Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Motherfuckers. Went to let me dog out into the yard earlier and 2 crows started divebombing her. We look around and there is a baby crow sitting behind the garbage cans. It's prolly the same crows that had their baby in our yard last year that my dog got ahold of(didn't hurt it thankfully) and they are not happy. Now I can't let my dog out in the yard till they leave and I can't get near the garbage cans without getting divebombed. And its garbage night, so I will get attacked by crows at some point. Why do these birds have to be so loving smart? I am just glad to be moving out of this house in august so I don't have to deal with these assholes anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You got a shotgun?

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
Make friends with the crows with peanuts and shiny things so this doesn't become a terrible experience every year.

I wish I had crow friends. :smith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ssjonizuka posted:

Vacation starts Thursday. Week at the beach in NC. So what do I do today? Slice my drat right hand open on the knuckle. I imagine ill find some sort of watertight bandage I can get over it, but gently caress. It's my dominant hand. Gimping around one handed sure is fun waiting for it to close up enough to put something better than gauze over it.
Chumming the water with your own blood is a good idea at the NC beaches this year.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Murder those crows

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CannonFodder posted:

Chumming the water with your own blood is a good idea at the NC beaches this year.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Bape Culture posted:

Murder those crows

He doesn't want any more.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

InitialDave posted:

You got a shotgun?

crows are loving evil and remember faces. I would have to kill every crow in the area, and there are a poo poo ton of crows in this neighborhood.

Arriviste posted:

Make friends with the crows with peanuts and shiny things so this doesn't become a terrible experience every year.

I wish I had crow friends. :smith:

We already dumped a bag of chips out in the yard. We can't even open the back door without 3 or 4 crows flying into the yard and making a ton of noise. Last year when this happened they followed us up the street when we walked to the bar for a couple weeks.

Quite A Tool posted:

Yup, they still remember my dog from last year. Luckily she is not that bright and did not have a clue about what to do with the baby crow when she got it in her mouth. Didn't even hurt it since she was holding it so gently. Crows own Seattle, you don't gently caress with them.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Now take those crows and size them up to 11 and keep their intelligence the same and you have Alaskan ravens. They are pretty cool and all, but do not gently caress with them or they will eat your family.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Have I mentioned that I helped my friend build a quonset hut shop? We've been working in for about a month now and it's great but it does still have issues with rain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus H Christ. We hung out with my buddy today and his new girlfriend is loving insufferable. She insists on always holding his hand, even when he's trying to loving drive. She grabbed his hand, causing him to swerve a bit and he side-swiped another car and she insisted they just just off. What a oval office.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Punch her in the face.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

leica posted:

Punch her in the face.

InitialDave posted:

You got a shotgun?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh and other acts of loving idiocy!

I have a friend doing research for a graphic novel about the WTC bombing that happened in 1993. We were discussing similar projects that have already been published and another guy chimed in "9-11 HAPPENED IN 2001 YOU loving TARDS." My friend tried to explain about the '93 bombing but this dude was "THE TOWERS FELL IN 2001 YOU gently caress, LEARN YOUR HISTORY."

America.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
We allow these people to vote too!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Oh and other acts of loving idiocy!

I have a friend doing research for a graphic novel about the WTC bombing that happened in 1993. We were discussing similar projects that have already been published and another guy chimed in "9-11 HAPPENED IN 2001 YOU loving TARDS." My friend tried to explain about the '93 bombing but this dude was "THE TOWERS FELL IN 2001 YOU gently caress, LEARN YOUR HISTORY."

America.

To be fair I completely forgot about that bombing for a bit and thought wait, 1993? That's not right :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

We allow these people to vote too!

He shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

He shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

Let's put it to a vote :haw:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Have I mentioned that I helped my friend build a quonset hut shop? We've been working in for about a month now and it's great but it does still have issues with rain.

