Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Dear Derek Smart (Desktop Commander [Reverse Engineer of Not-WoW {Grand Vizier of Universally lovely Space Sims}])

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUoiy22Q_lw

PS Do you got dis? I am unsure if you got dis.
PPS I hope legal approved this post.

Quoting for posterity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Can you please remove those. They are already a part of the 2nd article. Plus, they were in a closed Facebook thread, which some friend-of-friend screencapped and made public. It was private, not public - but you will still be able to read some of that stuff in the second article. Thanks.

Only if you promise to provide technical support for my problems with Derek Smarts Desktop Commander.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Hi Derek! #afe says hi, and eagerly awaiting your kickstopper.

Love and hugs.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FooF posted:

Welp, it happened. Ground floor.

D_Smart: Though the article won't be released until Monday, can you give a 1-2 sentence synopsis?

Sure. Here are some excerpts:

quote:

WHY RSI AND ALL ITS SUBSIDIARIES, NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED

From everything that we have uncovered thus far, it is our belief that the game, Star Citizen, as of this writing, has all the makings of a crowd-funding failure, and an unmitigated disaster. A disaster which, when everything eventually comes out, is likely to be the most shocking event in recent gaming memory, and which threatens to eclipse even the 38 Studios collapse of 2012. The difference being, this time around, most of us in the industry, and in gaming, saw it coming.

Most said nothing.

quote:

Most of the noise about this impending train wreck, has mostly come from smaller media, who, even though we all know each other, have more at stake in terms of being honest, and forthcoming, than those who just want to exist in the status quo and hope it blows over. However, once my article hit, and set practically every single gaming community ablaze about the state and fate of Star Citizen, it opened dialog in all corners of the industry. Now everyone in the industry, whether they agree or not, are thinking, and talking about it – even in passing. It’s getting to be as big a noise as the crowd-funding. And it’s about to get a whole lot louder after today.

In short, we’re all at war. Again.

quote:

I’ve been made privy to so much stuff, that seriously, at this point, I may as well write an e-book. Reports from my sources range from accounts being setup in Luxemburg and Swiss bank accounts, to Chris jetsetting around the world in private jets – with backer money. Most of this does of course require corroboration, so don’t take it as fact. But that’s what depositions and subpoenas are for.

quote:

Some have also pointed out that, in my bid to get answers, that by exposing all this stuff, raising all these questions, getting the FTC involved etc, that I run the risk of outright killing the project. My short form answer to that is this: if you are saying that the FTC going in there, is going to lead to them finding something which would ultimately kill the project, how exactly is that my fault? This is what I said over here, and why I pointed people to the FTC in the first place. If people are happy with their purchases, the situation etc, then there is nothing to report, is there?

quote:

Chris, none of us who are pursuing this effort, believe that you will do the right thing. Thus far, you have to be forced to do several things, just this past week. And we don’t have time for that anymore.

If we’ve given you $84,966,258 in crowd-funded public money, and one of those backers, sends you an email, asking you for your expense reports, you better be ready to send it. Why? Because you are 100% held accountable for this money. All of it. And, now you have 922,034 bosses. One of whom just happens to be me. And I will never – ever – stop, unless, and until you are held accountable for what you’ve done, and are doing.

As I said before, there is no version of this that ends nicely, or quietly. It’s going to be messy, it’s going to be a long process, and due to the massive public interest in this, it’s all going to play out in the public domain if a lawsuit comes from this – as I expect that it will.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
same

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Only if you promise to provide technical support for my problems with Derek Smarts Desktop Commander.

OK, I take that as a NO, then?

Right then. I'm out. Will be back in a few years. I simply will not tolerate the leaking of private material, regardless of whether or not it was good, or bad.

I'm out.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This is the best part

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

This is the best part

I don't think the Law works this way.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Right then. I'm out. Will be back in a few years. I simply will not tolerate the leaking of private material, regardless of whether or not it was good, or bad.

I'm out.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
goons, why do you ruin everything

derek is a pretty flower that needs time to grow

he is not a sun flower seed stop eating it before it is a flower

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
cool meltdown

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hi im Derek Smart and im hot poo poo but the second people make fun of me on a dead gay website im going to take my ball and go home

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hey Derek, are you friends with John Romero?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

It's like watching the entire setup for the biggest gaming train wreck in year.

Christmas in July! :allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hi Derek, I'm Arus, I'm gay, you?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D_Smart posted:

I'm out.

Don't go Derek.

Sue me like you said you would, or are you just full of hot air and nothin but talk.

