Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 1

Matthew Beet (2): SKY COQ, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, SKY COQ, Kat Delacour, Asphyxious
HiipFire (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tirade, Bifauxnen
SKY COQ (1): Matthew Beet
Tirade (1): Those On My Left
EXAKT Science (1): HiipFire
Gwynplaine (1): Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, SKY COQ, Matthew Beet
Kommando (1): EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (1): HiipFire, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, Kommando, Kommando, Birdstrike, Kommando, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, Mithranderp
Birdstrike (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Freudian Slip (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Kat Delacour (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet
Mithranderp (0): Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour

Not Voting (5): Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 43 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Gwynplaine posted:

Erm. I'm fine? I'm having a good time here. I was just explaining my beliefs in not being easy to read. These days it's just how I play mafia because apparently every thing I said and did in it was scummy. The more I tried not to be scummy, the scummier I seemed to be. I assume it's just my nature or the way I talk or something.

Also, I taking tripping over personally. You know that.

Yeah but you're kinda going full Dirge here.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would vote Hiip but only because he is voting my man EXAKT.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm sticking with coq. he wanted to lead a lynch on the possibly town role claimant. on day 1. if gwyn's not lying then coq's behaviour is anti town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Wait why is kommamdon't voting for me?

THE FOOL!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Wait why is kommamdon't voting for me?

THE FOOL!

because you're p. suss today

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
There's only so much needling I can take. It's all for yucks but it legit bothers me, which is why I'm trying to suss put whether it's part of some meta plot to make me atone for anidav jokes, we're all kind of bastards but you are persistently across a few games needling me and I'm over it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

because you're p. suss today

Nah.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

i rattle rattle every game. you've even defended my for it in the past.

ok, so neither of these votes has anything to do with the game now. cools. and people wondered why i was voting for either of these two today.

Yeah this is odd, if I was in your shoes right now I'd be going all OMGUS rage mode from being called scummy for the wrong reasons. "Oddly aggro"??

But then I'm suss on a couple different things you've done anyway so this gives me a feeling so complicated.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah.

see we could have not taken the game too seriously and been all chill had fun and done something different like a mass role claim.

nope, sorry, mafias serious business.

oh no beet, not that serious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah this is odd, if I was in your shoes right now I'd be going all OMGUS rage mode from being called scummy for the wrong reasons. "Oddly aggro"??

But then I'm suss on a couple different things you've done anyway so this gives me a feeling so complicated.

you legitimately said you thought i was town a few posts ago.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

ELSEWHERE: While at SISYFEST, the indie movie festival where films are projected on giant boulders of marble that the audience pushes uphill, TOML's Slapfight-o-meter dials up to 99999 and explodes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kat Delacour posted:

There's only so much needling I can take. It's all for yucks but it legit bothers me, which is why I'm trying to suss put whether it's part of some meta plot to make me atone for anidav jokes, we're all kind of bastards but you are persistently across a few games needling me and I'm over it.

im sorry kat

no it's no meta plot about anidav or anything. i'm not a fan of the meta remember?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kat, Kat, hey Kat

sorry for being kind of a squirrel jerk.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

you legitimately said you thought i was town a few posts ago.

What where was that I thought I said you could tell **I** was town for once, so that makes me suss on you on principle :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah.

see we could have not taken the game too seriously and been all chill had fun and done something different like a mass role claim.

nope, sorry, mafias serious business.

oh no beet, not that serious.

You said "mass roleclaim?" And I roleclaimed instantly. The aggro comes from all the people going "I'm not sure that's a great idea.." and you slapping them down and calling them idiots.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

ELSEWHERE: While at SISYFEST, the indie movie festival where films are projected on giant boulders of marble that the audience pushes uphill, TOML's Slapfight-o-meter dials up to 99999 and explodes.

nah we only slap fight needlessly when we're both town.

(psst you're the scum in this scenario)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah but you're kinda going full Dirge here.

I think that's a matter of type being hard to interpret.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You said "mass roleclaim?" And I roleclaimed instantly. The aggro comes from all the people going "I'm not sure that's a great idea.." and you slapping them down and calling them idiots.

i called one person an idiot and that was wrong.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

What where was that I thought I said you could tell **I** was town for once, so that makes me suss on you on principle :v:

oh okay so we'll carry on with this little dance again.

okay back in an hour

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I think FS and coq are far, far more likely scum. Just putting that out there. If I die overnight I don't want people going "oh he was on Beet, let's look at that".

