Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Hey there time for another update!

New Episode
Episode 052 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 2"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Heartless

Mushroom XIII

These guys are very interesting. There are 13 of them and each one of them represents one member of Organization XIII. You can find them in various worlds and completing their minigames gives some really good prizes.
Reaction Command: Too Many To List

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

GMArcturus posted:

True but it makes the most sense to go through BBS next as the plot of the entire series intends for you to.

I thought I heard somewhere that each game builds on the previous one, or something like that.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I have just been informed that episode 52 hosed up and I have checked the copy on my hard drive and sure enough somehow Sony Vegas added 10 minutes of nothing to the end of the video during editing. I will change that and get it re-uploaded by the end of tomorrow.

Edit: I just edited the video using Youtube's editor and cut out the extraneous 10 minutes that somehow got added on. It will still probably be a bit before Youtube has finished editing the video so until then the original version with the unusual 10 minutes is able to be watched.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 9, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 053 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 3"

New Episode
Episode 053 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 3"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Heartless

Aerial Champ

The Aerial Champ's main attack is punching. They tend to appear in packs, and have many vicious punch combos. They tend to dodge until they attack with multiple jabs.
Reaction Command: Rapid Blow - A speedy attacking charge similar to the Aerial Knocker's own attacks.

Aerial Viking

This is a simple variation on the Air Pirate Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.
Reaction Command: Air Twister - Sora grabs an Aerial Viking and swings it around.

Beffudler

This is a simple variation on the Hook Bat Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.
Reaction Command: Bat Cry - Sora latches the Keyblade onto a Beffudler's hook. Sora then spins through the air, hitting airborne enemies with the help of the captured Beffudler.

Camo Cannon

This is a simple variation on the Cannon Gun Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.
Reaction Command: None

Iron Hammer

This is a simple variation on the Hammer Frame Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.

Lance Warrior

This is a simple variation on the Lance Soldier Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.
Reaction Command: Lance Tug - Sora grabs onto the lance of a Lance Warrior and flies around with the berserk lance, hitting multiple enemies.

Mad Ride

This is a simple variation on the Hot Rod Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.

Magic Phantom

This is a simple variation on the Trick Ghost Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.

Necromancer

This is a simple variation on the Shaman Heartless and only appears in the Cavern of Remembrance. It has the possibilty of dropping the Shaman's Relic+ staff for Donald.

Reckless

This is a simple variation on the Devastator Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.

Rune Master

This is a simple variation on the Bookmaster Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance. It has the possibility of dropping the Akashic Record+ shield for Goofy.

Spring Metal

This is a simple variation on the Emerald Blues Heartless and is only found in the Cavern of Remembrance.

KH2 Puzzles
These are the completed puzzles that come from the puzzle pieces you find hanging around the worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix.

Awakening

Heart

Duality

Frontier

Daylight

Sunset

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
Well, uh... this is awkward. Haven't posted anything in a while. So... Effort post!

Limits

Our final Limit, Riku's, is Session, equipped with Eternal Session. It is also one of the most versatile in the game. It does a large amount of damage as you'd expect by our last Limit, but it has a tool for dealing with just about every situation you'd use it in. Long range combat, short range combat, groups, bosses... something for everything, but it does do better against single-target enemies.

It starts out with Riku and Sora slashing the CRAP out of an enemy. After that, your options become Dark Cannon and Last Saber, which are Reaction and Attack respectively. Unlike some limits, Sora and Riku don't act independently during Session; each command is given to both of them. Dark Cannon is a long range volley of homing dark orbs. Last Saber, on the other hand, is a short combo of slashes against an enemy, similar to Session's opening move. After using those commands for a bit, you gain access to another two commands, Master Hearts and XIII Blades. Master Hearts is your Reaction, and basically Sora and Riku's Keyblades get covered in light and darkness, extending them out as fuckin' rad energy swords that they swing in front of them twice. XIII Blades, your attack, is the same thing, only this time they get thirteen energy swords surrounding them while they spin around to hit everything nearby.

Of course, no Limit would be complete without its finisher. In Session's case, this is All's End. Riku and Sora send their Keyblades up into the sky, where they shoot out blasts of energy at each other, hurting every single enemy around multiple times for powerful damage. It ends with a big flash of light, doing severe damage to every enemy as well.

Oh, and did I mention that Riku and Sora are basically flying the entire time this is active?

Summons

Okay, so I already went over Genie. But with a new form comes a new Drive? for him to use. His new Final Form Limit is called Infinity. It's best used to deal with groups of enemies that are fairly spread out.

