Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I went to pay off the remaining balance on my car this week.

$25 dollars.

The bank wouldn't let me pay off the last $25.

I know drive around in a vehicle I owe $25 on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Ordered, as an AI nobody I don't want to steal one from a regular but those bottle openers are loving awesome

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Finally going to see Mad Max tonight. I need to decompress from a stressful weekend, so hopefully this will be :perfect: for that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Five left (holding two, seven left). Holy crap.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Ahahahaha

The e24 has been repainted from the doors back, and it's way rustier and full of bondo than I thought!

I should have taken the money and ran. This is going to get expensive...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Geirskogul posted:

THE TIME IS AT HAND!

Ordered, gently caress yea!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

leica posted:

Same here. So many restaurants are disappointing, it sucks when you have to shell out 50 bucks for a mediocre meal when you could have fed yourself much better for a week for that much.

I just got back from another two weeks in SF. Since I was there for so long I got a place with a kitchen because two loving weeks of eating out is basically some combination of expensive, inconvenient, disgusting or disappointing to me. Finance laughed at my grocery bill and decided they liked me a lot.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I can get behind that. But I am a fried rice man my self. Last week I made some steak fried rice from left over ribeyes we had. It was the poo poo. Sesame oil is key to good Asian cooking, though once we move, I would like to add a wok to my kitchen collection.

Fried rice and/or leftover mashed potatoes are pretty much tasty refrigerator velcro.

And I went with potatoes because the back yard of the place I was staying in had an entire loving hedge of rosemary. I'm not kidding....like bordering evergreen hedges you'd see around here in the northeast.......but rosemary. Also a peach tree and a lemon tree. I was way too happy about all of that.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
coilovers only took 10 hours and an angle grinder but gashdurnit, they're on the drat thing.

also just realized the other day that the war boys' salute is a v8.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
gently caress yeah, the volume is cranked to 11 in this theater.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
Never mind...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

scuz posted:

coilovers only took 10 hours and an angle grinder but gashdurnit, they're on the drat thing.

also just realized the other day that the war boys' salute is a v8.

If their salute is a V8, then the equivalent salute for a single cylinder engine seems very appropriate.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Found 2 dime bags of meth in the Audi 4k as I tore out the carpet.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

shoulda sent em to doc turbo XIV

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nevermind, a relative decided they were cool enough for christmas presents for my cousin and I, so two have been ordered and you can add the 1 you were holding back into the remaining count. Thanks for offering the hold though! :)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I ordered one too. I hope I got in on time.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Just noticed your title- Primus+Fury Road=:perfect:
I'm actually surprised I've never found drugs in any of my cars- I bought more than my share of awful vehicles from suspicious people back in the day. My brother's Fiero came with a complimentary 1/8 oz of crappy weed and a nice glass pipe under the driver's seat and that's about it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And they're all gone (holding one)! Have a stack of bubble mailers with shipping labels taped to them, I'll drop them in the post tomorrow.

Mariooncrack you got in on time, last one available. Holy crap those went quickly, and the $400-ish I spent on them turned right back into $400ish, so mission accomplished.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 20, 2015

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I found weed in a customer's car this morning looking for an OBDII port.

E: And poo poo I need to find something to make me not pissed off so I can get some decent sleep. Finding out that the 20 year old dipshit I work with makes significantly more than I do pisses me right the gently caress off so bad.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 20, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I found an entire RX7's shift turret full of weed shake when trying to diagnose bad shifting action.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I worked as a valet and people tried to pay me in weed on a weekly basis.

I found the largest bag of weed I've ever seen in the center console of a Tundra that I parked. The console latch was broken and it was just hanging wide open.

Edit: just left the theater. :perfect: times eleventy billion.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

El Scotch posted:

$25 dollars.

Followup post three months from now: "the bank repo'd my car over $25 that they wouldn't let me pay!"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

shoulda sent em to doc turbo XIV

Why does everyone assume I'm a tweaker just because I keep odd hours with random mood swings and my teeth are falling apart? :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

yeah where would we ever get that impres-

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

yeah where would we ever get that impres-

I'd say that owl pellets categorically count as downers

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

im just saying its been proven youre less than picky about what you put in your pipe

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
My b13 se-r came with a glass pipe and an iPod.

They only asked for the iPod back.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The '89 Celica GT I bought for $200 had 1.5 joints in the passenger door pocket. PO was kind enough to tell me I could keep them. They were pretty shite but eh, so is the car.

It is, of course, the most hellishly PO-hosed vehicle I've ever bought. It's been in storage for 5 years, waiting to unleash its horrrors upon the world and my psyche...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hell, the 85 4 door corolla I bought to move to Seattle with had a prison style tattoo gun in the trunk.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My parents are going on vacation today. My bro still lives at home but works weird hours. My 14 yr old dog has been having trouble holding her bladder lately so I gotta go let her out after work and feed her and then come bacl before I go to sleep and let her out again. Good thing I only live 5 minutes away. Poor dog. :(

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'd say that owl pellets categorically count as downers

You can't fake the funk

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

El Scotch posted:

$25 dollars.

Someone explain to me how that is legal?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

El Scotch posted:

$25 dollars.

They're going to repo it over that $25.

What's their reasoning for not letting you pay it off?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

They're going to repo it over that $25.

What's their reasoning for not letting you pay it off?

It's just their stupid maximum pre-payment amount, which I presume is per month. I'm sure I'll be able to pay it off next month (maybe I'll walk into the bank with $25 in rolls of pennies).

To use generic math: There's $5000 owing, I go to pay $5000 online. Online banking says 'maximum pre-payment authorization $4975'. $25 remaining. :smith:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Awh. Sad I missed the openers.

CommieGIR posted:

Just start rolling down PIB slowly. Someone will offer you good money for those.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

El Scotch posted:

It's just their stupid maximum pre-payment amount, which I presume is per month. I'm sure I'll be able to pay it off next month (maybe I'll walk into the bank with $25 in rolls of pennies).

To use generic math: There's $5000 owing, I go to pay $5000 online. Online banking says 'maximum pre-payment authorization $4975'. $25 remaining. :smith:

chrisgt deposited 25 cents in his bank account once. The teller was pretty confused.

Also I like how we just collectively out-trolled a FYAD invasion thread

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Ramen is delicious, you guys are nuts.

add sriracha and labatt instead of water, trust me

or add curry and cayenne pepper

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

add sriracha and labatt instead of water, trust me

or add curry and cayenne pepper

Also, cook up some chicken breast or cheap cut of steak with some seasoning and mix it in the ramen, shits awesome.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Hey fellow homeowners,

I need a new water softener. I've actually been going without for over a year, but just got a new water heater and would rather it not get filled with a ton of sediment like the old one was.

I called a company called Home Comfort Experts, who had installed everything in my house for the previous owners. I'm getting a Marlo brand softener installed tomorrow evening for $2,100, installed.

That seems really loving high to me, looking at Lowe's at the $497 Whirlpool brand softeners that have $199 installation.

Should I let the 'experts' do it or is that a huge ripoff?

I'd really like to do it myself but I can't solder and don't want to learn on my own plumbing (plus they're hauling away my old Bauer system thats been sitting down there disconnected for a year now).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh dammit i missed the radio gtmo ordering didnt i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

kastein posted:

Also I like how we just collectively out-trolled a FYAD invasion thread
Holy poo poo, this is actually accurate. :golfclap:

• Locked thread