Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Night of the Bad Ride-Buyers. JWT with two wrecks. Menard fenced Bubba Wallace and then ran him up the track as if it were Bubba's fault.

e- Kyle Busch pissed on the radio because he's running third in an Xfinity race. All is right in the world again.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
These guys been reading my posts in the Indy thread

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That was an...entertaining race at Kentucky? And Xfinity at that? :psyduck:

:siren: ERIK JONES MELTDOWN TIME :siren:

e- That whole victory lane sequence was so forced. Dave Burns building the energy of how Brad had his "trademark sunglasses" and "how good the 22 team is at celebrating, complete with beverages on hand", and then Brad with a fairly canned interview.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 11, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That K&N finish from Columbus. :tviv:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Mike Dillon got loving OLD.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Aero package so far is unimpressive

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If you're going to win one race to get into the Chase (or at all this year), make it this one, Jeff.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

anotherblownsave posted:

Aero package so far is unimpressive

GEE WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I like this package

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

A little racier and would think beginning of the race wouldn't tell that much since everyone is still trying to come to terms to this package. End of the race should tell more but it does seem like they can be closer, be more competitive and make passes and make pit strategy be key more so then stay out and hope 10 others do and you win the race.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"now we've seen two pit members hit by cars either entering or exiting the pits"

well yeah you fuckwit where else are they gonna get hit, in the loving parking lot?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Well this package appears to be headed in the right direction.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Hendrick treating this like a test session

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's good to see the dominant car tear up through the field as he should and Kes is doing that. Before this you go back in the pack it's a real chore even for the best car.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
yeah, this seems to be a good package

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah if Gordon is making a 3 wide down the middle move, I think this is a fun package cause I've never seen that in a long long time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Is it bad that after w races In likening NBC commentary .pre than Fox?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This package is excellent and Rick Allen owns.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Is it bad that after w races In likening NBC commentary .pre than Fox?

What?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The one thing I'm finding I don't like about NBC so far is that they repeat the same thing over and over again. I've been told three times in the last ten minutes "If Kyle Busch wins, he'll get maximum points, and he needs to be in the Top 30 to make the Chase. This is the type performance he needs to close the gap." by Steve Letarte, Jeff Burton, and Rick Allen, in that order.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

2 races, like the commentary more.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Take the tapered spacer off and we might have something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Watched the last ten laps to see this new killer package, it was identical to any other ten laps from any other 1.5 mile track. You people are out of your minds.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Cubey posted:

Watched the last ten laps to see this new killer package, it was identical to any other ten laps from any other 1.5 mile track. You people are out of your minds.

Kind of missed the pretty awesome battle at 20 to go and cars actually passing and racing then got spread out when you watched. Need to work on that but honestly 100x better than the poo poo we've seen this year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cubey posted:

It's a step in the right direction. The race for the lead between Logano and Busch was fun.

e- "Dominating night by the 88 team tonight." -Rick Allen.

Rick seems a bit rusty. Fumbled some promos, got tongue-tied, called Kyle Junyer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cubey posted:

You turned in at the wrong time, because Kyle chased Logano, and got around him for good with about 20 to go.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh now I see. 11 cautions. It's easy to dupe people into thinking the racing is good when there's a yellow every 20 laps.

Meanwhile 5th through 10th were all separated by between 1 and 1.5 seconds. Gee where've we seen that before?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

quote:

THREE CHICKEN TENDERS
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
PACKAGE WAS AN IMPROVEMENT
BUT gently caress THIS WINNER

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

THREE CHICKEN TENDERS
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
KYLE'S GONNA BE CHAMP
RUNNIN' 27 RACES

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cubey posted:

well I watched 7 non consecutive laps and let me tell you

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I went and pooped about half way through the race and then watched other stuff on tv and it was a pretty good race.

A+ would nascar again.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
The racing really looked a lot better than any we've seen at a 1.5-mile track in a while. They still got spread out eventually, but it seemed to be a more natural spread due to handling differences instead of faster cars just stalling out as soon as they got close to the next car. Guys in the back who were just a little bit faster could actually close up on the car in front, ride their bumper for a while, and either get 'em a little loose or just get a little run somewhere and take another line to pass 'em.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rick seems a bit rusty. Fumbled some promos, got tongue-tied, called Kyle Junyer.

I'm pretty sure he also called him Hamlin earlier during one of the battles for the lead after a restart. The coverage was pretty good aside from a few flubs by the booth guys, though. They spent a lot of time showing battles throughout the pack and other interesting things happening instead of watching the leader drive away by himself for thirty laps at a time.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
The amount of cautions was a bit ridiculous. Some were legit, some were for "debris". The worst was the caution at lap 19. That should have been the competition caution. Instead they pushed the competition caution to lap 30. They restarted at lap like 24 I think? Whenever it was it was less than 10 laps of green flag racing before the competition caution. That was a loving stupid idea.

Other than that I didn't think it was that bad. The middle of the race had that kind of mid race nap kind of feel but the last half was good. You could see the cars were actually able to pass more and even Kyle reiterated that in his post race interview saying he could actually work around Logano to pass him instead of getting stalled out and stuck behind him like with the old package. Overall I think it is a step in the right direction as well. Just because the last 10 laps didn't rank in the top 5 race finishes doesn't mean its a bad package. They're still learning it and I'd think the racing will get better than worse over the next few weeks...but then again NASCAR has fooled me before.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

The amount of cautions was a bit ridiculous. Some were legit, some were for "debris". The worst was the caution at lap 19. That should have been the competition caution. Instead they pushed the competition caution to lap 30. They restarted at lap like 24 I think? Whenever it was it was less than 10 laps of green flag racing before the competition caution. That was a loving stupid idea.

Other than that I didn't think it was that bad. The middle of the race had that kind of mid race nap kind of feel but the last half was good. You could see the cars were actually able to pass more and even Kyle reiterated that in his post race interview saying he could actually work around Logano to pass him instead of getting stalled out and stuck behind him like with the old package. Overall I think it is a step in the right direction as well. Just because the last 10 laps didn't rank in the top 5 race finishes doesn't mean its a bad package. They're still learning it and I'd think the racing will get better than worse over the next few weeks...but then again NASCAR has fooled me before.

The problem is this package will only be used at Richmond and Darlington unless the drivers yell loud enough I suppose. A different much much more draggy package will be used at Michigan and Indy. But the package we've had this year will be raced in the rest of the races.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i still cant get over the fact there are competition cautions on non-rain weekends

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

go3 posted:

i still cant get over the fact there are competition cautions on non-rain weekends

they didn't really test the new package and weren't sure how the tires developed for a different package would hold up

I mean I get complaining about NASCAR but sometimes you guys come up with some poo poo outta left field

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

BMB5150 posted:

The problem is this package will only be used at Richmond and Darlington unless the drivers yell loud enough I suppose. A different much much more draggy package will be used at Michigan and Indy. But the package we've had this year will be raced in the rest of the races.

Shows how much I actually listen to the commentary. For some reason I thought this was going to be the package going forward, guess I have to listen a little more closely.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

Shows how much I actually listen to the commentary. For some reason I thought this was going to be the package going forward, guess I have to listen a little more closely.

Maybe next year they'll go to this package. I think it'll be interesting the 4 races with the 2 new packages and see how they run. high drag with that wicker could cause less air on the spoiler which would in a way lose downforce for leading cars equalizing everyone but it's tough to say. Darlington will have everyone slamming into the wall if they don't get a softer tire developed though which would be funny.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DogeCar's going to need a new driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

CBJSprague24 posted:

DogeCar's going to need a new driver.

Josh Wise is real good at wrecking cars though.

• Locked thread