Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Sherman, who devastated the lands of the rebels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Cathulhu posted:

Please tell me there are batman events.

No batman events, but there is a Thom and Martha Wayne who start out as patricians in the republic of New York.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cathulhu posted:

Please tell me there are batman events.

A Heresy revering some kind of man-bat that strikes down the unworthy?

An adventurer claiming to be the last descendant of the House of Wayne (and clutching pre-war documents of strange layout) raising troops to press his claim?

An event-chain where your richest and most layabout courtier turns out to have a secret? (Big boost to the courtier's Martial and Intrigue when the chain is complete, but may be problematic if your ruler is brutal or impious)

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

The Lone Badger posted:

A Heresy revering some kind of man-bat that strikes down the unworthy?

An adventurer claiming to be the last descendant of the House of Wayne (and clutching pre-war documents of strange layout) raising troops to press his claim?

An event-chain where your richest and most layabout courtier turns out to have a secret? (Big boost to the courtier's Martial and Intrigue when the chain is complete, but may be problematic if your ruler is brutal or impious)

Actually, you could probably refluff the Robin Hood event chain to make it a Batman one.

On a different note, is Emperor Norton represented in the game somehow?

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

The Sandman posted:

Actually, you could probably refluff the Robin Hood event chain to make it a Batman one.

On a different note, is Emperor Norton represented in the game somehow?

He's in the history files as the legendary first Emperor of California, and is one of the prophets of the Cetic religion (Alongside Buddha, Muhammad, and Hubbard, among others...).

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cathulhu posted:

This is the one reference I don't get, could someone please explain it.
William T Sherman. Say Sure Man out loud it will become clear. :sherman:

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

Agean90 posted:

William T Sherman. Say Sure Man out loud it will become clear. :sherman:

Only with an American accent though.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Library of Congress posted:

The Holy Americus, First Book of Lincoln

Passage 1
In the days when the tribes numbered 34, 1
the deceiver Benedict went out amongst some of the tribes and said, 2
"Your fathers and grandfathers were the first to come to this land, 3
it was promised to them. Why should you now share it with these new tribes, 4
whose people are of strange skin and hair? 5
Rather, place chains upon these strangers and claim the fruits of their labors for yourselves." 6

Passage 2
Many believed the words of Benedict and took men and women as slaves, saying 1
"You shall be ours, like cattle and horses, 2
and the fruits of your labor shall be ours, 3
and the fruit of your wombs shall be ours." 4

Passage 3
Great wealth came to the tribes from this, 1
but great curses came from this too. 2
Monsters and demons began to wander the forests and fields, 3
and land that was once fertile became wasteland. 4
But the tribesmen ignored these signs of the Father's displeasure. 5

Passage 4
It so happened that in these days there lived a man named Garrison, 1
who worked as a scribe in Boston. 2
One night as he slept Father Jefferson came to him in a dream and said, 3
"Go to our wayward children and remind them of the laws of the Constitution, 4
for they have fallen to vice and sin." 5

Queen Petra calls upon her levies and vassals and amasses a force of 15,000 men under her personal command to lay siege to the city of Philadelphia.

Her husband Richard, however, opts to pursue a project of his own: subjugating what remains of the Kingdom of Ohio. The powerful Duke of Raritan supports him in this undertaking and it seems unlikely that the beleaguered realm of Ohio will be able to resist the finest military mind in Columbia-Delmarva.

Petra's undertaking, however, is supported by many in the faith, who wish to see Philadelphia returned to Americanist hands. In every city along the east coast courts take up donations to support the Penrose queen.

Another Americanist invasion is underway far to the west, where a charming young courtier has convinced the Count of Genesee to fund an invasion of Isle Royale, a small 45 mile long strip of land in Lake Superior. A strange plot to be sure, but it may meet with some success.

In October of 2861 the city gates of Philadelphia fall. Under strict orders from the queen, the Columbian forces leave the populace unmolested.

