Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Electromax posted:

The struggle is real

Any time I ask my friends to go see a movie in theaters we only see Superhero movies, it's terrible. I'm going to go see Inside Out instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lurdiak posted:

Any time I ask my friends to go see a movie in theaters we only see Superhero movies, it's terrible. I'm going to go see Inside Out instead.

It's quite good, but try to arrive late enough to skip the short if you can, that thing will NEVER get out of your head.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
His face is just really distracting. It looks pretty cool form behind.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Madkal posted:

What I find amusing is how accurate Psylocke's costume is (to the point of it being somewhat cosplay-y) but how different Apocalypse looks from the comicbooks.

Of all the X-men for whom one could decide to slavishly devote oneself to accurately recreating the comic book outfit, we really should have known it would be psylocke.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I guess they decided to say gently caress it and go full on cartoon with the X-Men this time. That Psylocke costume looks comic-book accurate, but also kinda bad at the same time. Very comic-con-y. I'm also disappointed in Storm. They go mohawk which I loooove, but instead of awesome totally 80's leather getup, they put her in that nu-Claremont styled costume. That is an era of comics I never want to be reminded of. So very disappointing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Can't decide if the Psylocke costume from X-Men 3 is better or worst. It definitely feels like the laziest though.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I completely forgot Psylocke was in X-Men 3 which pretty much sums up the issues with that movie.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Duckula posted:

I completely forgot Psylocke was in X-Men 3 which pretty much sums up the issues with that movie.

That doesn't begin to address the problems with X-men 3.

I not only forgot she was in it, I cannot in any way remember her character, even having seen that picture of her.

edit: yikes that movie is 9 years old

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 17, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think she is ever named or speaks.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

theflyingorc posted:

That doesn't begin to address the problems with X-men 3.

I not only forgot she was in it, I cannot in any way remember her character, even having seen that picture of her.

The funniest thing for me is I think it was Wizard had an interview with the actress before the movie came out and the actress was talking about the movie and the role Psylocke played in it and whatnot. When I finally saw the movie Psylocke was hardly in it and did poo poo all (I don't even remember if she used her powers or not). After reading how awesome the character would be, she was the most forgettable character in the movie*

*Actually any mutant in the movie that wasn't an X-Man or Magneto was forgettable and underused.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think she is ever named or speaks.

Doesn't she give magneto crap about "where are your tattoos" and he shows the serial number to win them over to his cause?

Ian McKellen is the only redeeming part of that movie

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

(I don't even remember if she used her powers or not).

She never once uses telepathy/telekinesis. Only once does she shadow-port the rest of her forgettable gang members into the facility at the end fight. And then instead of shadow-porting out to safety when everything goes to hell, they run out of the facility and get vaporized by Jean :downs:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cocks Cable posted:

She never once uses telepathy/telekinesis. Only once does she shadow-port the rest of her forgettable gang members into the facility at the end fight. And then instead of shadow-porting out to safety when everything goes to hell, they run out of the facility and get vaporized by Jean :downs:

Well according to X-Men Movie Wiki

X-Men Wiki thing posted:

Although Mei Melançon said that she would be able to use psi-blades in the film, she does not use them in the film or deleted scenes

I think that can sum up her character pretty well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Doesn't she give magneto crap about "where are your tattoos" and he shows the serial number to win them over to his cause?

Ian McKellen is the only redeeming part of that movie

That scene was the best part of the movie and possibly the best scene in any X-men movie. It's just such a good way to sum up Magneto's character.

Doesn't really make up for everything else, though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The only henchmutant I remember from X3 was the porcupine guy who was meant to be on a level with Magneto and Pyro but he's only dangerous if he gets close enough to hug you.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Wheat Loaf posted:

The only henchmutant I remember from X3 was the porcupine guy who was meant to be on a level with Magneto and Pyro but he's only dangerous if he gets close enough to hug you.