While it's running, Sora and Genie run around with their Keyblades spinning around the air near them. As it progresses, they'll go to a different formation with Genie spinning around wildly. Basically, expect a lot of spinning and constant attacks wherever you decide to move to. At the end is Impact, where Sora holds his Keyblade up and Genie's Keyblade spins in front of it while Genie counts down from three. When he finishes, the Keyblade stops, lining up with Sora's, and then there's a bunch of explosions nearby.

Forms

Hoo boy, this one is a doozy. Final Form is, well, our Final Form, and definitely the most powerful. It's at least on par with Limit Form, which, as has been shown, is overpowered as all hell. It costs 5 bars of your Drive Gauge to use, and we've already discussed the quirks in unlocking it.

The first thing you'll notice is that not only is Sora floating above the ground, both of his Keyblades are floating around him, much like how Master Form has one Keyblade that he controls telekinetically. In fact, they put effort into the placement of the Keyblades; when Sora is standing still, they hover behind him, and when he moves forwards, they spread out almost like wings. I can't help but think this is a deliberate design choice, especially given certain things later in the series.

More importantly, the fact that the Keyblades float and move on their own allows for Final Form's special attribute. Every single action or motion you make counts as an attack. Yes, really. Using an Item or Cure? The Keyblades spin around Sora in a large area horizontally. Jumping? They do the same thing closer, blocking attacks and hitting enemies. Magic? Well, we'll get to that in a bit. What this means is that Final Form is both the ultimate offense and defense, intercepting attacks and hitting enemies without you hitting the attack or guard button. Final Form also takes attributes from all of the Forms that were in the original KH2. It hits as hard, physically and magically, as Valor Form and Wisdom Form; it hits in large areas and pulls enemies in, like Master Form; AND its combos hit very quickly and last a long time, like Anti-Form.

Speaking of its combos, attacking with Final Form is basically throwing enemies into a buzzsaw. Sora will hit around him, drag enemies closer to him, and basically just obliterate his target. Mix in some magic and nothing stands a chance. Fire acts like Wisdom Form's, where Sora moves towards an enemy while engulfed in flames. However, in Final Form it hits harder, but covers less distance. Blizzard... well, each use of Blizzard shoots two blocks of ice at the enemy, but its finisher is a rapid barrage of ice that pushes Sora back but also generally deals massive damage. Thunder summons multiple lightning bolts, and its finisher makes them most powerful and hit a larger area. Magnet lasts for only an instant, but the damage it deals to enemies is just massive, often instantly killing weaker ones. Lastly, and this might be one of the more important parts, Reflect has Sora's Keyblades spinning around him, dealing damage even without the shield exploding.

Last but not least, its Growth Ability is the always-useful Glide, which lets you simply fly through the air horizontally. While you will descend, the higher level your Glide, the less you fall down. In fact, at the higher levels of Glide, you actually will not touch the ground as long as you're gliding. Just holding the button without moving lets you slow down your fall, and just hover over the ground at higher levels. Glide is, after a brief moment of acceleration, the fastest way to get around areas. And, as a neat tip? Using Aerial Dodge and then going immediately into Glide skips the acceleration. So with a double jump, you'll rocket off around the room instantly.

Final Form levels up by killing Nobodies. The easiest way to do this is, of course, the World That Never Was, but there's an alternative in the Sorcerer's Tower in Twilight Town, which is filled with weaker Nobodies than TWTNW.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
and again I say gently caress DANCERS AND THEIR UNBLOCKABLE CHAINING BULLSHIT

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Of course Cloud's slower than sora - He moseyed.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update!

New Episode
Episode 054 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 4"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I have to agree there's so much poo poo in KH2 that I never used. I don't think I ever understood growth abilities, I just didn't use drive form enough.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, I'm sorry I didn't get any episodes out last week. I had really meant to, but I left for a mini vacation and completely forgot about the episodes after Monday. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and include the episodes I missed last week and today's episode in the same post.

New Episodes
Episode 055 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 5"
Episode 056 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 6"
Episode 057 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 7"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Data Battle Run feels like it should be the title for a JJBA arc.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

I just started catching up in videos and just wanted to point out that Lance Bass only voiced Sephiroth in KH1. His KH2 voice actor is George Newbern.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
So your cramming Data Xemnas in with Lingering Sentiment/Terra in one video? Also, Prythian, where's that list of commands for the Zexion fight that you mentioned in episode 57?

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Nameless Fool posted:

Also, Prythian, where's that list of commands for the Zexion fight that you mentioned in episode 57?