I'm just angling for Beet to be put in the naughty corner.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Let's see if we can summon Hiipfire to the thread

##vote Hiipfire

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But hey Beet, if you're still looking for things to change up next game how about treating the whole D1 Anidav debate like we got it on ignore? Like, not putting Anidav on ignore, putting any discussion about whether to lynch him or not on ignore. With that discussion being completely of the table this game, today's been a pretty sweet D1 I gotta say.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Freudian Slip posted:

##vote Hiipfire

Hey I woke up a bit ago

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:lol:

Okay HiipFire, what do you think of this whole mess?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Freudian Slip posted:

##vote Hiipfire

HiipFire posted:

Hey I woke up a bit ago

Ta daahh!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
We haven't actually D1'd ANIDAV for a while, I think that debate is moot now.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I havent read everything yet, I'm catching up as we speak

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

We haven't actually D1'd ANIDAV for a while, I think that debate is moot now.

It may not happen, but about a third of D1 chat is about it with most of the rest being a slap fight between 2 or 3 regulars

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

If I were scum and you actually succeeded at getting this to happen, I'd just claim an obscure role to sow enough doubt to lynch townies and nightkill power roles. In fact, that's how we won in the game where Bowmore bussed me.

It is a bad plan and very anti town. You're either being very naive or scouting for targets.

Maybe you should claim and show us just how obscure you can get :wink:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also Slip why do you have to be so darn reasonable all the time :cheeky:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Freudian Slip posted:

poo poo - I totally missed Hiipfire. He hasn't posted today. I am more than happy to lynch him if he doesn't post soon. Lurkers who are town are useless as they don't help with lynching. Lurkers who are scum are the loving worst.

See also: Small Keating.

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh yeah everyone role claim, oh no not day 1 day 2? So we can compare notes on who claims the fastest and get lovely at the conflicts? Because god knows we don't have players whose entire loving game plan s keeping their cards close to their chest. GREAT IDEA BEET, PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK

And I'm the loving idiot?

Fiuck you

no, FIUCK YOU!

Matthew Beet posted:

a) i'm playing exactly how i always play day1, I run around shaking trees until something falls out. it's called scum hunting.
b) you've gotten quite feisty and abusive in a few games you little swear bear, i'm not actually trying to be deliberately rude or mean, sorry, i'm legitimately just playing around and i thought you'd get that.

Maybe you need a break from mafia, time out, go ban some people and come back less angry. I'll even report Negligent or gariac...

i JUST DISCOVERED PORTAL STORIES: MEL gently caress THIS IM PLAYING PORTAL.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

Maybe you need a break from mafia, time out, go ban some people and come back less angry. I'll even report Negligent or gariac...

Nah I'm good thanks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I think FS and coq are far, far more likely scum. Just putting that out there. If I die overnight I don't want people going "oh he was on Beet, let's look at that".

I'm just angling for Beet to be put in the naughty corner.

Then vote for who you think is scum. Parking a vote on me for a useless lesson does nothing for town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

But hey Beet, if you're still looking for things to change up next game how about treating the whole D1 Anidav debate like we got it on ignore? Like, not putting Anidav on ignore, putting any discussion about whether to lynch him or not on ignore. With that discussion being completely of the table this game, today's been a pretty sweet D1 I gotta say.

Nah I'm not going to let up on the mass claim idea till we get to test it.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Asphyxious

sick d1 claim yo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Tirade posted:

Actually that's not quite true. TOML's vote for me was a bit weird since Hiipfire has three posts in here, all of which from before the game began. The excuse of "ahh he's just foreign so has trouble with timezones" is a bit poo poo too - he was so absent in the last game I played that the mod (kommando?) was trying to decide whether to modkill him.

The last game went through like 3 game days while I was sleeping so I got replaced out and then I replaced back in

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kommando posted:

i JUST DISCOVERED PORTAL STORIES: MEL gently caress THIS IM PLAYING PORTAL.

What's Portal Stories?

Hello, I've been out visiting my Mum since she's off to visit Queensland for two weeks.

From my reading the majority are lovely at Beet for trying to get a roleclaim going, Gwyn's kinda roleclaimed? And we've been able to stir up some lurkers.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's Portal Stories?

Hello, I've been out visiting my Mum since she's off to visit Queensland for two weeks.

From my reading the majority are lovely at Beet for trying to get a roleclaim going, Gwyn's kinda roleclaimed? And we've been able to stir up some lurkers.

PORTAL STORIES IS A FAN MADE PORTAL CHAPTER WITH VOICE ACTING AND poo poo AND ITS CANON!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

OH AND BECAUSE ITS A MOD ITS FREE

• Locked thread