Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Most people from South Carolina know that Wade Hampton is trash as well. His progeny was trash too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Next they'll be trying to rename Forrest Gump, America's greatest hero, to Sherman Gump or something

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Most people from South Carolina know that Wade Hampton is trash as well. His progeny was trash too.

The union would also have greatly improved the gene pool by eradicating the whole plantation, confederate war hero and fire eater class from the South.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

perfect. everything about this.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
The incident occurred at the Redneck Yacht Club during the annual 'Swamp Cabbage Weekend'.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

quote:

A spokesperson for the Redneck Yacht Club said that everyone signs a liability waiver upon entering the mud park, and that the incident was an unfortunate event that occurred on their property.

lol

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

fits my needs posted:

yeah i'm more mad about my federal tax dollars from california being siphoned off by shithole southern states.

Kick the south out of the dollarzone. A 'confexit' if you will

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Lord of Pie posted:

Here's more than the headshot. Hail Satan y'all.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

m... mine are both solid black?

Are you concerned?

If you don't know what might means, you also might be a redneck :toughguy:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

:siren:Trigger Warning :siren:

An actual speech by Nathan Bedford Forrest to a black audience:

quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen I accept the flowers as a memento of reconciliation between the white and colored races of the southern states. I accept it more particularly as it comes from a colored lady, for if there is any one on God's earth who loves the ladies I believe it is myself. ( Immense applause and laughter.) I came here with the jeers of some white people, who think that I am doing wrong. I believe I can exert some influence, and do much to assist the people in strengthening fraternal relations, and shall do all in my power to elevate every man to depress none. (Applause.) I want to elevate you to take positions in law offices, in stores, on farms, and wherever you are capable of going. I have not said anything about politics today. I don't propose to say anything about politics. You have a right to elect whom you please; vote for the man you think best, and I think, when that is done, you and I are freemen. Do as you consider right and honest in electing men for office. I did not come here to make you a long speech, although invited to do so by you. I am not much of a speaker, and my business prevented me from preparing myself. I came to meet you as friends, and welcome you to the white people. I want you to come nearer to us. When I can serve you I will do so. We have but one flag, one country; let us stand together. We may differ in color, but not in sentiment Many things have been said about me which are wrong, and which white and black persons here, who stood by me through the war, can contradict. Go to work, be industrious, live honestly and act truly, and when you are oppressed I'll come to your relief. I thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for this opportunity you have afforded me to be with you, and to assure you that I am with you in heart and in hand. (Prolonged applause.)

Original more accurate transcription that I'm not going to copy over but you can totally read here: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045160/1875-07-06/ed-1/seq-1/

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 12, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He started the klan, but in the end felt it was a mistake, and probably he did it more out of anger at losing, and being owned by the Yankees than anything. Southern honor was a mountain til Sherman.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He regretted it because it became random violence he didn't control instead of directed and professional.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 12, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nonsense posted:

He started the klan, but in the end felt it was a mistake, and probably he did it more out of anger at losing, and being owned by the Yankees than anything. Southern honor was a mountain til Sherman.

So has it ever been postulated that Sherman was possibly a pyromaniac?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

uhh no because most of the poo poo attributed to him was made up by southern revisionists and goons dont know poo poo about history

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I went to school in a town that is named after Nathan Bedford Forrest, AFAIK there is no discussion about possibly renaming the city, which btw, is majority black

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

etalian posted:

well killing defenseless blacks is a southern value

NBF was willing to put his time in grinding out creeps.

HERITAGE NOT HATE

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
sherman didn't just literally burn everything in his wake. he destroyed targets of strategic interest like railroads.

Bro Dad posted:

uhh no because most of the poo poo attributed to him was made up by southern revisionists and goons dont know poo poo about history

yeah

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Sherman embarassed the south so they made him into a literal demon as cover hth

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nonsense posted:

:heritage:

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Although Norman Lee Nowling committed a criminal act, he actually did the community at-large a favor. NLN may actually have saved someone's life, strangely enough. 16-years-old is FAR TOO YOUNG to be in control of a deadly-weapon, otherwise known as a motor-vehicle. Most 16-year-olds HAVE NO FEAR, yet we put them in control of a 1-TON+ MISSILE!! INSANE!! It's not the young girl's fault, the laws are a joke. You can't have a beer until you're 21, but you can drive around in a 1-TON+ missile, at 16. Wow.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Halah posted:

Although Norman Lee Nowling committed a criminal act, he actually did the community at-large a favor. NLN may actually have saved someone's life, strangely enough. 16-years-old is FAR TOO YOUNG to be in control of a deadly-weapon, otherwise known as a motor-vehicle. Most 16-year-olds HAVE NO FEAR, yet we put them in control of a 1-TON+ MISSILE!! INSANE!! It's not the young girl's fault, the laws are a joke. You can't have a beer until you're 21, but you can drive around in a 1-TON+ missile, at 16. Wow.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

What is it about the comments section of news sites that MAKE people TYPE like THIS?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Bro Dad posted:

That's exactly what William Sherman would say. :tinfoil:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

he felt genuine sympathy for black Americans, he also would have slit the throat of every indian babe in the west if he could lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

By that point it was too late for apologizing.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/V2leywx.jpg

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
The miracle of birth

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I dont get it, whats up with that snake?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I dont get it, whats up with that snake?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag
Idiot freemen adopted it as their symbol and now everyone is using it.

and the ever loved better alternative:

Edited to timg, that image is bigger than I thought.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 17, 2015

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, that clears up some questions i had for the "give the south a new flag" thread.

Mainly what was up with that snake.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Thanks, that clears up some questions i had for the "give the south a new flag" thread.

Mainly what was up with that snake.

Mainly Libertarians have been spreading that around for years. That is sort of expected because they are loving idiots.

I learned something new tonight:

Wikipedia posted:

Considered one of the first flags of the United States, the flag was later replaced by the current Stars and Stripes (or Old Glory) flag.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 17, 2015

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

dont treadmill on me

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Somebody please post the "leave me alone lads :^" snake, tia.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

thank

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

im the handicap license plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mildly Amusing posted:

im the handicap license plate

I'm the guy who wants to boycott taxis because they're driven by muslims apparently, but has never seen a muslim, or a taxi

• Locked thread