Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Rich Gannon ruled

For like 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Every time I get on Sirius XM i always stammer like an idiot when Rich Gannon is on

Hey rich gosh huge raiders fan here, just yknow, really loved your work and im a big fan, uh, yeah, how do uh, you uh think the Raiders are gonna do next year i'm thinking 9-7 ill get off the air and take your comments

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

For real, have you never watched Arrested Development?

effectual posted:

I cant stand that show.

:frogout:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Arrested Development is an okay, not great show that everyone says they love so that they can be soooo contrarian. If the show was actually good, it would have been on the air longer and not relegated to being rebooted on Netflix in a way that makes every fan cringe at how bad it's become. Basically, it's a show for hipsters. Or, if Earthbound was a TV show.

Am I being trolled?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

King Hong Kong posted:

You are sincerely defending Wilson's performance during that game? Just admit he was incredibly bad because he was.

Please, please, Seattle make Wilson the highest paid player in the league.

I'm trying to put his statistics into context instead of just going "lol ints are bad so he is always bad guys". Try to keep up.

I mean really, do you think the two interceptions I specifically drew attention to are 100% Wilson's fault?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Burger Trench posted:

Am I being trolled?

I think hes saying he doesn't like Earthbound

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Giants were so bad the most important era for the league.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

I'm trying to put his statistics into context instead of just going "lol ints are bad so he is always bad guys". Try to keep up.

I mean really, do you think the two interceptions I specifically drew attention to are 100% Wilson's fault?

Like 75% probably if he had better accuracy and could see over the oline maybe he'd be better.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

seiferguy posted:

Arrested Development is an okay, not great show that everyone says they love so that they can be soooo contrarian. If the show was actually good, it would have been on the air longer and not relegated to being rebooted on Netflix in a way that makes every fan cringe at how bad it's become

da fuq is this

The show was loving brilliant and nobody likes it to be contrarian, being contrarian would be your opinion here. Also lol at the idea that if a show gets cancelled it couldn't have been good. Good shows that have niche audiences get cancelled all the time.

In football news TMZ (take it for whatever that's worth) says the hospital is launching an investigation into the JPP thing, which if true would rule out the slim possibility of JPP signing off on the release of the records: http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/09/jason-pierre-paul-hospital-launches-aggressive-investigation-into-medical-records/

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Regnevelc posted:

gently caress you all.

E: the cardinals own, dammit.

I would agree. They are fairly Just.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

Like 75% probably if he had better accuracy and could see over the oline maybe he'd be better.

Ooooooooohhh. I get it now.

Rodgers wouldn't have lost the NFCCG if he hadn't been distracted by the butts of his offensive line. Until nick Mangold's sister plays center Rodgers will always be too distracted to totally commit on the field.

Am I doing this right?

Parmesan Basil posted:

I would agree. They are fairly Just.

Someone doesn't follow Dockett on twitter.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

Wilson had a crappy game that was amplified by Kearse's stone hands. I wouldn't say it was indicative of his play in the playoffs, because he was certainly fine in previous playoff games before that (look at his numbers in the NFC divisional we lost to Atlanta, he went all out there). I think it'd be silly to indicate his play by 1 bad game and 1 unfortunate throw. He's going to probably be overpaid, but I'd rather have him than go to the dumpster to look for a franchise QB.

Wilson has played in eight post season games. He's played pretty poorly in about two and a half of them. I don't think that's particularly egregious considering how difficult it is to win in the playoffs. Just think of all crummy playoff games Peyton Manning had.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Burger Trench posted:

Am I being trolled?

Nope, products only fail because they're bad, the free market has spoken!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Nope, products only fail because they're bad, the free market has spoken!

How I Met Your Mother is a better show than the Wire. I know this because 9 seasons> 5

Checkmate

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
2 Broke Girls is a good show because of the ratings

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

NC-17 posted:

Wilson has played in eight post season games. He's played pretty poorly in about two and a half of them. I don't think that's particularly egregious considering how difficult it is to win in the playoffs. Just think of all crummy playoff games Peyton Manning had.

Yeah, Wilson owns. Sorry haters.

Matt Stafford sucks and cant win in the playoffs or regular season lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Ooooooooohhh. I get it now.

Rodgers wouldn't have lost the NFCCG if he hadn't been distracted by the butts of his offensive line. Until nick Mangold's sister plays center Rodgers will always be too distracted to totally commit on the field.

Am I doing this right?

Someone doesn't follow Dockett on twitter.

Nah Rodgers did decent considering he could barely move in the pocket. The special teams lost it. Just like how Wilson lost the Super Bowl.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Matt Stafford is Wilson if Wilson could throw the ball or be attractive or have fun or not be a unlikable dweeb

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

Nah Rodgers did decent considering he could barely move in the pocket. The special teams lost it. Just like how Wilson lost the Super Bowl.

