Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Add me for balling action PSN RadValtar.

How many players to a team in MP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rad Valtar posted:

Add me for balling action PSN RadValtar.

How many players to a team in MP?

Game has 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. 3v3 is "standard" but I personally enjoy 2v2 the most by far.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just got this for steam but it says the servers are down, anyone else getting this?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I am bad at this game, I can't time a jump properly.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ColoradoCleric posted:

Just got this for steam but it says the servers are down, anyone else getting this?

Servers are shared between PS4 and PC, and have been down all day unfortunately.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rad Valtar posted:

I am bad at this game, I can't time a jump properly.

It'll happen. A lot. But eventually you'll be connecting like it aint no thang.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
The season mode is really frustrating when Hollywood will NOT STOP SCORING ON OUR OWN GOAL.

PULL IT TOGETHER HOLLYWOOD! :argh:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Talkc posted:

The season mode is really frustrating when Hollywood will NOT STOP SCORING ON OUR OWN GOAL.

Yeah, having played a lot in the beta, I started playing a season with Pro-level AI. I thought I must have regressed horribly because my team lost an embarrassing number of matches. So then I played a 1v1 exhibition on Pro and destroyed my opponent without breaking a sweat.

I know that I can get a lot better, and I know it's not ENTIRELY their fault, but my teammates are really bad, you guys. Half the time I feel like I'm playing 1v5 instead of 3v3.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Pro bots like to not strike and score own goals. Try bumping it up to all star bots, your teammates will actually do stuff. Bots don't do aerials so even if you can semi-reliably get the little 10-footer bounces you should do fine.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Talkc posted:

Hollywood just scored 2 own goals in my opening match. Luckily I saved the team with 4 goals. You're off the team Hollywood!

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
All star bots on the CPU side are really drat effective at accurate long shots and slamming in passes if you let some through the crease. Definitely better than most people playing online will be. Playing as a goalkeeper on defense seems like a must.

The bots are surprisingly good in many ways, but they completely break if they would have to block shots when they are driving towards their own goal. Usually the bot will just drive into the own goal slightly before the ball rolls in.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus Christ... the options menu for camera gives me a goddamn hard on.

FOV, camera angle, camera height. Camera distances. Stiffness.. Swivel Speed... hnnnnngggghhh!

[edit] Real Pros FOV the poo poo out of it and change the angle to see up more. Holy poo poo in like 20 seconds it changed my game completely. BALL AWARENESS, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 8, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
icking fudiot: I'm noticing kind of a screen-tear on fast movement regardless of V Sync being on or off... is this related to FOV/Camera changes being outside the default norm?

[edit] Yeah it's real loving bad, actually. I see no difference between V Sync on or off... :\

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'll be heading to Evo on the 17th and will likely bring my PS4 to set up Rocket League in the LAN section. If anyone else is going to be there and wants to play at some point (if it works out, I'll be setting up while some friends spectate stuff I'm not interested in) hit me up!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

:siren: SERVERS UP :siren:

For real!

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Feenix posted:

icking fudiot: I'm noticing kind of a screen-tear on fast movement regardless of V Sync being on or off... is this related to FOV/Camera changes being outside the default norm?

[edit] Yeah it's real loving bad, actually. I see no difference between V Sync on or off... :\

VSync may not toggle correctly without a reboot, that was a bug awhile back, not sure if it got fixed.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

:siren: SERVERS UP :siren:

For real!

shh you'll break it

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

icking fudiot posted:

shh you'll break it

I'm taking them down kicking and screaming!!

Really tho, hope it wasn't something people weren't supposed to notice. At least I only told these boards, so like, you know, 20 people.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

VSync may not toggle correctly without a reboot, that was a bug awhile back, not sure if it got fixed.

Yes. Noticed when I came back it was neat and tidy again. Once you turn it off, no amount of toggling will make it active again. Cheers, not a big one, but definitely still a bug that's there... :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

servers still down for me.

am i right in my feeling that the ball locked camera is only for finding the ball and sucks rear end for trying to hit it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a cop posted:

I'm taking them down kicking and screaming!!

Really tho, hope it wasn't something people weren't supposed to notice. At least I only told these boards, so like, you know, 20 people.

It's searching but to no avail. :\

Real hurthling! posted:

servers still down for me.

am i right in my feeling that the ball locked camera is only for finding the ball and sucks rear end for trying to hit it?

