Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

LeoMarr posted:

This is why you only do this poo poo in a rifle company that's deployed to shitville

and besides, the one guy who filed a SHARP complaint against another joe got poo poo on until he ETS'd by the entire loving company.

Joe??!! ....srolen velor!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

LeoMarr posted:

This is why you only do this poo poo in a rifle company that's deployed to shitville

and besides, the one guy who filed a SHARP complaint against another joe got poo poo on until he ETS'd by the entire loving company.

Not sure when you were in... there are now women in the Army. Sometimes you see them and they are a real thing.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
these guys have too much free time on their hands.... just goes to show that the military is like the biggest form of welfare...you're basically set for life for very little actual work and get to retire at like 30 and live for 50 years on taxpayer money.

edit: and before ppl go saying that it's dangeous and these guys are heroes - being in the military is like not even a top 10 "most dangerous profession"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

celewign posted:

Not sure when you were in... there are now women in the Army. Sometimes you see them and they are a real thing.

Yes I know there are women in and were in when I was in, however for the most part as a a member of a rifle company I didn't see many nor had the chance to attempt rape on them.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

these guys have too much free time on their hands.... just goes to show that the military is like the biggest form of welfare...you're basically set for life for very little actual work and get to retire at like 30 and live for 50 years on taxpayer money.

edit: and before ppl go saying that it's dangeous and these guys are heroes - being in the military is like not even a top 10 "most dangerous profession"

just lol if you aren't combat arms and call it a dangerous profession.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

the most dangerous profession are jobs like miner, fisherman, farmer or lumberjack.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

the most dangerous profession are jobs like miner, fisherman, farmer or lumberjack.

GBS poster....teh ban could come at any time

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hey guys I'm a water dog

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Enjoy your high quality h2o I am serving my country

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SaltLick posted:

thank you for your service in these dangerous and trying times

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
wtf is going on itt

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

SaltLick posted:

You're killing California, keep up the good work.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
My favourite example is these guys who confronted a guy over stolen valor on campus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HC0DGMfrnw

... and then got arrested by campus authorities and charged with disturbing the peace and making threats against the man. :cop:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

:lol: It really is like a gang. "I had four friends die, how dare you?" I just want to throw my hands up and laugh in the guy's face. I had more than FORTY friends die and I don't give a poo poo if someone wants to cosplay as a soldier for whatever reason, I have better things to do with my life.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can only imagine these guys frothing at the mouth and clenching their rear end in a top hat everyone they see someone in fatigues. Literally shaking when they take out their cell phones to try and catch some fat poo poo tryna get discount at Walmart.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

MY FRIENDS DIDN'T DIE FOR YOU TO GET A DISCOUNT

Your friends didn't die for anything lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

etalian posted:

We should be going around calling out all those goddamn hipsters dressed as lumberjacks. WHAT TYPE OF AXE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? OH YOU COULDN'T SAY? I THOUGHT SO! STOLEN VALORRRRRRRRRRR!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGoJbD-TzG0

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

Your friends didn't die for anything lol

but especially not for discounts

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

How come you wearin' that Starfleet uniform?

*flips out tricorder*

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
all these troops all thinking some mentally ill person wearing a cobbled together uniform somehow invalidates their friends dying. spoiler alert: your friends sacrifices were allready pointless bro

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

hoping this leads to an 80 year old marine slappin the poo poo outta some guy while he records it on his phone

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
we all laughing at this stolen valor trend may have UNENTENDED CONSEQUENCES ............what if allowing these deranged veterans this pathetic e-catharsis might lead to less of them killing their own selves. ..... which will lead to more beaten wives i guess

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is stolen valor a real or imagined thing. did the dude in the last video really fake being a vet? why lmao

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
how do you have a life where one day you are a vet, don't any of your friends or family think it's super weird you start dressing like that

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
old dudes dressign up like retired generals is harmless + cute

that college dude dressing up like that is mental illness

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Still my favorite part is the fact that the guy uses his child as bait to lure the fake solider on camera.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
it's weird that so many of them get the uniform wrong. I feel like if you a weird enough dude to suddenly dawn a fake uniform due to military fetishism you gotta have military aspergers enough to read about the medals and rules and whatever and know how to do it

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
what if it's simply a self-image issue akin to transvestism or body building

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
does anyone dress up as fake po po?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When confronting impostors the US soldiers always ask, "What does a screaming Okinawan woman sound like?" as a litmus test.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Modest Mao posted:

yup

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

EngineerSean posted:

*flips out tricorder*

WHERE DID YOU SEE ACTION? YEAH, THAT'S BULLSHIT BECAUSE ANYONE WHO FOUGHT IN THAT WAR GOT AT LEAST A BULLSHIT PROMOTION, YOUR COLLAR DOTS ARE FOR THE LOWEST SHITHEEL ON THE TOTEM POLE! UNREQUISITIONED VALOR! UNREQUISITIONED VALOR!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Its OK. Theyre transarmy

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

EngineerSean posted:

*flips out tricorder*

*takes coffee from Space Barista*

Grumbles "Thank you" before turning to shuffle away

"Don't you mean "Thank you, sir"? :crossarms: Where were you stationed???"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

thank you for your cervix

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Please do not take the free small fries that I earned with my service to are cuntry

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Think I'm going to enlist now and get in on some of this valor. I didn't know it was such a big deal before.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Modest Mao posted:

Women run around wearing Whore uniforms.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder If SS soldiers ever agonized over stolen valor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Modest Mao posted:

is stolen valor a real or imagined thing. did the dude in the last video really fake being a vet? why lmao

One of my neighbors when I was a kid was mildly retarded, and when he was in his early 20s he went around telling people he was a Hell's Angel. I'm told the people he was with had to calm down some actual Hell's Angels in a bar down over that.

I suspect this is pretty similar.

• Locked thread