Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Tempus Thales posted:

I wish you guys had a Slack rather than IRC... Well in case anyone is interested I created a Slack Channel. http://trovegoons.slack.com

PM me your emails for invites or post here.

Can we be in multiple Slacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

poptart_fairy posted:

So yeah, I'm definitely enjoying this more than I did Minecraft. I've sunk a silly amount of time into building my house - got a basement pool, a sub-basement portal area and a fancy glass roof :haw: - and remarkably less in the PVE side of things. I'm fighting and exploring so I can get cosmetic stuff through crafting, not really too fussed about my actual level. Pity you can't level through building but oh well.

Not going to say it's better than Minecraft, they're obviously doing different things, but the focus on RPG stuff has given me a focus I thought was missing otherwise. Minecraft made me freeze up a lot because I really had no idea what to do with all that freedom.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of building metric/leveling component in the game eventually. I've seen some Minecraft mods and servers (Woodycraft to name one) that had a metric that rewarded you based on how much you built/mined.

Server issues aside, this has been the most fun I've had in an MMO since SWG back in 2003. We got a whole group of Goons together yesterday, upwards of 15 to 20 yesterday, and just ran a giant kill train all over Uber4 and then stomped some Shadow portals until we ran out of keys. There is just so much to do/collect/unlock/etc., it's easy to get distracted from whatever task you were working on.

As for the giant kill train in Uber 4 - with several of us on our bouncing mounts, this is all I could think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOA6p8R_kE

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

How hard are the shadow arenas, seems difficult to find proper information and I doubt you really need EIGHT people in this game.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Brendan Rodgers posted:

How hard are the shadow arenas, seems difficult to find proper information and I doubt you really need EIGHT people in this game.

Not bad at all with a group. I've done one with a group of 3 before and we got through it pretty handily. It didn't seem really *that* hard to begin with, but I was with a couple Goons that had done a few before and knew what to expect, so your mileage may vary.

Furious Mittens fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 20, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

poptart_fairy posted:

Ugh, the gunner is awful. I should have used my cubits for Shadow Hunter or Candy Barbarian. :saddowns:

I wasn't joking when I was whining in the club chat :argh:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I'm working on making a Tabula Rasa club world specifically for gardening, with separate fenced-off areas and such. If anyone wants to contribute to the terraforming or whatever, contact Emtu in-game. (I haven't actually made the club world yet, but I do have an unused card ready to make it.)

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

m2pt5 posted:

I'm working on making a Tabula Rasa club world specifically for gardening, with separate fenced-off areas and such. If anyone wants to contribute to the terraforming or whatever, contact Emtu in-game. (I haven't actually made the club world yet, but I do have an unused card ready to make it.)

I would be glad to help. I was thinking about setting one up as well, so I think between a few dedicated Goons, we should have plenty of areas for resources and various tomfoolery.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

God drat so apparently the game doesn't save your position in the login queue if your net drops out or whatever. :smith:

At least if you get disconnected in game though you can skip the queue.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there any rules against offensive cornerstone buildings? I was thinking of building a huge middle finger, but I'm afraid they might remove it, and all my work would have been for naught.

Also 30+ min queues:arghfist:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Also 30+ min queues:arghfist:
For a game that lends itself so well to casual play this is really loving annoying. I had fun last night after I finally managed to get in and be at my computer long enough to not get booted for AFKing.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

m2pt5 posted:

We can set up a portal in the central tower later, if you like.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Arsonide posted:

We can set up a portal in the central tower later, if you like.

That would be cool.

Also, at least according to the wiki, there's a command that can "Display the most recent edits to the club world and it's inventories" which is /club log, so you should be able to see who changes things.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

These wait times are killing me. Also the same 3 looping clips of shittily compressed bird noises, those are also killing me. They're worse than the waiting, actually.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I got kicked out yesterday after killing the boss in the dungeon as part of the tutorial. When I logged in today I have the quest 'Craft a Loot Collector', but when I go to the crafting table there doesn't seem to be a loot collector thing to craft. Help?

edit, I found a novice crafting bench in my inventory which had the loot collector as something I could make on it.

Danith fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 20, 2015

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Danith posted:

I got kicked out yesterday after killing the boss in the dungeon as part of the tutorial. When I logged in today I have the quest 'Craft a Loot Collector', but when I go to the crafting table there doesn't seem to be a loot collector thing to craft. Help?

Which crafting table are you looking at? I'm pretty sure Loot Collector is in the Novice Crafting Table.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I just finished nuking my Trove install from orbit and reinstalled completely, and I CAN SEE PLANTS AND SIGNS NOW! So yeah, that's what happened. Sorry for any false plant stealing accusations; everything was accounted for.

Danith
May 20, 2006
Can someone invite Danith to a club

Also, classes only get 3 abilities besides their regular attack?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Danith posted:

Can someone invite Danith to a club

Also, classes only get 3 abilities besides their regular attack?

Yep, 3 abilities is what you get.

Fortunately, Trove recognizes back and forward buttons on a mouse with them, so I have the second special on back and the third on forward.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How do you unlock more block recipes? I've found a bunch of the biome-related ones, but not any for the various colored blocks.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

How do you unlock more block recipes? I've found a bunch of the biome-related ones, but not any for the various colored blocks.

They appear fairly rarely among ore veins, but you can also get them through Runecrafting.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

m2pt5 posted:

They appear fairly rarely among ore veins, but you can also get them through Runecrafting.

