal. Not only that, but they have a whole list of strategies to go after the churches, the pastors, and any businesses that tries to assert their religious liberty. This is coming and it's coming like a tidal wave."

Edit: For you kiddos out there, Tom DeLay used to be the most powerful man in the U.S. House.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 3, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PostNouveau posted:

This is coming and it's coming like a tidal wave

:gizz:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PostNouveau posted:

Edit: For you kiddos out there, Tom DeLay used to be the most powerful man in the U.S. House.

:catstare:

I thought for a second I was in the freeper thread.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I mean, if that memo exists, he should definitely publish it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Yeah, along with McCarthy's list of commies in the State Department and Trump's Obama's Real Luxurious Classy Birth Certificate.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PostNouveau posted:

So, too, did Denny Hastert. Maybe that's whom DeLay found the Justice memo from.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Along with the "whitey" tape

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

PostNouveau posted:

Along with the "whitey" tape

That's already been published though

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

PostNouveau posted:

Anyone find it interesting that DeLay specifically mentions "little boys" and not "little children"?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AsInHowe posted:

Anyone find it interesting that DeLay specifically mentions "little boys" and not "little children"?

maybe of interest but not a surprise. The man's got a hell of a pedo face, just missing the pube-stache and unflattering eyeglasses.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

Presumably the Justice Department is making a distinction. I wonder why they'd do that? Oh well, nothing to do but wait for Loretta Lynch to explain their legal reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AsInHowe posted:

In Alabama, its legal to marry little girls.

• Locked thread