The war has been going for more than a year before the Redcoats and their allies in the Maritimes seem to react. A large fleet of Maritiman ships appears, carrying a couple thousand men. They are easily dispatched and among the chaos of their flight one of the princes of the Maritimes is caught.

The war drags on without anything but minor Redcoat forces in sight. They prove good target practice for the firearmed queen, if nothing else.

A significant British army is finally spotted at Hoboken in 2864, where the infantry-heavy force is easily outmaneuvered by the heavy Delawarean dragoons of Petra's army.

It is enough to convince the Lord Admiral to surrender the city.

With the loss of Philadelphia the naval might of the Dominion has been dealt another crushing blow. The ships that escape limp back to the capital city of Boston and Petra retains the ancient city for her demesnes.

Her piety proven by retaking Philadelphia, the judges of the realm are more than happy to support her proposed changes to the succession laws.

The Dominion, still reeling from the loss of Philadelphia, loses much of the Hudson shore when the Duchy of the Green Mountains passes out of the realm.

To celebrate her victory Queen Petra calls for a grand tournament to be held on the National Mall at Washington. Amongst the crowd of spectators the peace is kept by the Royal Dragoons, whose red, white and blue plate armor, light crossbows and chain-draped mounts are an intimidating sight.

It is perhaps a sign of approval for Petra's reign from the Fathers that all three winners of the contest are women.

The tournament and festivities wrap up in August and everyone agrees that it was a magnificent spectacle. It does much to strengthen the prestige of the realm and the queen.

The tournament also provides a chance for many to meet the new Duke of Maryland and future king of Columbia-Delmarva, Andrew I Penrose. Andrew is not able to stay long, however, because the war that claimed his father's life in Ohio demands his attention.

With the death of her first husband, Petra is now forced to rely more on her own knowledge of war. For some this might be a challenge, but Queen Petra is no weakling and after a short period of grief she remarries and takes up her sword again, vowing to push the Duke of Green Mountains out of the Catskills.

At Cooperstown she meets Duke Hudson II on the field of battle. Her heavy cavalry crush the Hudsonian light cavalry and allow her to hit the main battle line in the rear with a thousand light cavalry.

No longer in the shadow of her more accomplished husband, Petra is beginning to gain a reputation for bold, aggressive action on the battlefield.

When not at war Petra likes to spend her time hunting or debating with her theologian friends. One of them, Judge Truesdell, gifts her a young hunting dog of distinguished breeding. She is delighted, and names the puppy Faithful.

In 2866 the war her son inherited finishes. The tattered remnants of Ohio are incorporated into the lands of the Duke of Maryland.

In December another victory is scored against the Duke of Green Mountains, convincing him that there is no hope of resisting the Penrose queen. The war ends and Columbia grows once more.

The next few years are quieter. Strikeball continues to grow in popularity throughout the realm, providing the nobility with a delightful spectator sport and peasants with a reason to learn to be good at hitting things with a club.

Petra continues to indulge in grand hunts, traipsing through the woods with her courtiers in tow.

When one of these hunts fails to bag the famed white stag, Petra finds comfort in long conversations with a local peasant.

In 2870 outrageous news comes from the west. The Catholics, engaged in yet another of their Crusades for Rio Grande, have actually won for once! The Kings of Iowa and Platte funded the Knights of Columbus in the war, allowing the holy order to defeat the forces of King Carbajal IV of Rio Grande.

In recognition of their services, the knights have been granted all of the conquered lands from the Crusade. This amounts to a sizable portion of the wealthy Gulf Coast.

In 2871 President Bielow passes away. Petra, now old enough, enters the race.

Initial polls show the reclaimer of Philadelphia far ahead of her opponents.

Meanwhile, the Queen spends time at home training Faithful.

The election day comes and the votes are cast. Where her father failed, Petra has succeeded. The presidency is bestowed to Queen Petra, the first female President in over 200 years.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
The people need to know: did President Petra change her wig because it polled better???? :downswords: what a coronation.