Usually in higher level Uber zones

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Literally worse than the 2nd week of Warlords of Draenor. Is it always like this?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Shadowlz posted:

Literally worse than the 2nd week of Warlords of Draenor. Is it always like this?

They keep updating the game to take larger queues and authenticate/log them in faster
They keep adding hardware to support more people

This game is really loving popular apparently and they can't handle it.:supaburn:

Granted ArcheAge was the same way, but that was a terrible loving game and this game is really good at it's niche and looks like it plans on embracing the community.
Probably gonna fit the RPG/Building niche people wanted Cubeworld to be, since Minecraft is more Survival/Building rather than RPG.
(I bought cubeworld way back and it's a decent alpha. Wish a few of the mechanics were in Trove, but overall Trove is doing fine with what it has)

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 20, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Seems the free Class Coin just got released. Now to ponder if I should choose Tomb Raiser or Boomeranger...

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Broken Cog posted:

Seems the free Class Coin just got released. Now to ponder if I should choose Tomb Raiser or Boomeranger...

Tough decision with that one.

If you like to mine, go Boomeranger - it has the added benefit of having bombs that can help in mining that are no cost to you (you don't have to craft/find/buy bombs to do mining). It's also a fun class to play.

If you like pets and facerolling stuff, go Tomb Raiser.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Well this game has certainly come a long way since alpha.

Does anyone know a way to filter mounts to only show the ones you actually have?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Furious Mittens posted:

If you like to mine, go Boomeranger - it has the added benefit of having bombs that can help in mining that are no cost to you (you don't have to craft/find/buy bombs to do mining). It's also a fun class to play.

Take note, the Boomeranger's don't explode downwards at all, only sideways and up. If you want to mine with boomeranger bombs, you should dig under the ore then place the bomb.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
So I found out that you can make the old school water elevators from Beta Minecraft in Trove, which leads to a lot of neat methods for easily moving through large buildings in the clubworld or for any future flight platforms. Magrails are pretty sweet, but this method is the fastest and smallest footprint for straight vertical movement.

You don't need a boat for this method, you can jump up through the water as well, but the boat is a hell of a lot faster and more stable.

Interesting note, if your ship has cannons, you can actually mine all the way up at the world's max height and the blocks will fly to you. :v:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Can we be in multiple Slacks?

yes...

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just added myself to the spreadsheet. Anyone online should add Ag0at!

Edit: How do I talk in chat? :|

Agoat fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 21, 2015

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Update coming tomorrow, and among other things, this is in the patch notes:

quote:

The game now mutes sound when it loses focus.

If that holds without an option to let it remain as-is, I'm done with fishing. If I can't tab out and still be able to hear the bloop when there's a fish, there's no way I'd have the patience for it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Added myself to the spreadsheet, would love an invite to the club whenever it's possible.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Someone mentioned that there's a new class coming soon, could you link the article?

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Alright, so we've got a lot of people finding themselves to be squishy, so let's talk gear for a bit.

The gear game is really your level progression after 20. Rather than trying to wait for the perfect drop, you should instead find a drop that has the stats you want, and then upgrade that to shadow level with flux. There's not a very big spread at all, if any on gear rolls. A Legendary Bow will always have the same physical attack stat.

So, it really depends on the class what you want. Some classes don't use energy regen, or really need attack speed. What most classes do need is health. There are three basic health related stats. +Health, +Regen, and +Health Regen. These are huge bonuses that really effect your survivability. You want this on your gear.

Finally, there are pearls of wisdom. These are 1000 flux from random treasure isle merchants. Each one will add a random 4th stat to your gear pieces, then additional ones will boost one of the four stats by a %. These are also useful. Once you get around 10 or so, think about what stats you want, find gear with that stat, and start working it up to shadow level. You can use rainbow items to save on the flux if you're low, and they should drop often enough that you'll find the three stats you need by the time you've got the flux to make it shadow.

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32351-Neon-Dragons-Edition

Here's the patch notes. Servers will be down for 3 hours or so.

Of note is the introduction of neon dragons, and new adventuring chests. No more paunchy dragon pups and peridoters, it's on to red pandas now!

Danith
May 20, 2006

xutech posted:

Someone mentioned that there's a new class coming soon, could you link the article?

I can't find anything. I thought 'neon dragon' was going to be a new class but I guess it's just a bunch of equipment?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Candy dudes are kind of creepy. Eat me. Eat me! EAT ME! :byodood:

Also I just noticed that if anyone's mining near you, then the both of you will get blocks and resources. Not having to compete with other players for diamonds and stuff is great.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

poptart_fairy posted:

Candy dudes are kind of creepy. Eat me. Eat me! EAT ME! :byodood:

Also I just noticed that if anyone's mining near you, then the both of you will get blocks and resources. Not having to compete with other players for diamonds and stuff is great.

Yes, up to 8 people nearby get the resources you mine, it's why it's so great to announce a good cave find in the club chat

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Especially today, when there's a +50% drop rate on ore. A roving band of mining goons this afternoon would make a lot of bank off of digsleys.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Digsleys suck when you can just frack instead of mine. Lasermancy in general is useless when bombs work like they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Digsleys suck when you can just frack instead of mine. Lasermancy in general is useless when bombs work like they do.

Bombs are not free to make though, and with a high lasermancy you chew through blocks like nothing.

• Locked thread