Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
hey page 16 this movie's still fuckin stupid and so are superhero movies

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Superhero movies are for children, OP.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

burritolingus posted:

Seth Rogen should be Batman in the next Batman.

Seth Rogen should be digitally inserted into all the previous Batmans as well. gently caress, we've had the technology to achieve this since Forrest Gump and we've just been sitting on our hands all this time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Gaunab posted:

I WANT MY MOVIES BASED ON COMIC BOOKS TO BE SUPER SERIOUS

You must feel strongly about this.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

watch out, Superman, you know what Stalin did to guys who did that salute

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Stottie Kyek posted:

watch out, Superman, you know what Stalin did to guys who did that salute

Signed a nonaggression pact with them?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

It just bugs me how Blaze everybody is in the face of danger.

You're confused, Johnny Blaze is Ghost Rider, he hasn't been in any of the Avengers movies.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gatekeeper posted:

whoah forgot all about rogen's green hornet. was it his fault that movie was so forgettable?

There's a lot of people to blame for that lovely film but most of the blame has to be put on Rogen since he starred in it, co-wrote it and co-produced it.

Gatekeeper posted:

at the time i remember thinking he was good in the role but the film itself was unfortunately boring. funny guys being super is cool (the ironman is a good example, or barry lyndon in the film barry lyndon) but the story still has to be not dumb. seth rogen is definitely a funny enough dude even if his particular brand of rambunctious judaism is a little played.

I just looked up the history of the Green Hornet film and the poo poo that made it onto the screens was the result of almost 20 years of Hollywood dickwaving development bullshit. George Clooney was originally signed to star in it, then they wanted Greg Kinnear, then they went for Mark Wahlberg, then it went quiet for a bit, then in 2003 they were trying to find a car company to buy product placement rights on the "hero car" and help develop the script (they didn't even have a script or a director or a lead actor at this point, they just wanted to nail down that sweet product placement cash before they started in on any of that less important stuff), then they signed Kevin Smith to write it and he wanted Jake Gyllenhaal to star in it, then someone said "Just hand all this poo poo over to Seth Rogen" and four years later the film finally came out.

Oh and Nic Cage very nearly ended up playing the main villain but dropped out when he saw that Seth Rogen was taking the script in a "different direction" than what he was comfortable with. You know a film is in a lot of loving trouble when Nic Cage goes "Eh, you just keep all this cash, I'll save my dignity and wait for something better." :v:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh and Nic Cage very nearly ended up playing the main villain but dropped out when he saw that Seth Rogen was taking the script in a "different direction" than what he was comfortable with.

hahaha holy poo poo, nothing anyone could ever say to seth rogen would ever be as big a burn as this

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Don't both with Age of Ultron. If you want to see a Disney movie for children go watch Inside Out instead.

age of ultron was ok but you can see how its beggining to fray from all the stupid super hero bullshit

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why is Wonder Woman a thin sad woman and not a beefy bad bitch in the new B-man vs Superpajamas

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no beefy bad bitches around

bodybuilders and athletes dont count

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Missed Mad Max too, sigh

you fool

babypolis posted:

age of ultron was ok but you can see how its beggining to fray from all the stupid super hero bullshit

wonder how Marvel's like 50 year plan of movies is going to shake out in the end

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

wonder how Marvel's like 50 year plan of movies is going to shake out in the end

Hopefully with kids deciding comics are loving dumb as gently caress and getting in to hardcore gangster rap

Probably for the best

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

Why is Wonder Woman a thin sad woman and not a beefy bad bitch in the new B-man vs Superpajamas

I know they picked a completely wrong actress for her. You know who would have been good? The Pixie-haired bodybuilder chick everyone's raving about lately.

Or, you know what, a Black woman. Not even for the purposes of diversity or whatever, just because right now I think Wonder Woman would best be portrayed by a powerful Black woman. Don't attempt to give any explanation for why WW is suddenly Black, just have her be a big muscly Black woman.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I feel like, and this is just my opinion, Wonder Woman should be played by a man

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

I feel like, and this is just my opinion, Wonder Woman should be played by a man

I like where you're going with this...

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

I know they picked a completely wrong actress for her. You know who would have been good? The Pixie-haired bodybuilder chick everyone's raving about lately.

