Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sour Diesel posted:

waller from assault on arkham

she won wimbledon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

:unsmith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The most egregious sin here is that Waller's character is neither fat like Fat Waller nor hot like Thin Waller.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who the fck is waller

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
What the gently caress?

I read comics from the time I was 6 until around 13 or 14, and at no point during those delicate and mostly retarded years did I for one moment lose track of the fact that DC comics are total poo poo for babies.

*Except Dark Knight Returns if you tear out all the pages with Superman in them.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

who the gently caress is amanda waller? why should anybody other than extreme nerds give half a poo poo about this movie

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BeefThief posted:

who the gently caress is amanda waller? why should anybody other than extreme nerds give half a poo poo about this movie

She's a big fat black woman who runs poo poo and gives no fucks, most notably voiced in the Justice League cartoon by Law & Order's CCH Pounder

Who also shows up in certain continuities as a thin black woman

That's your answer to the first question, the answer to the second is "they shouldn't"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BeefThief posted:

Amanda Waller is DC's answer to Invincible's Cecil Steadman.
A shadowy gov't bureaucrat who will transgress any moral boundary in the name of defending the United States.

jgriffis0113
Jul 9, 2015

by Ralp
ONly somewhat good thing about that preview was Harley singing. Why god is Will Smith in this film? *sigh*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why not

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jgriffis0113 posted:

ONly somewhat good thing about that preview was Harley singing. Why god is Will Smith in this film? *sigh*

So he could get his son in another movie as Static Shock, lol

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Wow, DC is terrible at movies. Poor will smith.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gently caress will smith

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gatekeeper posted:

are there any comic books about dogs? i really like dogs and i also like avengers and bat/spidermen and a movie combining both thingies would be very sweet. i don't mean like Dog-Man where it's a man who becomes a dog to avenge his wife, just a cool loyal dog who stops bad guys like fresh prince and joker. maybe to be cute his girlfriend is catwoman's cat who feels conflicted about dating a good guy when she's a bad guy's furbaby but Hero Dog (that's a bad name, we'll revisit that later) is so virtuous and great that she just can't help but love him. Is this a comic that could be a movie now that all the good and mediocre stories are already movies?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The movie itself looks OK but what struck me the most about the trailer is the song, it's pretty blatantly a response of some kind to the "I had strings" song from the Age of Ultron trailer. I think the actual meaning of the response is "We're good too!! :smith:"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It looks okay

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
dc is basically frank stallone to marvel's sly at this point

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Zzulu posted:

I would kind of like a movie like this with a bunch of bad guys going up against a well known hero instead of some no doubt generic objective they get in this movie. It'd be more fun if this team was trying to take out Batman or Superman or something and the movie treated the hero as the antagonist

I thought that's what they were going to do in the last two in the Dark Knight series, the Joker and Bane both call Batman out on all the lovely things he's done and they use his own techniques and weapons against him. There was all sorts of stuff in those about how big a dickhead Batman is, like the fat vigilantes at the start who have exactly as much of a mandate to enforce the law as Batman does, and the crap security Batman has for his ridiculously overpowered weapons, etc. But it didn't really go anywhere, they didn't deal with any of that. Instead it was just "Batman is a good guy because we say so". Similar to Iron Man 2, Tony Stark and Vanko are both total shits, but Vanko does at least seem to be a nicer bloke and has a legitimate grievance, but they don't address it.

Basically I want Alan Moore to come back and fix DC, and to have some involvement in the movies for once.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
what is skull tattoo man's magic powers? Getting arrested and posted to buzzfeed Top 10 Ridiculous Tattoos!!!!!!!!! ??

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Yeah it does look like you op haha

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Fishy Joe posted:

what is skull tattoo man's magic powers? Getting arrested and posted to buzzfeed Top 10 Ridiculous Tattoos!!!!!!!!! ??

his origin story is just The Jeremy Kyle Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLmjplhRMd4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hes gonna die in the movie to justify it being called suicide squad

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

margot robbie is very very attractive would

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

BeefThief posted:

A character who's willing to yell at Batman and tell him to gently caress off despite not having powers.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Acne Rain posted:

A character who's willing to yell at Batman and tell him to gently caress off despite not having powers.

quote:

Abilities: Highly trained in logistics, strategic management, military tactics, game theory, espionage and is a great martial artist.

looooool

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Acne Rain posted:

Batman doesn't have powers and she apparently has like 300 pounds on him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

fyodor posted:

margot robbie is very very attractive would

i liked her performance in Wolf of Wall Street, starring Leonardo Dicaprio and that fat troll guy

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

:wow:

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Zzulu posted:

i liked her performance in Wolf of Wall Street, starring Leonardo Dicaprio and that fat troll guy

mama mia

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

crimson carrots!! that looks like my kinda poo poo. especially frog thor. frog thor is extremely my poo poo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

So we're like... some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like, some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like some kind of suicide squad?

So... we're like some kind of suicide squad??
i want to splice in a "these pretzels are making me thirsty clip" during the showing every character montage

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I'd let her lick the bars of my prison cell if you know what I mean :smug:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Jared Leto's home alone scream face is already a tshirt I've seen around a few places

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
So what are the chances any of the suicide squad actually die?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Miltank posted:

So what are the chances any of the suicide squad actually die?

100%

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Zzulu posted:

oh yeah, call me "Mr J"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

James Cameron got the rights to make a Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. :stare:

Everyone stop the gently caress right now. This is the real news. gently caress the Avatar sequels I'd like to see this.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gatts posted:

Everyone stop the gently caress right now. This is the real news. gently caress the Avatar sequels I'd like to see this.

The bad news is it's a live action film adaptation of Endless Eight.
Starring Bill Murray as Kyon.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

ZombieParts posted:

Jared Leto's home alone scream face is already a tshirt I've seen around a few places

looking forward to an updated obama joker in the next election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
DC has had 7 years since the first Iron Man movie to figure out why Marvel has been so successful and they just keep loving it up at every single turn.

• Locked thread