Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Eifert Posting posted:

Defending someone who just assaulted minors is a really stupid way to humblebrag about living near a beach.

39% of Americans live near a beach :colbert:

and if you don't then idk what to tell you, enjoy your cheap property i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Out of curiosity how near is near

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

I do, thanks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Metapod posted:

Within a county that touches the coastline

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is still my favorite part of the show. Everybody go watch Silicon Valley

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Dattserberg posted:

Hahahaha that story is insane. Sounds like beach chair use is a good reason to smack the poo poo out of the neighbor kid.

Those kids are just lucky it wasn't Adrian Peterson's.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Defending someone who just assaulted minors is a really stupid way to humblebrag about living near a beach.

If those little brats wanted alive family members, they shouldn't have touched my property.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

72k bought outright, 2br, 2ba and a two car garage. I can deal with not having beach access.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

72k bought outright, 2br, 2ba and a two car garage. I can deal with not having beach access.

This guy gets it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

is this what we're doing now

come on guys

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Not having hurricanes is pretty cool too

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

PrinceRandom posted:

i was at a hotel bar in alaska when we felt a 6.0 earthquake that was 100 miles away and some guy started loudly talking about how he was from nebraska and man, that's what an earthquake is, that was nothing, you guys ever seen a tornado before????

what im saying is the next two pages of posts in this thread are going to be from that guy

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i was at a hotel bar in alaska when we felt a 6.0 earthquake that was 100 miles away and some guy started loudly talking about how he was from nebraska and man, that's what an earthquake is, that was nothing, you guys ever seen a tornado before????

what im saying is the next two pages of posts in this thread are going to be from that guy

half my family lived in tuscaloosa in 2011

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

listen motherfucker if i don't have a way to be superior about where i live how am i going to face the world another day

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PrinceRandom posted:

Enjoy your earthquake/tornado/snowstorm/mudslide/tsunami/weather terror in your area.

No one is safe.

Even Hawaii gets light winds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-TfZslHKoo

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Beach furniture is serious loving business.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Where i live is really bad too. They shut down the pool for over an hour to do a bikini photoshoot for some tanning oil.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Enjoy your earthquake/tornado/snowstorm/mudslide/tsunami/weather terror in your area.

No one is safe.

Even Hawaii gets light winds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-TfZslHKoo

Brazos County is pretty drat safe. We get strong windgusts with thunderstorms at best and I don't think we've had any fatalities from it. We had some flooding recently and Hurricane Ike managed to get us a little wet along with bringing some nasty Houstonians in town.

I guess we have heat

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AAA DOLFAN posted:

De criminalize it, man.

Wait what are we talking about again

Maybe if he was high as gently caress he'd just go look for a quesadilla instead of punching kids over lawn chairs. Makes you think.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hurricanes suck yall. Be glad if you live where they don't affect you. :smith:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Remember when people were making GBS threads on new Orleaners for living in a lowland despite the fact that it's one of the top 5 shipping outlets in the US? I do

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PrinceRandom posted:

Remember when people were making GBS threads on new Orleaners for living in a lowland despite the fact that it's one of the top 5 shipping outlets in the US? I do

The river stretch between Baton Rouge and NO is I think technically the largest port complex in the world. Or at least used to be.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That Works posted:

The river stretch between Baton Rouge and NO is I think technically the largest port complex in the world. Or at least used to be.

The Mississippi is loving amazing in how useful it is.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

PrinceRandom posted:

Mostly remember people making GBS threads on New Orleans because gently caress you, black people.

Football: how did nothing come of Jarryd Hayne going all blood guilt on the Jews? I realize he's a peripheral player but I wanted the organization to get poo poo on some more.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I can walk to the lake from my apartment. It's pretty nice.

Burger Trench posted:

Wow, buncha goons up in arms trying to defend a bunch of trespassing punks, I guess? Enjoy sitting in the sand; my man Kromer and I like our views up here, thanks.

it's pretty easy to get people to leave your property without punching them in the face especially if they're just teens fishing

hell, let them fish in your yard who gives a poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

That Works posted:

Hurricanes suck yall. Be glad if you live where they don't affect you. :smith:

At first I thought you were talking about the Carolina Hurricanes, to which that statement is also quite applicable.

I actually know nothing about hockey, is that even true?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Thaddius the Large posted:

At first I thought you were talking about the Carolina Hurricanes, to which that statement is also quite applicable.

I actually know nothing about hockey, is that even true?

they're bad

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TubeStank posted:

it's pretty easy to get people to leave your property without punching them in the face especially if they're just teens fishing

It was a joke post.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

We're going to find out that one of those kids said "whatever, I don't care" and that's what caused him to snap.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Football: how did nothing come of Jarryd Hayne going all blood guilt on the Jews? I realize he's a peripheral player but I wanted the organization to get poo poo on some more.

1.) who the gently caress is jarryd hayne

2.) what the gently caress does "going all blood guilt on the jews" mean

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alouicious posted:

1.) who the gently caress is jarryd hayne

2.) what the gently caress does "going all blood guilt on the jews" mean

quote:

Former NRL player Jarryd Hayne has stirred up a 2000-year-old controversy and angered Jewish groups by arguing that the Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus Christ.

The 27-year-old - who is trying out in the US National Football League for the San Francisco 49ers - tweeted: "Jesus wanted to help people but was killed by his own people."

Challenged on this by one of his followers, Hayne doubled-down the next day, tweeting: "The Jews were the people who took him to the Romans n forced them to give the order because they couldn't."

Argument over who was responsible for Jesus' death has spurred fighting and persecution for centuries.

Most Christians no longer hold the view that the Jewish people were responsible for Jesus' death, and persistent belief in that narrative is now associated with anti-Semitism.

In 1965, the Vatican officially recognised that the Jews were not culpable in the death of Jesus, and Pope Benedict XVI reiterated this in a 2011 communication.

Hayne published the tweets on July 1 and 2, while he was in Sydney attending the Hillsong annual conference, but the tweets were deleted on Friday morning, July 10, after Fairfax Media contacted Hayne's manager.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/jarryd-hayne-accused-of-antisemitism-over-jews-killed-jesus-tweets-20150710-gi9832.html#ixzz3fhxmGVbf

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who the gently caress calls it the "US National Football League"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Benne posted:

Who the gently caress calls it the "US National Football League"

The Sydney Morning Herald

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

TubeStank posted:

I can walk to the lake from my apartment. It's pretty nice.

whoooosh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
everyone stop bragging about where you live. You can't live up to Iowa anyway so just stop

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hurricanes sounds like an arena league team.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Eifert Posting posted:

We are the 61%

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Lol if you live in some dumpster lower 48 state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Metapod posted:

(my parent's home)

• Locked thread