:stare: Nice water feature.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Goober Peas posted:

Let's put it to a vote :haw:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

For some reason I've decided that I like the Nissan XTerra now. Any owners in here? Interested in learning if these have any deal-breaking issues, if not, I might consider shopping for an older one before winter. There's one down in Chicago with a manual 6-speed, but it has ~mods~ so eh.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Not to sound to sappy, but if you have an awesome wife that lets you work on poo poo, be who you are, make sure you let her know!

My wife is awesome, and actually suggested that we do this picture on our wedding day!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

You've got a problem. And the only solution is MORE LUCAS.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Quite A Tool posted:

I would like to say that I both understood and appreciated this joke

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I managed to luckily avoid a massive blood blister by skipping that phase and moving directly to a through and through blood tunnel.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yuck.

If anyone is awake, the rain delayed Cup race at Daytona is running right now, The last 10 or 15 laps should make for some good entertainment :v:

[edit] Um yeah

:stare:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 6, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ssjonizuka posted:

Vacation starts Thursday. Week at the beach in NC. So what do I do today? Slice my drat right hand open on the knuckle. I imagine ill find some sort of watertight bandage I can get over it, but gently caress. It's my dominant hand. Gimping around one handed sure is fun waiting for it to close up enough to put something better than gauze over it.

Sup sliced open hand buddy? Sliced the poo poo out of my thumb a few hours ago while using scissors instead of proper wire strippers, from the nail down the side about 2 inches. Hurt like a motherfucker (and the tramadol I had on hand is starting to wear off, so it's starting to hurt again), and took entirely too long to stop bleeding.

I get to ask my boss for a new uniform shirt on my next shift, since I was still wearing my work shirt, and wound up pulling it off and wrapping my thumb to try and stop the bleeding.

All of the wires I was trying to strip are now color coded "blood red". The best part? They were part of direct burial sprinkler wires that got sliced by a family member when he decided it was time to redo the front yard, so I was stripping wires that were in dirt. He thought the wires were roots while digging up the yard to lay down sod. :downsgun: Glad I've had a tetanus shot in the past decade..

(don't use scissors to try to strip wires or rip cable jackets - I spent 30 seconds looking for my wire strippers, didn't find them immediately, and decided it would be easier to use scissors)

I probably should have gotten a few stitches.

The funny part? My stepdad asked me "so have you ever sliced your hand open when you're trying to rip cable with scissors?" about 10 seconds before the scissors slipped. My immediate reaction after slicing my thumb was "you had to loving say that", I feel a bit like an rear end in a top hat after dropping that line... :smith: He's actually showing real emotion for the first time in a long time, and I'm getting mothered to death by both my mother and stepdad now.

Let me give you a hand (linked for those with light stomachs, but it's just my hand with a bandage and a bit of dried blood)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 6, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
it's not so bad if you use the correct scissors

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

some texas redneck posted:

Sup sliced open hand buddy? Sliced the poo poo out of my thumb a few hours ago while using scissors instead of proper wire strippers, from the nail down the side about 2 inches. Hurt like a motherfucker (and the tramadol I had on hand is starting to wear off, so it's starting to hurt again), and took entirely too long to stop bleeding.

I get to ask my boss for a new uniform shirt on my next shift, since I was still wearing my work shirt, and wound up pulling it off and wrapping my thumb to try and stop the bleeding.

All of the wires I was trying to strip are now color coded "blood red". The best part? They were part of direct burial sprinkler wires that got sliced by a family member when he decided it was time to redo the front yard, so I was stripping wires that were in dirt. He thought the wires were roots while digging up the yard to lay down sod. :downsgun: Glad I've had a tetanus shot in the past decade..

(don't use scissors to try to strip wires or rip cable jackets - I spent 30 seconds looking for my wire strippers, didn't find them immediately, and decided it would be easier to use scissors)

I probably should have gotten a few stitches.

The funny part? My stepdad asked me "so have you ever sliced your hand open when you're trying to rip cable with scissors?" about 10 seconds before the scissors slipped. My immediate reaction after slicing my thumb was "you had to loving say that", I feel a bit like an rear end in a top hat after dropping that line... :smith: He's actually showing real emotion for the first time in a long time, and I'm getting mothered to death by both my mother and stepdad now.

