Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha, beaten, yeah who was this, Gaspy?

FS, you found some of what was bugging me about Birdstrike. Between his mistakes and Coq's I was getting worried last night that the Beet push had come out of nowhere over some good lurker votes, and it was being pushed off the back of a lot of (possibly on purpose) misinterpretation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Gaspy is innocent.

If people still want to lynch me over the lurky mcgees or those acting strange, go ahead.
It's only going to get funnier.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Is this a joke?

not only that, it's a pretty good one

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

Gaspy is innocent.

If people still want to lynch me over the lurky mcgees or those acting strange, go ahead.
It's only going to get funnier.

Is this based off ~data ~ or brotherly love? :colbert:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Asphyxious posted:

How about Bif at the time being all "he's definitely town!". Like, that's never suss.

I have been back through Bifs posts last night and She didn't say anyone was definitely town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Freudian Slip posted:

I have been back through Bifs posts last night and She didn't say anyone was definitely town.

I'm aware.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, beaten, yeah who was this, Gaspy?

FS, you found some of what was bugging me about Birdstrike. Between his mistakes and Coq's I was getting worried last night that the Beet push had come out of nowhere over some good lurker votes, and it was being pushed off the back of a lot of (possibly on purpose) misinterpretation.

Yeah, I think people are making a big deal on how I graded people from being most town and least town. Kat does it a lot and I think its good being able to see each others thoughts. After the PonPonPon game you said I should post more and I am trying to.

When I said that you and birdy were the most town - I was basing that nearly entirely of the fact that you were the most reasonable in the early slap fight.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

I'm aware.

Were you aware before you made that post?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

Were you aware before you made that post?

Yep :)

Hello Slip.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Freudian Slip posted:

After last night I am now looking at Kommando and Tirade.

Kommando for voting for Beet with minutes to go.

Tirade for coming in and lording it over us that he didn't vote for Coq. We had to lynch someone, Coq had done enough to deserve the votes.

Beet, I know that Gwyn voted for TOML in similar circumstances, but it struck me more of a Gwyn thing to do.

Also BS is now the only confirmed town. I am going to have a look through their posts and then through MMGs.

Fucken oath I'm lording it over you idiots. Hiipfire was a great candidate for lynching and was in the lead when I went to bed iirc. Then y'all got a fit of the vapours and voted for coq instead.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

in case anyone is interested i did a ripping rendition of last resort by papa roach at karaoke last night

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Yep :)

Hello Slip.

OK :crossarms:

I don't know what games you are playing, making up poo poo about Bif.

I am going out to get some sunshine. Be back later

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I've been told that if I ever do karaoke again, I should sing Johnny Cash songs.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

THINGS I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH:

1) this post

quote:

HiipFire posted:
There are so many scummy people atm and sky coq isnt one of them BUT UGH FINE

##vote sky coq
for obvious reasons

Haha hot drat, I didn't see that.

##vote Hiipfire

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy what are you on about, it's fine to make jokes in Mafia but try and not make things too much harder to actually follow thanks

Gwyyyyyyyn I'm waiting

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaspy what are you on about, it's fine to make jokes in Mafia but try and not make things too much harder to actually follow thanks

Gwyyyyyyyn I'm waiting

Maybe you should wait less and read more?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Data, Bif.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bif & Beet doing their best to gently caress over towns power roles without actually helping anyone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hmmmm unlike beet I don't want to make people role claim but I don't want Gwyn to just get out of a lynch by saying "oh don't I have a nifty power" and then never follow up.

However I have one theory...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like, if you didn't get anything conclusive last night so it's no use to role claim today, just come out and admit you got nothing to share Gwyn, stop trying to just lay low like you hope it all blows over.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

Data, Bif.

Interesting...

Beet, are you still so keen about your mass claim idea or have you backed off that now that the doc's dead?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Interesting...

Beet, are you still so keen about your mass claim idea or have you backed off that now that the doc's dead?

it's an anidav game, i presume he's put in a nurse for lols

btw D1 has given me what i think is a good idea for a fun mafia variant to run :)

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

It gets very stupid very quickly.

My thoughts: Kommando is posting very, very differently than usual. Going back over it, I appear to be one of the LAST people to notice he's posting odd. Some are saying he's being suspicious, some are saying he's deliberately twisting facts etc, but the thing that stands out to me is that he seems to be behaving as much, much more of a team player. Effort posting and being very hangdog when chided, where he'd normally get more vicious.

The difficulty for me is, yes, that's suspicious, but from experience I don't want to dogpile someone because they're not playing like an erratic rear end in a top hat?

gently caress you too, mate.

Freudian Slip posted:

OK, MMGs posts were easy to get through. They were just jokes and banter. He didn't even really throw shade at anyone.

Pretty much how he played in Asterix game. He made some obtuse tells but noone took him seriously.

