Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I realise I shouldn't take my mount or good gear into a red zone, but without a mount I can't imagine gathering, and regardless I still need to have 10k+ in gathering tools. I honestly wouldn't mind dying and losing it all if I could easily replace all that stuff, and maybe the pending changes to silver drops will fix all this.

If they end up with a model like you find in EVE (i.e. losing a mining ship stings, but as long as you can get a few runs in without dying you can replace those losses pretty easily) then I'll be pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
A Black Cock dude scammed me by giving me his Ox and a full load of Exceptional rare mats to refine and he didn't pay me.

If you want to read the epic story on how Space Violence got tricked by a sad Black Cock named Virtus, read here:
https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/13985-Black-Cock-are-not-to-be-trusted/#post154308

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 7, 2015

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Werkwerk posted:

If we have enough people on, I want to try something around 6pm Pacific or a little later tonight. Will need a dozen or so goons though.

If this ends up more fun than murder-balling our way through pubbies, dying in time honored goon tradition and profiting wildly at the end anyway then I may have to wonder what dark arts are being used to entertain everyone.

...and how do people still fall for the basics of scamming? Goon speed to you who can manage it. I never find the good marks.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

InternetJunky posted:

I realise I shouldn't take my mount or good gear into a red zone, but without a mount I can't imagine gathering, and regardless I still need to have 10k+ in gathering tools. I honestly wouldn't mind dying and losing it all if I could easily replace all that stuff, and maybe the pending changes to silver drops will fix all this.

If they end up with a model like you find in EVE (i.e. losing a mining ship stings, but as long as you can get a few runs in without dying you can replace those losses pretty easily) then I'll be pretty happy.

If silver is plentiful, the price of mounts will go up. They are mostly time gated it takes 24 hours to raise a horse. You should buy a big bag and fill with a bit of mats with sprint on boots. You want to make small trips. If you farm for too long you will get seen and get destroyed. In EVE you don't go into 0.0 with an expensive mining ship if you don't own a station there.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

DirtyTalk posted:

We can get you into T3 gear pretty fast. There's plenty of it laying around and almost everyone can craft it. The mats dont take long at all to get. T4 is a little slower but around.

Mount loss blows atm cus goontopia is literally north korea and in a perpetual food and resource famine so no one took the proper time to get into mount crafting. I figure another week and mounts will become more disposable.

All in all, if you don't want to risk dying, you're going to have a bad time in Albion.

4 days into the game I literally lost every single thing I owned trying to bring out mats to goontopia for limitless crafting. I lost my $100 ox and horse and 3 days worth of gathering and crafting in 30 seconds. I was down and out for a day or so, but after that I was fine. You'l live. I dont think anyone will experience what I did.

Raising mounts is incredibly easy. I think all you have to do is pick up like 6 chickens or whatever. Then to saddle it, it's just a small amount of leather.

The reason we dont have a horse fleet is because feeding our territory is more important than feeding horses right now. Plus, newer players don't know how to use horses and lose them.

I'll give you one of mine next time I see you in game dirty.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

is scamming allowed in this game?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

pixaal posted:

If silver is plentiful, the price of mounts will go up. They are mostly time gated it takes 24 hours to raise a horse. You should buy a big bag and fill with a bit of mats with sprint on boots. You want to make small trips. If you farm for too long you will get seen and get destroyed. In EVE you don't go into 0.0 with an expensive mining ship if you don't own a station there.

I wonder. The price of saddled mounts went from 15k, to 12k, to 7k over 3 24 hour peroids. I think many players will sell them for cheaper than the cost of the foal and food because they don't grasp the total cost involved from start to finish.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

HENGRY BUNG posted:

It is, a quota thing. You need to scam people in order to get kudos, other wise goons laugh at you.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

I have been skimming this topic and other commentary on the game looking for crippling flaws that plague all the other "open world EvE-like fantasy games" that I have been previously hyped about, and haven't found any so far. What is the hidden stand out flaw of this game that I am going to discover after I lay down $50?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's in alpha so the balance is pretty whack in some ways.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I am very interested in this game, but after Arche-Age failed horribly I will not buy into a alpha. I am sure this is something I will try out once its released.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

LegendaryFrog posted:

What is the hidden stand out flaw of this game that I am going to discover after I lay down $50?

Erm.. The interface is a shared interface with the tablet version, but still very usable.
Combat could be a little bit more fun, but still isn't bad.
Weapon balance doesn't really exist at the moment.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Right now food is a huge problem and I'm not all that sure the "thing" they are doing now is going to solve the issues. We have three goons who are playing farmville 24x7 so the rest of us can play albiononline. Once this gets sorted we can truely be the plague of albion online. Bercilak approved of course!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

Right now food is a huge problem and I'm not all that sure the "thing" they are doing now is going to solve the issues. We have three goons who are playing farmville 24x7 so the rest of us can play albiononline. Once this gets sorted we can truely be the plague of albion online. Bercilak approved of course!

Pretty much.