Let me give you a hand (linked for those with light stomachs, but it's just my hand with a bandage and a bit of dried blood)

Ehhh I've been there before. Definitely cut my hand open doing some poo poo with the wrong tool. It happens to the best of us, man.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

str posted:

Ouch

Sup?:hfive:

It's at least doing a bit better by now. But still trying not to use my right hand so it doesn't stretch back open (not to mention it hurts if I do move it too much). It is at least small enough that it's only really the middle finger that is affected. Typing all day for work should be fun.

Yesterday was just a big win for me. Lots of stupid thing and not thought out decisions. What a waste of a day.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well, the upside is it's not my dominant hand.... but it's still my thumb, which is going to make doing anything that requires both hands a complete bitch for several days Good thing I'm average white guy in the male department? Admit it, you at least chuckled a little... Looking at it now, I definitely should have gotten stitches (bitch is STILL leaking precious red poo poo), but :laffo: at the thought of how much it would cost to get stitches at 11pm. I already owe about 2 full paychecks to a hospital as it is.

I've managed to make it bleed pretty bad again twice so far. I don't mean "poo poo, it's leaking a little blood", I mean "poo poo, blood is rapidly dripping off of my hand, it's not quite a lawn sprinkler again, but the red poo poo is definitely escaping at a rapid pace". If the nurses at my doctor's office could nail a vein that accurately for blood draws, I would die a happy man - they always stick a needle in, the vein says "lol nope", and instead of sticking me again, they always say "your veins want to say it's time to play go fish" and dig around in my arm :fuckoff: :supaburn: :fuckoff: :suicide: and leave me looking like a rookie heroin addict for weeks.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh hey, XRays show I've been riding with a hairline fracture of the kneecap for a week and a half. Was wondering why it hurt so goddamn much, thought I was going soft there for a moment.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh hey, XRays show I've been riding with a hairline fracture of the kneecap for a week and a half. Was wondering why it hurt so goddamn much, thought I was going soft there for a moment.

Walk it off, pussy.

Str: I'm not leaking blood at least. That blows. Trying to wipe was fun with my non dominant hand. "It was pretty lovely."

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How'd you manage that? Also, I take it you were riding bicycles? That had to hurt like a bastard if so.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

leica posted:

Yuck.

If anyone is awake, the rain delayed Cup race at Daytona is running right now, The last 10 or 15 laps should make for some good entertainment :v:

[edit] Um yeah

:stare:

Who the gently caress thought a night race at the end of a long weekend, in a place where a rain delay is likely, was a good idea? Looked like a good race, the last few laps would have been really exciting if I didn't know who won.

It sucks that plate racing is so dangerous. The plate package is the only one that consistently makes for good oval racing with this car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Well done, that's a fun one to limp around with. Did the same several years ago with a dirt bike, two weeks later x-ray shows spider cracks all over the kneecap. Still get odd pain and swelling years later.

New Terminator movie was entertaining and better than I expected. Didn't even know about it until Friday afternoon then saw it yesterday afternoon. A lot of little things that tie it into the original and some good humor. Worth seeing. Still would like to see Jurassic World before it's out of theaters.

Thought I hosed up my Saturday morning date pretty bad and was bummed. Late text yesterday afternoon asking if I wanted to do steak, wine and a movie at my place next weekend. She's awesome :3:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Not to sound to sappy, but if you have an awesome wife that lets you work on poo poo, be who you are, make sure you let her know!

My wife is awesome, and actually suggested that we do this picture on our wedding day!
If you have a Land Rover and a wife - awesome or otherwise - who doesn't let you work on poo poo, she's going to be walking her rear end to work sooner rather than later.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
My tire that I plugged a few weeks ago is leaking again :argh:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/06/maine-man-dies-after-launching-fireworks-from-his-head/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

I saw this on my news feed yesterday and started laughing. Guess what else is funny? This guy played Gaston at Disney.

• Locked thread