Those On My Left posted:

THINGS I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH:

1) this post

for obvious reasons

2) everyone ignoring this exchange

like, best as i can tell the best argument against coq was that his roleclaim was a weird one and, particularly, that he was proposing to use it in an ineffective way. Well, here he is saying "Okay, i'll use it in a more effective way, thanks for the help". we could have left him overnight to do this and revisited the issue tomorrow, but no, everyone completely ignored this opportunity and certain people pushed to lynch him anyway

Hiipfire is a spaz and going with whatever direction D1 lynch was going, it wasnt great but some people are persuaded to vote with the crowd rather than stand their ground. See: How we got an LNP government.

I completely missed COQ's 'lie detector' claim, but Beet seems to be pressing COQ to produce results on D1, which if its a night role he cant. Thats a lovely way to test someones claim. Disingenuous bastardry.

I have no remorse voting for beet.

Those On My Left posted:

3) mith's hand wringing about coq

Oh i dunno, Phyx was pretty hard on the HES loving LYING without a bit of substance and upon lynch was utterly wrong.
Now only the scum are prescient. But does this point to Phyx lying barefaced, or Mith knowing something? Maybe neither.

Those On My Left posted:

this reminds me so much of the kind of thing i was posting about bif before she got lynched last game (when i was scum). I knew Bif was town and was just vaguely going "heyyyy i don't think this case is water tight". i dunno, just seems like a similar approach.

as for kommando's posting, honestly i'm not too bothered by him voting beet. like, on the re-read it seems pretty obvious that a lynch was gonna happen, there were too many people for absolutely no one to drop the hammer, so if i were kommando i wouldn't have felt worried about frustrating a lynch by voting with my gut

also there's this, which i buy

I'm not worried at all, the wagon was already moving. I had no draw on COQ. and by the time i caught up it was all over red rover.

Those On My Left posted:

4) Beet and Gaspy's incredible push against coq. if this is a scum play it is hugely brazen.

IN CONCLUSION
i am not really suss on kommando but could be persuaded

i am more suss on hiipfire and mith.

i am conflicted about beet and gaspy.

Pretty much my angle on this. But add bif because history teaches me Mother of Demons is always evil and should be ousted ASAP. Bif speaks with forked tongue.

Now to read page 21

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That wasn't a call for you to return to form!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also I was lying barefaced, I was wrrr-

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

wrrrrrrrrr-

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Those On My Left posted:

it's an anidav game, i presume he's put in a nurse for lols

btw D1 has given me what i think is a good idea for a fun mafia variant to run :)

a nurse would be a fun role to have in this game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

WRRRRRRRRRRRRR-

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Nope, can't do it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
hahahaha

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gwynplaine posted:

Gaspy is innocent.

Is this honest and truthful? Or your speculation?

Bifauxnen posted:

Is this based off ~data ~ or brotherly love? :colbert:

er... same.

Freudian Slip posted:

She never does. :evilbuddy:

Tirade posted:

Fucken oath I'm lording it over you idiots. Hiipfire was a great candidate for lynching and was in the lead when I went to bed iirc. Then y'all got a fit of the vapours and voted for coq instead.
:vince: "The vapors" lol.

Gwynplaine posted:

Data, Bif.

'aight.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Nope, can't do it.

:flaccid:

we all get stage fright sometimes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Bif & Beet doing their best to gently caress over towns power roles without actually helping anyone.

says the person continually making jokes and making it difficult for town to follow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Interesting...

nope. still very keen, you boring muppets aren't though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

VANILLA TOWN

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

:cmon:

Lets do this. you first.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

gently caress you too, mate.

Pretty much how he played in Asterix game. He made some obtuse tells but noone took him seriously.

Hiipfire is a spaz and going with whatever direction D1 lynch was going, it wasnt great but some people are persuaded to vote with the crowd rather than stand their ground. See: How we got an LNP government.

I completely missed COQ's 'lie detector' claim, but Beet seems to be pressing COQ to produce results on D1, which if its a night role he cant. Thats a lovely way to test someones claim. Disingenuous bastardry.

I have no remorse voting for beet.

Oh i dunno, Phyx was pretty hard on the HES loving LYING without a bit of substance and upon lynch was utterly wrong.
Now only the scum are prescient. But does this point to Phyx lying barefaced, or Mith knowing something? Maybe neither.

I'm not worried at all, the wagon was already moving. I had no draw on COQ. and by the time i caught up it was all over red rover.

Pretty much my angle on this. But add bif because history teaches me Mother of Demons is always evil and should be ousted ASAP. Bif speaks with forked tongue.

Now to read page 21

ur dumb.

like seriously, i never pressed him for results during the day. learn to read.

Kommando posted:

Lets do this. you first.

holy poo poo i already did, yesterday! ffs learn to read.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

says the person continually making jokes and making it difficult for town to follow.

You of all people should know I'm not a team player.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kommando posted:

Lets do this. you first.

Nah let's not. I don't think there's enough roles around to make it worthwhile at this stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You of all people should know I'm not a team player.

yeah

##vote asphyxious

• Locked thread