Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

With every single case I have ever seen of these dudes, there is always a core of venal pragmatism:
- I don't want to pay my vehicle registration/pay for car insurance
- I don't want to pay income taxes
- I don't want to pay property taxes
- I am driving while drunk and don't want to be arrested/go to jail for it
- I am trying to steal real estate (squatters)
- I have warrants for my arrest for previous crimes and I am trying to resist or evade arrest by police
- I want to use guns in ways that my local laws do not allow

gently caress these guys forever, they're all garbage

The big one now is collecting water. I'm not even talking about Tom Selleck's recent hassle with his farm, but there was a case that was banded about social media where a guy was sentenced to a month in county jail for "collecting rainwater". But, if you read more into it, he wasn't just collecting rainwater, he was damming up public streams and creating tanks that would fill 20 Olympic-sized swimming pools. Reservoirs, mind you, that had boat docks and were seeded with trout for his personal fishing.

That's essentially what I was brought up in my last post, it's basic Rousseau's Social Contract: you have might these unalienable rights, but laws and organizations must be put in place to protect you and others from individuals who would use their rights to step all over your own. Of course, Sov Cits have a large misunderstanding of this, especially the idea of rejecting the laws and government to become free men again, that the people have to consent to governed (hence the "I do not consent" whenever the police enforces those laws). However, living in the United States or an industrialized democratic country, you give your tacit consent by living here and staying within it's boundaries.

IronClaymore posted:

I would love to see that applied to someone trying to wander into a B-2 bomber base or something. Actually I bet the guards would be super polite. And gentle. Polite and gentle and firm. Ehh, that's probably the most fun they have. Guarding some boondoggle base in the middle of the desert, you'd be glad to have a chat with some nut who just wanders up in the middle of the night wanting to get in and look at poo poo.

(Edit: no offence to the B2, you're not a boondoggle. I've flown you on a simulator you're super smooth.)

The Venn diagram of Area 51 campers and Freeman of the Land is pretty much a circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

dougdrums posted:

Some canadian freemen:
http://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/doc/2013/2013oncj160/2013oncj160.html

There's a few other good ones, but I can't find them.

As an American, it blows my mind that he was found not guilty of assaulting an officer because they had no cause to arrest him. He would have been hanging from the rafters in the states...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/road-trip-for-suburban-woman-ends-in-jailhouse-death/853139/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

IronClaymore posted:

I would love to see that applied to someone trying to wander into a B-2 bomber base or something. Actually I bet the guards would be super polite. And gentle. Polite and gentle and firm. Ehh, that's probably the most fun they have. Guarding some boondoggle base in the middle of the desert, you'd be glad to have a chat with some nut who just wanders up in the middle of the night wanting to get in and look at poo poo.
I accidently took a wrong turn and got into a traffic line going straight to the gate of a USAF base. The guards were indeed super nice and simply opened up a a side gate to let me turn around and get out. People behind me probably :ughh: because they saw some dumbfuck with Canadian plates going onto base.

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

my one weird trick to get out of tickets is to not break the law

CLICK ~HERE~ FOR THE SIMPLE TRICK COPS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

GirlBones posted:

As an American, it blows my mind that he was found not guilty of assaulting an officer because they had no cause to arrest him. He would have been hanging from the rafters in the states...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/road-trip-for-suburban-woman-ends-in-jailhouse-death/853139/

Ehh, Tl;DR, and make each guy pay the other guy's medical bills, maybe force them to participate against each other in a televised paintball event or some poo poo, and call it even. Don't spend several dozen thousands of taxpayers money sending one of them to prison.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Holy poo poo, those comments. It's like a loving sovereign citizen echo chamber.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I love sovereign citizen threads. That said listening to man-children scream as they are tased/beaten/arrested makes me very uncomfortable.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It must be cool to be able to stand in a court of law in front of a judge, Jesus, and everybody spouting all this nonsense about BERTH CERTIFICATES and CAPITAL STRAWMEN and gold fringe and stuff and not realize everyone hates you and thinks you're stupid. Like imagine how liberating that is.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Crazyeyes posted:

I love sovereign citizen threads. That said listening to man-children scream as they are tased/beaten/arrested makes me very uncomfortable.