Funnily enough, I can't find one online. Lots of people saying to choose what command to get out of him changing your menu, no one listing anything else. That said, I'm pretty sure the general rule is that the other commands you can use give you health, mp, drive, or munny.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I'm actually curious Prythian, there is a set list of terms that can appear on the command menu during the Book Zone, correct? If so, is there any possible way to find all the terms that can show up? We could easily figure out what each does from what it is called if we have that list.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

GMArcturus posted:

I'm actually curious Prythian, there is a set list of terms that can appear on the command menu during the Book Zone, correct? If so, is there any possible way to find all the terms that can show up? We could easily figure out what each does from what it is called if we have that list.

You could always go fight Zexion and flip through the book while writing down all of the commands. :v:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I just want to say that episode 58 is going to be very special because a very special request made by Rhiodise during the recording of the commentary for episode 58 will be fulfilled.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update!

New Episode
Episode 058 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 8"

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That was an amazing trainwreck, well done. :allears:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, I thought House of Pain helped out in the Xaldin fight.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I wonder what would fit the Data Xigbar right, considering that was a bit of a comedy of errors as well...

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Time for the final update for Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix HD!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 059 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 9"

New Episode
Episode 059 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 9"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters

The Lingering Will

If you have played Birth by Sleep, then you know exactly who this is and why he is here. If you haven't, well lucky for you Birth by Sleep is the next game in the series.

Secret Ansem Reports

Chapter 01

Chapter 02

Chapter 03

Chapter 04

Chapter 05

Chapter 06

Chapter 07

Chapter 08

Chapter 09

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013

GMArcturus posted:

New Characters

The Lingering Will

If you have played Birth by Sleep, then you know exactly who this is and why he is here. If you haven't, well lucky for you Birth by Sleep is the next game in the series. We can't resist immediately blurting it out at the top of our lungs like 5 year olds.
Fixed that one for ya :v:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I'm thinking your the title under your avatar is appropriate, Rhio.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well the answer to 'who are these people' is answered in the intro/first 30 minutes of the next game.

Rage Awakened
The best theme in both this game and the next one.

But goddamn if it isn't Yoko as all gently caress, I don't know what is.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well the answer to 'who are these people' is answered in the intro/first 30 minutes of the next game.

Rage Awakened
The best theme in both this game and the next one.

But goddamn if it isn't Yoko as all gently caress, I don't know what is.

There are 2 things Yoko Shimomura uses that denote its a yoko song. Latin, and violins.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Silegna posted:

There are 2 things Yoko Shimomura uses that denote its a yoko song. Latin, and violins.

Nah it's the violin section with a leading violin as well as a piano and harp playing support.
Plus a big brass section doing the backing.

She Cant Stop Using same kind of soundfonts she is used to.
I could go for more.

By all means shes a great composer, and when her options are restricted she does pretty good things.
Like Guile's theme.

Less jokingly:
The entire Legend of Mana OST.
Why can't she do more of that rather than more KH styled stuff?

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 25, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, I just thought I would drop by and see if I could run an idea by the thread and hopefully get some thoughts on it. I am considering creating a streaming schedule, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Right now what I'm thinking about doing is having something that looks a little this.

1. Monday & Tuesday @ 10pm cst: I'm A Superhero Now! (Possible Games: Infamous, Infamous 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, Saint's Row 4)
  2. Wednesday & Thursday @ 10pm cst: Action League Now! (Possible Games: Devil May Cry collection, Resident Evil collection, Shinobi, Metal Gear collection)
  3. Friday @ 10pm cst: Turn-based Terror! (RPG night)
  4. Saturday - Sunday @ 3pm: Turn-based Terror cont'd (More RPGs)

Let me know what you think because I would really like to hear from you guys. As for tonight, I was thinking of continuing the Persona 4 stream that we started a ways back because I seriously need to finish that game. It will be starting at 11pm cst.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 26, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey, just a small update on tonight's stream. It will need to be pushed back by an hour because something has come up. I promise that we will continue P4 tonight though.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

Hey there everyone, I just thought I would drop by and see if I could run an idea by the thread and hopefully get some thoughts on it. I am considering creating a streaming schedule, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Right now what I'm thinking about doing is having something that looks a little this.

