Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the first half of Hancock was fun

there I said it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man, that trailer was bad

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
There's a much bigger chance of me going to see this film than that Fantastic Four poo poo

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

there I said it

hancock the trailer and hancock the first half was awesome

then it tried to be about family

wtf

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hilario Baldness posted:

I might be in the minority that thinks it doesn't look that bad. Not particularly good, but not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

it literally looks like satans rear end in a top hat on video. It is the worst thing I have ever laid my eyes upon and I will never be the same

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Monkey Fracas posted:

there I said it

Hancock was a good movie imo and even though the "twist" was dumb I thought it was a good take on the "super hero who just wants to be a regular guy but the world + his conscience won't let him" cliche

I will probably also enjoy this movie because I have low standards, if it's good I'll genuinely enjoy it, if DAMAGED Joker is terrible I will just laugh at it and still enjoy it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Hancock was a good movie imo and even though the "twist" was dumb I thought it was a good take on the "super hero who just wants to be a regular guy but the world + his conscience won't let him" cliche

I will probably also enjoy this movie because I have low standards, if it's good I'll genuinely enjoy it, if DAMAGED Joker is terrible I will just laugh at it and still enjoy it

lazy drunk with superpowers is a good movie pitch I think

try it again Hollywood, please

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Guys dressing up as big sillies shooting places up is the only part of these things that look like fun why can't they just make a movie all about that? Just make the Hotline Miami movie already jeez.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Monkey Fracas posted:

there I said it

they're angles

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZombieParts posted:

There's a much bigger chance of me going to see this film than that Fantastic Four poo poo

I am optimistic about Fantastic Four. it's by the guy who did Chronicle, which was really good, and it's got a good cast

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

man i hope everyone has a good time and learns something about heroism by the end of the movie

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wonder how a Thunderbolts movie would work. It's not like the Marvel movies have a lot of recurring, low-level villains. Did Whiplash survive at the end of Iron Man 2?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
there are like a billion scrubtier villains they could use for a thunderbolts movie

like stilt man

he's really tall, you see

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

boom boom boom posted:

I wonder how a Thunderbolts movie would work. It's not like the Marvel movies have a lot of recurring, low-level villains. Did Whiplash survive at the end of Iron Man 2?

he blew up

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
who says both "PILGRIM" and "DIG?"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

there are like a billion scrubtier villains they could use for a thunderbolts movie

like stilt man

Yeah but it doesn't work as well if they aren't established villains beforehand.

At this point I don't doubt Marvel's ability to pull it off, I'm just sayin'

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Germstore posted:

who says both "PILGRIM" and "DIG?"

homosexuals

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

My issue is Killer Croc. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Is a fine actor but they really should have done a CGI monster for him instead of make up. Like Hulk in Avengers. He could still do the voice.

This.

He looks like a short guy in Star Trek alien-of-the-week make-up.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
I just wish they would try harder to be hip and cool.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Will Smith is a good actor but I'm convinced that by this point in his career his PR people just plain will not let him portray an actual bad guy that is not sympathetic in any way.

he only plays characters who are good parents with good relationships with their children because he himself is a horrible father (see: his children)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lawrence loving owns. :colbert:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Will Smith is a good actor but I'm convinced that by this point in his career his PR people just plain will not let him portray an actual bad guy that is not sympathetic in any way.

im pretty sure its will smith himself insisting on his because hes a loving nutbag

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Whats wrong with his ear

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

hella boring holy poo poo lol

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Junkfist posted:

Guys dressing up as big sillies shooting places up is the only part of these things that look like fun why can't they just make a movie all about that? Just make the Hotline Miami movie already jeez.

They'd just give Jacket a big weepy backstory about how his half-Russian daddy didn't love him enough and made him sit in the corner in a chicken mask. And he'd only wear the trademark chicken mask but with "DAMAGED" written in black across the front.

And he'd be played by Taylor Kitsch and in order to see his face at all times they'd cut the face out of the mask.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Whats wrong with his ear

the boombox being on the other shoulder did that to his ear - that's why he had to switch sides.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

BeefThief posted:

how fat are these girls to give a poo poo about this movie

At least.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

like stilt man

i wish this could be the main villain for a batman movie

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So, I hear the girl from Kick rear end will be playing the lead in Cameron's Haruhi movie.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ThePriceIsRight posted:

i wish this could be the main villain for a batman movie

They have a couple different versions to choose from

disregard_last
Mar 30, 2015

Zzulu posted:

it actually looks a lot better than i expected, applewhite

:agreed:

I'm getting a bit burnt out from Superhero movies, but it looks entertaining.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the problem with dc is that they're trying to do in two years what marvel has been doing for nearly a decade. i don't know how you do ten years of world building in 1/5th of that time but we are going to find out soon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dapper Dan posted:

the problem with dc is that they're trying to do in two years what marvel has been doing for nearly a decade. i don't know how you do ten years of world building in 1/5th of that time but we are going to find out soon.

You start on a firm foundation, like Man of Steel.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
pretty funny how dc's been releasing pr bout how cool and awesome jared letos joker is and then released that terrible photo and then in the trailer they give him 4 seconds of just being a lovely version of the joker but with tattoos

that mouse comic looks dope, way cooler than some kind of suicide squad.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
You guys wishing ill on Jared Leto should go watch Panic Room.

edit: Panic Room spoilers he gets capped by Dwight Yoakam, who then gets capped by Forest Whitaker, while Jodi Foster and a pre-teen Kristen Stewart taunt them over the intercom.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
FINALLY, a superhero movei

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

FINALLY, a superhero movei

chris hardwick, through a tear-stained keyboard posted:

i nevr thought id see a comic book movie

all those year of being bowling boy when i was actaully nerd boy

its like a dream come rtrue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This is worse than giving money to a hotdog man

• Locked thread