Hey, you're posting. That makes you one of us!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

It must be cool to be able to stand in a court of law in front of a judge, Jesus, and everybody spouting all this nonsense about BERTH CERTIFICATES and CAPITAL STRAWMEN and gold fringe and stuff and not realize everyone hates you and thinks you're stupid. Like imagine how liberating that is.

yeah some people must have really interesting head spaces

there's people that think angels and demons are literally among us affecting poo poo we do every day like it's Constanstine; it's crazy but drat they must live in an interesting reality at least.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

*sidles up to bar* Evening madam, henceforth known as woman no capital, would you care to consent to joinder and travel freely over the land back to my place I got a twelve pack of Keystone

stump collector
May 28, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

*sidles up to bar* Evening madam, henceforth known as woman no capital, would you care to consent to joinder and travel freely over the land back to my place I got a twelve pack of Keystone

this post reminds me of a whimsical jalopy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I love when the guys in the car always go "Please dont break the window..." after their strongarm attempts dont loving work. Yeah sorry dickhead your window is gone and your rear end got rekt because you are too stupid to just take the loving ticket and leave.

IM NOT DRIVING IM TRAVELING

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Crazyeyes posted:

SO, YOU STILL HAVE COMPASSION

WATCH THESE 5 SOVEREIGN CITIZEN VIDEOS, THEY WILL CURE YOU OF THIS DEBILITATING WEAKNESS

http://fox2now.com/2015/02/13/woman-tries-to-kick-owners-out-of-4-7-million-chesterfield-mansion/
http://wreg.com/2013/03/11/squatter-refuses-to-cooperate-in-court/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZB-k4jKBc (bonus "I am a Moor" moon logic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoYpk7xwPkI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BPf08CWqA

e: somehow I bungled a very straightforward copy/paste I blame the admiralty flag

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 18, 2015

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
My girlfriend's dad apparently pulls that "am I being detained?!?" bullshit all the time. Pisses cops off sooooo much and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
there has to be an area between *making a cop feel your slimy cum on the back of their neck* and *just blowing him off,*

I keep trying but I have never quite got it.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Crazyeyes posted:

My girlfriend's dad apparently pulls that "am I being detained?!?" bullshit all the time. Pisses cops off sooooo much and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

there are lots of situations where cops will rely on the fact that most people just assume they have to stop and talk to cops whenever the cops want them to, sort of lying by omission. so it's actually not a bad idea, in general, because it requires them to either lie, inform you that you are being detained and why, or attempt to dodge the question.

if you don't actually understand what you are trying to accomplish, though, like if you are told "yes, this is a terry stop" and then just ignore that perfectly good explanation, then yes you are just being annoying

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Not only will Sovereign Citizens make you appreciate and even enjoy police brutality, they can also make you root for filthy rich mansion owners, and that's pretty incredible :allears:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

there are lots of situations where cops will rely on the fact that most people just assume they have to stop and talk to cops whenever the cops want them to, sort of lying by omission. so it's actually not a bad idea, in general, because it requires them to either lie, inform you that you are being detained and why, or attempt to dodge the question.

if you don't actually understand what you are trying to accomplish, though, like if you are told "yes, this is a terry stop" and then just ignore that perfectly good explanation, then yes you are just being annoying

to expand a little, it's really basically to set yourself up so that if you wind up in court, your lawyer can say that you were under arrest and therefore what you said should not be admissible, or something like that.

same with the "i do not consent" thing; it's not something you do to absolutely prevent being searched, it's something you say so that if the cop goes ahead and does the search anyway, you can later testify in court that you didn't consent to the search so that your lawyer has room to argue that the cops did not have grounds to perform a search and have the evidence tossed.

that's basically the gist of all "how to deal with the cops" advice: comply, but make it clear (in as non-hostile a manner as possible) that you don't want to. sovcits seem to think if they can demonstrate they didn't consent, they'll be let off the hook for defying the cops, which is where poo poo gets tragic(ally hilarious)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

slidebite posted:

I accidently took a wrong turn and got into a traffic line going straight to the gate of a USAF base. The guards were indeed super nice and simply opened up a a side gate to let me turn around and get out. People behind me probably :ughh: because they saw some dumbfuck with Canadian plates going onto base.

That's really cool that they were chill about it, I'm guessing you're not the first guy to roll up and say "uh whoops I took a wrong turn, sorry about that :shobon:"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i will say that i have no beef with the guys who gently caress with the border patrol checkpoints miles away from the border. "are you a citizen" lol get hosed

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta ask 'are we the baddies?'

Freedom is a knife-edge of anarchy and order

Odo should be Bernie's VP

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i will say that i have no beef with the guys who gently caress with the border patrol checkpoints miles away from the border. "are you a citizen" lol get hosed

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
What will police do if you just sit there and exercise your right to remain silent, by actually just shutting the gently caress up? I'm gonna see if there are any videos on that....Just checked. they're all pretty boring. Seems to work pretty well, though.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Dregs posted:

What will police do if you just sit there and exercise your right to remain silent, by actually just shutting the gently caress up? I'm gonna see if there are any videos on that....Just checked. they're all pretty boring. Seems to work pretty well, though.