What unlocks Americanist Crusades? A crusade for New England would be so appropriate right now. Apparently they are called Liberation Wars. Bollocks. They should obviously be called Revolutionary Wars. Both the LP and the Mod are amazing.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Lu Yan posted:

The people need to know: did President Petra change her wig because it polled better???? :downswords: what a coronation.

What unlocks Americanist Crusades? A crusade for New England would be so appropriate right now. Apparently they are called Liberation Wars. Bollocks. They should obviously be called Revolutionary Wars. Both the LP and the Mod are amazing.

I'm not sure what is going on with her headgear. For a time she was switching between a wig and a fur hat every second.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Our heir doesn't look too talented. But Long Live President Petra!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Lu Yan posted:

I think Americanist crusades are currently disabled in the game, but given that they would be declared unilaterally by the President and the Constitution does not grant the President the power to declare wars, I'd say they ought to be called "Police Actions" or "Military Interventions".

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Reveilled posted:

I think Americanist crusades are currently disabled in the game, but given that they would be declared unilaterally by the President and the Constitution does not grant the President the power to declare wars, I'd say they ought to be called "Police Actions" or "Military Interventions".

They should all be called Opeartion: _________ __________ and the two blanks are randomized from a list. Operation Screaming Pelican, Operation Golden Falcon, Operation Seductive Shoehorn, etc...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait, did a peasant woman just seduce our president? Which option did you take? It's sometimes hard to tell from the screenshots.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Clayren posted:

They should all be called Opeartion: _________ __________ and the two blanks are randomized from a list. Operation Screaming Pelican, Operation Golden Falcon, Operation Seductive Shoehorn, etc...

Enduring Freedom

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Reveilled posted:

"Peacekeeping."

Those who participate gain the Peacekeeper trait.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Americanists really should have access to Elective Succession.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Wait, did a peasant woman just seduce our president? Which option did you take? It's sometimes hard to tell from the screenshots.

Things are about to get a little weird.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

JT Jag posted:

Americanists really should have access to Elective Succession.

I think everyone who isn't an unreformed pagan has access to Elective.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Reveilled posted:

I think everyone who isn't an unreformed pagan has access to Elective.

I believe Americanists should have Patrician Elective, to represent the Oligarchical control over the American sheeple. :smug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I believe Americanists should have Patrician Elective, to represent the Oligarchical control over the American sheeple. :smug:
Whenever inland republics actually are implemented, it should be the default govtype for Americanists.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Library of Congress posted:

The Holy Americus, Fourth Book of Lincoln

Passage 13
But though his body was mortally wounded, his spirit did not flee.1
The earth rejected his blood and the flies of the air would not land upon him.2
The people were much afraid, but an angel of the Fathers came amongst them and said,3
"Why do you weep?"4

Passage 14
The apostle Brown replied,1
"We weep for our president, who dwelt among us and led us against the unfaithful."2
But the angel laid hands upon them all in reassurance, saying,3
"The one for whom you weep is not dead, for that which is divine cannot die.4
Of Fatherly birth was he, a 41st to replace the accursed Benedict.5
Lincoln now dwells with the Fathers."6

Passage 15
All who heard this were amazed and the apostles,1
Douglas, Brown, Garrison, Tubman, Sherman, Grant, Shaw, 2
went forth throughout the realm,3
proclaiming the word of the angel.4

With her election to the presidency, Petra begins focusing more on internally reforming the kingdom. The greatest failure of her ancestor Nehem the Great was that his realm was never strongly centralized, which meant that after his son Elijah the Conqueror died the realm splintered. This weakness allowed the Redcoat Dominion to swallow kingdoms piecemeal. The task before Petra will be ensure that she leaves behind a strong and stable realm. Her pet, Faithful, helps keep the queen diligent and ready for this task.