Like Wolverine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember Multiple Man having the most pointless appearance in the world.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Got back from seeing Ant-Man. I thought it was really enjoyable. There's a lot of heart in the film and really good performances.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is actually really frustrating lol.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

This is actually really frustrating lol.
I know, Olivia's posture is terrible.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I can't believe that of every comic book character put on screen that the one with the most 1:1 faithful to the comics costume is Jim Lee Psylocke.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

zoux posted:

I can't believe that of every comic book character put on screen that the one with the most 1:1 faithful to the comics costume is Jim Lee Psylocke.

Why is that hard to believe? There's a reason Psylocke is popular and it isn't because she's a complex multi-layered character.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Got back from seeing Ant-Man. I thought it was really enjoyable. There's a lot of heart in the film and really good performances.

It really was. The performances were great, the action took advantage of all the creative possibilities of the suit, and the cast was thoroughly likeable.

I also never thought I'd find ants cute but :3:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It really was. The performances were great, the action took advantage of all the creative possibilities of the suit, and the cast was thoroughly likeable.

It is amazing
http://teamcoco.com/video/paul-rudd-shows-an-exclusive-ant-man-clip?playlist=featured-videos

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

zoux posted:

More faithful than Deadpool?

Edit-- also you're forgetting The Rocketeer. :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Xenomrph posted:

More faithful than Deadpool?

Edit-- also you're forgetting The Rocketeer. :colbert:

What about Marv and everyone else in Sin City?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Does the dog ant die? :ohdear:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bobkatt013 posted:

What about Marv and everyone else in Sin City?
Somehow I totally forgot about Sin City, good call.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Does the dog ant die? :ohdear:

Lots of ants die. It's very sad. :(

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Antman is on par with Guardians for pure fun factor. Action was great, acting was great. Hope Van Dyne was pretty awesome. Ending stingers were great. And the cameo of Falcon was both badassed and hilarious. I'll be going to see it again in a week or two.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Just got back from Ant-Man and, yes, it is great fun. Every sequence with the shrinking and ant-control tech is everything you'd hoped it would be and more. It's not the most realistic CGI I suppose, but it really ups the bar in terms of entertainment and enjoyability.

On the other hand, this is also the single most generic Marvel film in terms of storyline, dialogue, and characters. Heck, forget Marvel films; I'm going to go as far as to say that Green Lantern probably had better writing and a less stilted final act than this. And holy poo poo, Yellowjacket was probably the most cringeworthy, unengaging villain character in a franchise that also includes Ronan and Malekith.

I probably won't watch it again.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Madkal posted:

*Actually any mutant in the movie that wasn't an X-Man or Magneto was forgettable and underused.

This is wrong, I clearly remember Juggernaut because I'm a huge Juggernaut fan and that Juggernaut really pissed me off.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Grendels Dad posted:

This is wrong, I clearly remember Juggernaut because I'm a huge Juggernaut fan and that Juggernaut really pissed me off.

Juggernaut isn't a mutant.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Chaos Hippy posted:

He was in X-Men 3.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

zoux posted:

Let's not judge the accuracy of the costume before we have seen how uncomfortably far the swimsuit rides up her butt crack. I really wish they would have gone with the new costume, but I guess that one is encapsulating the Eighties better.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Vinnie Jones wanted a Juggernaut spin-off movie. If they'd done X3 today, instead of 10 years ago, he'd probably get one.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Vinnie Jones wanted a Juggernaut spin-off movie. If they'd done X3 today, instead of 10 years ago, he'd probably get one.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vinnie Jones getting into James McAvoy's face for two hours. As long as they give him the brown costume and helmet that makes him look like a chocolate marshmallow.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Chaos Hippy posted:

He's the Juggernaut, bitch.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

It looks like they also made him taller, but yeah this is acceptable. The other one just looks weird and awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The costumes were always one of the weaknesses of the Singer films, but actually, I'm not hating that Storm. Alexandra Shipp makes that mohawk work, and what we can see of the costume isn't bad at all either. It's probably the best that Storm has ever looked, to be honest.

• Locked thread