"Wilson lost the Super Bowl" is a really easy and lame talking point. The game wasn't lost until Michael Bennett jumped offsides when we had NE pinned on their own 1 yardline. Honestly, I don't think Bennett deserves a raise just because of that terrible loving play. He deserves a lot more flack than he got for that poo poo. :sigh:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
All of the Seahawks equally lost it, except for Marshawn Lynch.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Chichevache posted:

1 for 8 in the first half: solid play.

I'm basing this off of memory, but on at least two of those interceptions he was throwing against pretty good coverage - I think including one of those tipped passes - if not double coverage. He was amazing against some really bad defensive play at the end. Sorry that your otherwise good quarterback had a bad game that the team won anyway.

Edit:
I watched that highlight clip to refresh my memory. The first interception isn't exactly Wilson's fault, but it isn't a good pass either. I can only assume the receivers down the field were covered, but on 3rd and 7, the targeted receiver was well short of the first down and did not have enough separation to make the catch and the first down while Clinton-Dix was coming in to help anyway. It's a bad decision made worse by the receiver. The second and third interceptions seem mostly to have been Wilson's fault. The fourth interception was comparable to the first, but more understandable given the situation.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 9, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chichevache posted:

"Wilson lost the Super Bowl" is a really easy and lame talking point. The game wasn't lost until Michael Bennett jumped offsides when we had NE pinned on their own 1 yardline. Honestly, I don't think Bennett deserves a raise just because of that terrible loving play. He deserves a lot more flack than he got for that poo poo. :sigh:

It's an easy talking point because it's correct!

Also maybe the whole defense shouldn't be leaning on top of dudes with their hands on the ground. Isn't Bennett looking mostly for actual guaranteed money in his contract after this season more than a raise?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

It's an easy talking point because it's correct!

Also maybe the whole defense shouldn't be leaning on top of dudes with their hands on the ground.

Skip to 2:27:50 to see Bennett jump and cost us the game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkJ1tfalQM

To me it looks like the players behind him are trying to pull him back because they know Bennett will jump offsides, like he often does. You can see it on the first drive of the NFCCG.

Bennett literally lead the league in offsides penalties last year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chichevache posted:

especially since that was literally the most obvious attempt to draw someone offsides all season long

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

especially since that was literally the most obvious attempt to draw someone offsides all season long

:agreed: Bellichick is no slouch. He knew exactly who he was dealing with, and he knew how anxious they would be. I'm not saying the defense would have forced the safety and won the game for us for sure, it would still take a miracle for Seattle to win after that INT. But the game wasn't over until that flag was thrown.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Skip to 2:27:50 to see Bennett jump and cost us the game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkJ1tfalQM

To me it looks like the players behind him are trying to pull him back because they know Bennett will jump offsides, like he often does. You can see it on the first drive of the NFCCG.

Bennett literally lead the league in offsides penalties last year.

Keep watching the video to see Bruce Irvin be a child and get thrown out of the game

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Keep watching the video to see Bruce Irvin be a child and get thrown out of the game

I did. It owned. :allears:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
They should have just let him and Gronkowski go at it but I don't think anyone needed to see Rob Gronkowski drink Fireball out of Bruce Irvin's boiled skull

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They should have just let him and Gronkowski go at it but I don't think anyone needed to see Rob Gronkowski drink Fireball out of Bruce Irvin's boiled skull

I need to see that. Gronk owns and I am really happy he finally had a healthy season and got that ring he deserved. Can we trade Graham for him?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Knowing how the NFL goes we will probably have some playoff rematches this season so you guys can settle this slap fight.

*Bengals still lose in first round

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ross Angeles posted:

The Raiders had three playoff appearances in the fifteen years before Gannon and none since.

They haven't been perennial contenders in 30 years

Three in thirteen and that was their biggest slump since the current one. By winning % they were a top 5 team thru 2002.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Speaking of! someone made a pretty neat site showing off how each team has performed over any given period of time: http://www.frivoletics.com/team-performances-over-different-spans-of-time/nfl/

The saints have been pretty decent since the mid 80's.

If you want a horror show, click the Cardinals.

new graph, same cardinals

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Man and his dog posted:

Knowing how the NFL goes we will probably have some playoff rematches this season so you guys can settle this slap fight.

*Bengals still lose in first round

Packers @ Hawks is week 2 SNF.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but it's all about that postseason baby.

Still wet for that week 2 game though.

:holy:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Kenny Stabler just died

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
drat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MrLogan posted:

Three in thirteen and that was their biggest slump since the current one. By winning % they were a top 5 team thru 2002.

Winning a whole bunch of games 40 years ago doesn't mean you still get to be considered a consistent contender

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Chichevache posted:

Packers @ Hawks is week 2 SNF.

Hawks @ Packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:nyd:

• Locked thread