Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
lmao at everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I thought LU already released Hernandez? Or is he still considered under contract until the rest of his matches air on TV?

Either say, :lol:

They retain rights to contracts until season 2 status is confirmed as alive or dead, then they can decide what to do with talent if it's alive

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

They retain rights to contracts until season 2 status is confirmed as alive or dead, then they can decide what to do with talent if it's alive

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hernandez thought he had a breach as they didn't announce a date for Season 2.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rovert posted:

Hernandez thought he had a breach as they didn't announce a date for Season 2.

Couldn't he just do indie dates like everyone else on LU's roster, or did he totally burn his bridges with AAA?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

now people won't get paid for work they did and won't ever see the light if day

a true alternative to wwe

cross the line

Wrestling Matters™

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Regardless of what happens with the company, I hope the TNA thread never dies

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Chris James 2 posted:

If only the Bram Contract Raft could have kept TNA afloat

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

now people won't get paid for work they did

In TNA, you say??

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So does the new production deal have to do with having to rush new content out because Hernandez hosed up, or did they just decide to not bother paying all the previous production crew and moved onto hiring cheap replacements who work on credit for the home stretch?

Either way I'm more hype for new TNA than LU or NXT tonight

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Great White Hope posted:

I almost want to watch Impact now just to see how they handle those matches.

In ring action.

-smash cut to a goat eating a can.

In ring action.

-A half inflated balloon soaring majestically on the wind.

-In ring action.-

Dixie Carter shedding a single joyful tear.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

The buyrate was so low it would be considered Bad for DragonGate. I think was what Dave said about it.

Dave said he got about as many reports from Slammiversary as a DG show, which is still pretty sad

Also they put Hernandez over Lashley in a cage? Granted it's a TNA cage match so there was prob interference.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mercury Crusader posted:

If only the Bram Contract Raft could have kept TNA afloat

New thread title right here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA teaming up with GFW was done because they couldn't get something done with ROH.

Their plan for an ROH collab? ROH top guy would come in and invade. And then get beat on TNA TV. And that'd be it.

I don't see how ROH could have said no, much less quickly :iiam:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Don't worry. We have multiple WCW threads.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Can TNA legally show the Hernandez matches but digitally blur him out, and not have the commentator mention him?

I mean that would be insane, but even if they did it wouldn't be the craziest thing TNA has done, and it would save them having to come up with new storylines/footage to fill the time they have left on TV.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Finally, the "big blue dot" gimmick arrives.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Hell, start a gimmick with it. Someone hacked the broadcast and blurred out this mysterious new wrestler.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Can't TNA find Apolo and reshoot the matches with him? I imagine Dixie would say "Cain't nobody tell the differnce, darlin"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

Can't TNA find Apolo and reshoot the matches with him? I imagine Dixie would say "Cain't nobody tell the differnce, darlin"

He's in WWC and NWA now, one of which has never worked with TNA and the other doesn't want to ever again, so that's even unlikelier than this situation getting resolved and Hernandez coming back anytime soon

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

ahhhhhhhh

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

I am so glad my new forum brand has lead to this

Don Fujii is a glorious man that will never appear in tna

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Chris James 2 posted:

He's in WWC and NWA now, one of which has never worked with TNA and the other doesn't want to ever again, so that's even unlikelier than this situation getting resolved and Hernandez coming back anytime soon

I was making a joke. Apolo is also a giant roided Puerto Rican, you see, and worked with TNA previously as well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"El Leon, which is Spanish for The Lion" was the "that's killer spelled backwards, Mike" of early TNA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I genuinely believe they are still going to show the matches and just hope Lucha Underground doesn't notice

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
LU's legal team watching would probably boost ratings by 20%.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chikara called DA to see if they'd air their live Wednesday show, but DA never heard of them :lol:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i will die underneath this flag

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Hernandez botched his return to TNA

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did we ever talk about how they had two #1 contenders within a week

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That cannot be real. Its too loving hilarious to be real.

TNA got hosed over by failing to do any due diligence.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i watched tna because i have nothing else to do, they dont purposely show hernandez or mention him in the battle royal but he's in the background a decent amount. they however don't show his elimination or any eliminations he does so we go from a fullish ring to commercial with only 3 guys left in it. So far it seems like they cut the tag match all together. Seems Matt Hardy isn't happy about this because his push gets cut. On twitter he says he wishes all smaller wrestling companies can actually start working together and not against each other to take down the boogeyman that is WWE.

they aired Magnus vs. James Storm from Slammiversary instead of the tag team match.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 16, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
The boogeyman of WWE and Wellness Checks.

So they are going show piecemeal Slammiversary. Great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
They could fill up the time very easily if they just had Dixie announce some more Bram contracts

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Hernandez botched his return to TNA

People always said Hernandez would kill someone, eventually. Turns out he kills TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The Hernandez thing is pretty great after years of TNA loving over indy promotions with their ever-changing answer to "can we show guys from your roster wrestling on our DVDs?".

• Locked thread