I thought I liked the Ball Locked Camera in beta but a Ball Locked camera and a ball in motion = you absolutely loving up your angle of approach and missing.

The fact that there is an option for Ball Lock being a "press and hold" option is pretty telling. Basically if you whiff the ball or it gets behind you, you lock it, spin around to face it, and unlock it. I feel like that is the pro maneuver.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I was just able to hop into a private 1v1 immediately but other people are reporting mixed results.

If anyone wants to try to play a private or in general add gimeaRUBDOWN.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

I was just able to hop into a private 1v1 immediately but other people are reporting mixed results.

If anyone wants to try to play a private or in general add gimeaRUBDOWN.

The servers can't come online fast enough for demand, it may take awhile to even out assuming poo poo doesn't hit the fan again.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

The servers can't come online fast enough for demand, it may take awhile to even out assuming poo poo doesn't hit the fan again.

I mean, I kinda wanna play online, but this is (in a way) a good problem to have. I'm glad you guys are feeling the love. :)

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I was pretty happy to hear this was a ps+ game. Then strangely disappointed I couldn't give you money. I don't think I've ever had that feeling before. I hope they compensated you dudes better than you could have managed on your own though. I know I was gonna hype this poo poo up for sure, but ps+ gives you a ton of players who would never have thought to buy this game. It's gotta be great publicity.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Harton posted:

I was pretty happy to hear this was a ps+ game. Then strangely disappointed I couldn't give you money. I don't think I've ever had that feeling before. I hope they compensated you dudes better than you could have managed on your own though. I know I was gonna hype this poo poo up for sure, but ps+ gives you a ton of players who would never have thought to buy this game. It's gotta be great publicity.

Easy Fix for more money. Devs go bigger on some really cool DLC and we pay them for it. Win-Win.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

1v1 ranked is so goddamn good. I'm addicted.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Watched some of Kronovi's stream, which made me feel like I am terrible at this game (I am terrible at it) but it is a shitload of fun.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Talkc posted:

I think the devs may have purposely made Hollywood retarded as a joke because he scored a bunch of own goals for me too.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

This game is loving rad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8gEbFY9WY

Had no idea what this was until I downloaded and played it. A welcome surprise! Hope the MP servers work tonight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

4v4 chaos is loving amazing. this is even more fun than Helldivers, jesus christ what a loving awesome game

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

PirateNipple posted:

This game is loving rad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8gEbFY9WY

Had no idea what this was until I downloaded and played it. A welcome surprise! Hope the MP servers work tonight.

God drat! Good shot.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I want to unlock all the cosmetics but I also want there to be more cosmetic items to unlock.

Please add 100+ more unlockables as DLC tia

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TotalHell posted:

I want to unlock all the cosmetics but I also want there to be more cosmetic items to unlock.

Yeah. I've unlocked almost all of them already :( A pack of unlockables would actually be pretty cool, as apposed to just buying the items outright.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

TotalHell posted:

Yeah it's a real shame that 60-70% of the customization options are made up of getting the same decals for the different cars.

Also it makes me sad that they sprung for an awesome soundtrack that you only ever hear when you idle at the main menu. Give us the options of cranking the tunes up while in-game :argh:

Online is pretty much a shitshow of 600 ping players flying through the ball right now so it may be wise to hold off until they get everything fully fixed :(

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I've been working on aerials with the servers down and had this beauty from beyond the ark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMLRVnzWsI

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

I've been working on aerials with the servers down and had this beauty from beyond the ark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMLRVnzWsI

:chanpop: Dayummm.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Matchmaking’s been pretty weird in that I’ve almost kept getting 4-0 victories except one game where we lost. Not that I’m not having fun - but I guess there are some people on the receiving end who aren’t.

I also had to stop due to some really heavy lag, so I hope they’re not about to crash again.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

ufarn posted:

Matchmaking’s been pretty weird in that I’ve almost kept getting 4-0 victories except one game where we lost. Not that I’m not having fun - but I guess there are some people on the receiving end who aren’t.

Most people haven't played too many games yet. It takes awhile for most people to have sort of a reliable ranking.

Managed to get few 4vs4 in a private match in. Fun as hell. Couple of instances where somebody dropped from the game, and bots didn't replace them, but this I can live with. I'm just happy the servers seemed pretty fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I think win/loss ratio is messed up. forgot a percentage multiplier. Says 0.75 win/loss ratio with 15 wins and 5 losses.