Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Xbox users got a loan Pele for 5 matches, playstation got a Messi

The Messi was good timing for me because I'd just use the ultimate edition Messi to win the La Liga tournament!

Id only used my messi for 1 game and they didnt stack so I had to discard my 4 games left messi to get a 5 games messi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Id only used my messi for 1 game and they didnt stack so I had to discard my 4 games left messi to get a 5 games messi

He scored 10 goals in those 5 games for me he's so good

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

He scored 10 goals in those 5 games for me he's so good

Me and a mate have got a career game going (as Everton) and we have managed to sign him, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Hazard, and Aguero among others over the course of a few seasons.

Messi would only sign when we offered him 1.4million a week. Ronaldo is on 400k a week.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Me and a mate have got a career game going (as Everton) and we have managed to sign him, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Hazard, and Aguero among others over the course of a few seasons.

Messi would only sign when we offered him 1.4million a week. Ronaldo is on 400k a week.

I'd love to see some formations in code tags here

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

I'd love to see some formations in code tags here

Its hard to we change formations very often to try and fit everyone in

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ugh. I just got relegated from Div1 because I can't focus for countless games of defending against Doumbia and Remy over and over again.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Had fun with my Messi loan card. 9 goals in 5 games and he assisted/setup lots of goals as well. Good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84YpdzhmAM&t=21s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgWlZ6hSRFg&t=21s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ASQsUS88M&t=21s

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just played a team that had literally all TOTS players, Neymar Messi Suarez up front and Ronaldo Bale and Rodriguez as the mids in a 4-3-3, all TOTS defenders too. I won 3-0 and was just thinking like "I guess there is a handicap because none of his 99 pace players are able to get by my dudes at all" but I wonder if part of it is that like maybe the chemistry cards boost people more than we think and when you put the shadow or whatever on your defenders, maybe just everyone's pace is so close to 99 it doesn't even make a difference.

One thing I noticed was like how much immensely faster than all the defenders Ronaldo is in H2H vs Ultimate Team. In H2H I can get a through pass to him with just a small gap and he's gone, but in UT they can close the gap much easier so I wonder if in effect since everyone just uses hunter/shadow on most of their cards if all the players just have capped out pace or close to it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Stefan Prodan posted:

Just played a team that had literally all TOTS players, Neymar Messi Suarez up front and Ronaldo Bale and Rodriguez as the mids in a 4-3-3, all TOTS defenders too. I won 3-0 and was just thinking like "I guess there is a handicap because none of his 99 pace players are able to get by my dudes at all" but I wonder if part of it is that like maybe the chemistry cards boost people more than we think and when you put the shadow or whatever on your defenders, maybe just everyone's pace is so close to 99 it doesn't even make a difference.

One thing I noticed was like how much immensely faster than all the defenders Ronaldo is in H2H vs Ultimate Team. In H2H I can get a through pass to him with just a small gap and he's gone, but in UT they can close the gap much easier so I wonder if in effect since everyone just uses hunter/shadow on most of their cards if all the players just have capped out pace or close to it.

Bad players, chemistry boosts etc, also the fact that in H2H you can hardly ever have a defensive line where every defender has 80ish pace, unlike in FUT where due to the fact that defensive stats are much less important than pace/phys you'll be facing Kyle Walker almost every single game, paired with Onuoha and Kosc for a good measure cause why not.

Still, the most deciding factor is likely the quality of the opponent player, with coin buyers and mule accounts and all that jazz you get people with crazy rear end teams who are simply not good at the game, with their mega teams they'd still make it a couple divisions more than where they belong but they can easily be found out.

The team you've described is also super offensive, he's basically playing 6 attackers and no midfielders at all, Bale is his most defensive player in the front 6 basically, he'd be super vulnerable against any player who knows what he's doing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Haha I just got the pre-order ad, there is a $100 version where you get 40 jumbo gold packs. Who the hell thinks to themselves "Yep better go ahead and spend almost double the money on this poo poo game so that maybe I can get Ronaldo or whatever!!"

I do wonder if it would be fun to try and play next year with the limitation of only using cards that I got in packs. Can you play on two accounts easily, so that I could keep them separate and not ruin my record or whatever?

(On PS4 that is)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Stefan Prodan posted:

Haha I just got the pre-order ad, there is a $100 version where you get 40 jumbo gold packs.

That's a really good deal for people who spend hundreds of dollars throughout the year on packs though (I do not do this).

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I did something hosed up with my Fifa order. I pre-ordered from Walmart because I had some credit or it was on sale for the Ultimate edition. I think those 40 packs were only an extra $10 on top of the base game. Well I ended up buying the digital copy of the vanilla version since Walmart took too long to ship. Well those extra packs were not in the actual fifa box but packaged separately. I was like uhh and entered the code and just returned the game

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k63CxbZYhg

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

That's a really good deal for people who spend hundreds of dollars throughout the year on packs though (I do not do this).

I have to admit I saw the 40 jumbo packs and went hey ok maybe if it's like $80 then I went and saw it was $100 and for half a second was like "Hey I got the money" then I was like "lol what am I doing with my life" and resolved to only pay for the $60 one like a non-idiot

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've seen hosed up stuff on Fifa games before but this is some weir... :stare:

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Is that the usual 40 packs but you get 1 per week garbage?