Go on. Do it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Due to the fact that Facebook has chosen to involve software that will allow the theft of my personal information, I state: at this date of January 4, 2015, in response to the new guidelines of Facebook, pursuant to articles L.111, 112 and 113 of the code of intellectual property, I declare that my rights are attached to all my personal data drawings, paintings, photos, video, texts etc. published on my profile and my page. For commercial use of the foregoing my written consent is required at all times.

Those who read this text can do a copy/paste on their Facebook wall. This will allow them to place themselves under the protection of copyright. By this statement, I tell Facebook that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, broadcast, or take any other action against me on the basis of this profile and or its content. The actions mentioned above also apply to employees, students, agents and or other personnel under the direction of Facebook.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Derek noooooo come back

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Hey Derek, are you friends with John Romero?

i heard john romero made a game but i dont know for sure

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Goons scared off Derek smart in half an hour?

I am having my doubts he can defeat the false prophet Chris Roberts :(

If he's going to run away and not sue the goon who posted screen shots of his Facebook, how can he sue the false prophet Chris Roberts who after all has 84 million dollars :(

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 11, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I posted confidential Derek Smart legal talk and all I got out of it was this lousy tshirt
(Because Derek Smart is too much of a loving windbag coward to sue me when he said he'll sue)

Derek Smart. Full of Bullshit.
Breaks his word.

How can you even have investors if you don't even stand by your word.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
He's just getting too old for this poo poo.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Awh, that didn't last long.

And now CIG know that all they have to do to make him go away is take a screenshot of a facebook post he made. It's his kryptonite.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
That exit was quicker than I had hoped but slower than I guessed.

Shame. Ding-ding-ding-ding. Shame. Ding-ding-ding-ding. Shame...

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
you guys are a bunch of jerks

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

You're Derek Smart now
You're Chris Roberts now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure it was goons spreading those Facebook screencaps that helped set "practically every single gaming community ablaze" in the words of Derek Smart.*

* Me quoting Dr. Derek Smart (TM) is not intended to violate any copyrights, non-disclosure agreements, trademarks or propriety information regarding Derek Smart, Battlecruiser 3000AD, Universal Combat and all other associated properties.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

This is the best part

Apparently I'm the exception to getting sued because Derek Smart is a piece of lying poo poo whose words are as empty and hollow as his MMOs.

How are you gonna call the Star Citizen devs out for being liars when you're lying yourself Derek? I'll see you in court.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

Derek Smart's one of the OG developers and this is how you treat him? His vision in game design is that of a legend. He's honestly a guy with a lot of great ideas and his concepts have a lot of potential.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Omi-Polari posted:

I'm pretty sure it was goons spreading those Facebook screencaps that helped set "practically every single gaming community ablaze" in the words of Derek Smart.*

* Me quoting Dr. Derek Smart (TM) is not intended to violate any copyrights, non-disclosure agreements, trademarks or propriety information regarding Derek Smart, Battlecruiser 3000AD, Universal Combat and all other associated properties.

So does he have to sue us all now?

If he lies about suing us all how can we belive him about suing the false prophet Chris Roberts :(

drat you Derek smart! You promised our dreams would come true!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

D_Smart posted:

I'm out.

Goodbye Mr.Smart. Your short visit here gave me more entertainment than the bugged version of Battle Cruiser that i picked up when I was younger and certainly made up for the time I lost trying to run this abomination. Thanks, we are cool now.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Is it a problem that I don't see anything wrong with this set of clothes?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I'm out.

Best of luck with what you are doing, you can't expect goons not to troll you a little, sorry about that, it must be difficult to resist.

Maybe send a Lowtax an email asking for those images to be removed.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's a Derek Smart world, son, and we're all living in it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Best of luck with what you are doing, you can't expect goons not to troll you a little, sorry about that, it must be difficult to resist.

Maybe send a Lowtax an email asking for those images to be removed.

:eyepop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D_Smart posted:

I'm out.

"Will not tolerate"
*totally tolerates*

Why are you such a loving liar Derek? Not even gonna back up your words? I'm right here man. Being Not-Sued when you said you'd sue anyone NO EXCEPTIONS. Anything to say?

Typical empty words of a hack developer of bad ripoff games.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

Thanks. And now that you mention it, I would like the author of this post, to please contact (dsmart at 3000ad dot com) me. I need to request his permission to excerpt some of that stuff there for a 3rd article that I am working on, and which will hit later this month.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
He has a point though.

Dr Smart If you make a thread in the main forum called GBS asking lowtax to please remove those images that is the best way to remedy this situation because goons ruin everything but lowtax has the last word but he only reads GBS every day so you have to post there for him to see.

• Locked thread