Or, you know what, a Black woman. Not even for the purposes of diversity or whatever, just because right now I think Wonder Woman would best be portrayed by a powerful Black woman. Don't attempt to give any explanation for why WW is suddenly Black, just have her be a big muscly Black woman.

Make it happen DC, you loving clown bitches

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
:eyepop:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No but seriously pls post more pics of Black women who have a suitable body type to play Wonder Woman.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

That's not fair. Penn has lost a ton of weight since he got his stomach stapled.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I'm the cheeks being flat on her face despite obviously being intended to express chubbiness.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was going to, but I can't have Captain Winky (my superhero) taking over the day so early

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Applewhite posted:

Or Gina Carano. This must've been an awkward conversation:

"They cast Gal Gadot as WW."
"Who?"
"She was the woman in Fast & Furious 6"
"Oh, the former American Gladiator / UFC fighter who kicks rear end in real life, and has been in action movies before, and basically already looks like WW? What a great choice!"
"... Er, no. The other one."

Instead, she gets a bit part in Deadpool and has to work with Rob Liefeld on an Avengelyne movie. As if Liefeld hasn't ruined enough.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Actually Wonder Woman is an Amazonian and if there's a demographic more underrepresented in major motion pictures than black people, it's indigenous South Americans.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

unlimited shrimp posted:

Actually Wonder Woman is an Amazonian and if there's a demographic more underrepresented in major motion pictures than black people, it's indigenous South Americans.

Yeah please cast a brazilian cannibal as Wonder Woman.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Applewhite posted:

No but seriously pls post more pics of Black women who have a suitable body type to play Wonder Woman.

completely serious here

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a lot of people to blame for that lovely film but most of the blame has to be put on Rogen since he starred in it, co-wrote it and co-produced it.

I just looked up the history of the Green Hornet film and the poo poo that made it onto the screens was the result of almost 20 years of Hollywood dickwaving development bullshit. George Clooney was originally signed to star in it, then they wanted Greg Kinnear, then they went for Mark Wahlberg, then it went quiet for a bit, then in 2003 they were trying to find a car company to buy product placement rights on the "hero car" and help develop the script (they didn't even have a script or a director or a lead actor at this point, they just wanted to nail down that sweet product placement cash before they started in on any of that less important stuff), then they signed Kevin Smith to write it and he wanted Jake Gyllenhaal to star in it, then someone said "Just hand all this poo poo over to Seth Rogen" and four years later the film finally came out.

Oh and Nic Cage very nearly ended up playing the main villain but dropped out when he saw that Seth Rogen was taking the script in a "different direction" than what he was comfortable with. You know a film is in a lot of loving trouble when Nic Cage goes "Eh, you just keep all this cash, I'll save my dignity and wait for something better." :v:

Rogan was on Howard Stern not long ago. Fessed up that the movie was a steaming pile of poo poo. Owned it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gatekeeper posted:

completely serious here

He said women

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Monkey Fracas posted:

you fool

They'll do like they have done in the comics for the last two decades..as soon as sales start to drop they'll have a huge event and then everyone in the films will be different. This will make a huge buzz in the media because poo poo like Thor being a girl is infinitely stupid and Sales will continue to dwindle so they'll tease the big return of the original heroes almost immediately. People will come back for the return of the original heroes.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gatekeeper posted:

completely serious here

There's a scene in the new season of Orange is the New Black where she gets beat up by two scrawny women, and I'm thinking, there's no way that happens in real life

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
serena williams looks like she could beat the poo poo out of most of the people in this movie

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Wasn't it three women? Maybe it was only two doing the actual fighting but there was definitely three women.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

serena williams looks like she could beat the poo poo out of most of the people in this movie

Was just about to suggest Serena Williams.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

Wasn't it three women? Maybe it was only two doing the actual fighting but there was definitely three women.

She's 5'11" and weighs at least 190 pounds; if switching teams means losing your default fighting advantage, that seems like a raw deal to me

Get Venus, the hotter Williams sister

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

Get Venus, the hotter Williams sister

*googles both and compares them side by side*

idk, even with her freaky steroid muscles, I think Serena might be hotter by virtue of her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Catelyn Jenner

• Locked thread