The first step is to stabilize the neighboring kingdom of Appalachia, which might easily be targeted by the Holy Columbian Confederacy during its long period of civil war and raids by foreign pagans. As luck would have it, she has a perfect candidate to do this in her third husband, Celeron.

Two armies of about 5,000 soldiers each are raised, though the depleted realm shows no signs of putting up much resistance.

In December a small force is sighted and pursued into Hazard. As usual the Columbians have the cavalry advantage and at one point King Celeron Hogg himself ramps over several enemy infantrymen on his horse, a red charger he calls The General.

By 2875 most of southern Appalachia is under Columbian occupation.

It does not take much longer for the king to surrender his crown to Celeron. The remaining rebels and raiders plaguing the realm are hunted down by the royal dragoons, their bodies displayed as a warning: the Americanist army is ready to swoop in and restore peace at a moments notice.

President Petra returns to Washington where she holds a number of great feasts and hunts, improving the prestige of her realm both at home and abroad. In 2877 she scores a great victory in this regard when she hunts down the famous white stag. The head of the magnificent creature is stuffed and mounted over her throne at the Pentagon.

But the stag is perhaps cursed, for a most troubling thing occurs soon afterwards. The female lover President Petra had taken in secret gives birth and the woman claims that she has bedded nobody but Petra. The president would have doubted this, but the pregnancy began and ended in less than a month. Petra is unsure if this is a curse or some plan of the Fathers, and ponders the mystery deeply.

In June news comes of a war between the Maritimes and the Redcoats.

War is a simple and predictable subject for Petra, far more predictable than virginal lesbians giving birth. Perhaps to distract herself, perhaps to dispel rumors of strange devilry occurring at the court, she takes advantage of the Lord Admiral's distracted state and declares war for the holy city of Boston.

Outside New York President Petra assembles a force of 20,000 men, nearly 3,500 of them mounted warriors.

But rumors of disease in the interior of New England make Petra hesitant to move onto the Redcoat capital too quickly. Instead, she splits her force in two and begins sieging holdings near the border.

In 2879 the first sizable Redcoat force arrives to put down a couple thousand rebels in Fishkill. The Columbian armies move in to strike at the 5,500 Redcoats before they can rest from the battle.

The British are slaughtered as they retreat across the Hudson.

In May the two armies begin sieging the holdings of the Duchy of Boston. Boston was the first place where the Redcoats landed and has served as the Dominion's capital and primary port ever since.

The Redcats, however, do not seem intent on defending the city. Months pass and the Columbians are unopposed.

The Lord Admiral himself is spotted leading a force at Middleburgh. The battle is short, as the Columbian army has more cavalry and heavy infantry.

Nursing a broken leg from the battle, the Lord Admiral gives up and surrenders the duchy to Petra. The last holy site of Americanism on the east coast has returned to the faithful. As Petra walks the streets of the city, she marvels at the sights and history. It was here that Elijah Shuguin I, the son of a wealthy landowner, started a dynasty that united the feuding Yankee tribes into a proper kingdom and reformed the Occultist faith. It was here that the British landed and created a massive, though brief, empire that brought a grand influx of new ideas and goods into America. But it was here too that the 13 tribes of America first resisted foreign tyranny, hanging tea around their necks to remind themselves of the bitterness of slavery and setting the Inglish fleet ablaze. The lands of the duchy are divided among Petra's younger sons.

But the President has more sons than land to give and one of them, the talented Prince Richard, has grown tired of waiting for a chance to lead. He approaches his mother and requests her permission to travel with some British merchants across the ocean for several years. Eager to establish trade with the wealth of Europe, she agrees and sends him away with her blessing and a small detachment of loyal dragoons.

In 2881the 55 year old President of the faithful and Queen of Columbia-Delmarva holds a grand celebration for the reclamation of Boston.