"Look i get it you have the right to remain silent, can I just see your ID and Reg so I can go home"

gets ticket mailed to home address

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Is speeding really a crime?
I'm not driving, I'm traveling :smug:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ROFLburger posted:

Is speeding really a crime?
I'm not driving, I'm traveling :smug:

Great way to lose a window

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

I mean, yeah, there's some naval traditions thrown in there, but I think most people know by now that English courts and their progeny are arenas for open Saturn worship.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

S.D. posted:

Hell yes, a Sovereign Citizens thread. The last one was great, and also had an Alberta court document that went through a lot of the various Sovereign Citizen movements. Had to dig for a few minutes, but you can find it here. http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.pdf

A buddy of mine is articling in Alberta and he has strict instructions to tell Justice Rooke thate his decision in Meads v Meads was absolute genius.

Sovereign citizens/moorish temple acolytes/freemen on the land are the best thing ever. Apparently they're starting to be a thing in Ontario now; I'm articling at a place now and they said if there's ever a case involving one I'll get to be in on it.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

SO, YOU STILL HAVE COMPASSION

WATCH THESE 5 SOVEREIGN CITIZEN VIDEOS, THEY WILL CURE YOU OF THIS DEBILITATING WEAKNESS

http://fox2now.com/2015/02/13/woman-tries-to-kick-owners-out-of-4-7-million-chesterfield-mansion/
http://wreg.com/2013/03/11/squatter-refuses-to-cooperate-in-court/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZB-k4jKBc (bonus "I am a Moor" moon logic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoYpk7xwPkI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BPf08CWqA

e: somehow I bungled a very straightforward copy/paste I blame the admiralty flag

No sovcits getting tazed, last video promises morons getting gunned down by trying to intimidate police while armed but does not deliver.

Boo, I say, boo.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

LeoMarr posted:

"Look i get it you have the right to remain silent, can I just see your ID and Reg so I can go home"

gets ticket mailed to home address

Of course, a sovereign citizen would probably give wrong address, which means they're never notified of the ticket, which goes warrant and now they're truly, truly hosed.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

The Dregs posted:

You have to say it or they can use the expressions on your face as evidence.

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.

NutritiousSnack posted:

this seems like a joke but it's not. (Berghuins)

The GOP Delusion fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 18, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

olylifter posted:

A buddy of mine is articling in Alberta and he has strict instructions to tell Justice Rooke thate his decision in Meads v Meads was absolute genius.

Sovereign citizens/moorish temple acolytes/freemen on the land are the best thing ever. Apparently they're starting to be a thing in Ontario now; I'm articling at a place now and they said if there's ever a case involving one I'll get to be in on it.

Speaking of Canadian sovcits, there's a ton of them in the Kamloops/Kelowna BC area. One ran for mayor/city council or some other government position not too long ago and it went about how you'd expect. Look at this loving guy.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/132105853.html

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

NutritiousSnack posted:

What if my mouth is wide open and my eyes are bulging out as if I've been inside of a bunker being shelled for the past 6 months, is that an admission of guilt?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Can I just say...the very last part of this video is the most amazing thing. Dude is just nonplussed by everything going down.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ninotoreS posted:

I am white, male, and not very attractive (short, hairy, etc). i.e. I have no charisma going for me except for being white

I have a vehicle which I have not paid the fee to update the registration on since 2011. It's 20 years old, has body damage in two places, and it's white with 'tree-dirt' constantly on it that never completely washes off. i.e. it looks trashy

However, it does have a small Fraternity of Police sticker on my back window dated from 2007. I donated like 5 bucks or something once.

I have been pulled over half a dozen times for the expired registration and that little '12' sticker on my license-plate that I nonchalantly leave on there.

I have been let off with a warning by the nice policeman every time.

I just say, every time, "sorry officer, I know it's the expired registration. Would you believe this car spends all of its time parked under a tree? I rarely drive it. Hence the tree-dirt."

And they reply, every time, "I believe you. There's obviously no way you could be regularly driving a vehicle that out of date all these years and never been ticketed."

:v:

i will donating to a pig charity soon

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

YOU TRIED TO ATTACK MY NUTS :( :(

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

my one weird trick to get out of tickets is to not break the law

:lol:

statistically you broke 6 laws since you got up this morning

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/10/you-break-the-law-every-day-without-even-knowing-it.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Dregs posted:

They have to tell you of the right and you have to acknowledge it or you have to say that you're operating under it, or else it doesn't count as being in effect. Which is dumb, but not it's not the cops' fault that the law is that way.

• Locked thread