Though to be fair, playing Farmville Online in AO has been rewarding, I've learned a lot about the backend mechanics of keeping a goon empire running. And there is scant little info on city/town mechanics and logistics, so we are garnering a lot of knowledge most guilds just wont have before release, unless the public wiki begins filling up quickly.

The basic balance as you tier up is that guilds spend more silver for raw ingredients for food, but they become much much more time efficient.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Greenknight:

Will you be adding uses for gold before summer alpha is over or is that something you are working on for next round?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

quote:

Version 1.0.232 REV 32199 / 06.07.2015

Changes

Set current food amount of all buildings in the world to thier maximum amount
Halved the amount of nutrition points consumed when crafting items

I haven't bothered with personal crafting stations at all, but does this do anything to help with the food issues?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What can an average goon to help with food? I don't have a ton of silver or anything but I have some spare land on my island, can I grow crops to help out?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

InternetJunky posted:

I haven't bothered with personal crafting stations at all, but does this do anything to help with the food issues?

Not really. T4+ crafting will consume less from buildings which was fairly low, but does nothing to address the nutrition consumption of the properties themselves, which is still very, very high, and expensive, even with reseed drops.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
So I'm in the beta, found this thread, but I'm failing at the signup portion of this...I made a forum account but I'm failing at linking my SA account. Can someone help me remove my finger from the outlet?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

vrath posted:

So I'm in the beta, found this thread, but I'm failing at the signup portion of this...I made a forum account but I'm failing at linking my SA account. Can someone help me remove my finger from the outlet?

You're probably being blocked by automatic filters. With having registered here today there's no real way for us to tell if you're a good "fit" with the somewhat unique culture. Post around a bit and let us get to know you then a manual auth can be done. Make an introduction post in debate and discussion subforum so we can debate and discuss it with you to get to know you better. Happy posting!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

vrath posted:

Hi, we welcome you to our community. You are now a Goon. In order to be a real Goon, a member of the famed Gewn Squad, you need to post a little bit more so we are certain your fit in with our rather colorful troupe. Post a little, lurk a little more, check the rules, blend with the crowd and in 3 months or 600 posts you should fit in just fine.

If you survive this trial period, you may play with us for the Albion Beta...

Unfortunately there is no way around this. This is our way to make sure you REALLY want to be Gewn and not just a goon. It would probably help more if you get your forum sig in place as well. You need to Schmooze a little, blend some more... etc. Have fun!

Tempus Thales
Space Violence Recruiting Officer #830

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 7, 2015

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Understood, I know about goon squad, I used to play eve so I'm aware of posting requirements, I just wasn't aware it applied to albion as well. Guess I'll have to hit you guys back around the closed beta launch.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

vrath posted:

Understood, I know about goon squad, I used to play eve so I'm aware of posting requirements, I just wasn't aware it applied to albion as well. Guess I'll have to hit you guys back around the closed beta launch.

then how come you haven't added your forum sig yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:justpost:

I think a few people have joined to play and they've been kinda awol since then

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

A little nervous I guess...I quit reddit after the storm on there last week and decided to join SA as an alternative. I'm still adjusting to the change in environment.

Enemu
May 31, 2014

vrath posted:

decided to join SA as an alternative

You will be sorely disappointed :colbert:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

A little nervous I guess...I quit reddit after the storm on there last week and decided to join SA as an alternative. I'm still adjusting to the change in environment.

uncle eonwe will give you posting tips

1: always post
2: never dont post
3: reddit is loving terrible, but so is SA
4: never, ever, ever loving read or post in Debate and Discussion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Enemu posted:

You will be sorely disappointed :colbert:

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, I picked up on that bait when he told me to post an intro thread there. I went and read D&D and laughed to myself a little bit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

uncle eonwe will give you posting tips

1: always post
2: never dont post
3: reddit is loving terrible, but so is SA

Why you gotta piss in my cheerios?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Oh things happened on our front lawn today!

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 7, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SumYungGui posted:

Why you gotta piss in my cheerios?

Oh lol I didn't even read your post sorry :(

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
This game is fun. PvP is good.

Goon-God tell me give tears to him.

I kill 2 mans and I am terrible PvPer Goon.

Goon-God happy. Give me tetanus.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

HENGRY BUNG posted:

not only allowed but encouraged

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Well I think I missed out by falling behind the curve this alpha... Just moved into a house though, so I really haven't had time. When does this alpha end?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

We just murdered an ox just now.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Ruggan posted:

Well I think I missed out by falling behind the curve this alpha... Just moved into a house though, so I really haven't had time. When does this alpha end?

Huh? We are still running around in t3 and t4. You can easily come on for a few hours, get in t3 and bust some skulls.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the majority of the grinding is over. the devs finally saw the struggle with the food crisis server wide and has eased the burden for all. this means now is the time to :getin: and violence mans

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
dont need to grind anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radioactivedan
Jun 28, 2015
well shucks,

looks like Brazzukas pulled out of the OHGOD Aliiance, their many contributions will be sorely missed

• Locked thread