Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm still pretty hyped for the fight though. I do want it to happen so we'll know how 145 shakes out for the rest of the year.

it ends with Aldo as champ still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SquirrelGrip posted:

yah i got Mendes at $2.42 (Aussie odds are simple) as part of a parlay

also lovely: pendred as a favourite, and betting on mike swick

I didn't either but someone explained them to me in an easy-to-understand way. +175 is basically the same as odds of $2.75 - for a dollar bet you get $1.75 plus your original bet back. -175 is like odds of $1.57 ((100/75)+1) - for every dollar you bet, you get 0.57 plus your bet back.

Or you can just use this easy calculator here.

edit: missed your edit, doesn't matter, have a guide. I got Mendes at $2.85 yesterday, pretty happy to put a $20 on that.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Pwny_Xpress posted:

You realize the two have fought and Mick Diaz broke code and wrestled the poo poo out of him with a torn ACL right? I am as much a Holloway fan as the next guy, I think he doesn't get nearly enough credit. That being said, even with the improvements he has made, Connor would still smoke him.

Did he really smoke him the first time? I remember that fight being a big ball of 'meh.' But then it was right before McDonald/Pickett, which was loving amazing.

On a more general thing, wrestling is, as I understand it, really hard on the knees. Why would a knee injury make you think "well, I better start wrestling"?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Jimmo's grapes are sore sour:

Jimmo's Twitter posted:

"I can't tell you how happy I am to be out of that prison sentence. I don't want to question it too much, I'm just happy I've been released. Just in time before that goofy Reebok deal goes into place."

I am also happy that Jimmo was released and that I won't have to watch him anymore.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wise Learned Man posted:

I am also happy that Jimmo was released and that I won't have to watch him anymore.

I remember him putting James Te Huna in danger twice, losing the fight, then developing an allergy to ever putting anyone in danger again.

EDIT: I forgot that he finished someone called Sean O'Connell, who may very well exist.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

EDIT: I forgot that he finished someone called Sean O'Connell, who may very well exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uKx7YMYgY

He is also the author of The Angel War, book 1. I haven't read it, but he promised it was good in his last post-fight interview, so you should probably buy it: http://www.amazon.com/Light-Guard-The-Angel-Book-ebook/dp/B00ADVLK8W

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skjorte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uKx7YMYgY

He is also the author of The Angel War, book 1. I haven't read it, but he promised it was good in his last post-fight interview, so you should probably buy it: http://www.amazon.com/Light-Guard-The-Angel-Book-ebook/dp/B00ADVLK8W

I actually do remember him now. I think I even remember the fight. He tricked Ryan Jimmo into having a good fight, which is quite a feat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wise Learned Man posted:

Never would have guessed that a fighter whose only talent is doing the Robot would have little upside.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i saw the phrase "conor's wide stance" in a very long post and assume we are talking about cruising for dick in airport bathrooms here

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Dillashaw v Barao is up as a free fight if anyone feels like reliving the beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vzRDv5PdI

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Chad Mendes is way more handsome than McGregor and that is why he will win.

This is very incorrect

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jediguy posted:

Dillashaw v Barao is up as a free fight if anyone feels like reliving the beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vzRDv5PdI

One of my favorite fights of all time, thanks for the heads up.

Conor looks scary during his weight cuts. Hopefully he doesn't end up a prime example of how harmful they are to these fighters over time.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

This is very incorrect

I'd gently caress Chad

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SquirrelGrip posted:

I'd gently caress Chad

He is not bad looking, but Conor is much more handsome.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Brittney Palmer's husband has been charged with attempting to murder her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lid posted:

Who is she?

e: Oh a ring girl

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

EmmyOk posted:

There just isn't a Nope big enough.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Lid posted:

bummer. from what it sounds like he was a super controlling psycho. I wonder if that has anything to do with her plastic surgery frenzy.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

I really wish these fights would happen so we have some new poo poo to discuss.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

I wonder if that has anything to do with her plastic surgery frenzy.

Jesus Christ dude

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

-Atom- posted:

Jesus Christ dude

Jesus Christ as in why would I say that?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think he means her husband being a controlling psycho being the factor that lead him to trying to kill her rather than her surgeries being the factor. Both are very dumb though.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

I really wish these fights would happen so we have some new poo poo to discuss.

I'm perfectly fine with seeing y'all break down the entire card based on who is the most handsomest and therefore best suited to win a rousing game of sweaty hugging

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gramps posted:

I'm perfectly fine with seeing y'all break down the entire card based on who is the most handsomest and therefore best suited to win a rousing game of sweaty hugging

I think we need to ban Sexy Carlos from these discussions as he is simply too handsome that he throws everyone elses' stats off. Discuss

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

I meant that I wonder if her crazy psycho douche husband was the driving factor behind the surgeries. then I realized who gives a gently caress. then I said I wish some fights happened. it was a dumb thought atom, surely you can sympathize.

Gramps posted:

you're in luck, friend.

POTATO IN MY ANUS fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 8, 2015

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

There just isn't a Nope big enough.

yea wtf is this poo poo

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i saw the phrase "conor's wide stance" in a very long post and assume we are talking about cruising for dick in airport bathrooms here

I'm pretty sure that post was about someone sucking Conor's dick but an airport was not featured iirc.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Wonder if Neil Magny will ever fight Robbie Lawler, and when he does, will it be a good fight?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'm pretty sure that post was about someone sucking Conor's dick but an airport was not featured iirc.

I mean I thought I was just discussing a big UFC fight in the UFC discussion thread but oh well. I can get behind dick sucking conversation too believe me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

His skin has cleared up and he has a nice hair cut and beard going now, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Meowbot posted:

Wonder if Neil Magny will ever fight Robbie Lawler, and when he does, will it be a good fight?

Magny probably dies in that fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

His skin has cleared up and he has a nice hair cut and beard going now, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Some people wear beards to make them more handsome like Carlos Condit. Other people wear beards to hide how ugly they are like Conor McGregor.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Some people wear beards to make them more handsome like Carlos Condit. Other people wear beards to hide how ugly they are like Conor McGregor.

Carlos is equally handsome with and without, it just isn't fair. I dunno I think he's a good looking dude, imo chad would be much better looking if he wasn't so muscly for such a small size

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
PLEASE STOP THIS

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Do you want to save all this talk for an episode of your podcast, slaying tang with Jason M

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

We need a fight already. You guys are going off the deep end...

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yall also think Lyoto is attractive despite him looking like Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy so maybe you should simmer down on PSP Loveline

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that EmmyOK person is very obsessed with Conor McGregor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Now Conor has a hell of a reach can we extrapolate this out to speculate on his dick size? And how will it affect the Mendes fight?

• Locked thread