Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know why I haven't beaten Graces f. I literally saved right outside the boss of the epilogue like a year ago and I haven't turned it on since.

Same for Tales of Xillia. Stopped to do some sidequests right before final boss, gave up, haven't played in months.

Bought the Tales of Symphonia + Sequel on PSN, never downloaded it. I actually forgot I even had it till I was typing up this post.

Shinjobi posted:

Tales of Graces F was fun as hell, and despite how unimaginative the story was I really miss the hijinks of its cast.

Xillia just couldn't strike the same tone for me.

Tales of Graces is probably my favorite game in the series, followed by Abyss. Granted, I only started playing from Symphonia.

But yeah, the characters were just so great. I kept missing the dynamics from Graces as I was playing Xillia. Like, the characters in Xillia aren't bad and I like how messed up they can be, but nothing can type the after-battle bits / skits in Graces f.

Also, Graces f has Pascal and Sophie, whereas the other games decidedly do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bad Seafood posted:

Nocturne update: I sure don't miss the anxiety of rolling up three of the four skills you wanted only to wonder if you should settle.

I should finish this game one day.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm doing hard mode.

It's been a real treat.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Where the gently caress is Vesperia PC edition, uhh, Failmco.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never really got what the hate for Graces story was, it seemed about the same as all the other Tales games to me.

FirstAidKite posted:

Contra 3 is good but I liked Hard Corps more

Contra 3 feels paced better to me, Hard Corps is practically a boss rush the whole way through and getting rid of the health system from the JP version just pushed it on to the wrong side of difficult for me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I think I would really enjoy Vesperia, which is why I'm constantly sad that it's never been released for the PS3 in NA.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

God yes

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

I never really got what the hate for Graces story was, it seemed about the same as all the other Tales games to me.

I feel like a lot of plots in many Tales of games could be resolved through talking + a healthy dose of mental therapy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I really, really hope we get Vesperia PC now. And Abyss. And Legendia. And Graces f.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

other tales plots at least have something going on. like, yeah, none of them are great, but asbel just repeatedly slamming his head into the Richard Wall is super boring. there's no progression, it's just bebopping around until the game decides to end.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Contra 3 feels paced better to me, Hard Corps is practically a boss rush the whole way through and getting rid of the health system from the JP version just pushed it on to the wrong side of difficult for me.

Even with it being harder than its japanese release, Hard Corps was still really fun, and I liked the boss rush aspect to it combined with all the different branches and how all 4 characters had unique weapons and playstyles. Game also had really good sprites and animations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I downloaded Gatchaman Crowds because this forum keeps talking about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also, Graces f has Pascal and Sophie, whereas the other games decidedly do not.

Fukkin Pascal, man. What a hoot. And a holler.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shinjobi posted:

Fukkin Pascal, man. What a hoot. And a holler.

Pascal is the best.

She is also dense so I hope Hubert's feeling reach her someday.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfPu6oVLN3c

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

Even with it being harder than its japanese release, Hard Corps was still really fun, and I liked the boss rush aspect to it combined with all the different branches and how all 4 characters had unique weapons and playstyles. Game also had really good sprites and animations.

Oh yeah, it's fed an amazing game and my preference is probably more based just on playing 3 first tbh.
Shattered Soldier was good too, even though it was a shame it had to go 3D instead of still using sprites. The soundtrack kind of made up for it though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I just finished Ping Pong and I literally cried this episode. Jesus christ. I have never cried for an anime in... god, a long a time. Not even Gurren Lagann. Just... wow.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this could make an insanely good av if you got it down to size

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

For reals though Ping Pong is incredibly good.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

For reals though Ping Pong is incredibly good.

ADTRW's AOTY 2014

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pascal is the best.

She is also dense so I hope Hubert's feeling reach her someday.

:agreed: friend, :agreed:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Alternatively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5betFZRICVg

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, it's fed an amazing game and my preference is probably more based just on playing 3 first tbh.
Shattered Soldier was good too, even though it was a shame it had to go 3D instead of still using sprites. The soundtrack kind of made up for it though.

I never played shattered soldier, but I know the best thing to come out of it was the alternate ending that everybody reading this post is required to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrJ7zWGI9MI

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-8TdpkfDA

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It all returns to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Today in Akiba I picked up a new Saber figure. With the other ones in my small collection, I have like five different Sabers, with another two I'm planning on getting within the next couple months.

Collecting these things is starting to consume me, but I like it? This is a curious feeling.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I downloaded Gatchaman Crowds because this forum keeps talking about it.

Good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

by 'different sabers' do you mean including various other kinds of sabers, such as nero, or literally just arturia

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

typing that post made me realize that the nasuverse is stupid

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Just Arturias for now, but Sakura Saber, one of the two I plan on getting, is Japanese and a different person. The other is Arturia in a party dress.

To my credit, I don't have any plans for more Sabers. Yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sakura saber is also a good saber. my favorite is nero, however.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

Welcome

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Sakura Tenge does have a great voice. Oh, and Nero has a cool theme song, too.

And this is the party dress one I'm going to get. Decently priced, and it looks good. That's about all it needs to qualify for purchase.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

I'm just sad I understood it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nero was awesome and my greatest regret is that she was saddled with being another Saber look-alike.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Someone should buy me an Eva model or a figurine of Karen Ararararagi.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

K. Flaps posted:

Someone should buy me an Eva model or a figurine of Karen Ararararagi.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, apparently the SE Asia English version of PSO 2 doesn't ip restrict anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Gunbuster is real good.

• Locked thread