1. Monday & Tuesday @ 10pm cst: I'm A Superhero Now! (Possible Games: Infamous, Infamous 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, Saint's Row 4)
  2. Wednesday & Thursday @ 10pm cst: Action League Now! (Possible Games: Devil May Cry collection, Resident Evil collection, Shinobi, Metal Gear collection)
  3. Friday @ 10pm cst: Turn-based Terror! (RPG night)
  4. Saturday - Sunday @ 3pm: Turn-based Terror cont'd (More RPGs)

Let me know what you think because I would really like to hear from you guys. As for tonight, I was thinking of continuing the Persona 4 stream that we started a ways back because I seriously need to finish that game. It will be starting at 11pm cst.

That... seems like a lot to do in a week each week. You might burn yourself out fast doing a daily stream AND record an LP at the same time. Maybe cut it down to a few days a week at first, to see what is doable?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is this thing just for the summer season?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

To be honest that schedule was just a rough sketch of an idea and looking back on it again I can see that will probably be a bit much. As to the question whether this is just a summer thing, no I'm thinking I'm going to try and make this permanent. I'm not having much to do at night anyways so why not stream? Anyway let's try this one.

1. Saturday and Sunday @ 3pm cst: Turn-Based Terror! (RPGs)
  2. Monday @ 10pm cst: Turn-Based Terror cont'd!
  3. Tuesday: Nothing
  4. Wednesday @ 10pm cst: I'm A Superhero Now! (Possible Games: Infamous, Infamous 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, Saint's Row 4)
  5. Thursday: Nothing
  6. Friday @ 10pm cst: Action League Now! (Possible Games: Devil May Cry collection, Resident Evil collection, Shinobi, Metal Gear collection)

I think that will work a little better.

Anyway, it is now time to do a little work on Persona 4!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Cancel that last idea. Streaming just won't work out for me.
I think I will just hold off on starting this until next week.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 27, 2015

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

Cancel that last idea. Streaming just won't work out for me.
I think I will just hold off on starting this until next week.

Yea, it might be best as a lot of people are going to be watching SGDQ. Twitch will be devoting a lot of it's resources for that, and smaller streams will likely suffer from that. On top of Twitch's usual crappiness.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
Alright, at the end of KH1 I did an overview of the information I did in the game. At the end of CoM, I didn't do poo poo. But now, here at the end of KH2, I'm going to link to every single info post I made for it because why not. :v:

Fire, Blizzard, and Valor Form
Mulan's Limit
Cure and Chicken Little
Beast and Auron's Limits
Thunder and Trinity Limit
Reflect, Donald's First Limit, and Wisdom Form
Anti-Form
Jack Sparrow's Limit
Goofy's First Limit
Magnet, Limit and Master Form, Jack Skellington and Tron's Limits, Stitch and Peter Pan
Aladdin's Limit, Donald's Second Limit, Genie
Let's Get Physicals
Goofy's Second Limit, Simba's Limit, Lion Form
Riku's Limit and Final Form

I was going to go over Lingering Sentiment, but to be honest there's not much to say about him. He randomly chooses one move to favor when you start the battle, pray you get one that's not difficult to deal with. Also he takes more damage for each finisher landed on him, though this resets after a bit.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, I finally got my streaming schedule fixed and you can find it at this link.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Ah yes, Kingdom Hearts.

How many hours of my childhood was wasted on this series?
Definitely love some of the heartless designs, I remember thinking Vivi was going to have something to do with the heartless at some point too.

I'm still loving baffled as to why they never released KH III for Playstation 3, many people that grew up with KH have probably outgrown it or lost interest. Granted we had the really poor game on DS and the pretty okay one one the 3ds, and the really good one on the PSP (Team Aqua FTR).

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Streaming Time for Turn-Based Terror! Today that means Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright everyone, it's time to begin Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix HD!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 001 – "KH BbS FM HD: A Meteor Shower!"

New Episode
Episode 001 – "KH BbS FM HD: A Meteor Shower!"

The Journal

New Characters

Terra

One of the three protagonists for this story, but we have actually recently fought him as the Lingering Will in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD.

Ventus

My, my, my doesn't this character look familiar. He is also protagonist number two.

Aqua

Well how about that, this is the first time (and hopefully not the last) we have had a female protagonist/playable character.

That's all we have for Birth by Sleep today, but remember that tonight we are continuing Turn-Based Terror from 10pm central to Midnight central and tonight we will be shifting gears and attempting to get further on Persona 4. This is because I'm far and away closer to finishing that game than Final Fantasy Tactics. This stream will be located at http://www.twitch.tv/gmarcturus.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Jesus those pictures for the BBS trio are huge. Also, one of my favorite KH games. The other is the GBA chain of memories. can't wait to see how long it takes arcturus to get used to the command deck!

• Locked thread