Also anyone bought the US version and play in UK/Europe online? I'm guessing matchmaking is location based anyway

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
If anyone is thinking about purchasing 16 for PC and playing FUT is something you're interested at this video from reddit shows what you should expect once you reach division 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXPXZ5L9e8

Guillermus posted:

I've seen hosed up stuff on Fifa games before but this is some weir... :stare:

I've actually seen a plausible explanation for this on reddit and I think this is an exploit you could use everytime, basically he just kicked the ball to the middle and as soon as the shot went out he mashed triangle/Y to get Neuer to rush for the ball, since both keepers have the magic forcefield surrounding them that prevents players from coming near the rushing neuer was able to just rush to the ball and push the other GK without it counting as a foul. A pretty clever way to convert penalties I guess, not that it's any difficult to do so regularly.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 24, 2015

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I wonder what happens when the coin glitchers meet each other

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

If anyone is thinking about purchasing 16 for PC and playing FUT is something you're interested at this video from reddit shows what you should expect once you reach division 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXPXZ5L9e8

I've actually seen a plausible explanation for this on reddit and I think this is an exploit you could use everytime, basically he just kicked the ball to the middle and as soon as the shot went out he mashed triangle/Y to get Neuer to rush for the ball, since both keepers have the magic forcefield surrounding them that prevents players from coming near the rushing neuer was able to just rush to the ball and push the other GK without it counting as a foul. A pretty clever way to convert penalties I guess, not that it's any difficult to do so regularly.

It's been like that every year PC has had FUT, so that's nothing new. Last year I would just go up to d1 and get myself relegated 3 or 4 times and then go back up, etc.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

I wonder what happens when the coin glitchers meet each other

Both get the win.

hopterque posted:

It's been like that every year PC has had FUT, so that's nothing new. Last year I would just go up to d1 and get myself relegated 3 or 4 times and then go back up, etc.

Yeah so I heard, definitely not gonna change for 16. Getting relegated is not a bad solution for sure.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So I've seen the FIFA AI do some really stupid poo poo before but good god this was the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4XXweHUWBk

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that's stupid but whoever was controlling the goalie was 100% at fault. Why would you purposely line yourself up with the guy laying on the ground? I knew what was gonna happen before the goalie started the punt animation.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
He said AI so I'm guessing that's the CPU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

He said AI so I'm guessing that's the CPU

Correct. I saw it coming as soon as the goalie lined up that way. I was pretty surprised. You see weird collisions like that, but the pathing it took to get there was just bizarre.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Had something pretty great happen earlier. I started playing the MLS Cup and my dog started to throw up so I had to take him out and I figured ok whatever I'll just lose this game, it's just the first one. Anyway, I come back a few minutes later and it's halftime and somehow the dude has only scored 2 goals on me so I'm like ok it didn't afk me so let's just finish so I don't get the multiplier hit.

I go in the game and...he has a red card? Apparently his LM is out for the game. Anyway, he tries to just hold on to the ball when he realizes I'm back but I manage to get 2 goals anyway and beat him in penalties. Sad life if you can't even beat a dude who is afk for most of the first half.

Also, since I figured that it's basically impossible for me to save up enough coins to materially upgrade my team this year, I decided to play the lottery and spend the rest on packs. I spent 250k on Mega Packs, and during the year I got two mega packs at christmas, a couple from tournaments, 4 rare player packs (the 50k ones) from tournaments recently, and I think I bought another rare player pack today. I have not gotten a single in form of any sort. The most expensive player I've ever pulled was normal Courtois. Packs are rigged as gently caress!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
It can be a pain in the arse to beat an afk as the players stay in position but drift towards the ball slightly so its harder to get round than some idiot making the wrong move

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The Big Taff Man posted:

It can be a pain in the arse to beat an afk as the players stay in position but drift towards the ball slightly so its harder to get round than some idiot making the wrong move

Yeah this, a player afk is often way better at defending than if they're actually playing the game

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I dunno I've never had a problem scoring at will on afk people, you can do one of two things:

1) Dribble around them with pace control because while the CPU will run up to you they will never actually make the tackle so as long as you go slow you can just walk up to goal
2) Cross it in since no one is there to hit the clear button and you will at the very worst get a close header on net

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The best strat is to dribble, not sprint, directly at goal straight down the center of the pitch, and just walk around the last defender that won't put a tackle in, imo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That's what I just said though

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Stefan Prodan posted:

That's what I just said though

Yeah

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is there anyway to OFFER transfers in FIFA 14? like can I approach a team? I have some really solid players I want to loan out for development

In manager mode

Pls help

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Waroduce posted:

Is there anyway to OFFER transfers in FIFA 14? like can I approach a team? I have some really solid players I want to loan out for development

In manager mode

Pls help

No.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Aside from loan / transfer listing them

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What is the camera you guys use for manager mode or vs cpu? I feel like I can never seen the field and my front line v theyre back line. The cpu bombs poo poo foward or plays long through balls and I cant do anything close to it bc I cant see that far. Do you guys just use the lil map and get used to it? Is there a better camera setting?

'14 btw

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I think Stadium is the one that's zoomed out the most?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Anybody else get one?

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/621425934692958208

I got Reus and didn't know wtf was going on. Perfect since I had his nif card already

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Anybody else get one?

They gave me the 90 rated Wayne Rooney. Pretty awesome. I guess I'll have to make a good EPL team now, I always avoid them because they're so common in fifa, but the card is too good. Btw I had coins from when trading was incredibly easy (Buy an IF, use it, sell it a week later), took a long break from the game, then bought Ronaldo during the TOTS crash. Playing with Ronaldo feels you're playing a different game. Better coins spent then 99% of the TOTS cards.

My main squad is Ronaldo + Coentrao + Serie A 4-3-3. TOTS Icardi is the best striker I've used and I got him for 35k. Can't really recommend a player more. Fast, 99 positioning, jumping, finishing and heading. He can also pass well and is strong. I haven't seen him once which is bizarre.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Did anyone post this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
FIFA 16's alleged defensive improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EmXnLxg5Tw

• Locked thread