But there is another reason for the feast. When the foreign dignitaries and feudal vassals are all in attendance she declares herself Empress of Columbia and Queen of Columbia, Delmarva and Alleghania.

It is a new day in America.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

She, what, how.

Did we legitimize the weird miracle child?

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Night10194 posted:

She, what, how.

Children. She ended up having two before i got weirded out and ended the relationship. They are two bastards and I am mulling over what to do with them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Clayren posted:

Children. She ended up having two before i got weirded out and ended the relationship. They are two bastards and I am mulling over what to do with them.

It's obviously the will of the Fathers or something. Legitimize the weird as gently caress kids and see what happens.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Some of the glitches in this game are just fantastic. Too bad you ended it though. It was probably the only way your character could have more children at her age.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Yeah, this is, sadly or not, depending on how you feel about it, one of the many, many bugs getting fixed in the next expansion/patch. What are you going to do now that you have the empire of columbia?

Also, for anyone interested: My new holy orders are part of the mod now as of the latest comit. I hope to get at least one for every reformable religion. The eone I'm working on at the moment is the occultists, who may resurrect the ancient esoteric order known only as the Freemasons.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Clayren posted:

Legitimize them obviously

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This is clearly a miracle of Saint Lewinsky.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

They may have defied the laws of nature itself to be born at all, but by the laws of the land, they are your children!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

NewMars posted:

Also, for anyone interested: My new holy orders are part of the mod now as of the latest comit. I hope to get at least one for every reformable religion. The eone I'm working on at the moment is the occultists, who may resurrect the ancient esoteric order known only as the Freemasons.

I dunno, I think killer Shriners would be funnier.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Duckbag posted:

I dunno, I think killer Shriners would be funnier.

The holy warriors who guarded the most sacred shrines of the Before? Known for their fearless light cavalry who never dismount, even indoors.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Might I suggest the Order of the Occult Hand?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Thelmics should get this for their Holy Order Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Jack2142 posted:

Thelmics should get this for their Holy Order Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn

I would really like to, but their head, the Ipsissimus, is actually the head of the reformed revelationist religion. Odd choice.

As for everyone else.

(Release version will be slightly different.) Beware their coming, especially if Americanist! (Freemasonry is one of the devil figures, alongside flouridation and agenda 21, that they have).

The implication here is slightly changed from my original idea. Instead of being a new order, they are in fact implied to have persisted through the event and the intervening centuries. Or maybe they are a new order and are just claiming to be that old.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

NewMars posted:

I would really like to, but their head, the Ipsissimus, is actually the head of the reformed revelationist religion. Odd choice.

As for everyone else.

(Release version will be slightly different.) Beware their coming, especially if Americanist! (Freemasonry is one of the devil figures, alongside flouridation and agenda 21, that they have).

The implication here is slightly changed from my original idea. Instead of being a new order, they are in fact implied to have persisted through the event and the intervening centuries. Or maybe they are a new order and are just claiming to be that old.

It continues to amuse me how the Freemasons are considered one of the Americanists evil gods. Of all the bits of american history to forget!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Night10194 posted:

She, what, how.

The Hunting lifestyle lets you find lovers; the check to see what gender they are supposed to be was a bit botched though.

Very convenient way to get daughters for your sons though, no matter your gender. Fixed next patch though.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think I made a line for a Gaian Holy order, Gaia's Stepdaughters and its lead by Lady Skye >.>. However I havent made a mod before so Ill test it out tonight and see if I did it right.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

NewMars posted:

As for everyone else.

Reasonable compensation for stoneworking?! The real reason the Americanists rightfully hate them is because they're commies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Reasonable compensation for stoneworking?! The real reason the Americanists rightfully hate them is because they're commies.

Communism is also one of the devil figures they have in the code, yes. :v:

Actually wait, no, I think it isn't. That's consumerists, or maybe they share them? (I am sad that the russian invaders do not have some kind of atomicist-communist thing going on... yet.)

• Locked thread